Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #4

Hi girls

Wow all my boys are asleep ie Dylan and DH. Well last night I had a couple of drinks and saw a band with my hubby while my mum looked after Dylan. When we left (bout 9pm) he was asleep and we both had this sneaking suspicion that mum would pick him up as soon as we left and cuddle him the whole time we were gone but apparantly he woke at 11.45 and she tried to resettle him but couldn't so fed him a bottle which he guzzled and then she tried to put him back to bed but he wouldn't have a bar of it so she kept him up and when we got home at 1.30 he was up and wide awake but I managed to get him back down about 2 and then he slept til 6 and then after a feed he and I slept til 9.45 so not too bad. DH and I spent most of the time out not talking about Dylan but we did spend a bit of time before the band started looking at all the photos we have both taken of him on our mobiles which was pretty funny. I also kept wanting people to know about Dylan but unless I wore a tshirt saying "I am a mummy and a yummy mummy at that!" people were none the wiser. I feel very proud to be a mum and I know that the life of getting drunk all the time and wearing slinky tight clothes is behind me now and I am happy that it is because I love being a mum and I would much rather spend the night at home watching a DVD knowing my baby boy is tucked up in bed than out. What a ramble!!!

Dylan has started spinning himself around on the floor and wriggling off his play mats and he has definitely found his voice this week and it is loud!!!!! He is also grasping things if you offer them to him and I bought him some plastic rings and he loves grasping those the most.

My Dfriend who is having a baby in March gave me a good tip today which I thought I would share with you all, if your baby is grasping something and you want them to let it go i.e. your hair, earring, glasses, etc just put something in their other hand and they will let go. Apparantly they don't know how to let go by themselves at this stage and this creates a distraction.

KMH I did that with Dylan while he was in the sling and he cried and then I cried I was trying to do housework with him in the sling but took him out as soon as I hit his head. Don't feel bad I am sure she will be fine. Is the hand and feet sculpting expensive?

Baiza Yay for you I wish I could lose weight I have been wallking this week four times and not eating too many bad things but the weight is not falling off as I had hoped.

Bubsey Yay for you too I am so far off my pre-pregnancy jeans it is not funny I need to do some work.

Fee Gee Cooper is a big boy. I am going to go to our clinic this Tuesday and get Dylan done as I am too curious to see how big he is.

To those who were talking about their weight just recently here is my story when I met DH I weighed about 50kg and was wearing an 8-10 which for my height is a bit underweight (5ft6). Then when we started going out I put on some weight and got to 54kg. Then by 6 months before our wedding (2 years together) I weighed about 60kg and was in 10-12. Then by our wedding I got down to 55kg and was toned and looked great I was wearing a bikini around Brampton Island on our honeymoon. Then by the time we started trying to get pregnant (1 and a half years after our wedding) I was up to 69kg and in a 14 so I started trying to lose a little before falling pregnant and I lost 2 kg down to 67 and then I fell pregnant. During my pregnancy I gained 18kg and was 85kg at 40 weeks and I now weigh 76kg and am still wearing my materinty pants. I cannot fit into my size 14s and I refuse to buiy a 16 so I have to do some work. My goal would be to be about 57-60kg and in a 10-12 so I am hoping that by the time I go back to work (if I go back) in May I will be there, eeekkkkk!

Anyway enough rambling from me.

i just have to share this - zac did his first roll by himself. he was having tummy time and he started wobbling side to side then he rolled over to his back. i rang dh so happy. when dh got home from work i put zac on his tummy and he rolled for daddy.
    to those talking about weight - i put on 9kgs when pregnate (i was realy sick durning the pregnancy) i have lost 17kgs to date. the only thing i am doing differant is trying to walk every day where as i could barly walk at all when i was pregnate.
    i saw the ostepath on thursday and he wants to treat me to get rid of zacs reflux. dont know if its working but zac is becomeing a differant boy. it also looks like zac has a form of lactose intolerance (like i did at his age) i had a big bowl of ice cream and some milk and the next day zac was throwing up at every meal and alot. i have not had dairy for 3 days and he is now only doing tiny spit ups.

Well it's my birthday today. I'm becoming an old fart!! Hehehe. I had a lovely day yesterday. We went to a dam which has a lovely picnic area and invited my friends and family for lunch. It was a bit of work as I did everything for it but it was great. Danielle was passed around most of the day and Mum fed her for me so I had a bit of a day off too. So far from my friends and family I got some Ugg Boots, a photo frame, a going out jacket, Gilmore Girls on DVD series 1 and 2, a bottle of dessert wine and a Bras N Things voucher. Ken hasn't given me my present yet. He said it hasn't come in yet but he should have it this afternoon. I didn't really want anything from him as I just got my car but he's going to surprise me. I'm not going to the gym today but we've got Mother's Group this afternoon so I'll make some brownies and take them with - yummo!! The best thing about the weekend - I didn't see the MIL!!! YAY!!! But she wants me to go and see her in the city at her work. I'll have to work up the courage to do that one.

Cassie - thanks for the tip. My hair's about back bra strap length and Danielle keeps grabbing it when I have it loose which is not very often anymore as I can't stand her pulling it. I will have to try it and see if it works next time she does it - she loves to grab my hair and rip it out!! I can't wait for this weekend. We've organised a Girls Night Out at a pub for dinner and drinks. They've got a cool band on too so it should be really good. The boys are staying at my place waiting for a call to pick us up and to look after Danielle. The boys are going camping in a month's time or so - that's why the girls are going out - should be good.

Kel - I've bumped Danielle's head too. I was putting her in her seat but in Ken's car and I hit her head on the handle on the inside of the car that you hold onto going around corners. She screamed so much - I was in tears - but she was hungry too and we were trying to get home to feed her. Luckily I settled her down and she was OK - no lump or anything. I felt so bad too. Yay for Charlotte being over 5kgs now - she starting to grow!!

Baiza - I too went and looked at Jenny Craig but like Kel it was too expensive for my liking. I prefered to spend my money on a gym membership and do my food myself. If I had the extra money I would've done it though.

Danielle's definately found her voice now too. She's giggling and babbling - it's so cute!! And she's doing her Tummy Time properly now. She's actually raising her head and proping herself with her arms. She always used to just rub her head in the blanket I had under her but the MCHN at Mother's Group told me to roll a towel and it put under her chest. I did that Monday to Thursday and by Thursday night she was doing it all on her own! I'm so proud of her. I can't wait to show her today. Danielle's also getting the nack of putting things in her hands and her mouth. She keeps pulling her bib, putting her bib in her mouth and pulling on the ribbon that holds her dummy to the clip on her clothes. She also starting to hold onto toys for a bit now too. She's being so good lately - I love her to death. Oh and she slept in her cot last night for the first time. She's been in her cradle until last night and she still slept through the night - what an angel!!

I better go - we are going to have a bit of a play then I need to cook my brownies and stink the house out - hehehehe!! But it's a good smell.
    Last edited by Bubseykel; October 16th, 2006 at 10:47 AM.

hust quickly at Charlotte is awake

HAPPY BIRHTDAY KEL
    hope you have a great day

hello again, Charlotte has just had a feed and is happy laying in the bouncer playing with some toys.

Kel- i hope you have a great day sounds like you had a nice day yesterday, you got some nice presents, you are not old you are still young, i turn 24 in feb, i feel old as i have 2 children.

Cassie- yo get charlottes hands and feet (both) and a photo put in it cost $180. Lol at you not buying size 16, thats what i am in and i was happy as i was an 18. i would love to get down to an 12, i just have to get walking, Has B/F helped you loose any weight, i weighed myself at my dad's yesterday on there digital scales and i was 85.8 and last time i was there i was 89.4 which was about 4 weeks ago.

Chantal- hope things work out with you and the reflux, anything is worth a try, looks like you will have to stay of the dairy products.

well i am on the count down only 12 days until we are off to QLD for a holiday yay.

hey happy birthday kel
    kmh you think your old i turn 26 in three weeks and i aslso feel old i have two kids and i feel lkie im 30 something lol i should thank im only 25 a the moment and not 30something lol
    well better go bailee is mking a fass talk to ya all soon

hey girls just wondering my son throws up alot everyday and even every now and then throws up water liqued or water with litle white chunky bits in in but latly he has thrown up heaps of milk and im starting to worry every now and then he screams for no reason an he wants to feed every 3hrs he is a happy baby but the throwing up is worrying me too could this be refluxs has any of your babys had this

Fee Guest

We had our first trip away on the weekend - to Stradbroke Island for my cousin's wedding.

The trip was good but TIRING!!! The barge on the way over was a small one and very noisy in the bar/cafe area. Cooper just looked around at everything.

Friday night we went to dinner with a heap of the wedding guests (I think there were about 60 people). I fed Cooper at 6.00 pm and then we headed out. He slept in the pram the whole time. But he was a little weird once getting back to our unit. I think we got home at 11.00 pm. Then he woke at 1.00 am for a feed and then woke again at 3.00 am where I had to settle him and again at 4.30 am. I think he knew he was in a strange place!

Saturday we walked around Point Lookout and walked on the beach (with the pram!). Later in the afternoon Cooper had a screaming fit. I was so stressed and upset. It took us a while for him to calm down. He had been fast asleep and then just woke up screaming. I thought perhaps he was sunburnt (he wasn't) and was freaking out feeling like a bad mum!

The wedding ceremony was lovely with a great view. Cooper gooed all the way through it. Then we went back to the unit for a last feed before heading to the reception. Once again Cooper slept in his pram for the whole thing. So good.

Once home at midnight I gave Cooper a feed as he was awake and then I didn't feed him again until 6.00 am although he did grizzle a little around 3.00 am.

But his day naps were excellent. He was really a good boy! But it was such a tiring time ... too many late nights and Cooper being unsettled at night. I had a sleep yesterday afternoon.

But everything else is going well. He's so vocal with his goos now. And he's done quite a few laughs which are hilarious. He's always chewing on his fists, bib or shirt - so cute.

Cassie I think Cooper has some stork marks too on his eyelid and at the back of his neck.

kmh Yay for Charlotte's weight gain. Great news.

chantal25 Woohoo for Zac rolling how fantastic! What a clever boy.

Bubseykel Happy birthday!!! Sounds like you have been really spoilt. And I have to mention that Cooper is the same as Danielle he's better at tummy time. Lifts his head up nice and high instead of sucking the mat!

Baiza Well done with your weight loss. That's great to hear. Sorry to hear about the throwing up Cooper does little ones every now and then but I don't think they're an issue?

Cassie How funny about Dylan spinning around! Sounds hilarious. And thanks for the tip about getting a baby to let go Cooper is always grabbing my hair or my shirt when I'm trying to put him in the car!

Mads - That's right, they do say BF babies can't get constipated. I'm sure Freya is fine. Unfortunately Cooper does many runny poos - soooo gross!

Fraser Guest

hey ladies,

quick one - Charlie has been sick with a cold and very very snotty - green boogers - very revolting - and also stressing - he's back to waking up during the night cause his nose gets all blocked up and he gets distressed.

Clinic visit the other day - 63cm long (grown 10 cms since born!) and 7.6 kilos - blo*dy hell!!!! the clinic nurse said he is in proportion though... dear oh dear - no wonder my back is breaking

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!!!

catching up on all the reading and will get back to you all with personals soon.

Em

em- wow at charli, he is a big boy, i can not belive that charli and Charlotte are the same age and there is 2 1/2 kilos between them. He is sleeping through the night you are lucky we still get up twice. though now it is only a quick feed and she goes back to sleep straight away.

Baizar- i think it could be felux, Madison had it until i but her to a thicken forumla and that helped so much, talk to your health nurse and see what she says or you can try a thicked forumla i used karicare AR.

Fee- sounds like you had a good weekend, well done cooper for being a good boy. We are heading up to QLD in 12 days for a week, i am a bit nervous (spel) about how the girls will be on the plane, also i don't know what to take up for Charlotte in regards to bouncer etc.

Madss- charlotte was like that with her poos but now it is once or twice a day, oh they are so fun to clean up when they are like that.

well i must be off to think of what to do with the chicken i got out for dinner, hope everyone has a great night

Em - Charlie is a big boy but there is nothing wrong with that. As long as he's in proportion that's fine. I said the same that Danielle was big but the MCHN said she was fine. I hope his cold clears up soon. I know how it is - it's horrible!!

Fee - yay for Cooper being a good boy. It's fun pushing the pram in the sand isn't it!! I did it when we went away a few weekends ago and it's hard work. Danielle's only just starting to do good Tummy Time. The MCHN at Mother's Group told me to put a rolled up towel under her chest to raise her to start with so she would get the idea. In 3 days she was doing it all by herself. This nurse is so lovely - I'm really enjoying the class.

Baiza - sorry I can't really help with the reflux. All I know is that it looks like curdled cottage cheese. Maybe try another formula and see what happens with that one.

Mads - a lady from Mother's Group had a horrible story with poo. Her daughter held onto it for 6 days and when it came it was everywhere. She ended up putting a new nappy on every 10 minutes and still it managed to overflow the nappy and through her clothing. She said she ended up changing her clothes with every nappy change too. I hope you don't get it this bad.

My birthday is over for another year - boo hoo!! Ken spoilt me again. He got me a MP4 player (I was complaining that my MP3 player was too small in size and I would listen to the whole song list at least 3 time during my sessions at the gym), socks for my MP3/MP4 player and the 25th Anniversary Addition of Grease (he knows I love Grease and could pretty much tell him the whole movie line by line). We just had a normal dinner but we opened a bottle of red wine that had been sitting on our wine rack since we got engaged which was almost 4 years ago and geez it was good. Overall my birthday was quite good. I've still got to see my FIL, SMIL and MIL.

I'm off to the gym today to work off that half bottle of wine and the cake I ate yesterday. Back to strict diet again. Have a great day everyone.

Hi Beautiful Girls!

Sorry I have been off the air waves for a couple of days ..but we have had a SHOCKER!
    Everything was going really well...so I thought I would put Jensen in his cot! Bad move! I thought I could just put him straight in during an afternoon nap...but it all went very pear shaped! He got soooooooooooooo upset and I tried and tried to settle him but nothing worked....so I kept at it...but in the end he was just beside himself! After about 2 hours he finally fell asleep in the cot but he woke up after 20 mins screaming his heart out! To the point that when ever I took him back into his bed room he would start to shake and scream! It was heart breaking!
    Anyway we kept at it for another day ...but I have since given up and put him back in the bassinette ...which is slightly better! But he still cries when I take him into his bed room and he wakes for a feed every 2 hours!! So Ive had nooooooooo sleep!
    Can anyone give me advise as to how they moved their little ones from bassinette to cot...Id really appreciated it!

Kel...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET! Im glad that Ken spoilt you!! You deserve it honey!

Hes awake back soon!
    love
    Cyn

Hi girls

Well last night started badly and then turned good I tried Dylan in his cot again, he has slept the night in it one night last week which was fine and then I put him back in his bassinet as he looked too little and lonely in the cot so last night I tried again as I am a bit paranoid about SIDS and lost the plot so I tried for an hour and a half to settle him and he would only sleep in his bassinet so back in he went but he slept for 9 hours yes 9 hours, from 8.30 til 5.40 yay for him I kept waking up though and checking to see that he was still alive.

Today is his 3 month birthday just like Cooper and so I went and got him weighed and he is only 5.7kg and 61.5cm so he is below average in weight and average in height he was above average in both for the first few weeks but the MCHN isn't worried I am though I hope he is getting enough food. Also Dylan has exzema waaaa what a bad mummy. The MCHN thinks it is either from the new bath stuff I have been using, the washing powder or our cat all of which I introuduced around the same time and then he started getting bumpy skin which looked just like the milk spots but all over and now it is just dry patches, he doesn't seem irritatated but I have been advised to bath him in special oil and to keep him cool and moisturised with sorbolene.

Boisey My mum suggested to give the baby day naps in the cot to start with like one a day and then introduce more than one a day and then he should be able to go through the night. Well it worked with a girl in my Mothers group cos I suggested it to her but not for me and Dylan just yet.

Happy Birthday Kel

Byeee off to DFO.

Fraser Guest

hey Cassie - just a quick one - you are so not a bad mother - re; the excema thing.

Charlie has dry patches on his arms - we used Johnsons & johnsons baby wash and that made him all dry so now we squirt some QV oil in the bath and then I rub some baby moistueriser on his arms at night time.

Also, I wasn't using fabric softener on his grow suits and they were a little scratchy - plus - someone told me that if you use something other than cotton clothes and blankets that can cause irritable skin when they sweat.

so there are heaps an heaps of reasons for the skin condition - don't kick yourself young lady!

Cyn - like Cassie said - we put Charlie to sleep in his cot during the day - he slept in a cot insert though - so during the day he was in the cot insert in the cot and then at night in the cot insert in our room - then gradually we started putting him straight into the cot without the insert - it took about a week - but he sleeps in his cot all the time now, his room is just across the hall from us and I leave the doors wide open - I can hear everything and I cannot beleive how much better I sleep without him in the room!

yaay for the spoilage Kel!!

Hey KMH - what did you do with the Chicken in the end?

Baiza - Charlie hasn't had reflux, he normally isn't a spewy baby but everynow and then he will vomit alot for now reason - I just put it down to overfeeding or minor tummy upset due to not agreeing with what I have eaten or something

Chantal - how exciting about the rollover! was there someonw else there to see it too? I find when Charlie does something new I get excited and go to tell someone and then realise I'm on my own and have to tell Charlie about what he's done instead!

Fee - you're so brave - I'm glad you had a super weekend - Cooper seems to be such a good boy!

better go and have some tea and check out Idol!

Cheers, Em

hi all
    it just took me an hour and half to get charlotte to sleep, i gave her a feed at 6:30pm and i was giving her a cuddle and she feel asleep in my arms so i put her down, she woke up after a few mins so i got her up and topped her up at 7:30pm again she feel asleep in my arms back to bed and then she woke up again, so i let her have a cry for a few mins, i just went back in and patted for a few mins and rubbed her eyes and she is asleep hopefully for a few hours.

cassie- did you have fun shopping, i love DFO, some great shops there, you are not a bad mum, lots of babies get excema.

Fraser- i sleep fine with charlotte being in our room, its funny as Madison wasn't in our room as we lived in a unit when she was born but she was right niex to us, however charlotte is in our room as we are in a house and i like her being in with us, i really wanted her to be sleeping throught the night before i moved her in to her cot and her new room so she dose not wake madison up through the night.

Cyn- i think cassie gave you some great adivce on the cot, i am going to do that when i move charlotte in to her cot, just start with the day or you could but the bassinet in the cot if you are able to so he gets used to his new surroundings.

i went to vic roads today to change my linence (i know i have been really slack) as i have not changed it since i have been married and i need it to go onto the plane, i got there and they told me that there camera just broke so they could send me my new card, however it was going to take a while and i need it by the 28th so i have to go to another vec roads now on thursday. Pain in the bum.

hey girls - wow you guys write so much i cannot keep up...

Um... happy bday for yesterday kel!!!

Ethan too has not the best skin - we don't use any soap on him at all in the bath or shower with him - instead use some thing called aqueous cream - and he gets slathered with that four times a day - because he is so spilly he gets alot of rashes in his wee neck folds and that sometimes splits and bleeds- its so awful - feel sorry for the wee man - now he holds his own head up betterthough that helps that area dry out a bit.

Ethan moved into his cot last week too - was in a bassinnette- he looked so little in it - but i just moved him in there... he had a bit of trouble going to sleep in it during the day because of the toys but he drifted off.

So his weight still isnt going so well but have been told not to worry so much about it and just let him do his thing if he is happy so thats what we've been doing.

Had a big fight with DH last night about him not helping out... so now i have to try and make sure ethan will take a bottle of ebm so that i can leave him with dh in the weekend. its frustrating as dh doesn't realise how long it takes to get a whole bottle of ebm, then if I feed ethan the ebm then i have to express off again afterwards anyways to keep my milk up and so i am not uncomfortable so that menas i have to be home and not go anywhere so that i can do this - how do you guys go do you have any trouble having bubs have a bottle does bubs still BF ok? any pointers for helping this along - we have never had much trouble with him on the bottle but then i have always been there as the back up in case...

hi all - Fraser - dh want home but when he did come home i put zac on his tummy and he rolled over for dh.
    aj - cant offer any advice on the bottle thing. zac will not take a bottle at all. he use to but not now not even if its ebm. i have about 600mls frozen in the freezer because he wont take it.
    zac still wont sleep durning the day. i am at my wits end. i am tired and wont to nap as well but he wont fall asleep at the breast any more. he has decided we will go to sleep if you rock him but then you cant move him. or put him in the sling and go for a walk and in about 5 mins his asleep. but again you can move him.
    have sleep clinic tomorrow we will see if this one helps. we are still cosleeping as we are so tired but i dont wont to move him into his cot yet as he still has a snotty nose and it wakes him up.
    he is getting better but - we went for a walk and he stayed in his pram almost the whole time. just at the end he got s%#y.
    Zacs 3 month mesurements are 6.5kgs 58cms long and 42cm head circumfance.

Fee Guest

Cooper slept through again! The second time...

I fed him last night around 5.45 pm and then he grizzled, cried and then screamed! So much for him going to sleep without a peep like the previous 2 nights. I had to pick him up to comfort him. Even then he cried a bit more. In the end I thought I'd try feeding him again as he only had a 10 minute feed earlier. Thankfully he fed for another 10 minutes and totally calmed down. I put him to bed and he was out like a light.

He didn't sleep for quite as long as the last time he slept through (12 hours between feeds). This time it was 11 hours between feeds. Because his last feed ended up being around 7.00 pm last night, this meant I got up to him at 6.00 am. I did hear him stirring around 5.00 am but he just kept himself amused.

His day sleeps are going fantastically as well, since I started wrapping him again and also closing the blind in his room. This morning he slept for 3 hours! Such a change from the 40-60 minute naps he was having before. Hopefully I will be able to keep wrapping during summer. I am using muslin wraps and put the ceiling fan on when it's really hot. I don't wrap at night though as he's always been a good sleeper at night.

Fraser How is Charlie's cold? And holy moly Charlie is a BIG boy! Your back must be breaking!!!

kmh I would be a bit nervous about taking a baby on a plane! I hope it goes well for you.

Bubseykel Sounds like you were very spoilt for your birthday. That's great! Lucky girl

Boisey Sorry I don't have any advice about moving babies from a bassinet to a cot. I hope someone can help you!

Cassie Cooper has some dry patches of skin and I've been paranoid it is excema. It runs in both our families. I have tried to avoid peanuts during pregnancy and now while breastfeeding as I read this can help with allergies, excema and asthma. So yeah I'm not sure what it is at the moment. I only tried J&J bath stuff once and didn't like it. I had heard it gives babies dry skin but I still wanted to try it. I use Gaia bath wash and moisturiser. I hope Dylan's is going okay and he's not too irritated.

AJ Sorry no advice from me about bottle feeding. Cooper has never tried a bottle. Initially I was going to express and get DH to help with some feeds but in the end it sounded like too much trouble for me so I took all my pump/steriliser/bottle equipment back to the shop!

chantal25 Good luck with the sleep clinic tomorrow. I hope it helps.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast