Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

OMG MEgan, That's not on at all & I'd speak to your hubby & see how he feels about the comment & her babysitting!? Coz I am SUPER *****, so I'd probablky call & say... "Just letting you know the sook doesnt need/want to be babysat this weekend, Oh he's crying now Gotta go!" then hang up!
    I have learnt that it's not on for others to put me, my parenting style, my kids personalities & differences etc down, so I stand up to them now!
    I dont care who I **** off along the way, if they can be that blatantly rude then they deserve what they get back! Zyon is a Mummy's boy (I love that) he settles with me, DH cant get him to settle properly & mostly because ppl (no matter how many times I tell them) try to lay him down in their arms & hug him in close, he hates that hold & goes banana's! He HAS to be held upright, it's the only way to calm him, but they insist on knowing better & then roll their eyes & hand him back! I dont care he's my boy & I'm glad he loves me so much & feel safe & secure with me! But Megan i'd be really upset & I wouldnt be able to bite my tongue, funnily enough as soon as you've retaliated or let them know it's not on to run your baby/their grandson down, the sooner they will actually stop, so the sooner you let them know, it's usually the better!!???

V, Well done on an awesome weightloss achievement! That's great & OMG 3wks, phew it will be here before you know it... I bet whatever you do for your honeymoon will be magical, when we married in OZ we didnt go/do anything, stayed at a hotel & then spent a week going to Zoo, Museum, Aquarium & various other places with Maddy (she was 4)
    As for whom I prefer to babysit, my IL's are in another country & I do trust them, if anything they are probably more obedient in listening to what I do with our kids. My Mum I obviously trust, but she does what she likes with them & not necessarily what I wanted!? She never breastfed us & so will often say, just leave me a tin of formula... I just roll my eyes at her & tell her he's breastfed because I WANT to feed him & to me it's not an inconvenience! I leave her my cloth nappies etc all ready to go, but she goes & buys disposables!?
    With Indah she tells me Indah drinks too much milk & doesnt eat enough, but if I am gone for 30mins, Mum will give in & let Indah have 2 cups of milk & a freddo for lunch! But then tell me the kid eats badly!? Thankfull I can tell her exactly what I think & not hold back & can slam the doors etc, but all is OK 5 mins later & she'll say... "They are your kids, I just try to help!" They live in a unit behind our house & she is 90% of the time a huge help... Just when she offers advice!!! Now I just say, "Oh they are your kids again are they?" She smiles & stops talking!!!

Rebecca, Indah was almost 6mths at the time... If you do give it defrosted then make sure whatever milk is left over from the day before is used first thing the next day, so as long as it gets rotated it should be OK! Just give an extra feed than you'll think but I'm guessing 3 bottles worth would be heaps!? I deman fed Indah too & had no idea how much to give! Eventually you'll see what he's taking!

Oh & to whomever asked about rocking a baby etc to sleep... I basically do whatever it takes to get my babies to sleep... Indah sleeps no worries in her own bed now, so you do whatever works for you...
    PPL who warn you about spoiling them or whatever cant remember back to the things they did & another thing I have learned they are all so different! Maddy slept thru from 7 days old & has never cause us any sleepless nights... Indah slept thru on & off from about 4mths, she would fall asleep on the breast & easily go from breast to bed, she did cause us some grief with sleep when trying to move her from cot to bed, but now also sleeps beautifully, Zyon had been sleeping thru & has recently stopped, I do whatever I think is right, he can be in a deep sleep on the breast & as soon as I lay him down he can be wide awake & then not settle for another 2hours!? but once again... Well meaning ppl havent had THIS PARTICULAR BABY, they are all different... I dont care what advice they offer, because I am not complaining...

OK goodnight Ladies, I'm getting my buddha baby weighed tomorrow!!!!

Hi everyone

This weekend was Diana's first holiday away. My sister, Diana and I went down to Kiama for a girls' weekend. We walked around the town, did some shopping and saw the blowhole yesterday. Was kind of disappointed with the blowhole - it wasn't blowing much, but we saw the "little blowhole", which was a lot more impressive. I don't think Diana cared much either way. We stayed the night with some of my sister's friends, which was lovely. Diana decided that not only did she not need sleep during the day, she also didn't need to sleep at night. I swear, she was up until almost midnight! I think she missed her daddy, as she would keep looking at the doorway as if waiting for someone to come in.

This morning we went to the beach, and Diana hated it.The sound of the surf scared her and the water was too cold for her to even dip her feet in. I tried to get her into a little lagoon thing, but even that was too cold. I decided that I might try taking her to the beach again next year. Before then, it probably wouldn't be much fun for either of us.

Woo hoo for me - I am no longer working, but will be paid until the end of the year! I am taking the time until then as sick/stress leave. I am glad that it worked out this way, although wish that I had gone to the doctor to get the pnd diagnosed sooner, before I had started acting completely insane at work. Oh well, I guess it has worked out well. I just hope that my boss is not too annoyed with me (I had said some quite *****y things about her , not really meaning to, but just being so overwhelmed and unhappy with the whole situation) and doesn't give me a bad reference.

Re bubs not getting to sleep by themselves - Diana seems to be going through a similar phase at the moment. I recommend just going with the flow. If anyone ever advises me not to pick her up, etc, I ignore it. I just think that in two years or so, she won't want to be picked up anymore, and in twelve years she won't want to be seen in public with me, lol, so I am going to cuddle her and be as close to her and as kind to her as I can be while she still lets me...

Veronica - Yay on the weight loss. Congratulations. Wow, your wedding is so close. So exciting!

Megan - I too seem to get drunk really easily these days. Last week I had a glass of watered down wine and felt tipsy afterwards. Oh well, I suppose its cheaper this way.

Jem - Glad your dinner with your mother went well.

HI to everyone else. Hope you've all had a good weekend.

Hi everyone! Had a very busy weekend with visitors and so forth but have been able to read and catch up!

Veronica Well done on your weight loss!!! What a fantastic effort!
    Tracey Alessia is the same - loves to be settled upright by her mummy...no one else! *hehe*
    Zofia Pity that Diana didn't like the water, but I'm sure in a years time she'll be loving it!
    Jem Hope you enjoyed the 1st birthday party! Crazy how we'll be planning our own very soon!
    Megan I would feel exactly the same!!! *ugh* to MILs!
    Rebecca Goodness, Nathan and David must be twins!! The bloody computer wins over me ALL the time...I threaten to pour water over the laptop sometimes *lol* just to get a bit of attention!

Well it's bed time for me! Looking forwad to the warmer weather this week so I can put some funky shorts I bought for Alessia, on! Night all!

OMG ladies, talk talk talk talk...................... I can't keep up these days.

Jem, so sorry. When I read your post the other day, I thought you were having dinner with your mum, not your biological mum. Wow, what a big event. I'm glad it went well. How often do you see her?
    And how long have you known her? Good luck with first day alone with kids. I'll be thinking of you.

Veronica, wow congrats to you girl. What a top effort. Now you'll just have to slow down in the next 3 weeks so your dress doesn't fall off you, he he he.

Megan, OMG what a cow!! I diddo every thing that Tracey said. I would definately speak up to her now. I know it's hard. Because out of respect you don't want to stand up to her, but definately agree with what Tracey said, the longer she is let go, the worse she will become and the harder it will be to speak to her. Hugs to you babe!!

Tracey, just out of curiosity, are you a Taurus?? We sound very similiar in ways. I think I suit my star sign to a tea. I'm normally very placid and quite but **** me off and watch out, I'll come charging like a bull and never forget what you did. Not sure if that is such a good thing though, Can't wait to hear about Zyons weight gain.

Zofia, yey on finishing work. And being paid until the end of the year, double bonus!!!!

Warning Vent Ahead.........Well, we have Charlizes needles this morning, not looking forward to it, but who does. And I'm trying to fight a cold. And I nearly feel down the stairs carrying Charlize and stopped my fall jaring my bad foot, so it is now very sore and puffy and blue again. And, I'm missing DH big time. So in all, I feel like crap ATM. I'm going to pick up the plants I bought the other day, today, so hopefully being outside in the garden for awhile might perk me up a little. And soon I'll have to go looking for a new side by side stroller, if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. Doing this because we might be heading over to Japan just after Christmas. DH work has asked him to extend, but he said he only would if the agree to pay for me and the kids to come up. So we should here back sometime early this week if we are going to go. Not looking forward to travelling by myself with the 2 kids for 12 in total on 2 flights. How the hell do people to that, when I will be only allocated 1 seat as both kids are under 2. I said to DH make sure they buy us 2 seats, as I can't hold both of them the whole way, imagine that, how would I do that??

Anyway sorry for the vent, I just thought, getting it out might make me feel better, sorry it was at your expense though.

Take care all

Megan76 Guest

Morning everyone!

Tracey - DH was furious too and he didn't even tell me till the next day cos i had been having a bad day and he knew how angry i would be!! We are seriously just thinking about taking Lucas to my uncle's 60th now cos if MIL has him either way she will be a pain....if he is good for her she will carry on about it and if he is bad she will continue the sook business! DH did get angry with her and tried to remind her that he is ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD! If she says anything when i am there there is no way i will be able to bite my tongue!! Lucas is an upright boy too!!

Zofia- glad you are feeling better about everything with work! We are off to noosa in a week so i am hoping Lucas like the beach, but the house we are staying at has a pool and i think he will be happier in there!

Have a good day!

Megan76 Guest

Mel- Gee you are in the wars!! How long is DH away for? Flying with the kids will be interesting but are you happy about the prospect of a holiday??? Good luck with the needles!! Believe me, we all need to vent sometimes!!

ZYON IS 4 MONTHS TODAY & MADDY IS 9YEARS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SMALLEST & BIGGEST BABIES!!

Mel, Dont apologise for venting... It's what we are here for & I'm sure we'd all be venting too, if all that was going on within our own little homes!
    I am a Cancer! OOOh, I hold grudges too...
    Not sure how you'd go travelling with 2 under 2? I'm sure DH's work will have to pay for 2 seats!? I wonder how single parents of twins would travel? There must be something/way? Oh well get them to pay & Charlize can have her own seat! Good Luck with the needles! I hope you havent damaged your foot again, some outside time (resting if possible) sounds great!

Megan, Mel touched on another pat about your MIL, out of respect we dont be rude to them, but surely she can provide similar respect in return & not put you, your son etc down..
    Honestly the sooner she knows you wont satand for her crap, the sooner she stops treating you like a door mat, I am going to be so conscious of Zyon's girlfriends, wife or partner (JIC) & be kind coz I think Mum's of sons are the worst! lol

Jem, yay on the great dinner with your bio Mum...

Zofia, well done on gettoing paid til end of the year & also on the little time away...

at 11:30 Zy has his appt, he is getting his immunisations mid dec as we got his first lot late due to be in Bali.

My goodness - you go away for a day and come back to so much to read!! I have only had a breif skim thru because i am determined to get my mountains of housework done today, so my reward will be a proper sit down and read with cup of tea and chocolate biscuit in hand! Just wanted to say to Megan that i totally understand you on the MIL issue. You may be aware mine is a pain in the rear end (or total polar opposite and the loveliest woman on earth other days. Go figure..). Before Tom was diagnosed with his reflux, she used to constantly call him a 'bad baby' and get stuck into us because we were spoiling him by having him sleep in our bed and using a baby carrier. We tried explaining that he only ever wanted to be held upright and he hated his pram but that wasnt good enough for her. I remember hiding behind the couch with Tom one day when she was knocking on the front door in case she looked thru the window. She used to ring up to 8 times a day to check on so-called 'bad baby'. One day DH just snapped and told her that little babies are in no way manipulative (sp?) and it is not possible to spoil them as they only seek the comfort of their parents. i was so impressed. He admited to me later that he read it in the 'BabyLove' book , but it shut her up for a while. About that anyway..
    Now when she comes around she picks up Tom and says to him ' have mummy and daddy been mean to you? You tell nan all about it. When they arent looking, i am going to feed you some mashed potato'. So unfortunately we may just have to accept she will never change, but Megan seek comfort in the fact that people totally understand what you are dealing with and vent to us anytime!!

Well the wkend away was brilliant. Wedding was beautiful - bride was stunning - and had a great time hitting the dance floor with DH. Tom was an angel child apparently. My sister was really good - she kept me updated with phone calls and picture messages so i felt great. Cried when i left him (me that is, not him) and missed him alot but also lovely to spend time as adults again!! When we picked him up, he was asleep so once he woke up, we went into him and he squealed with joy to see us so it was lovely to know we had been missed!!
    OK - must dash - housework waiting. Be back later to catch up properly xx

Morning everyone!!

I've oinly skimmed through this morning and Avaleigh is getting a little unsettled and she is squealing her head off - so cute!!

Avaleigh has started waking up in the early hours of the morning! I only really realised that this morning when I heard her in the baby monitor at 3.30am Not good when the night before all I got was 6 hours sleep!! I'm pretty sure she has started waking up in the early hours for the past 4 -5 days, but I have been putting her dummy in and she goes back to sleep. To the mum who have your babies on solids (sorry forgot who you are!), is this what your bubs started to do??!! I am going to give her something to eat while we are having dinner. What sort of solids do you give?? I've been giving rice cereal mixed with my breast milk but she doesnt always seem to be a fan of that. SO some ideas of solids woud be great!!

Avaleigh found her feet yesterday, grabs them whenever she remembers and she is moving all around the place! At the moment she is moving herself backwards off the playmat. better go sabe her before she hits some furniture!

V - well done on your weight loss! Terrific achievement.

Mel - *hugs* you poor thing. How is your foot feeling now and how did Charlize go with her needles?? Re your srtoller question - a friend of mine has the Mclaren side by side stroller and she loves it - not sure of the name or model though - will find out for you. Wow at the possibility of going to Japan - how much longer has Luke been asked to stay? Surely his work would get you and extra seat so Charlize can sit next to you - if they want Luke to stay longer then they will have to make it as easy as possible for you.

Em - glad you had a great time at the wedding! Some adult time is wonderful isnt it.

Hi to everyone else.

Not much new here. DH went away today - gee I hate it when he does. I feel like I am a much better mother when he is around as I am not so stressed. Just knowing he is coming home each night makes the craziness of the day easier to get through. Oh well no use complaining.

Dinner with bio mum went well. For those who asked I first met her when I was 17 years old - she gave me up for adoption when I was born as she was only 16 years old when she had me. I am so thankful she did give me up as my mum and dad are the best parents ever!! She is a really lovely person but I still get a bit nervous when ever I see her. SHe lives interstate so I only see her once or twice a year.

I had best run as I have to clean up another Jesse disaster. He is at the age where he is into EVRYTIHING at the moment! Cute but frustrating.

BBL
    Jem

Megan76 Guest

My gorgeous boy has been asleep for over 2 hours!! I have to keep going in to make sure he's still breathing!!

Ha ha...there he goes! So proud of him though!

Megan- yay for Lucas sleeping two hours!! Isnt it amazing what makes us happy these days LOL!!

Ok Zyon's check up went well he now weighs.... 7.120kgs! OINK OINK!!!

All is going well, everything is great, so Mum dragged me along to another Harris Scarfe SALE with her so I bought.. a fan for over our bed, 8 heavy bottomed scotch glasses (I like to drink my scotch from a nice glass LOL) Um a rubber bottomed silver mixing bowl & some caramel filled Santa's!!! MMMM YUMMY!!!

Megan76 Guest

Tracey - Lucas was 7.2 at 4 months so he is an oink oink too! Enjoy the scotch!!

Hey guys, just got back from Charlizes needles. She only had 1 thank god, and her next one isn't until she is 4, yey yey yey. She was so brave she didn't even cry. She now weighs 10.00kg. And get this Jack is now 8.55kg, he is more like a hippo, lol . He is still my little man though.

Wooo Hoo @ all our Fatso little boys! I love his rolly polly thighs, bit like mkine actually!!! LOL

Hi there everyone,
    I dont think I'll be around much this week.
    MIL (2b) has been fighting breast cancer for the last 12 months, and we thought she was getting better. Turns out it has now gone into her spine
    So we're pretty upset.
    Sorry to be a downer.
    Hope ur all well
    Nicky

Megan76 Guest

Thinking of you Nicky! XX

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast