Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Hi everyone,

just popping on before I go shopping again - got some really good bargains yesterday - OH I love bargains!!!!

Nicky - you sound so confused regarding the TTC, the "need" to have children can be pretty overwhelming sometimes can't it? But that is completely natural, you are a woman after all. DF and I decided before Oliver was concieved that we wouldn't be having anymore. And this was confirmed by DF when he was driving me to the hospital after only being discharged 4 hours earlier for morning sickness one night. We were stopped at a red light while I was vomiting blood, and he looked at me and said "we are NOT doing this again!". I couldn't answer back because I had lost my voice from throwing up too much. Sometimes I think about having another one, especially when Oliver does something new, and I realise that this will be the last time I see my baby roll over for the first time or walk his first steps. But, I am 31, and I know that is still very young but I just cant do it again. The morning sickness, the labour and the pre-eclampsia that I had with both my kids. SORRY - this is sounding like a real sob story isn't it???? Anyway - the most important is that you are both ready.

Tracey - I checked out that site - I will be getting me some of those nappies after xmas for sure!

Veronica - To answer your question regarding the solids - I give Oliver his at around 5/5.30 pm. I chose this time because this is when he was at his hungriest. But saying that I don't recommend feeding them when they are starving because the bub will not be as relaxed and will probably be in too much of a hurry. Oliver always feeds off both sides, so I will give him one, feed him the rice cereal, then pop him on the other side. He is then satisfied and happy to play while we prepare/eat dinner. He then has his bath, back on the boob and then to bed! Works really well for us but just pick a time that suits you. There are no rules as to when they should eat. The important thing is that it doesn't replace a breast/bottle feed. I just had to edit this cause I read back and saw your post about your boob. It does sound a little like a blocked duct. Try massaging it gently toward the nipple at your next feed/express. Good luck with it.

Mrs Daisy - of course you are going to miss your little man - but make the most of getting out and having fun. Oh to have time to fake tan would be great! Oh and Oliver has started sucking his thumb too! The other day we were driving and I couldn't work out what this noise was, I thought there was something wrong with the car!! I kept turning the radio down, then realised it was him, slurping on his thumb like crazy - it was cute.

Anyway I'd better get to those shops - craving a chocolate milkshake!

Happy Friday everyone....
    Last edited by razzle; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:45 AM.

OK, I give up. WHERE IS THE OFF SWITCH????????????????

Megan76 Guest

Jan- i have asked myself the same question over the past week! Even a snooze button would do!!

I cant keep up with all of you talkers LOL!!

Jan and Megan - thats a classic re the off and snooze buttons. I do understand what you mean - although I would rather Oliver or Jesse had a snooze or off button as they wear me out more than Charlotte

Raels - how did the shopping go? Any bargains?

Tracey - how was the photo shoot? Are we going to get to see some?? I bet they turned out beautifully!

Em - I understand you totally about leaving Tom. its just natural for us mums to worry like that! I still stress about Oliver and Jesse when they stay some where else - which doesnt happen very often. I do hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding though - kick your heels up while you can.

Mel - how are you coping with Luke away?

TOJ - woohoo on being able to see again!!

Bec - Xaviers sleeping habits always amaze me - what a good little sleeper he is!!

V - how is your boob? Did you go to the GP? Oh yes and please come and clean my house too LOL!!

Not much new to report here. We have a such a busy weekend ahead - seems to happen around Christmas time. I am adopted and my birth mother is in Adelaide for the weekend so we are catching up and it always stresses me out beforehand. She is a lovely lovely lovely person but I always work myself up into a lather and then I always end up having a nice time. We are having dinner at her sisters so a couple of wines might help to calm the nerves LOL!!

Gotta run - DH has just gotten home with some takeout - yay no cooking!!

Have a great weekend everyone.
    take care
    Jem

Oh man, DH has only been away for 1 day, and I miss him already.

Jan, Megan if you find that remote send one my way. he he he

Jem, yummy take out, what did he bring home? I just ate the last of the chinese left overs we had for DH last night at home.

Raels, which shops have you been hitting? I went to Toys r us at Aspley today, and done most of the chrissy shopping for all the neices and nephews, only 2 more to go and I'm done. YEY!!!!

Veronica, how's the boob going? Jason's hair sounds like alot of work. How do you get the dreads out? I'm guessing with alot of beer and a comb, oooouch!!

Jessikah, yey on the interest on your house. Good luck with the finance for your new house too.

Tracey, how did the photos go?

Well, I started the shopping for the garden today. While I was out getting chrissy presents, I walked past a nursery that had 3 Camillias (sp?) for $20, normally 14.99 each. So I got 6 but thinking when I pick them up tomorrow I might get another 3. I plan on running them down the side of the backyard, for a hedge/curtain. I got white and red ones. I can't wait to start. The tree loppers are coming in on tuesday to get rid of a few nasty trees that shed crap everywhere. Then its all about the garden, will be good to keep my mind of missing DH. I also got Charlize her own garden set today, so she can help. She has been miserable lately. She is cutting her bottom molars and they are putting her in agony and really testing my patience and sanity. She is a crazy cutter, she has only the 2 front teeth at the bottom ATM, and now her molars. What happen to the teeth in between???? Talk about cross cutting. The same happen at the top although she had 4 before the molars come through. She will probably have a mouth full of teeth by the time DH is back.

I got the dressings off my foot today and the stitches out. Looks pretty good, considering. Still very swollen and bruised but better than I thought it would look. He said they removed 3 pieces of bone and alot of scar tissue. He did say though, problems like mine have a tendantcy (sp?) to happen again and again and again. Fingers crossed its not the case with me. Stupid netball, who invented the damm sport!!

Have a good weekend all, happy voting!!!

Everyone is so chatty! Hi to all.

I am a little worried tonight. Last night I was up from 2.30 because I discovered Autumn had pushed her way up and out of the sleep positioner and was in the corner of the cot on her tummy. I have been dreading this time since she started rolling as I knew I'd be paranoid. Anyway, I put her back and of course she did it again, so I was up for the next 3 hours umming and ahhing about what to do - she still isn't consistent with rolling back to her back. Today I have resigned myself to the fact that she is now a tummy sleeper and hooked up the sensor pad to the monitor. It means I can't have the ceiling fan on though because it registers it as a baby movement. Does anyone else have the same problem and know a way to overcome it ? - I'd rather not muck around with the sensitivity if there is another way. Sometimes I wish I had the blissful ignorance of 20yrs ago... it's all so freaky being a mum.

Good news on the DH front - he has been given a promotion meaning his roster will change from two weeks away/one week home, to two on and two off. Sadly, he will miss Autie's first christmas but at least she won't know it. We are planning on having our christmas together early and have already put up the tree!

Sorry it's been all about us, I haven't had a chance to catch up today. I expect I'll be up all night though so maybe there will be more time to get personal later.

Sweet dreams to all the bubbas and their mummies.

Hi all.
    LACHS TEETHING!!!! YIKES!!!
    And getting 2 at once!
    And cross cutting, so he's getting canines first!!!!!!!
    How cruel.
    I have the panadol and bonjella on standby, and a multitude of teething rings/toys, in the freezer.

Just when I start to have such a happy go lucky boy.... lol
    He hasnt started getting too bad yet, but it will come.
    He's got the rosy red cheeks and the red gums, and we can see the teeth poking out the front of his gums.

Not sure what to expect or how to deal with it all, but if I expect the worst, then im sure I should be able to handle it!
    lol
    Night all

Hey everyone!

Thanks to those that answered my question re the sore boob. A little while after that post, Avaleigh woke up and I got her to have a feed cause it was pretty sore but she was happy to go ahead with it! So I massaged the lump while Avaleigh was feeding and she sucked it right out!! The spot is still a little sore now so I will keep my eye on it. First time something like that happened..

Raels - chocolate milkshake - YUM!

Jan - awww! I hope you found that off switch? Happy 4 months to Liam!! Cant believe how quick they are growing.

Jem - good luck catching up with your birth mum, Im sure everything will be great. Is this the first time she will be meeting Charlotte?

Mel - I hope everything is perfect with your foot. Have fun in the garden!! We are doing like right now. Well our mate is actually! haha he works at a nursery and we gave him some money to get us stuff and he picked up 4 big magnolias (sp) for $40 when they actually sell for $200!! He is planting everything for us as well. Not the sort of plants I would have done but oh well, I just keep saying that he most know what to do!

Sacha - I am waiting for the day that Avaleigh flips herself over in bed. She cant flip herself back at the moment and as a little bit of trouble getting her arms out from under herself.

Nicky - Oh wow at the teething!! Good luck with it and I hope you breaze through it. So much for the CHN saying Avaleigh was teething.. that was 4 weeks ago and still nothing!!

Well I had a crazy busy afternoon today and didnt manage to get to mum and dad's to clean Jason and I have come to the realisation that we cant go away overseas for our honeymoon. Its just not a good time of year because Jason's work closes for 4 weeks so it means he gets paid the week before christmas and then the pay starts up again half way through January. We were going to try to increase our credit card but I dont want to start our marriage that way!! So we may just go down south somewhere nice and lovely, just to get away from it all.

I got a question... Avaleigh is still finding it really hard to fall asleep by herself between her 5-6pm feed and the 9pm feed. She is obviously tired but jsut screams and cries in her bed and wont go to sleep until I rock her to sleep. Does any one elses baby still do this?? I am trying to get her to try and put herself to sleep but she just wont do it and I dont want her getting used to it. I just dont know what to do cause I hate her crying for too long!! Maybe tomorrow I will try and put her to sleep right after that feed...

Anyway, better go and have a shower before the next feed. Have a good weekend everyone and have fun voting! LOL I thought the votes were open all weekend so I was going to go on Sunday. Lucky I heard it closes tomorrow night HAHA!

To all the facebookers - I put some new photos of Avaleigh up.

Veronica, like you know, all bubs are different and they change all the time. Sometimes Jack is happy to put himself to sleep, sometimes he wants a little more bobby juice and falls asleep on the job. Same with Charlize, although she up until the age of about 13 months, never really put herself to sleep. But she does now, so they will grow out of it eventually. As long as it suits you to go with the flow, I would. But if not, I would try recommending stroking her head while she is laying down. Although I know this would probably do squat if she is screaming away. I reckon I would be picking her up for cuddles too. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

Trying to remember everything but Indah's singing next to me & I am forgetting!!!
    Tracey Question for you: When you expressed while you were at work how did you go with knowing exactly how much milk to leave. Did you always leave more than what indah would drink? I'm planning to have a freezer full so that we have a buffer for the first few weeks, and I won't be too far away from the Child care center if they run out I can go and feed him but I really want to get my head around this, and it's sending me mental not knowing what's going to happen.

I expressed 180-200ml into the breast milk bags & had about 2 litres in the freezer, so day 1 I gave my sister 4 bags of milk (still frozen JIC), so she put 1 bag in her freezer but let the others defrost, I'd feed Indah at 7:30am, my sis arrived around 8am & I headed off to work, Indah then would have a bottle (tipping the defrosted BM into the bottle) at about 11:30 & then not again til about 3pm, then my sis met me at home at 5pm... So we realised it was only 2 bottle she was having during the day, but I gave her 3 bottle's worth of BM every day (JIC) keeping 1 in the freezer!!

So I'd express 3 times a day at work (each time getting about 200ml) & then I'd always walk in the door & offer her breast before going about making dinner etc!!!

I hope that helps!!!

Umm, I cant think whatelse now!!!

Oh when I get the pic's I will share with you!!!!

Mel - thanks for that! I know a while back Avaleigh was sleeping OK at that time, but like you said, they change all the time! I would rather pick her up and settle her then hear her cries but you get those people that say not to pick up all the time cause they know and will always be crying. Just gets to you and you think that maybe you shouldnt pick them up! ARGH! Im the mum here I should just do things my way and not listen to anyone else. I'm going to be the type of person to not give any advice unless asked!!

Megan76 Guest

Veronica - i am having the exact same problem at the moment. The last few nights Lucas refuses to sleep between the last two feeds anywhere but my arms and he has lost the plot with falling to sleep on his own, but if i rock him to sleep when i put him down he wakes up anyway. I always have that voice in my head saying "don't pick him up, he'll get used to it, don't rock him to sleep he will expect it", but its a catch 22 cos if you don't pick them up and put them to sleep they scream and dont sleep and end up grumpy as ever. I agree with the ARGH! Sometimes i think we just have to do what works and worry about it later if it becomes a problem but it is easier said than done!!

Nicky - good luck with the teething!

Sacha - good luck with the rolling!

Mel - I agree with netball, its ruined me! Hope you are feeling ok and i am sorry you are missing DH so much!

Jem - hope the lunch with your mum goes ok!

Well i am having one of those mornings...the more you need your baby to sleep because you are going out and don't want them to be grumpy, the less they do!

Happy voting!
    Last edited by Megan76; November 24th, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Hi all

V with the lump I have had what feels like hard sections and they can be really noticible when you bump your boobs. xavier kicks mine while on the change table ('cause i'm short) and it kills. I give my boobs a good rub at least once everyday. If I find anything like that I make sure that I feed xavier on that side first, and really make sure he empties it. if the lump didn't dissapear quickly I would go to the doc, but I haven't had to do that yet.

Em, I think it would be hard to work in the next room. Just think everytime you heard your bub cry you would want to comfort them because you know just how to do it perfectly, but you wouldn't be able to. I'd probably start leaking or crying or something then.

Raels, Until I had Xavier I never considered the time you have to decide to have no more children. I'm now starting to realise that it will be a very difficult decision. I would love more kids and I only hope that the decision of the last baby isn't too hard. I often forget just how good xaviers sleeping is. but the days do sometimes get long. Today was a "no sleeping mummy!" day.

Mel, oh Cmaelias. I hope you have a water takn so you can keep them alive. Very thirsty plants and they like a partly shady spot. They will look lovley once grown though. Hope your foots healing well.

Sasha, I don't know. I'm sure it won't be long before she's a champion roller. So try not to stress, although it's very hard not too.

Nicki, Lach could have been having teething symptoms for weeks, that might explain his fussy eating. if he's jaw hurt iykwim. Hopefully he will get his teeth and return to your happy go lucky boy again.

V lol on voting on sunday.

Tracey, thanks. looks like I'm just going to have to rpovide extra everyday, but because it's a child care centre i will have to provide it all defrosted. How old wa indah at the time? I will have to start recording our feed times i think and work out what he's doing now. That might help me understand how much he needs each day, then i can plus 1 feed.

Jan, I here you, i'm still loooking for that little key that you turn in their back like the educational ones the use at schools, that fixes everything that little key.
    Hey seriously though I'd be happy with a mute button, have you tried a universal remote

Well i;m tired, but i've been feeling a little like an insomniac latley. having trouble getting to sleep, and then waking up really early. Peeved with nathan at the moment. I think it's because i don't see him all day and when he does come home he sits and plays on his computer. Seriously the game he plays is as boring as all hell, can't he just make conversation etc. doesn't he realise i'm stuck at home everyday with a 3 month old to speak to and need to live vicariously through his day to day goings on.

anywho, gotta go, got a craving for orange drink (the stuff that's all watered down). :lol; I have more cravings when I'm not pg.

night all

happy election day!!
    Last edited by kungfubecca; November 24th, 2007 at 10:21 PM.

Megan76 Guest

WARNING - MOTHER IN LAW WHINGE!!

Yesterday DH ran into his mum when we were on our way out in seperate cars...she was on her way to our house but we were going to my parents place. Anyway, he pulled over and they had a chat and he told her how we had bought a new pram and had walked Lucas down to vote in it and he was fine (YAY!!). She had bought the other pram so DH said her tone and expression just changed and she started saying "so the one i bought wasn't good enough?" and "well you can sell it and give me my money back". He explained it was only temporary cos he wouldn't go in the other one. She said "well i guess its official then, he is just a sook!" If i had have been there i would have slapped her! She also said that we mustn't get him out enough cos of his people phobia and that she knows someone with a baby the same age as Lucas who will just go to anyone etc etc etc. She has 4 kids, doesn't she know they are all different. I AM SO ANGRY! All this in a conversation on the side of the road. She is supposed to babysit next weekend and i don't want her to now.

Thanks for the vent GRRRRRR!

Morning everyone!

Megan - MIL's are ARGH arent they! So frustrating. I guess I am lucky cause Jason doesnt see his mum much, I think since we have had Avaleigh she has come over 4 times! I cant believe the comment about Lucas being a sook - thats just not called for!

Question for everyone. Who would you prefer to babysit your baby - MIL or your own mum? I prefer my own mum. My mum asked me why is it that myself and my sister would want her to babysit all the time. I just put it down to that I know how she raised me and thats how I want my baby to be raised. If that makes sense! Do other people feel the same way?

Rebecca - good luck with getting Nathan off the computer! I just dont think guys get it. Jason is the same, he will come home and sit in front of the TV cause he's had a hard day at work. And good luck getting a conversation out of him at dinner time!

I had to pick my mum up from the airport last night at 11pm cause dad had to go to work! So feeling a little tired today. Avaleigh is asleep so I should jump in to bed but I really need to wash my car. I dont think its been washed for 4 months and I could barely see out the back window last night!!

We are going out for a family picnic later. I cant wait!! Things have been busy with the wedding plans and backyard and Jason working that I called a family day again.Its a bit cloudy outside so I hope the sun comes out later.

Well better wash my car while Avaleigh is still asleep.

and OMG 3 weeks today until my wedding!!!

Hi Megan - gosh MILs can be insensitive cant they. I know it is easier said than done but dont let what she said worry you - her comment was so not called for. You have to do what is right for you and Lucas and if that meant getting a new pram well too bad I say. I think it is amazing how MILS have an uncanny knack of saying things that annoy.

V - I would definitely rather my mum look after the kids than MIL. For me it is just that I know my mum better than my MIL (obviously LOL) so I feel more comfortable knowing she has the kids and my mum knows the kids routines (and respects them) and like you said I know I want my children raised the way she raised me. MILS are funny things and that is putting it politely LOL. Enjoy your picnic.

Me - well I had dinner with my birthmother and it went really well - I always stress myself out beforehand and it always ends up being really nice catching up with her - although I feel like we spent most of the time chasing Jesse as we were at a house that had lots of nice things about and I was worried he would break something! I had two glasses of Moet over dinner and today I feel like I have a hangover - how sad is that - two glasses and I am a wreck. We have a 1st birthday party to go to today so I had better get some energy happening!!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Jem

my little girl has been such an ANGEL today!! I managed to wash and vacuum my car this morning and didnt even hear a cry from her while she slept and played. And now she has been sleeping for nearly 2 hours and she is sleeping on her side!! She must like that position. So its been a very relaxing day! We havent gone out for your picnic because the weather isnt very nice but its OK, atleast its just been us at home and not all of Jason's mates too.

Oh and I have a WOOHOO!! I am now down to the weight I was when I got pregnant. YAY!! So that is 20kg GONE!! It took 4 months and lots of hard work but its sooo worth it. Now to lose another 6 kg and I'd be better than ever!

Megan76 Guest

How did you go Em? Is Tom safely back in your arms?

V - well done on the weight loss!! The time is going to fly till the wedding!!

Jem - I'm glad dinner went well! Dont worry, i always feel drunk these days after one drink!!

Still mad at MIL...was going to hide under the bed with Lucas if she turned up today, but she didn't thank god!!

Who's going to win idol????

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast