Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Mads- you must be so tired, poor Freya, i hope those teeth come through soon. I was thinking i might give Charlotte some Rusks, but i might try and make them my self.

Fee- Charlotte is trying to crawl as well, she rolls onto her tummy and try's so hard to put her knees under her tummy, she really wants to do it, but she carn't qutie work it out. I hope that Cooper soon settles for you.

Em- Well done on the doona's, the high chair did look a little funny. How do you make Charli's farex, i mix it with breast milk, and charlotte's poos have been fine. I also make it really runny, i will start to thinken it up in a few days.

I didn't get much at the sales, I got my self Gray's Anatomy season one DVD, I had to return a few things, But Tim is home today and he wants to go and have a look so we are back to the shops.

We went to the beach yesterday, to visit Tim's family as they are all camping at the beach, Madison loved it, and i think we are going down there on New year eve.

Charlotte got heaps too for Christmas:
    Clothes
    money
    gift card
    Fisher-Price learning Keys
    Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy
    Fisher-Price Bat and Push Cheetah
    Fisher-Price Monkey Chase
    Braclet with her name engraved
    Teething toys
    Books.
    More but i can not think what they were

Fee Guest

Well finally Cooper slept through properly again last night. None of this waking to be resettled! He slept until just after 5.00 am and then spent about 15 minutes babbling away to himself happily. Although I did hear him cry out once around 4.30 am but it was just one cry and then nothing.

Phew! I hope he's back to normal now.

Also, I think Cooper must be teething!!! The three of us were in Coles yesterday and I thought I'd check Cooper's gums while we waited at the checkout. I quickly looked and said to Mark, "nah" but then did a double take! I could see two white lines on his lower gum! Mark and I are sure they are two teeth about to break through. How exciting. My mum had a look too and she said it's definitely two teeth!

I'm still having to settle him for day sleeps though. He has forgotten how to self settle! He just rolls all around and then gets up on his feet (underneath his tummy). Poor boy must be getting frustrated. I have to pat his bum and stroke his back to get him to sleep.

Fraser How cute about Charlie saying "mum". Cooper's been doing that "mum-mum-mum" thing for a while now but only when he cries so I don't think I can really say that he's said a word! Not sure! It's still just a noise.

Mads Wow so Freya's first tooth is going to be on the top?! I hope she's doing okay.

kmh Does Charlotte love her Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy? Cooper loves his. It's so funny when he accidently leans on part of it and it sets it off but because he is still leaning on it, the words or song keeps changing quickly.

Fee - You know, with our other two children and especialy our second, Cara, we found that she was a stickler for schedules, had to have the same pattern in her days. If we devated she was a mess. Also, every one was miserable if we went to stay someplace for the weekend or that. She knew it was not her home or her bed and as a result she would not sleep very good, she was cranky the whole time. But as soon as we get her home and she was in her environment every thing was ok again.

Oh ya and Dr Seuss Rocks!!!

All - You know the other thing we have noticed with Corban is if he is going through a growth spurt, his sleep pattern takes a hit too.

Mads - I loved reading about your dad's connection with your baby girl. That is so cute.

Fee, Charlotte does like her puppy, she will just lay there and watch it, and sometimes she does it off, You are soooooooo lucky that you get that much sleep, i got to 2:30am so that was great, Charlotte went through a stage where she was not going to self settle to sleep, but she has gone back to putting her self to sleep. Does Cooper get on to his knee's, Charlotte is trying she can nearly do it.

Well we are off to the beach tonight for New Years to spend it with Tim's family, hopefully the girls will behave and sleep down there.

I hope everyone has a great night and i will chat to you all in 2007

hey girls
    let me be the frist to say
    HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRLS/GUYS
    may this year bring you many more joyful time with your children and family
    yet again HAPPY NEW YEAR from the bourchier family

Fee Guest

We had a fun New Year. We had a party at our house last night. I went to bed at 1.00 am. YAWN! Mark came to bed at 4.00 am! Cooper woke once needing to be resettled around 2.30 am but otherwise slept until nearly 6.00 am instead of his usual 5.00 am. I was very pleased!

A few new exciting developments. Cooper sounds like he is getting close to saying a word maybe "dada"?! That's what Mark thinks anyway! Also it sort of looks like Cooper can wave. Perhaps it was coincidence but when a friend waved goodbye to him yesterday he stuck his hand out and he did it twice! Then he did it again today with Poppy. I'm not sure, but it looks cute anyway.

No further news on the two teeth. They look the same as they did on Saturday.

Oh I forgot to say the other day I went out of the room for a second to get something. When I came back Cooper had rolled over quite a few times and was all the way under our coffee table!!!

Dustmite I think Cooper definitely loves being at home and having the same things around him all the time. He doesn't like to be messed around!

kmh Yeah Cooper gets up on his knees and also his feet. Here is a pic of him a while back. He does it all the time in his cot and won't lie still. I think he is getting frustrated. So I am, trying to get him to sleep!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4832.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4838.jpg

baiza Happy new year to you too!

Fee, Cooper does the same thing that Charlotte does, but she can not get onto her feet, she loves tummy time. Thats great you had a good night. I am tired too i went to bed about 12:30am and had Charlotte in bed last night, we stayed at the beach in a caravan, She was really good, but i really could not get her to sleep until i went to bed, so she has been sleeping heaps today.

Biazar- GOod to hear from you. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family

Happy New Year every one. I took my two little girls (who are not as little as they used to be) and went about 3 - 4 hours down the road to my parents for a late Christmas. Got lots of snuggles & loves from the girls, was great - a dad's dream come true I guess! Missed baby Corban and the ever gorgeous & beautiful wife but we are now all back together again.

hey girls i thought ill show you my candles if ya rememebr me say im start my own business in personalied candles her are three i am currently selling on ebay they have only been on a couple of days it might take a couple of weeks befor i sell my first one but it might be earlyer as i had an enquiry today still setting up a website blah blah blah lol let me know wat ya think
    talk to ya soon girls
    http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZclo_babyQQhtZ-1

Fraser Guest

Hey Baiza - those candles look great! I hope it all goes well for you - I know someone who is having a baby in March - so I might be after one around then! (I don't know what she's having yet...)

ps; Happy NY everyone - will be back to post personals soon - Charlie is growling at me - yep, new noise - the growl!

hey fraser
    cool... thank you how dose charlie like his jolly jumper bailee loves his so much he want to be in in all the time he cracks it when i take him out of it and when you hold him he trys jumping in your arms lol
    talk to ya all soon
    ps there will be a nother candle in my collection sometime today

Hi girls

Have been reading but not posting how slack of me!!!

We had a good christmas with all three of us being very spoilt, we spent the day with my DHs parents and had lunch and Dylan got to play woith his cousins then we went to my mum's place for dinner and we were so stuffed by the end of the night I had the biggest belly ache. Dylan coped quite well though cracked it at the end of the time at my ILs and thn lasted til about 9 at my mums after two naps and then when we got home he slept from 10 til 6.15 way to go Dylan! For Christmas Dylan got:
    -Worl'ds biggest piano mat
    -Packet of quirty bath toys with bath tidy bag
    -Bath book
    -Nemo and Dory wind up swimming toy for the bath
    -Hand face washer puppet
    -Box of 6 pairs of socks that look like little sneakers (so cute)
    -Three animal hand puppets (panda, polar bear and wombat)
    -Fisher price stack and go toy thingie
    -High chair
    -Aqua duck
    -Mountain buggy sunshade for his pram
    -Noddy learn to dress doll
    -Romper
    -PJs
    -Traditional malaysian outfit from my mums trip OS
    -Airplane toy
    Finding Nemo DVD and book
    Wow thats a lot now that I look at it!

New Years was ok DH and I stayed home and watched the break up and ate roast chicken mmmmmmm! I managed to stay up til 12.20 way past my bedtime. And today is our third wedding anniversary and my mum is coming over at 7.30 to babysit and we are going out for dinner yay!

Dylan is doing all sorts of amazing things like saying mum mama mumumumumum and rarararararara no dada yet, i know he doesn't know what it means yet but i still get a kick out of it! He can sit unaided for a little while. He is rolling heaps and doing a tummy shuffle that i am guessing is the pre cursor to crawling, plus he has finally found his feet and likes to suck his big toe.

Also we statred baby rice three days ago as he is under the 10th percentile for weight and our maternal nurse suggested to start soilds so we have and he loves loves loves it yummy he looks at me with his mouth open ready for the next spoonful, so exciting. I can't wait to cook fruit and veg for him.

Sorry for no personals this time will come on again soon for personals! Hope everyone is good!

Hello to all

Em- Charlotte does that growling noise too, she is sooooooooooooo loud, it is really funny,we were shopping today and i had to go and find something i could hear her from the other end of safeway.

Cassie- so glad to hear from you, Hope you have a good night out, Charlotte too is on rice ceral and loves it, i give her one teaspoon of rice ceral and about 20 mls of bm and she will eat it so as of Tomorrow i am going to increase it.

Charlotte has been a bugger with her sleeping, she was doing so well sleeping in her own bed and now it as all gone down hill, she woke up at 9:30pm, 12:30pm about 3am and then 6:30 for feeds and then inbetween those times to come into our bed, grrrrrrrr i really hope it is a growth spurt.
    Also Madison stated Childcare today and loved it which is great it gives me a break to be with Charlotte and clean or do shopping.

How is everyone bubs going with the heat Charlotte is doing really well.

Fee Guest

Oh what a night!!! Cooper woke at 2.00 am and I thought I could go in there and just pat his bum and leave (as I have been doing for the past 1-2 weeks). But no, he just kept screaming. Even when I picked him up! I thought I should try to feed him to calm him down. It worked but then he wouldn't go to sleep. Every time I thought I had him asleep, he would cry out again. He kept Mark and I awake until about 3.30 am!!! He has rarely done that before! Even as a newborn bub he would settle down to sleep without any help after a feed. I mean it was weird enough that he had a feed at 2.00 am as he hasn't had a night time feed for ages now. But to not settle after very weird! Anyway let's see what tonight brings.

I almost expected to see a tooth popped through today, but no. Although they do look a little more prominent under the skin.

I am trying wrapping Cooper again today for his naps. It helped him go to sleep just before without any assistance from me.

Otherwise he is just a bit sooky lately and needs me to settle him for all his day naps. And then of course there is the constant waking in the night where I have to go in and pat him (at least it only takes 2 seconds). So WEIRD! Otherwise he is still going 11 hours between feeds overnight, until 5.00 am (except for last night).

Look at him in my ticker! We practice standing up on furniture. He likes it. He can also sit on his own for a while now (leaning forward onto his hands). He rolls everywhere and gets stuck under chairs etc. So funny. He just keeps rolling and rolling until he can't go any further. Ummmm what else has he been doing? Oh yeah he loves banging his hands on things. For example he likes to sit on our laps at the table and he whacks his hands on the table. Also when he rolls and ends up against furniture he loves to bang it with his feet. Much more fun than all his toys?! Hehehe.

It's such a fun age! And soon it will be time for SOLIDS. I can't wait!

Will be back later for personals!

Fraser Guest

oh man Fee we had a night like that last night too - it was stinking hot here yesterday - 32 degrees and Charlie's bedroom got really hot - I had the blinds closed all day and put a fan in there - but it was super heated. he woke at 10.30pm and didn't go back to sleep until 1am then he woke again at 3.30am and didn't go back to sleep until 5am - it was a nightmare - I would get him off to sleep and then he would just wriggle and wake himself up because he was hot - I was beside myself by 4am - Simon had to get up to him for an hour or so while I had a quick snooze - he's only had one sleep today because it's still hot in there - he loves to stare at the fan unfortunatley it doesn't put him to sleep it just makes him excited!

Its still hot here today - but cooling day - the rain is coming and hopefully that will help..... at least if he does that again tonight Simon can get up to him more because tomorrow is Saturday yaaaaayyyyyy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    And today is our third wedding anniversary and my mum is coming over at 7.30 to babysit and we are going out for dinner yay!
    Hey congrats on the anniversary!
    Last edited by Dustmite; January 5th, 2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Im an idot and realized my question was answered in the quote

ok ladies, got a question. DW has not been visited by aunt flow yet (very unusual for her) but from time to time (possible once a month) she gets a stringy/mucus like substance much like during fertile times. What is the view point of you all? Is it possible that the body goes through the process minus the egg release? This is not really new, it has been going on for a few months, but no aunt flow.

Fraser Guest

similar thing has been happening to me Dustmite - except it's not mucous I'm just a complete hormonal biatch for a couple of days - but then nothing - I reckon surely the body must be so used to the regularity it's just going through the motions.... or I could just be a complete cow... who knows....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast