Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #5

lozi Guest

hi everyone,

just thought i would say a quick hi. was in the june thread but havent logged on for a bit and realised its disappeared!

have been having issues getting max to sleep, not sure what has been happening (still no sign of teeth) but seemed to be better, but last night was terrible he wouldnt go to sleep at 4am we put him in our bed AGAIN and he went to sleep almost straight away.. i am starting to think he just wants company and getting a bit addicted to sleeping in our bed.. its really affecting our sleep UGH any suggestions welcome

brooke- thanks for the suggestions - tried giving him cereal at night and switched to nurofen definitely think that helps.. did i read right is maya already walking?? max crawls and stands up takes a shaky step every now and then but then decides crawling is a much quicker form of transport.. very funny

kate - congratulations on the pg that is wonderful!

heather- hope you and bub are good.. how's the house selling going?

ps. baby signing sounds interesting.. am going to investigate :>
    speak soon

laura

lozi Guest

hi everyone,

just thought i would say a quick hi. was in the june thread but havent logged on for a bit and realised its disappeared!

have been having issues getting max to sleep, not sure what has been happening (still no sign of teeth) but seemed to be better, but last night was terrible he wouldnt go to sleep at 4am we put him in our bed AGAIN and he went to sleep almost straight away.. i am starting to think he just wants company and getting a bit addicted to sleeping in our bed.. its really affecting our sleep UGH any suggestions welcome

brooke- thanks for the suggestions - tried giving him cereal at night and switched to nurofen definitely think that helps.. did i read right is maya already walking?? max crawls and stands up takes a shaky step every now and then but then decides crawling is a much quicker form of transport.. very funny

speak soon

laura

lozi Guest

hi everyone,

speak soon

laura

hey all,

sorry i havent been around alll weekend we are all sick as dogs. Hendrix has such a bad cough and cold with fevers but he is doing ok - sleeping lots and lots thankfully.

Rach - great to hear from you sweetie. I think about you and your family heaps and heaps. We do miss you in the thread but im glad that you are still reading and keeping up with the goss. When you are ready sweet we look forward to hearing from you.

Brooke -One of my books says that they are really starting to dream a lot of vivid dreams now and that also as Kate says as they are develping so much (especially wonder women maya) that its quite hard for them to quiet their little minds. Mike lost his studio when Hendy was born (it now is situated in the lounge room) one of the reasons we are moving.

Bel - our holiday was fab - how was yours. Although life moves so quickly these days that it seems like a life time ago.

Hi Laura

Hi Fletchie

Hi Kate - big hugs to you hope you get some extra sleep somehow.

Hayseed - thanks for the email (and post). Glad you found them cheaper. Let us know how they go.

Well the house selling is going quite well. We've had some interested people but we are going to auction (we will sell prior if we receive a good offer). On saturday we looked at a couple of houses and i saw the one that i believe is the one. It goes to auction 4 days after ours so we wil see.

Other news on our front is that amongst all the sickness Hendrix has also got a toofiepeg!! Only just a scratchie bit at the moment. How long do they take before they are out and more toofie like??

Hi everyone

You all made me feel so special and loved... how could I not come back? Thank you.

Well, Blake is still a gorgeous and amazing little boy. We havent' been to the MCHN since 13/12 but he would have to be maybe 9.4kg and well, he was 68 or 69cm back then so maybe 71/72 now? He's got his 2 bottom toofies which are well and truly through - they cut 17/12 and 22/12 - and the top two are just about through too. The left one has the biggest white dot under the gum, and everytime he wakes up it's grown more. He's alseep at the moment, so it may have come through when he wakes it's that close.

Blake's also sitting by himself, babbling away with da-da and bub-ba's but no mumma's yet. He's also nearly crawling - up on his hands and knees rocking like crazy and moving around but not forward. He has this thing for backwards at the moment but I'm sure he'll progress. He's really changed in the last week or two. Bless his little cotton socks.

We had some drama's with b/feeding about 2 weeks ago which I worked out to be due to AF. I though he was going to completely wean, but he's back on the BB's and has about 2 feeds a day as my milk is low from the two weeks off. But that's good because we are looking to TTC and in fact will try to DTD this week to catch an eggy if my cycles is 'normal'.

I went for a job interview on Thursday with the same company as Tracey (Barley1) but it was only 13.5hours a weeks so I'm going to call them shortly and retract my application. Although the perks of working for them would be good, it's not enough hours, not financially viable and not worth it if we're TTC. it was just thought of working there that made me apply!

And now to personals... sorry for the marathon post but as you know its' been a while!

Kate baby, I've said it before but I'm so thrilled for you. How exciting to conceive so quickly, you're so clever. I hope you get Kelse's sleeping sorted out. Blake also loves holding hands while he goes to sleep and sometimes I have to do this at night to calm him. I wish I had the answer for you hun.

Brooke - your little Maya is amazing. What a talented girl she is. Kate could be right about Maya's sleep issues to do with her quick achievements. Hopefully she will settle in the studio in her own space.

Bel - I'm so sorry I didnt' get the sleepign bag pattern to you. It was all in the middle of Dad's stuff and it was just too much. Would you like a copy now? I've still got your addy I think.

Hay, LOL about Pup disappearing the other day. Blake does that all the time. Funny isn't it. Just wait until they start crawling, who knows where they'll get to! Good luck with TTC.

Vanita, I hear you're TTC too... ooh there's lots of us. You're little (? hardly!) Dion is still doing beautifully - well if you call raspberries with food beautiful!

Heather - how are you and Hendy going? Has he given up the bb's for good? How's the ffing going? Hope you are all feeling better honey. Good luck with your houses - buying and selling!

Hi Fletch, how's Zane going? Hope you're all keeping well.

Hello to everyone else. I'm so sorry if I've missed you. Not intended to insult.

My boy's just woken from his nap. *wonder if he's grown that toof.*

Talk soon. I promise.
    xx

We still wrap to go to sleep too. It's kinda like his signal that it is time for sleep, so no mucking around!! I thought about not wrapping, especilly in the hotter weather when i would love to just put him down, but he gets out of his wrapping every night anyway and goes back to sleep so i don't see the point really of changing what we are doing. On those really hot nights, I try to feed him till he goes to sleep on the boob (which he does pretty much every night anyway) and then just lay him on his sheet. Later on, I go in and cover him up. But for his day sleeps, he goes into bed awake, so really needs to be wrapped.

Rach - We are FF twice a day and BF 2-3 times a day. He is sick at the moment so im trying to get lots of fluids into him but once he gets better im going to cut his fluids to 2 BF morning and night and one or two FF. I finally found a bottle and teats that he likes (thanks kate) he is having nuk bottles and teats and loves them.

Fletch - the house is in lilyfield and is just divine (fingers crossed).

Wardy I am not trying to concieve LOL, 4 is enough!!!

Kate we have gone to putting Dion in a sleeping bag, but leaving his arms tucked in, and not through the arm holes, as he was getting out of his wrappings in minutes!!!

Fletch, its good that Zane is making all green with envy LOL

Brooke, hope that Maya's sleeping settles for you soon. Yippee for her having her own room!!!!

Hayseed, good luck TTC!

Hi Kate, sorry to hear Kelsey is not feeling a 100 % its dreadful when they're unwell. As you know Dion first got Bronchiolitis at 6 weeks, has had chest xrays, stopped breathing a few times, been threatened by Gp to get sent to the RCH, 7 lots of antibiotics, ventolin 4hrly, and now has a chronic resperatory problem. He has Dimetapp and Panadol nearly every night, tonight I tried vicks baby balsam to see if it helps. Have you got a humidifier, if anyone doesnt, I'd highly recommend this as a purchase for all mums before winter hits!!!!

Heather, sorry to feel the family have all been hit with the bug, hopefully you all pickup soon! We desparately need a new house, but will have to wait a few years for the "equity mate"

Double the hugs Rach, you're not alone!!

Fletch ROTFLMAO picturing Zane doing the wheelbarrow did you get a piccy??? Must try do it again with a camera in hand!!!!!

Brooke, I use polar fleece ones that have been handmade by my mum 7 yrs ago for the twins ( since then Rianna and my 2 nephews have all worn them) I dont put anything over the top, and if its warm, Dion just wears a singlesuit underneath. I have to tie the arms around the back otherwise he gets his arms in the sleeves, and its the same as being unwrapped!!! But sofar is working!!!

Fletch - HA HA HA about Zane doing the wheelbarrow race!!

Kelse loves stomach crunches too, she looks like a little catapiller when she's wrapped up in bed & tries to sit up to see what's going on lol.
    Just prior to Xmas, I was at a family Xmas BBQ and I was putting Pup down for a sleep and I had him wrapped up in a white wrap. My unlce happens on past, takes one look and said he looked like a little maggot!!! He he he.... he was just being funny though... Even I had to laugh!!

Brooke/Fletch - Pup isn't really sitting by himself yet (I think Pup is the last in this group to do everything...sheesh...he is doing fantastically at rolling though =D>. He kinda sits up but only because he is perfectly balanced. If he insofar as leans 1 cm either wa, then over he goes!

We are trying to come up with a holiday destination for March and are unsure where to go. We have HEAPS of frequent flyer points so flyign isn't really an issue (unless of course, we can't get FF seats). Thinking maybe WA (would LOVE to go to Broome - anyone been? Good, bad or average...and remember, we'll have an 8mth in tow) or Perth to catch up with friends (and maybe some BB girls??), or maybe to NZ. We've been to all these places (except Broome) and lots of others around Aust. I'm dying to go on holiday, but sort of have the "can't be stuffed" attitude about organising it all.

Kate, have a lovely time at your catch up. Wish there was something closer to me, but maybe one time I'll try to get to Melb and catch up with a few Melb girls in a central(ish) location.

Hi to all.

Hi everyone,

We just got back a couple of hours ago. I am up to my ears in washing and there is luggage everywhere. Its going to take a week to get organised.

We had a great trip. Only thing was Al got Roseola Infantum last week. Which is supposed to be a common virus amongst this age group, although I had never heard of it before. Poor little thing had a fever for a day then came up with a red rash all over his body for a few days. We ended up at an ER in a hospital in bangkok, as we were so worried and unsure what he had.

Sorry haven't caught up with all your messages. Although Kate! I see congratulations are in order! Great news. You are a quick one! Good on you! \/

Will be online a bit more I hope now I'm back home. Missed you all.

Hey Deb,

is there a common name for what Al had? I've never heard of it either (well, not by the name yuou gave)

hayseed it is known as slap cheek or slap face

hi everyone just as i go on oscar needs me be back later

beckles

Just popping by quickly...

Kate, if Kelse is in her cot, don't forget to raise the head end which will help her too overnight.

Deb, so sorry to hear that Al got slap cheek. I hope he's well over it now.

Vanita... sorry about putting you in the TTC basket. I just thought you've got 4 gorgeous kids, why wouldn't you want more!

Hay, LOL @ maggot comment. I'm glad you saw it as humourous. I got a giggle out of it too.

Fletch, love the wheelbarrow! Will have to try that with Blake.

belmarks Guest

Hi ladies, just a quick pop in. Hope you are all well.

Coby is going great, sleeping really well now during the day, but I hesitate to say anything in case I jinx myself!!

Anyway, must go and tend to my little peanut.

Ciao

Slap cheek is a funny name for it! He was covered in red spots. We have a photo of him with it on his site. And yes it is contagious - around the time they have the fever is apparently the most contagious time. I don't know who he caught it from. But it is common only between the age of 6 mnths and 2 years.

Al is all over the place here now...he is no longer where I last saw him. He is commando crawling and rolling around everywhere. And trying to get into everything. I have a job to do with childproofing here. Al can sit on his own too, but this has only happened a few days ago. Before that he couldn't balance very long on his own.

I am still BF, seems like around the clock! But I hope now we're back home, we can get into a bit more of a routine and finally start to ween him off. I am over the leaking boobs!

hi all

kate yes it is common and as deb says contagious. i am used to 20 Q i have been a nurse for 20 years now! eeeeekk. sorry about kelseys cold.

deb glad youre back? i hear you on the leaky boobs, i smell like an old dairy.

bel hi glad coby is sleeping so well

rachel i hope you are doing ok and nice to see you in here

fletch wheelbarrow races yay

vanita it's a bit quieter now kids are back at school

oscar is waving hi and bye now but whenever he does it he claps his hands afterwards cos that's what we do so he thinks thats what you do. it is so funny. when we go to the shop he spends all the time waving at people and staring at them if they are ignoring him and finally when they look he waves like crazy.

ok we have to go to parent/teacher interviews so scary i think josh's female teacher has more testosterone than all my boys put together. she scares us, both me and den.

love beckles

Ahh yes, I have heard of slap face/cheek. In fact, I think I was tested for it myself in trying to find out why I miscarried so much. Don't think I've had it though... :-k .

Pup has found the remote!! Typical male. And can change the channels easily too. He pushed a button before and some weird image popped up on the screen and for the life of me, I couldn't get rid of it. Ahhhhh for the bygone days of the tv that had a turn knob for channels....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast