It wasn't the best day on Saturday watching the AFL. I hardly saw any of it! We went to our friend's house. They live in a 2 storey townhouse. There were about 12 of us there. We got there at midday and Cooper was due for his feed so I used a spare bedroom upstairs. I also set up his pram bassinet etc for naps. After the feed I took him downstairs and he just sat on my lap (and a few other people's laps) for a while until I saw him getting tired.

I took him upstairs and put him in his bassinet. It was hard to get him to sleep! I have enough trouble most days at home let alone in a strange place. I ended up just patting his tummy and I could see his eyes closing. But then everyone downstairs made some huge commotion (pre-game stuff was on). Cooper woke up and started crying. I called on Mark to come and help. Mark told me to go down and have my lunch as everyone was already eating. Mark got him to sleep – yay!

We had taken along our Angelcare monitor so I turned that on. Cooper slept for a pretty good while. But as usual woke up before his feed was due. By this time the AFL had started and it was pretty noisy. But I played with Cooper a bit downstairs and he wasn't too bad. But he did get a few frights when someone yelled out really loudly.

Anyway after his next feed at 3.00 pm I struggled to get him to sleep. This is the nap he usually won't have. But I was jiggling the bassinet and he was drifting off. As soon as I got downstairs he woke. Damn! So I went back up and just stayed there jiggling the bassinet. He'd fall asleep and then wake and cry 5 minutes later but I kept jiggling and he'd fall asleep straight away. In the end he had a solid sleep for about 20 minutes I think. Even I fell asleep beside him. I could hear everyone downstairs going nuts as there was only 10 minutes or so left of the game. Then Cooper woke again and nothing would settle him. He kept crying and crying.

I was sooooooooo cranky! Just felt cranky that I was the one who had to feed Cooper and I was the one trying to settle him. I was missing out – I felt like I had spent nearly the whole afternoon upstairs in this bedroom while Mark was having fun, drinking, hanging out with our friends. I was just having a moment! I cried on the way home! I wasn't mad at Mark or anything. Just felt a bit crap. So yeah it wasn't the best day. It was just way too noisy for Cooper. Poor little thing.

Sorry for the long story.

Onto something better... Guess what Cooper did last night? I had a circular rattle (elephant) around his arm. He sort of grabbed onto it and brought it up to his mouth and started chewing on the elephant's trunk! I was so excited – what a clever boy!

kmh – I love the pic of Charlotte in the bath! She has such nice big eyes. Sorry to hear you are having trouble Bfing Charlotte ATM. How is she going now?

Fraser – Just had a look at your website. Charlie is such a chubba bubba! How cute. I like the "self settled" pic.

RoyaUK – What is the maternal helpline? I've never called any helpline … not even sure of the numbers?!

Baiza – That's nice that you got to meet your DH's son. Will you see him regularly now?