Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005

P.S Hendy's feet are never out of his mouth they are his favourite toy!!

Oh and i just thought of Henrix's favourite thing to make him laugh is saying
    1.....2......3. The anticipation of the three makes him p*ss himself laughing.

OMG OMG OMG Kate Kelsey is so so gorgeous. I love love love the one of her in her white dress on (your)?? lap? Hendrix had a go in a friends Jolly jumper on the weekend and loved it so he is getting one for christmas!

He he, you sound like me Fletch. So many appliances, so little time to use them!!!!!

Hayseed

Hi ladies

Just thought id pop in and say hello...miss you guys. Its a bit quiet in the August thread today.

Fletchie Zane just sounds gorgeous. I love the new piccies too...love the one with all the babies lying together..what a lovely momento of your antenatal class..that is so great. Aww at the shower though...wonder what it was that caused him to cry....poor baby. Sammy actually loves the shower..he only has one every now and then cos he just loves the bath so much and normally spends the whole time slurping on mine and darrens shoulder trying to drink the water. Glad you got him into a 4 hour routine too. We do lots of dancing and singing here too...always gets him smiling. Kisses and nibbles on the neck gets him really going. We have to work really hard for laughs though..he smiles all the time but doesnt really giggle...i guess hes just taking his time..lol. The girls dont have to do anything and he smiles at them..he just adores them.

Kate ive just checked out your piccies and think your little girl is just adorable. Too cute for words. Sammy loves his jolly jumper now too...im glad i persevered..cos the first day he hated it! Thats great that Kelse had a 3 hour sleep for you this morning Kate..gotta be happy with that. Sammy has never ever slept for that long during the day..think hes such a piggy he gets too hungry..lol.

Heather Hendy just sounds adorable...lol at anticipating the one two .....Gotta try that one with Sammy. And the feet too...how cute. Sammys found his feet but has yet to put them into his mouth..give him a few weeks though and im sure he will..hehe

Hi Beckles..hope little Oscar is ok..its so awful when they get sick. Sammy has had a cold and a cough and i feel so sad for him.

Layla Sarah is just too cute for words. What a sweetheart!

Hiya Hayseed...glad to hear pup is going well.

Well all is good here...Sammy is doing well. Hes a happy little chappy generally. Still loves sleeping with Mummy more than anything else..lol..the good thing is that when hes in bed with us I loose count of how often he wakes to feed cos im right there and i think im getting so good at it that i just pop him straight onto the boob and fall asleep..lol.

Well ttfn

Jo

Jo - sammy is just delectible (sp) i love the pic of him with his hand in his mouth he looks so content that you want to kiss him. Also the one of him having a cuddle with his sister makes me want to extend my family!! Good to catch up with you
    xx

Awww Heather thank you Ive just had a squiz at Hendy's site too and hes just too darn cute for words

Jo

Gee you girls have been chatty today!

Would just like to add that gigglepots here loves it when he is lying across my arms and I bring him up to my face and do a rasberry or pretend to eat his belly. He loves 'flying'. Also when he's just in a nappy when I'm dressing I sometimes do 'blood running up, blood running down, spiders running up spiders running down..etc' - cracks him up.

A friend gave us the best little toy the other day - it is the first one he isn't screaming at within 5 minutes - which is a breakthrough. It is a little rubber chewing thing - hard to describe, but is about the size and shape and thickness of one of those air freshener trees people hang in their car off the mirror. But I think because its easy to hold and its satisfying to chew on, he loves it.

We're getting a new fridge today (woohoo) so I am in the process of cleaning out the old one. So - better get back to it before they arrive.

Fletch - we are looking to buy in the inner west (balmain, rozelle, lilyfield, leichardt). Our property isnt going to be advertised now though until late January as its slowing down now for Christmas and new year but the agent will obvioulsy still show it to any prospective buyers so fingers crossed
    Im so impatient but will just have to wait!

Kate - thanks so much for the compliment of our boy. We think he is pretty special but i think we may be a tad biased! hehe
    After you posted i took a look at Hendrix website and his baby photos and it made me sad. He (as have all our babies) has just grown so much and already isnt like a baby but a little boy! Everyone says 'they grow so quick' but i really didnt think they would change so very quickly.

hey Fletch - none of my business but when are you guys going to be TTC again?? (i think your about my age??) Just interested to know if you dont mind divulging (sp)

Ok what wipes do you guys use?? We use the Huggies unscented but they are pretty exy to. Although as with the nappies we only buy them on special, but id be interested to buy cheaper ones if they are also ok?

heather, we use the unscented johnson and johnson wipes i find huggies wipes too rough and thick for my bubba's bot bot. you can get them cheap at coles.

oscar did a huge pooh this morning so i am hoping this was the cause of his grizzling yesterday he hadn't done one for a while.

love beckles

Thanks beckles!! I might get some J&J today and try them out.

Fletch - im 25 too!! Im not sure when we will TTC again. Im still studying (to be a primary teacher) and have a couple of years of part-time study to go. The advantage of this is that i get to be at home with Hendrix and be getting through this blooming degree. Ill probably try to have number 2 before i start work as i dont really want to start and then leave straight away!! We also want 3 bubs (i would like 4 but we will see). So we may try again when Hendrix is 1.5-2 years old i think?

oh i am so envious of you young spunks. can i suggest having had babies at 27, 30 and then at 38 the younger you are the better and easier it is. that's just my experience anyway. although i don't know if i could have coped with a small gap i had three years and that was lovely cos josh could entertain himself and speak about his feelings especially about jeolousy about zak. i feel like an old cow that should've been put out to pasture. moooooooooooooo

love beckles

Oh Beckles!!! (your mini) (my sister's and my way of saying how cute someone is)

My mum has always said to me that i should try for a 3 year gap for the same reason you expressed. So that Hendrix is old enough to express his feelings and so that i can enjoy his babyhood. Id be really interested to hear of your experience in a bit more detail if possiblle?

Listen to all you spring chickens, if you're over the hill what am I ( I had the twins at nearly 27 and they will be 7 friday!!!) I use the huggie wipes, as have tried all the other brands, and some you put your fingers through ( especially as they get older IYKWIM) and are not wet enough, or dont pull apart easy enough ( one handed, whilst fighting kicking 2 yr old legs with the other hand) or are not big enough.

Dion loves it when daddy does duck noises, but only laughes if we are laughing

I admire people who have a small gap between kids coz its sooooo hard!!! The twins developed at the same rate and were actually easier than Rianna and Dion are ( 22 months apart) I found the twins fabulous with Rianna ( 4 1/2 yrs) and If I actually chose a gap I think 3 yrs would be the easiest, by three most kids are toilet trained. can walk, talk, eat, and be reasoned with. Time out and taking away privilage works by three, up until then they are a quivering mass of emotions and instincts and discipline is very hard, they dont understand consequences and forget very easily. Rianna tried to pick Dion up out of his swing the other day ( to put her baby in) and dropped him on the floor, DH and I were both in the room, but couldnt prevent it, VERY SCARY> Luckily Dion bouced, and is OK. I can leave the big girls with the little ones, but have to be constantly on alert when its the two littlies by themselves.

Dion doesnt have a heap of floor time, as Rianna doesnt see him and walks on him, so he has tummy time and "floor time'" up on our bed, where she cant get to him. She loves him dearly but just doesnt understand yet. I can have him asleep in the pusher ( a double one) and she leans over, pulls out his dummy, so she can kiss him, then I have a very p*&d off little boy, screaming for his dummy back.

Then there's the issues of shopping, our supermarket has double trolleys, but their both capsule, or both sit up, not one of each. Dion is quite often in a sling whilst Rianna is in the trolley, but thats a killer, as he's nearly 8 kg, and it gets really heavy on your back.

Any way thats MY experiences with the age gaps, and as I said before I admire you girls TTC now, as I barely have the energy to look after the ones Ive got I couldnt possibly grow another one!!! =D>
    Love to all.

Vanita,
    Thank you so much for your detailed post! Very informative for me. My brother and i are also 22 months apart and i was a bit of an upset baby waking 6 times a night for 2 years so that was my mums experience as well as all the things you mentioned. Mum isnt trying to scare me off she just wants me to be able to enjoy Hendrix and the next one as much as each other. So i think a three year gap would be good but we will see where these hormones take me. hehe.

Well im off to the dietician today to discuss my allergies and the introduction of food for Hendrix so that should be interesting.
    Will pop back later today

Vanita, you could always wrap Dion and put him in the trolley with the rest of the shopping - as I saw one lady here do! No jk. But jk, as it looked pretty funny.

My sister and I have 22 months between us also. We were always very close as kids. But then again there is only 7 years between the oldest and the youngest in my family. And there are 5 of us. In fact the gap between my youngest sister and I is the longest. Obviously mum was a strong believer in getting us all out quickly.

And even though some days are sooo tiring and I can't imagine how I could possibly cope with another baby or pregnancy..I know that I would and why not now? Surely things aren't going to get much easier until the baby moves out of home in say...20 years time (with any luck).

By the way I'm 34 - so sign me up in the over the hill club too.

One last thing - I did a puppet show for Al today and although he jumped off the carpet when he first saw the puppets appear from above the couch, he was right into it. I always get a giggle when I make a barking noise too..ever since the MIL was here with the dog.

hi bubbas and mummas

i can't believe oscar is 5 months today. buggar one month until solids! i hate solids.... their poohs and having to carry around extra 'stuff'.
    blah.

i am a little overwhelmed at the moment so am laying low. hope all's well with everyone

love beckles

Hi girls,

Kate, don't get too excited about my ticker, 'cause i got in trouble for it and had to take it off. 8-[ . Not really in trouble, but just told that tickers other than baby ones aren;t allowed. Fair enough. I must admit to never having read the "fine print" on the rules of the tickers!!! #-o

Heather, I use J&J bum wipes. I've used the pink, blue and white coloured packets. I like them because they are just the right moistness, but have to admit that in the bigger packets, the tissues don't rip well between each sheet and you can easily pull out 3 or 4 at a go. This wasn't a problem when Pup just lay there are let me get on with it. But now he is starting to wiggle and pull his penis (getting either poo or cream all over his heands!) it is more of an issue. I actually pull them out before I start. I was actaully thinking of giving the huggies ones a go when i have finished with the J&J ones I have. I bought a box of 6 big packets of J&J in Target for $17 ages ago and I'm still going on them. I tried the Target brand one (got them in baby shower gift. I don;t like them cause they're not wet enough. Good for wiping off the initial poo though.

I have to raise my had as an old cow too. I'm probably the worst. Because whilst I'm not the oldest mum here, I am probably the oldest first time mum. I was 35.5 when Pup was born. I will be 36 in Feb, so I will be going on 37 when #2 is born if all things go to plan and I get pg soon. i would dearly have loved to have 4 kids, but can't see it happening. I will go for 3, but will settle for 2 if I can.

Beckles, it is amazing how fast time is going hey! Pup will be 5 months next week and it sort of makes me sad.

I took the lad to get weighed today. He is 6.54kg, 63cm long and has a head circum of 43cm. The MCHN said that she can enter his figures next month and also give me a printout of his percentiles. Thought that was cool for his baby book!

Going to my mum group tomorrow. We have been meeting once a month since we stopped the "formal" classes. We are doing a secret santa type thing. Well sort of. We are all buying a $10 present and we will just swap them. So the presents have to be unisex. This will be Pup's first Xmas pressie!!

Ohh gotta go. DH has just walked in for tea.

Hayseed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast