Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Fraser Guest

hey guys,

Charlie's needle are tomorrow - I have a feeling he wont sleep tonight because it is super hot today and it would just be typical that he wont let me sleep tonight.

Had clinic visit - Charlie is 9.98 kilos and 70cm long - he is a big boy!

not much else to report really - he is getting very frustrated that he can't crawl - is getting up on his knees but just face plants! He's rolling heaps though from one side of the rug to the other until he reaches the floor boards and he has learnt not to go on those because they feel funny!

registered him for family day care the other day - ok so he wont need to go until November but I figure if I take little steps now it wont be so scary by then!

Cassie - Charlie loves his pumpkin - are you going to try butternut? the face pulling is funny - when I feed Charlie some water you would swear I was giving him lemon juice!

Fee - ggrrr at AF - I thought mine had come back but I don't know what's going on down there, I get the cramps and the biatch moods but then nothing. Cooper can share!! how clever!

Kelly - I often squirt Charlie in the ear - he pops off to look out the window or something and I look down and he has an earful of milk!

Dustmite - blo*dy hell! I thought you were a bit too keen with all the BFPs - surely you wouldn't be that excited! you be careful or you really will be posting about a BFP!!

I got some canvas' for christmas so I'm off to find some inspiration in the garden and then to paint - if Charlie will let me!

have a good day everyone!

Em.

Fraser Guest

Mads - you posted at the same time - I had the bunnykins stuff too - I thought the pic underneath was of some rabbits getting up to no good? or do you mena the pic under the food - have to admit I got a bit antsy if mum accidentally gave my bowl to one of my brothers! Charlie got some bunnykins stuff for christmas - but it is the melamine stuff - do they still make the good porcelain stuff?

Fee Guest

Oh this child of mine is driving me mental lately. As soon as I lower him into his cot he screams the house down. It can take 1.5 hours to settle him to sleep! Sometimes I try bringing him back out to play but after a while he gets grizzly and yawns etc. I'm sure he's tired. Maybe I just don't have a clue and am trying to put him to bed when he's not sleepy? Oh I feel so blah. With him and the whole AF coming back and the problems down below. Blah blah blah. I've decided once AF is finished I am going to see my OB to get fixed up.

Cassie Solids is very exciting. I hope Dylan likes pumpkin too! Have you been taking lots of photos?

kmh What vegie will you try next with Charlotte?

Mads I keep looking at the box of Farex too! Hehehe. So funny. I'm off to Target tomorrow as they have 20% off Tommee Tippee. I'm going to buy a bowl/spoon set and a sippy cup.

Fraser Charlie is a very big boy indeed! I hope his needles go well tomorrow.

Arvo girls

Mads You are right with the weather I would much prefer this heat here in Melbourne which comes in spurts than the humid heat of Sydney it would wreak havoc with my hair, LOL. I had the bunnykins set too when I was little but I believe it was wrecked. Dylan has been given the smae type of set which is royal doulton but it is Winnie the Pooh and is that heavy porcelain and has the bowl and the two handled cup and I can't wait to use it. May wait a while though. Dylan has also been coming to bed with us a bit mostly in the morning after about a 6am feed as I am too tired to resettle him getting up and down.

Fee I have an unsettled boy too but he has been unsettled for a couple of months and we have good and bad days and nights. I have to rock him to sleep about 75% of the time grrrr which can be annoying but also can be quite lovely as it is a big cuddle time for us and I love to watch him fall to sleep. I have been taking lots of pics and also some video. Here are some below:
    Me holding Dylan for his first rice cereal meal
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus032.jpg
    Dylan and the first tasting of apple, and he kept eating it til it was all gone what a funny little boy
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus062.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus063.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus064.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus065.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...thsplus066.jpg

Em Yep have steamed and pureed a butternut pumpkin for Dylan and I tasted it and it is yummy I am betting we are going to be getting half each when he has pumpkin. Wow Charlie is going great is he wearing all O's now? I put Dylan in an O romper today and it kinda fits but is all loose.

KMH I love babies too. I bet you are keen to see what Charlotte weighs now. I know I was that is why I went last week. Hope oyu had a good day of lunch and shopping. I caould not have imagined having to put Dylan into childcare at 3 months but some people have to do it I am even dreading the time I am supposed to go back to work when he will be 10 and a half months old and he will probably do one or two days then, eeek!

Anyway off to do washing, it has cooled down a bit here, phew.

Fraser Guest

oh Cassie those photos are fantastic! Anyone would think you were feeding him something rotten with that face!!! so cute!

I have been pretty much put on notice that their will be at least one more and DW wants to stop "not" trying and just see where life leads. Which when you consider one on one is no big deal but then when you start looking at age and time till meno-pause, pretty soon you start doing the "worst case" math, and to be perfectly honest it scares the crap out of me! I don't know though how upset or lack of excitement I would be/have if we found out we were pg already. I think over all I would be pretty excited, especially if it was another little girl.

I have been noticing in the other posts that you girls are mixing breast milk in with solids. My little man knows where that milk comes from and to be honest appears to be a be a bit of a boob snob. Nothing but the real thing will do. He is not tricked, he knows where that taste comes from and does not believe it has any business coming from any other source. LOL

The faces he makes is funny. He wants nothing to do with solids...lol

Cassie- I loved Dylans face too cute, I use betternut pumpkin too, and Charlotte loves it, she has her days where she will not eat, like today, every second day she will eat a little. Charlotte still fits into 00 bonds suits and mostly 000 in other things.

Em- wow Charli is a big boy, but he is soooo cute, Madison was always a big girl, so its nice to have a little one.

Well i have this horrable rash around my bottom (sorry tmi) went to the doc today and now i am on ab and i have some cream for it. My day was good, went and had lunch with Tim and one of his old work friends and then had a quick look around the shops. Madison had another great day, she id not want to come home yet again, but thats a good thing, so i know that she dosn't cry when i leave her.

Hi, Sarina (now 6 months and 1 week old) and I have been travelling a lot in the last couple of months visiting family in Europe and New Zealand (she's already a frequent flyer!!) and it's been great to read all your updates!

Sarina started on rice cereal 5 days ago (aged 6 months and 1 day) and I'm amazed how much she loves it. The spoon just goes too slowly - she wants to eat it straight from the bowl!

Anyone else noticed how breastmilk breaks down the rice cereal so it goes watery the longer you leave it in? I'm so glad we waited until she's 6 months as she really seems ready to eat although she never really gave any indication that breastmilk wasn't enough.

She had her 6 month check yesterday - 7.6 kgs, 63cm long and 43.5 cm head circumference. MHCN said she's small (but so are we) and has a big head!! (she's already wearing 9 month old hats so we know that already!)

Not rolling at all yet - only done it about 6 times with coaxing. She loves tummy time though so need to do more exercises with her. And no teeth yet.

For those who are onto solids - have you dropped any breastfeeds? How quickly do you build up to 2 meals a day? I'm so confused about food.

Fee Guest

Cooper slept through until 5.15 am without stirring last night. Yay. Although I'm surprised, as when Mark and I went to bed last night we could smell a stinky poo in Cooper's room! We didn't know what to do. It was really smelly but Cooper was fast asleep. I figured that if I had gone to bed earlier I wouldn't have known, so we just left him!

Anyway after being awake for about 1.5 to 2 hours Cooper showed tired signs. We tried putting him back to bed but he screamed the place down. I don't understand what's going on. He works himself up so much even when I pick him up to cuddle him he keeps screaming. In the end I gave in and gave him a feed around 7.00 am. He fell asleep pretty fast and after about 12 minutes I took him off and popped him in his cot. I don't know how much longer I can take this.

He's not too bad going to sleep in his cot at bed time - it's just the day time that's a problem at the moment. But just a few weeks ago he was fine. Same with the stirring in the night thing. Before Christmas he would sleep until 5.00 am without waking. But since Christmas he wakes about 1-3 times each night just to be resettled. So weird. Maybe his teeth are still hurting?

Mads I'm nearly losing my cool with Cooper. How can he forget how to self-settle during the day? I wish he could talk to me to tell me what is wrong.

Cassie Such cute photos of Dylan! He is pulling some funny faces!

Dustmite LOL @ Corban being a "boob snob". That's so funny. I plan on mixing my breastmilk with rice cereal when we start next weekend. Can't wait to see what Cooper thinks of it.

kmh I hope your rash goes away soon.

RoyaUK Hey there! I was just thinking of you the other day. I'm sure Sarina will be rolling all over the place soon. Just be glad that Sarina is quite still at the moment. Once they are rolling they start getting frustrated they can't crawl. That's my take anyway. Cooper is a Mr Cranky Pants lately.

We're starting Cooper on rice cereal next Saturday. He will be 6 months & 3 days old. I've been reading so much about how much to give, when to start on more meals etc. So confusing!

How many BF does Sarina have now? I think you still give frequent BFs for a while yet. Probably drop to 3 after 9 months or something? I think around the time you start giving solids BEFORE milk feeds is when you could cut some back. But for now milk is still the main source of nutrition and solids are just for tastes.

A recipe book I have says that from 10 months is when you offer breast milk after food.

This is from the World Health Organisation. It was in a table and I can't paste it in ... Basically it goes:

AGE - TEXTURE - FREQUENCY - AMOUNT AT EACH MEAL

I have put a dash between each section.

From 6 months - Soft porridge, well mashed vegetables, meat, fruit - 2 times per day plus frequent breastfeeds - 2-3 tablespoonfuls

7-8 months - Mashed foods - 3 times per day plus frequent breastfeeds - Increasing gradually to 2/3 of a 250 ml cup at each meal

9-11 months - Finely chopped or mashed foods, and foods that baby can pick up - 3 meals plus 1 snack between meals plus breastfeeds - 3/4 of a 250 ml cup/bowl

12-24 months - Family foods, chopped or mashed if necessary - 3 meals plus 2 snacks between meals plus breastfeeds - A full 250 ml cup/bowl

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi girls

We are off today to stay for one night at our house in Sorrento that we are renovating should be interesting as it is pretty much an empty house with only a microwave, kettle, fridge and toaster for a kitchen and only half a bathroom plus a small scattering of furniture, we have a bed down there and Dylan has his portacot, will be interesting to see if he sleeps.

Fee I am hearing where you are coming from with the settling thing, now at night Dylan wakes between each sleep cycle and pretty much needs resettling each time it is so frustrating as I need the nighttime for me time and I don't have it oh well. I hope for you that this is just a stage for Cooper and he gets back to settling again.

Roya Good to see you back and to hear you had a good trip. This is what I am doing with solids at themoment. I started Dylan on rice cereal mixed with cool, boiled water at luncthime after a boobie feed, then after a week I tried pureed apple at the lunchtime feed and then the next day I mixed the rice cereal and apple together so the luncthime meal was about double the amount and Dylan ate it all. I did this for three more days and then I offered a little pot of pureed, steamed pumpkin after the brekky feed (approx 8am) and then he had the apple and rice cereal at luncthime so that was after 9 days that I started two meals a day and he is loving both meals. The quantities I amusing at the moment which will increase are two largish ice cubes of pumpkin for brekky and two large cubes apple puree mixed with 3 dry teaspoons of rice cereal mixed with enough water to make the right consistency. So today is day 11 of solids and on Monday I am going to introduce pear to his meals. I too am quite confused about it all but am just plodding along and will see how it goes. I was given all of this advice by the MCHN and some brochures but that made me even more confused. I am not sure when to start dropping boobie feeds but I do know that at the moment the solids are more for the learning experience (ie different tastes, learning to chew, etc) than to be completely relied upon for nutrition as Fee said in her post
    But for now milk is still the main source of nutrition and solids are just for tastes.
    Hope this helps. Perhaps we could help each other through this very confusing time. Good luck.

Anyway off to get ready to go.

Hi all
    Charlotte has a cold at the moment so she is not sleeping really well, We have gone back to rocking to sleep and she is alseep in her swing at the moment, She is so tired but is having trouble getting to sleep because of the nose playing up.

RoyaUK- wow, I hope you had a great holiday. I have started Charlotte on solids, but she is not eating it at the moment becuase of her cold, At first i introduced rice ceral with breastmilk, and we did this about 5:30pm for about a week and then we tried pumpkin, she is not so sure on this, but i am going to leave it now till she is over the cold. Has your health nurse given you any infomation on solids? Sarina is bigger than Charlotte, Charlotte would be about 6 1/2 kgs or a bit more, we find out on thursday.

Fee- I hope things improve for you soon, though you are lucky to get so much sleep at night, i am still up to feed charlotte 2-3 times a night and then about that to resettle her. But during the day she does put her slef to sleep.

Cassie- good luck tonight, hope Dylan sleeps well for you down there, I love that part of the bay its really nice, my mum is at Rosebud at the moment.

What a day today turned out to be. First, lets back track a bit. DW got off work and went to bed about 1 or 1:30AM. I on the other hand thouht I would do something fairly quick on the computer (I think....its all rather fuzzy). I remember wanting to "rest" my eyes and so I layed back the computer chair and then woke up at 3:00 AM. So I stumbled to bed (I think I do not remember if I turned on any water in the house or not). I remember nothing after I closed my eyes and then DW woke me at 6:00 AM to tell me we had no water in the house. GREAT!! I checked the pump house but all seemed ok, noticed family was up next door so I called over there and asked if they had water....they did which ment it was our pipes which froze. Not looking good. Long story made fairly short, it looks like no split pipes, possibly not froze for very long (although we have heating tape wrapped around pipes so it is possible any leaking water could go unnoticed for a while). It all unthawed fairly quickly after I pluged in and turned on the heating tape. But not knowing it would I was all bundled up and trapsing around the back end of the familys 20+ acres looking for a propane heater. Any how never needed and looks like all ended up ok. Man was it cold (still is) and I hate it. I would rather be miserably HOT then miserably COLD.

In addition to all of this DW and one of my little baby girls (the 7 year old baby girl...lol) is not feeling well ....ya

But I did get one happy ending, I finaly locked down an internship which will allow me to hopfully graduate this spring. The down side was I had hoped to work my 90 hours during my 5 week winter break but I go back Jan. 22 so looks like I am going to have to do at least half most likely more than that during the semester and between classes (also means increased fuel costs driving back and fourth from school to work back to school then back to home.....$$$$$$). Oh well.

Fraser Guest

oh Rob what a pain in the bum! I would love to see pictures of your place it sounds so interesting. I don't know I think I would rather be cold - you can rug up in blankets etc. I don't like it when it's 33 degrees celcius and you live in a red brick house that heats up and retains the heat so that the next day when its only 17 degrees (tas weather is fabo) it's still 30 odd degrees inside.

gotta run Charlie cranky - will be back

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around for a very very very long time. Things are a bit up side down around here at the moment. I've been told I have PND. I went to the doctor finally on Friday about it and other stuff. I've been getting cramps in my upper pelvic area so I've been booked in for an u/s on Wednesday to see if they can see anything. I've had a heap of blood taken to test for thyroid and all other sorts of stuff and I've been told to go and see a gyno too so I'm getting a referal from the doctor for that. Luckily I've found a female doctor who's listening to me and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of everything.

Danielle is going really well. She's eating 3 meals a day of various fruit, vegies and just started on meat as she's been on solids for 2 months the MCHN told me to start meat. She still has 4-5 bottles a day of 150-200mls. She's now 8.12kg and 67cm long so she's past the 75th percentile - more like 80-90! She is very cute. She has her rough days and her good days. She's learning how to crawl already. She's doing a backwards crawl around the house and knows how to turn herself so if she can't reach a toy she uses her hands and feet to turn herself to it. She stands for minutes at a time by just holding her hands. She sleeps from 8pm to 6.30-7am every day. She's growing up so fast and generally so good. I shouldn't have PND as she's quite good. So many mums are worse off than me.

I better go - I can hear her grumping and it's almost time for a sleep. I'll try and catch up with everyone's posts soon.

Fee Guest

Hi all

I had a very nice weekend. It was nice getting out and about so much. I don't have to deal with trying to get Cooper to go to sleep in his cot!

I was at the shops on Saturday with friends and the funniest thing happened in the foodcourt. My friend was holding Cooper on her lap and in the quickest moment Cooper bent down and licked the table EEEEWWWWWWWWWW! But you should have seen his face! OMG priceless. We were cracking up laughing. He pulled such a funny face and stuck his tongue out. Ewww I don't know what he tasted. Hope he doesn't catch anything.

Saturday night Cooper went off to sleep without a peep and didn't stir until 5.30 am. Cooper fussed a little going to bed last night, but not for long. Then he slept without waking until 6.00 am! Oh please, please, let the night wakings be over! Also over the past few mornings I have noticed that he is sleeping in a little longer. He always used to wake at 5.00 am.

Today I'm trialling giving Cooper just 2 naps instead of 3.

Cooper woke and fed at 6.00 am but when I tried to put him to bed around 7.30 am he cried (he had showed some tired signs). So I thought I'd let him keep playing and see what happened.

I then fed him at 9.00 am and let him play until 9.30 am. I put him in his cot and he cried and fussed so I patted him and he fell asleep pretty quickly. So he had awake time of 3.5 hours... hmmmmm.

Cassie Hope you had fun at Sorrento!

kmh How is Charlotte's cold? Hope she is feeling better.

Dustmite I would rather be miserably HOT then miserably COLD too. I hate cold weather and it doesn't even get that cold here!!!

Bubseykel So good to hear from you. But I'm sorry to hear you have PND. At least Danielle is so good for you. She sounds wonderful. I hope your female doctor can help with all your issues. What happens with PND? How can it be "fixed"?

Hi all
    Kel- good luck with it all, I am glad that you are seeking help, as alot of people dont.

Fee- wow youa re so lucky with Cooper, Charlotte has been sleeping abit better over night still waking for her two feeds, but sleeping abit better in between feeds, However last night she woke every hour just for her dummy between 2-5am, she would look at me smile and then go back to sleep.

We went to the beach today as my mum is down there for a holiday and comes back tomorrow, Had a good time, I am getting Charlotte a new car seat this week, as i just found out that all car seats need to be replaced if they have been in a car accident, and i have been drinving around like this for 18 months, but AAMI are going to refund $200 so i am going to get the Safe and sound car seat, i can not remember which one of it is but it is one that you can turn them around up 12 kgs.

I also have been feeling nausious the last few days, after i eat and this morning i was throwing a banana in the bin and that made me nearly throw up, I hope i am not pregnant, but if it contunies i am going to buy a test.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    I also have been feeling nausious the last few days, after i eat and this morning i was throwing a banana in the bin and that made me nearly throw up, I hope i am not pregnant, but if it contunies i am going to buy a test.
    Here is "Hoping you just got the FLU"! Then again, sounds like you need a test. Good Luck

b bvgg bhn bvg nbb nbmnj

(Not sure what it means, but Corban loves to type so I let him have his say this time)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast