Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born July 2006 #2

Hiya everyone!!

Kel - Sounds like you had fun shopping. I can't be bothered going shopping so I guess that's a good thing - save our money for something we want later on. Enjoy getting your hair done!!

Em - that Fess stuff Kel was talking about is great. Danielle had a crappy nose when she came home from hospital and I used it and it's wonderful. They might scream a bit but once it's done they love you for it. Danielle has a gunky nose again now and a bit of a cough but it's not really bad. Hopefully it's just the snot tickling her throat. I bought a thermometer for $20 which has a digital reading and it taken in 10 seconds as I'm not sure how to check for a temp. You just stick it under their arm and hold their arm down. I've also bought some Children's Panadol incase I need it in the middle of the night. I don't know if babies can't choke - I haven't heard that one. Normal day - I don't think I've had one of them in my whole life! I don't think sleeps a real issue for me - I just think I need a break at times. We get 6-7 hours straight sleep a night. I'm sure you'll be fine when DH goes back to work. Ken went back to work as soon as I came home (we have our own business - no work = no money!) - just some days you go mental!!

Fee - Danielle does that some days - she wants 3 hour feeds the next day 2 hour feeds - you can't win! I love it when the do 'The Mouth' movements. I think it looks so cute!

I'm doing heaps better now. I got my first real smile from Danielle when she saw me on Saturday. I put her in my bed and went and did something and came back to get her from DH and when she saw me she gave me the biggest smile I've seen on her. I was so happy! I felt myself again - dancing and singing about the house while I was cleaning and she was just watching me and falling asleep. We went walking down to see Ken who was at a friends place working and just loved the day. My MIL came over in the afternoon and while she had Danielle, Danielle started to cry and grizzle. As soon as I got her she calmed down. It made me feel so happy and that she wants me as I was feeling like a bad mother the past few days. Yesterday went well with everyone and Danielle was great for me the whole day again - especially in the morning when I was singing and dancing and cleaning again. She got grizzly when she needed a feed but after that she was great again. We both slept like a log last night (I did after drinking 3/4 of a bottle of wine - I've given up BFing - nothing coming out!!). She slept from 8pm to 5.20am!! I went to bed at 8.30 and startled awake at 4.40am because I hadn't heard her yet but she was still sleeping! I feel great today so after her next feed we are off to the gym!

I better run - she'll be awake soon and I'm not quite ready yet. Thanks for your support girls. Have a great day!

Fraser Guest

well I can't believe it - I am going ok without DH here - actually I think I'm going better than when he was here.... I seem to trust myself more when I'm on my own - instead of asking - 'Do you think I should....' 'Is he ok....' 'What about if I....'

Charlie must have got a clue what was going on though - last night he woke at half hour intervals from 2am onwards - was out of my mind by 6am - couldn't get DH to help because he had to go to work. but he's been fine today so far slept from 8am until 11am and now is asleep again, fingers crossed he will stay that way until at least 2.

DH went out in his lunch hour and got me some of that Fess stuff - thank you ladies - I'll give it a crack tonight. I can't help myself but pick Charlie's nose for him.... this morning I got a HUGE dried booger out - I just caught the edge of what I thought was a little one and out came this big block of dried snot - eeeuuuiiiiii - but he did breathe better after that

I've got some new Charlie pics on my website - he sure has stacked the weight on!

Bubs - that's great about the smiles! I'll bet Danielle just loves thr ground you walk on!

Kelly - It's kind of sad when you realise you've spent heaps of money on the wee ones and nothing on yourself! But I'm sure they'll look beautiful in you photos - PP has such lovely girls clothes. I'm so excited about summer this year - seeing as I've lost 15 kilos I am really looking forward to buying some new clothes - I wonder how difficult it will be to shop with Charlie! I hope I haven't lost my killer bargain instinct.

I'm off to revel in the fact I'm on my own! well Charlie's here but he's asleep - I can't remember the last time I had time to myself.... oh yeah it was about 5 to 6 weeks ago!

Hope everyone is having a great day - beautiful sunny day here in Hobart - come on spring!

Em

Shellbabe Guest

I can't believe it is Monday again!
    I love weekends so much - having Grant around, and not having to worry so much about washing etc like we used to, because I have done it during the week (or if I haven't, can do it on Monday!).
    This weekend we had our first big outing - we went to the Swans game. I took EBM, as I wasn't comfortable feeding in public as there is no parents room (just a change table in the disabled toilets), it all went very well. Charlotte slept a lot of the game in her Baby Bjorn, and Grant loved his constant cuddle all night!

Charlotte seems to be going through a change in routine - I think!!! the last couple of days she has switched to 3/3.5hr feeds instead of 4 - but will do this twice, and then have a big sleep. She has also had a couple of stretches of only napping between feeds - she will still be down for 2 hrs, but not really be sleeping.
    She hasn't slept through the night in a while - but it isn't too bad - she does seem to stick to 4hrs at night.

Last but not least - she finally has a middle name!!! Charlotte Emily Rose is now her full name Took us a while to decide! But we love it....

Fee - sounds like Cooper and Charlotte are so similar in their routines! Changing them on us too!!
    Any luck on the no shield yet? I can manage 3 feeds a day now, then do the night feeds with the shield as it is easier when I am sleepy. Also my feeding chair upstairs doesn't really have room for the football hold, which I need to do without the shield.

Cassie - I think you should definitely try and see a LC - it has worked wonders for me - even if they only tell you one or two things to change it can make a massive difference.

Fraser - I knew it would be easy once your DH was at work! I now tell my DH what to do on weekends, it is amazing how quick you pick up on things when you are by yourself!
    Hope Charlie is better soon too.

kmh - I am eyeing off soooo much PP stuff - can't wait for it to go on sale - or for me to convince some Grandparents that Charlotte needs more clothes!!

bubseykel - lucky you on the big sleep and a big smile!! I can't wait to get them all the time

Faser - sorry to take so long to get back - didnt give zac panadole. he cought got worse on saturday so i took him to the DRs who said i had to take hime to hospital emergancy. turnes out he developed broncolitis. was in hospital saturday night and sunday night. lucky he wasnt to bad. his was only on 1L of oxygen and they weaned him of that over 1 day. so i got to bring him home today. he still has a stuffy nose and have to put saline drops up his nose before every feed. poor little man.
    will update later almost time for another feed

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Chantal - hope Zachary is feeling better and you too

Fee Guest

Yesterday Cooper was 6 weeks old and he had his 6 week check up with the paediatrician. He has put on 590 grams! He is steadily going up. At 2 weeks he had put on 390 grams, then at 4 weeks it was 490 grams. The only strange thing was that he seems to have shrunk! But the paediatrician says it can be hard to measure the length and that the last measurement by the clinic could be wrong. So we're not sure how much he has grown in length this time around.

Stats are:

BIRTH: Head circ - 35.2 cm / Length - 51.5 cm / Weight - 3630 g

2 WKS: Head circ - 36.7 cm / Length - 54.5 cm / Weight - 4020 g

4 WKS: Head circ 37.5 cm / Length 57 cm / Weight 4510 g

6 WKS: Head circ 38.5 cm / Length 56.1 cm / Weight 5100 g

I was meant to have my 6 week check up yesterday with my OB but unfortunately he was in a car accident. I am now booked in to see him on Thursday.

DH is off work this week. I love having him around. Means I get out of the house more!

Baiza I've added you to my MSN Messenger. Is this what you mean for chatting? Or have you set up some sort of chatroom? I love your ticker photo! What gorgeous kids!

Fraser How's Charlie? We've got that Fess stuff too but haven't tried it yet. DH often gets big boogers out of Cooper's nose. It's surprising how bloody huge they are!

kmh Hope you enjoyed getting your hair cut! Did you get anything fancy done?

Bubseykel Yay for Danielle giving you big smiles! Isn't it just the best? Puts you in a great mood.

Shellbabe I'm still using the shield. I've tried and tried without at the start of a feed when he's really hungry or halfway through a feed when the nipple is drawn out. No luck. I give up I think. He's happy with the shield and therefore so am I. It's just a pain to use that's all.

chantal25 Poor Zac. I hope he is doing much better now.

Fee - I'm saying the same about Danielle only growing 2cm in 6 weeks. They said they probably measured her wrong at birth as the paed and the clinic nurse had the same length. Looks like he's doing really well.

Chantal - I hope Zac is doing better now. Poor little thing. I hope you are holding up OK.

Shell - Charlotte's name is lovely!! Yay for going to the Swan's game. I was the same about BFing in public. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Em - how did you go for the rest of the day? I hope you had a sleep when Charlie was asleep. How did the Fess go? I pick Danielle's boogers if they are just hanging on the edge of her nose. Ken tells me off all the time.

We are going well here. I spent 1 1/2 hours at the gym yesterday and loved it! And Danielle was so good in the creche. It was Ken's actual birthday yesterday so we had dinner with his sister and bro in law. I made Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Pesto with a garden salad and italian bread. It was so yummy. Pitty Danielle was a bit of a cow last night whilst we are having dinner. I've just turned about to see her sucking madly on her hand so I better go. Have a great day.

Hi Girls!

Em- soooooooooo glad to hear that your doing well without Simon.... I actually found that I really got my confidence once Rob had gone back to work...plus it enabled me to get some sort of routine....and for the first time I felt like a real Mum...it was just me and Jensen and I really enjoy our us time! But not when hes squaaaaaaaking at 3AM and wont settle....last night was a shocker....like you I dont wake Rob up b/c he has to work...but last night he was awake from 1.30am to 4am!!!:eek: So feeling like I have a massive hang over...only wish Id actually gotten ****ed last night! And the photos of Charlie are so gorgeous...and you look great!!!

Kel- I so admire you and your trips to the gym! How many times a week do you go?? I want to...just cant seem to get motivated, Im walking everyday...but I know I will need to do some weights to get a better body image for summer...Id like to drop 10kg...only thing is being home all the time...I tend to snack on all the bad, yummy foods...hmmm...and cant seem to kick my chocolate habit!

Cassie- how are you going???

Fee- Wow...Cooper is doing really well...Jensen only puts on about 130- 160g a week...hmmm hope this improves...makes me feel bad that its not more
    Enjoy your time with DH...

Baiza- What a beautiful ticker photo!!! And great idea about the msn messenger- Ill email you today...thanks!

khm- I sooo need a hair cut too...but I want to get heaps chopped off and get some funky foils too...only thing is it normally takes about 2.5 hours and I dont want to bf infront of my super sexy hair dressser...he looks just like Hugh Jackman!!!

Shel- Well done on going to the footy! Id love to take Jensen to a Saints game but Im scared me would start crying upset other people!

OK...now I need help....Ive been racking my brain as to what to buy Rob for his first Fathers Day!!!! Id like it to special...what are you guys doing for your DH's???
    Also - has anyone heard from Dee????
    Have a great day!
    Love Cyn
    Last edited by Boisey; August 29th, 2006 at 10:59 AM.

Hiya Cyn - Jensen looks gorgeous!! I've only decided this week to get really suck into it. I'm planning to go at least 3 times a week and on the days I don't go I'm going to go for an hour walk. I do 30 mins on the cross trainer, 30 mins on the treadie on a slight slope and about 30 mins of light weights and sit ups and things. Today I did my hour walk. I'm planning on loosing 15 kilos. I've got about 5 until pre-pregnancy weight but I want to get down to what I was when I got married which is almost 2 years ago. I'm having trouble giving up my yummy dinners that I make which aren't too healthy. Don't rush yourself. Remember I've had my checkups and given the all clear to do it. I just feel like a big porka and none of my clothes fit me except the one I used to have safety pins in to hold them up!! And my maternity clothes - yay - not!! I honestly think that's why I felt so down last week. This week after doing some exercise I feel a whole heap better!!

Father's day - I'm not doing a whole heap as I just spent a fortune on Ken's birthday. I've got a CD which was imported in which too over 2 months and a extentable tree chopper thing. I'm going to get a 'Daddy' card and also a little drinks cooler so he can have cold cans of coke and water in the car when he's working. So a present from me, Danielle and Nunzio (furbaby).

We've decided to get a new car - a Suzuki Vitara!! My hatch just doesn't cut it anymore. I love it to death but it's just not practical anymore. Such a hassel to get everything in and out and I can't even have hatch cover with my big speakers in it as the prams doesn't fit otherwise. Going tomorrow night for a test drive and maybe sign up for it.

Danielle has her 2 month needle tomorrow. I hope she's going to be OK and not drive me insane!!

hey guys ive copied and pasted this from august thread, i have only one free hand so im not retyping it again, im too lazt too lol

hey guys sorry no updates since announcing the Xavier has arrived, sp have been keeping very queit and a low profile. Things havent been to great here, i have PND and it offically sucks. Xavier is going really wel thou, in the last 15 days (since last ECHN visit) he has put on 620grams, before that he put on 380 grams in 7 days, he loves his milk, i have a damn good supply so im happy, he sleeps well goes down at 10pm at night and goes down for 5.5 hours til 3.30am for another feed and back up at 7am, he is a very placid quiet baby rarely screams or crys, we got our 1st smilies last sat which was good. big sis is doing well and loves kissing him, daddy is loving it too

hey girls thankyou it took ages to get a photo like that iv set up a chat room i just need your email address so i can send you the link to the chatroom
    so if you can please do the following if you would like to join
    send me
    your email address and wat time you can or would like to chat
    and ill send you the link to the chatroom
    my email address is [email protected]
    in this chatroom it will only be us chatting so youll know everyone in there you can also put your photos in there to show everyone

Hi all

Haven't been on for a couple of days as have been quite busy. Had the afternoon and dinner at the in laws on Saturday, they just love Dylan and stare at him the whole time we are there and we get a meal out of it, it's just great! Then on Sunday we drove down to Rosebud (Mornington Peninsula) to have lunch with my mum and nan for her 88th birthday and it was the first time she got to meet Dylan, which was nice. Monday had Mothers group and we talked about home safety so many things can go wrong in your home with a child around. Monday night we had visitors my friend, her hubby and their 3yr old and 10 mth old girls, they are very cute. It was the first time they were meeting Dylan and my friend announced after having a cuddle that she would like a third baby. So have been a busy beaver. Really want to go to baby bunting today but have to get out of jammies first. Have a list of things I want to get and want to have a browse without DH. Dylan is being a real mummys boy this morning tried to leave him with DH who is still in bed but he watched me leave the room and promptly screamed until I came back and picked him up. He is now on my lap and I am one handed typing. He is sleeping well at night usually from about 11ish til about 3ish and then 4ish til 7.30-8, but we had a couple of nights where he slept for 5 hours in two blocks and I had to check he was still breathing cos I couldn't hear a peep not even his little snores.

Boisey I am good how are you going? Do you ever go to Southland we should meet up one day for a coffee and a browse and their is someone who lives in Pakenham who goes to Sthland we should all meet up? Just an idea.

Kel Yay for the new car yeah our hyundai excel not really cutting it would love us to get something new too.

Fee Cooper is really thriving yay, Dylans stats are similar. I am like you too I try without the shield and he latches on but keeps coming off and then gets too frustrated so I end up putting it back on, so we are going to keep using it too.

Shellbabe Still thinking about the LC.

Chantal Hope Zac is ok.

Anyway bye all off to do the weekly shopping online! How lazy!!!

Fraser Guest

Hi ladies,

aarrggghh Fathers day - I hadn't thought of that! I think I might just give SImon a Charlie foot print on paper for him to take to work and put on his wall or something!

Charlie has been very unsettled past 24 hours - 6 week growth spurt perhaps, went to the clinic today for check up and ohmigod the boy weighs over 12 pounds!!! he's 58cm long with a head circ of 40cm. the clinic nurse assumed he was born big, but now the little tacker has put on 4 pounds in 6 weeks!

Chantal - that sounds really scary - I hope everything is ok now, poor Zac and poor you!

Cyn - I know that faux hangover feeling well - however apparently it's not an excuse to eat a breast fillet dinner box meal upsized from KFC - who knew!

Bubs - cool news about the car - we have a subaru forrester and it barely fits everything in it and before we had Charlie I thought it was a really big car - honestly I think you need a mack truck once you have a baby! How did Danielle's vacs go?

Shell - well done on the footy - did the cheering and shouting rouse her at all?

Fee - I used the Fess stuff for the first time this morning - Charlie hated it, but it worked. It's no as scary as I thought it would be to squirt stuff into his nose

Baiza - I've flicked you an e-mail about the chat room - let me know if you don't get it

Hey Yummy! good to hear from you! sounds like you have everything in hand!

Cassie - what law says you can't go shopping in your jammies? If Michael Jackson can go to court in his then I think a trip to baby bunting isn't out of the question!

well I've got to go and clean my shoes - the clinic nurse handed a naked Charlie to me, who promptly pooed and it landed on my shoes........ eeeuuiiii

still haven't seen anything from Tanya or Dee - hope they're ok!

Speak soon - Em

Just came back in to this forum after a busy 2 weeks. It is great to read through all your comments as it makes me feel normal!

Oskar is now 7 weeks. At his 6 week checkup he was 5.7 kg, 60 cm long and 40 cm head - so a big boy.

I had my obs. check up too, I have gained 5 kg since my first appointment, not too much really but it must all be on my thighs as none of my pants fit. I talked about contraception with my obs. and am thinking og getting the Implanon. She inserts a couple a week and noones had any problems (and you can always get it out if you do). A few people said they have up on weight, but I know a lot of people who put on weight without the implanon to - lol!!

I have been to my new parents group twice (not a mothers' group as a dad attended once!). It is really large, twenty people, everyone seems nice... except I am sure they lie as noone ever mentions they have any problems. The first meeting we were asked if anyone had trouble getting their baby to sleep in the middle of the night. I had that week and was the only one who put my hand up. I cannot believe everyone elses babys sleep perfectly every night. It was funny as afterwards the nurse (?) taking it said "By the way, all mothers lie about their babies" and they all laughed!

Oskar is usually sleeping from 11pm until 5.30 am, which is great for my sleep, but not my breasts! However, we still have some crazy times and days. Currently it is near impossible to get him to sleep for his 7ish to 10ish sleep and he only lets Jeremy settle him then and not me (good in a way, as I can relax).

Enough of me... hope you all get some good rest tonight.

hey all
    well we have been going well, Charlotte is still sleeping with me every now and then but if i can get her to sleep in her bed its great, i just have trouble trying to pat her to sleep at 4am in the morning. she loves her swing so she sleeps in there during the day, a couple of times i have had trouble at night where she just wants to use my boob as a dummy. The photos went well, we pick them up in 2 weeks, we had a couple of family ones a suple of Madison and Charlotte and a couple of the girls by them selfs, i carn't wait to see them, they are going to cost $410 but i got them all with Madison so i have to get them all with Charlotte.

Bubs- glad to see you are feeling better, wow at Danielle sleeping so long, i wish.

Becca- that is funny that you are the only one to put your hand up about their children sleeping, its olny that when you get to know the other parents they let you know, in my mothers group some of them still have trouble (they are all about 20-22months old) sleeping through the night.

Cyn- my hair dresser is a friend from my mothers group she does it from home, so i take Madison and she plays with her daughter, and i can feed Charlotte when she needs it, it makes it so much easier.

Em- i got Tim simspon dvd as we are colecting them all, and i might buy him a new top if he is good!

Well i am so happy with myself, i have lost 16kg's without really doing anything, thougth i have stopped drinking soft drink and i eat a bit better too.expect for the last 2 days.i would still like to lose another 20kg's.
    I hope everyone has a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser

Hey Yummy! good to hear from you! sounds like you have everything in hand!

yeah thanks heaps, im just glad im getting sleep............i dread no sleep!

hugs to you all

Sorry girls I've not no time for personals today. Just a quick update on us. Danielle slept from 8pm to 6am the night before last. I was very very happy. But on the down side she has a cold and has a nasty cough. We went to the doc for her vacs and he said it was fine for her to do it and the cough and nose were pretty much nothing. Well over night she's turned. Her cough has turned into 10 constant coughs in a row and we can't lay her down otherwise she has a coughing fit. I'm going back to the docs today to see another doctor (this is the same doctor that told me my flared up stitches are nothing - I'm seeing a female doctor at another surgery tomorrow - can't get Danielle in there) and hopefully he can tell me what I can do to help her. I feel so helpless when she coughs. She looks horrible and turns bright red. I hope it's not Whooping Cough.

On a brighter note - we bought our new car!! But we probably won't get it until the end of September. They think there are none in stock and we'll have to wait until the next shipment. We got a whole heap of stuff on the car for free too like dash mat, fog lamps, side steps - it's going to look hot!!

I better go - Danielle needs to be attached to me for a few days. Looks like no Mother's Group for us this week. Take care everyone.

Fee Guest

Mark, Cooper and I went for our first trip into the city yesterday. We went to visit my work which was fun. Everyone wanted a hold and oohed and aahed over Cooper and said what a gorgeous boy he was! One lady said we should get him into baby commercials!!!

Cooper is always so good when we go out he just sleeps a lot. It's at home during the day which is the problem at the moment. I wonder if going out a lot really stuffs up their routine? I feel bad when we have busy/social days as Cooper hardly gets any play time or tummy time. It's feed time and then back into the car or back into the pram.

So far today he is doing great though. I fed him around 8.00 am and he is still asleep in his cot yay!!!

I tried Cooper without the nipple shield again yesterday afternoon. He was doing pretty well and I could hear him gulping the milk and I could hear it hitting his empty tummy! But then after about 5-10 minutes my nipple started hurting. I guess he wasn't attached correctly? Although it felt fine to begin with. I just think that he doesn't get enough of my areola into his mouth he opens his mouth wide but then it ends up sliding down around just the nipple only. I ended up putting the shield back on and all was good again. Oh well, I tried.

Bubseykel Wow 1.5 hours at the gym. Very impressive!!! How often do you plan on going?

What colour is your new car?

Boisey What does the clinic say about Jensen's weight gain? If they think he's fine then don't worry. You said 160 grams a week well that's what my clinic says is the minimum to gain each week. So he's okay.

About Father's Day I ordered a photo mug for DH. It has Cooper's smiling face on it! I ordered it from Fuji Online and it arrived it the mail in about 3 days. I was very impressed.

~yummymummy~ - Sorry to hear about your PND. What do you do about it? I hope everything is okay. It sounds like Xavier's doing great.

baiza I've had a look at the chat room. Just setting up some photos of Cooper at the moment!

Cassie Sounds like you've been really busy. Makes the days fly by doesn't it?! That's so nice about your Nan's 88th birthday and her getting to meet Dylan for the first time.

Fraser Wow Charlie is a big boy! That's great to hear he's doing so well.

Becca Another big boy!!! And how funny about your Mother's Group and the mums all lying!!! LOL

kmh Good job with losing 16 kgs so easily. All the best with the other weight you want to lose!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast