Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies born July 2006 #2

For the first time last night Charlotte slept in her own bed ALL night. and only got up once, i feed her at 9pm then at 1:30am and then at 7am, i hope this contuines. And then she put her self to sleep this morning. YAY.

Bubs- i hope Danielle gets better soon, some doctors should not be doctors.I had that sort of problem when i was pregnant, i went to one doc and i wasn't feeling well, he said i would be fine, so i went to my normal doc when i could get in and i ened up having an UTI.

Fee- Charlotte does the same thing, when she is at home she sleeps fine, but when we are out she plays up, i think they get sick of being in the pram.

i hope everyone is having a great day, it is a beautiful day in melb the sun is out and its warm, bring on the warmer weather.

Just thought i would update you all we just got back from the health centre for Charlotte's six week check up.
    Birth: weight was 3.295kg's(7,4) 6 weeks- 3.980kg's (8.12)
    height was 48cms 6 weeks- 52cms
    head cm was 34.5 6 weeks- 37cms
    So we are still little but we are growing, she still fits into all her 0000 stuff, expect the bonds jumpsuits she is 000.

What size bonds jumpsuits are you all using?
    Last edited by kmh; August 31st, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee

~yummymummy~ - Sorry to hear about your PND. What do you do about it? I hope everything is okay. It sounds like Xavier's doing great.

im taking vitamin b tablets as depression is apprantrly caused by low zinc and vitamin b, you learn a new thing everyday!!!!
    Last edited by Kerensa; September 1st, 2006 at 03:58 PM.

kmh bailee is in size 000 now he has out grow 0000 they row fast i hope he dose grow to much as i brought him 00 cloths for xmas

well its been very quite in here.
    we have not been up to much, Charlotte is starting to go longer between feeds. from every 2 hours to about 3, but at the moment she is asleep and its nearly 4 yay. We also had a good night the other night she went 6 hours my boobs really were sore then.

biazar- Charlotte is still in 0000, i have been going through Madison's clothes and they are all still too big.

I hope everyone is haveing a good weekend, we are off to a 40th tonight and then to my dad's tomorrow for fathers Day.

Fee Guest

Cooper has been pretty good yesterday and today. He is sleeping in his cot during the day just fine. He actually seems really really sleepy lately. I just fed him and usually I would give him play time after, but today he fell asleep on my lap!

He's feeding quite a lot though – always hungry. He used to go 4 hours between feeds during the day and sometimes I'd even have to wake him. But now he goes 3 hours. And in the early morning it can be even more often!

Nights are still good. He settles perfectly on his own and last night he went 7 hours between his last night time feed and the next. But then just 4 hours to the next feed. His last feed of the night is usually around 5.30 - 6.30 pm... Wish it were later because then if he goes 7-8 hours it would be fantastic! Maybe I could try giving him a "roll-over" feed around 10.00 pm or something? I normally just go to bed at 8.30 pm. So I get an okay sleep.

I had my 6 week check up on Thursday. All is well but unfortunately my OB says things are a little tight downstairs due to my tears. It's not that he's stitched me up too much, it's that where I tore, I tore sideways either side, and the way it has healed is a bit tight. He said to try DTD only when really in the mood and to try it a few times and if there is pain after trying for a while then I need to see him and I may need it fixed up down there. Oh dear I don't like the sound of that!

kmh – I use the Target brand suits – they are just like the Bonds Wondersuits. Cooper wears 000.

kmh - Congrats on the weight loss. You must be feeling great, especially since you didn't have to do much to lose it.

Bubseykel - I hope Danielle's cough improves. You will love having a new car. We got a Citroen C4 a couple of days before Oskar was born as our old Celica just didn't fit a capsule very well in the back. It's the economic diesel model and we only have to fill the tank after 700 km of city driving (1300 km otherwise!).

Fee - Cooper does look gorgeous in the pictures, I'm sure he got loads of compliments when you went shopping. I went to the mall on Friday, I caught the train there and was surprised how easy it was. Oskar fell asleep in the stroller when he got tired and I was able to feed him in the parents' room when he got hungry. Ran into two mothers/babies from my new parents group while I was there and managed to by fathers' day presents (just in time!) for my dad and for Jeremy. I know how you feel about wanting to wake Cooper for a 10 pm feed - sometimes Oskar sleeps from 7 pm until 1 am and I always wish he slept 7 until 10 pm THEN for 6 or so hours! I haven't tried waking him for a feed though.

My new parents' group was better this week. Quite a few people admitted their babies do cry this time - lol. AND I saw lots of circles under peoples' eyes, so I felt quite normal! Someone had made very nice chocolate chip cookies too, how did they get the time?! I bought ingredients for chocolate/orange cupcakes two weeks ago and haven't made them yet.

Has anyone had their 8 week immunisations yet? Just wondering if your babies had any mild fevers or anything. Oskar is having his on Tuesday.

Wish you all a great weekend. My parents are coming over from NZ for a week on Sunday so I get to spend Fathers' Day with my dad

Zac just had his 6 week check he now weights 4.8kgs (has put on 2kgs!) length 54cms and head cercumfrance 40cms. looks like he has had another growth spert. didnt want to be left alone at all on thursday. DH slept on the floor last night as zac and i had the bed. Zac slept for 6 blissful hours last night. hopefuly he will sleep in his bassanett tonight.
    question for anyone - what have you done when you liitle one hits a growth spert and wants you all the time?

Fee Guest

I am going to my very first Mothers' Group tomorrow. In fact I'm holding it at my house. It's with a bunch of girls from another forum I chat on. It should be fun. I'm going to bake my yummy Mars Bar Mud Cake slice. Hopefully I'll get time later tonight – if not, DH can help out.

Today we're off to DH's parents' house for Father's Day lunch. My parents are coming along too. It should be a good day.

Becca – Yeah I don't know if I could wake Cooper up for a 10.00 pm feed. I mean I have woken him during the day if he's gone longer than 4 hours between feeds, but I would feel bad waking him at night! But it's no guarantee they'll then skip that 1.00 am feed anyway. They may still wake up then! I have been reading about this in the book "Baby Love". Maybe I should just start going to bed even earlier!!! Maybe 7.30 pm?!

I've booked Cooper in for his 8 week needles – 11 September. DH is going to come with me. My SIL suggested this as it can be quite traumatic!

chantal25 – I haven't been too sure about growth spurts. That is, I'm unsure of when Cooper has actually had them! He has moments when he wants to feed every 2 hours. At the moment it's most days … but just certain times of the day. Usually very early morning and then again around 5.30 pm. I think this is his witching hour. Otherwise it's 3-4 hours. And at night it's always longer. If he seems to want to feed, then I just feed him. He's not grumpy otherwise.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh
    Fee- Charlotte does the same thing, when she is at home she sleeps fine, but when we are out she plays up, i think they get sick of being in the pram.
    No - Cooper is the opposite. You must have misread my post!

Cooper is great in the pram and Baby Bjorn when we go out. It's at home during the day that he gets grizzly and won't sleep in his cot.

That said, the last 2 days he's been fabulous and has slept in his cot during the day with no fuss. It's just like "old times"! Yay! Touch wood he continues this way.

\well we have had a really restless weekend, we went to a 40th and Charlotte did not want to sleep and then went to my dad's yesterday and she only slept for about 30mins otherwise she wanted to feed all the time, she was also really hard to get to sleep last night, so she ended up with me. but now she was been sleeping for nearly 2 hrs, my poor little girl. I think she is going through her growth spurt.

Fee- good luck with DTD, i hope it all works out well, i have my check-up tomorrow.

Becca- i hope you enjoyed fathers day with your dad, is this the first time they are meeting Oskar?

I hope everyone enjoyed your weekend, i thought i might send dee a text message to see how she is going, will let you all know how i go.

Hi everyone!! Sorry I haven’t been around lately.

Fee – I’m planning to go at least 3 times a week and on the other days, go for an hour walk. The colour of my new car is called Shining Red Pearl. It’s like a maroon colour. Danielle had the same problem with sliding off the nipple too. Keep using your shields if it helps. Sounds like 3 hourly feeds are the go. Danielle goes only 3 hours during the day – sometimes 4 is she’s been out in the car. I can’t get Danielle to sleep in her cradle during the day. You are so lucky. Not too good about the ‘Downstairs’ bit. But I’m glad that you got checked out better than I did. I’ve also tried the late night feed but she still woke up at her normal time of 6-7am but she doesn’t go to bed until 7.30-8.30pm as she just won’t go down any earlier. You can always give it a try.

Kel – Danielle is in Bonds clothes 00’s but they are starting to get on the tight side so I might have to see about getting some 0’s for her but she has so many other clothes I’m tending not to buy anything just yet. Some of her 00 clothes are starting to fit now. She’s growing too quickly!! Charlotte’s doing great!! She’s grown so that’s all that matters. Yay for longer between feeds!!

Becca – Danielle’s had her 8 week needles and she only had a mild fever with them. Her temp went up to 36.5. Make sure you’ve got some Children’s Panadol in the house just in case. After her needles Mum had her for a few hours and she gave her one dose as she was so grizzly but after that she was fine. We start out Parent’s Group on Thursday. I hope it good.

Here has been a bit of a strange one. I’ve been to the another doctor (female this time – she’s great!!) on Friday about my stitches. She thinks that it might be something else. I’m not going to say what just yet incase it’s nothing. It’s probably just the stitches flaring up again which I will need antibiotics again. She’s also testing to see what’s going on with my discharge too. Danielle’s cough is getting better. She’s not 100% yet but now DH has come down with it and has been in bed for almost 2 days straight and now I’m coming down with it. I hope it doesn’t get as bad as his.

I’ve got Danielle smiling!! When she’s in a good mood I take of her sock and tickle her face with it. She did it for me in the photo down below and again on Sunday when we were out with DH’s family. She did it infront of everyone! It made me so happy!!

Have fun everyone!!

hi all
    i messaged Dee to see how she was going, she is not doing so good this is the text i got back.
    "Major bleed after birth, i was passing clots the size of my hand, they did a D &C wgen I lost 4 litres of blood, they very nearly had to preform a hysterectomy but thankfully they tried putting a balloon into my uterus to try and stop the bleeding. 24 hours later i was told it worked and the bleeding had stopped. I'm recovering very slowly plus i have 4th degree tear from the birth. I'm anaemic due to my blood loss so am extremely tired. I have been told it will take 3-4 months to be back where I was in late pregnancy. Please let everyone know I'm thinking of you all and your babies. I hope to be on BB as soon as I have more energyeven lottle things take it out of me. The boys are well. Adrian is a big boy at 3 weeks he was 5kg and 58.5cms long.

Also i worked out how to put photos on the tickers, Madison loves Charlotte
    Last edited by kmh; September 4th, 2006 at 08:17 PM.

KMH - I am having the same thing with Zac. he wants to feed all the time and not sleep.
    he will not take a bottle but only BF i feel sore and empty. wont even take EBM from a bottle.
    have my first mothers group tomorrow. I can wait. Also picking up Zacs hand and feet castings tomorrow. got the picture picked out it will look so cute. - I can hear him starting to stir again so i will talk soon

if anyone want to join babies born in july06 at msn groups for live chat to one another i have a couple of girls already joined just email me your email address and i send you the link
    emily iv sent you the link to your email address you gave me just wondering if you got it

talk to ya all soon

baizar- my email address is: [email protected]

Hi Girls ...I really need some help please!!!

I am having sooo much trouble getting Jensen to sleep at night...and now I feel so confused on what to do...so Id love to hear how your getting your bubs to sleep or any advice would be greatly appreciated...Im feeling very down and out!

At the moment we dont have a routine, during the day I feed him until he falls asleep on the breast and then pop him into his bed...but he only sleeps for about 1hour or so then screams and screams so I end up feeding him again and so the loop continues!
    At night its pretty much the same... Ill give him a bath, then feed till he falls asleep...but last night I tried to put him into his cot awake after his feed and he just screamed and screamed...so I went back in and gave him a cuddle and then leaving the room and waiting 10mins and kept doing this for almost 3 hours...and still he wouldnt settle at all!!!
    Should I be starting a routine?
    Or is he still too young (hes almost 6 weeks)
    Ahhgrrrrr Im soooo confused girls...it brings me to tears as I so want to do whats best for him....
    Thanks for taking the time...
    love Cyn

Shellbabe Guest

Hi All,

sounds like everyone is going through them same thing at the moment with bubs wanting to feed all the time.
    Charlotte has gone from her nice little 4hrly routine (plus a longer sleep at night), to wanting be fed every 2-3hrs.
    My nipples are absolutely killing me - as I haven't used my shield in about 5 days - so I tried putting it back on last night, and it made no difference. So looks like I am shield free! at least there is one good thing atm...

I am getting very frustrated with her though when she does feed - as she only sucks for a few minutes and then takes a nap! 10 minutes worth of sucking can take up to half an hour, which defeats the purpose of her being a better sucker now.
    She also acts as if she is still hungry, but when I offer her more, she squeals and crys and doesn't want it - 5 minutes later she will be asleep in my arms... but then not sleep in the cot when I put her down.
    Am really hoping this is just a 6 week thing and it dies down soon.

She has been asleep now for a while - and it is almost 4 hrs since her last feed - so am expecting her to wake any minute.

Baiza - my email address is [email protected]

oooh Charlotte is stirring - will have to do personals next time...

hope everyone gets some sleep!

Shell

mumof2beauties Guest

Hi there, I have been reading with interest all of your posts over the last few weeks and have decided to take the plunge and see if I can join you all. I had a little boy Ky on July 27 and I also have 2 beautiful daughters. I too am struggling with the breastfeeding/sleeping problems, having not BF my last 2.
    My little man falls asleep in my arms after a feed and as soon as he is put down his eyes open and he is then awake...so the cycle goes. I feel as if I as permenantly attached to the lounge feeding him, which is hard with 2 others to organise.
    I have thought about botllefeeding ( my other 2 seemed much more settled), but am scared that I will then regret my decision.
    Anyway, sorry for butting in.
    Hope you all get some sleep tonight

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast