Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Zyons had 1 snotty nose, which lasted maybe 24 hours? Not sure V, possibly the creche at the gym?

Raels they are roughly $17-$27 each, but resell really well 2 & I am onto bubs #2 with my Modern Cloth... So it works out really well!

Hi all!
    How are we?
    Hope ur all going well, havebeen quite busy today and havent had a chance to read through.
    I just had to get something off my chest in the hopes it will stay off for a while...

I want to get preggers again!!! I never thought I would want to so bad, but I really want to have another bubba! I don;t know if It's cos I enjoyed my pregnancy, ( yes even with the horrid morning sickness and the pain and agony of my pelvis..... oh and I nearly forgot the labour!)or if it's cos I just really want kids.
    Adam and I have always said 2 kids, no more then 3. I don;t know if we can afford it:S. I keep telling myself, it's too soon. I want my kids to be close in age, but do I want them this close?
    We are not actively trying. Thankgoodness says Adam. lol
    He doesnt really want to talk #2 till Lach is 12 months old. I just don't know If I can wait another 8 months. I know in the scheme of things its not long....

grrr... stupid head! Stupid hormones!
    I don't want to try. not quite yet. I keep thinking how awesome it would be to be preggers again, and have another bubba. I miss Lach being brand new.
    He just keeps growing so fast! New things everyday and I can't keep up.
    I don;t know if I want more kiddies for the right reasons? I don't know if its just a phase.
    I havent said anything to Adam yet, I will soon. I really want to make the most of Lach being so small and being the only one, but I dont want him to be lonely. And I dont want him to be a spoilt little bugger either! I want him to learn to share from an early age. Theres only 17 months between me and my sister, so I cannot remember ever being lonely or alone. I always had someone to play with, and It honestly has never affected me. I know that some people say that having another kiddie so close can make the first child feel a little left out... but I don't ever remember feeling that way.

I was never overly clucky. I knew I always wanted kids. I never knew exactly how many, and we didnt have any probs conceiving. I am worried that if we do leave it too long that it will be a prob.
    I don;t know. So many thoughts running thru my head.
    Does anyone wanna talk some sense into me?
    When does everyone else want to TTC again?

cheers

Hi all,

V Changes in the weather quite often make bubs sick. there isn't a huge amount you can do to stop it. Don't worry it will soon be hot all the time
    My rocking motion is a sitting form one, I kinda rock from one bum cheek to the next while going shh and quite often holding a dummy in his mouth. Nathan tries to stand or walk and bop at the same time. It just doesn't work. One day I thought he was actually working out what I did but he was just being rude to me.
    With the vaccinations best talk to the MCHN as the rotovirus does have to be done a specific times.

Raels the booby milk can't hurt I loved that birth story that's why I had to share with everyone after I read it. Everyone needs to go and read it.

Nicki, I would dearly love to have another bub and some days I think I would love to be preggo again now and then my common sense kicks in.
    1)Sometimes I have bad days now, I can't imagine having these days while tired/sick and in pain of being preggo (and I didn't have a rough time
    2)I can't imagine having those bad days again while still having a very needy and possibly in 9 months time very active little boy to chase as well.
    3) $$ we want to build a house and will never get one if we do have #2 too soon.
    There are probably lots more cons and heaps of pros to having another bubs now but when I sift through these things in my head I realise that i'm not physically or emotionally ready for another.
    You need to sort through your own pros and cons with adam, write them down if it helps if at the end of it all you still want another bub asap go for it!!

hehe I just told Adam and the look of horror on his face was priceless!!!
    lol
    Hes def not ready yet.... but at least I have planted the seed in his mind!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

hello strangers long time no chat - i really need to be more organised so i can get on here more and have a proper convo and not just a passing comment here and there - now i haven't had much of a chance to read through everyones comments so not a lot of personals but i'll do my best

v - michael has a snotty nose at the moment but i think it my have to do with his teeth moving around with the whole ear nose and throat connection - talk about one cranky little man - i'm starting to long for the days when he slept for 20 hours a day how horrible of me - also i was told to wait the full two mths - we were away when michael was due his 4mths and i thought of getting them about 4 days before we left but was advised it's better to wait til we got back - then there's no chance of double up, overdosing or other adverse affects - but if your really concerned just ring your gp or immunisation hotline

nicky - ah to be preg again - i loved being preg sooooooo much that i can't wait either - the only thing stopping me at the moment is my up coming wedding and everything i've paid for already - luckily by the time the wedding s over with michael will be around the 8-9 month mark and we were thinking of trying again when he was about 12mths so it's forcing us to stop and think.....

well over the last week me and my little my went to newcastle so he could meet his grand parents (my mum and dad) and other extended family members - we had to fly from townsville and he was an angel - i had ppl coming up to me as we weere getting off the plane saying they dident realise i had a baby with me and how good he was - and with meeting soooooo many new faces i was stressed to the max as to how he was going to be and my little champ took it all in his stride and smiled and giggled and hugged to his hearts content - i must admit that there were times i felt like i was only there to transport michael around and nothing more but that disappeared onnce i realised i actually had time to myself for more then 1/2 and hour a day and that i too was on holidays - my mum was more then happy to take care of things and of course the inevitable farewell was made ten times worse because of this - but it's now back to the daily grind - i hope i can get on here more often now

hope to catch up soon

hey everyone!

Its so late but I am still awake. I am very tired tho!! Just got some stuff off the net to re-do Jason's dreads. I've decided to take on the hard task of combing out his dreads and re-doing them. OH what have I gotten myself in to??!! They are looking shocking at the moment and needs to be done.

Nicky - Im thinking of TTC when Avaleigh is maybe 15 months. Jason would want to straight away!! LOL I loved being pregnant but I am loving getting my body back in to shape.I want to be better than my pre-pg weight so I am focusing on that and I am loving just having one baby - two would be SO hard!

Jo - mum's are great huh! In the early days Avaleigh was very colicy and wouldnt sleep during the day so I used to hang out at mum's house and all I needed to do was feed her and mum would do the rest (change nappy and burp) Its not like that any more tho! LOL

thanks to those that told me to wait the two full months before getting the next shots. It makes sense and I should have thought of that! LOL Hmm she is due for her shots the day Jason's grandparents come to Perth..

I have a question to those mum's that have you bubby on some solids. When do you give them it? Like, in the morning, lunch, or afternoon/evening??

Well I better get off here and get to sleep! Busy day tomorrow like usual...

Hi Everyone.
    Just a quick post, I will be gaone for 10 days so no BB for me. But cause its our first holiday as a family.
    I have packed, well, just about everything that Kaetlyn owns, with the exception of her cot and change table
    We had Photos with santa today. Kaetlyn was very good. she didnt smile for the camera but she didnt cry either! She has this stunned look on her face. We picked the photot where she is pulling on Santas beard and he is discretly pulling it out of her hand, I think he was hurting him by pulling it
    Well I'm off. its very late and I have to be up early.
    Bye
    Oh and thanks for the info on weather In Qld Gals

Hi ladies

Its pretty late but its been a very "pull all my hair out" few days here, and ethan is finally asleep So im here to wind down so i can sleep!!
    Ethan had his needles on wednesday and im not sure what was in them but he has turned in to a very grumpy little boy!! He has been feverish since and his temp was still up tonight so im hoping he will wake up without one in the morning. He keeps crying in his sleep to and i wake up everytime, grrr! I dont go to him though as its only for 30secs or so and he stops.

Well i had the first prospective buyer come look at the house on wednesday and he seemed very interested, so thats great, worst thing was he is not from here so they could only give an hours notice, i could have said no but really want the house to sell quickly so i said yes and had to run around like a headless chook to get the place presentable! Dh comes home tomorrow night, and we will be signing the contract for the new house on saturday, YAY and then going away next week to meet with a finance company. We are also going to perth saturday afternoon as we have a christening to attend (Dh is godfather) on sunday, so i wont be around until monday night as we will get home on monday just in time for me and ethan to make it to mothers group. I have got my glasses now, Woo Hoo i can see again! I didnt actually realise how bad my eye's had gotten until i put them on and it was like OMG I can see Lol!

Sara- How cute re Kaetlyn and Santa! Hope you all enjoy your first family holiday. I was the same with the packing when we first went away, it was only for two days and i packed enough for a month!!

Veronica- Goodluck with the dreads, its a long hard job hey! I stopped giving ethan solids for a weeks as the health nurse scared me but ethan is ready and eats with no problems so have just started again tonight, he had carrots! I give them to him in the evening before his bath, and only a little bit, he would eat the lot if i let him!

Jo- Welcome back to you and Michael Glad you enjoyed your little holiday. I agree that mums are great, i think i would have gone mad if mum wasn't around in the first 3 months!

Nicky- Lol at the look on Adams face! When Dh first suggested TTC again i was the one with the priceless look on my face, mind you Ethan was only 4wks old!! My answer the was "Uh yeah right, i think not"! As you know though we are TTC again but we discussed it alot and made sure it was the right thing for us and as we had so many problems TTC ethan we decided we would start. So if we dont get pregnant straight away we wont be disappointed but if we do we will be over the moon. Im not charting, Temping or checking for ovulation etc, so if it happens it happens sort of thing. Hope you come to a clear decision soon

Tracey- You have some gorgeous MCN's, my first choice when pregnant was cloth and i went and got heaps of the Old style flats and it just never happened Hopefully its different with Bubba #2!

Raels- Lol at Lexxen wanting a mobile phone for christmas! Did you find an mp3 player? I love the name Lexxen btw

Ok, everyone else HI and i hope you are all well Im off to bed now so if i dont get back on here before saturday i will be back monday night. Oh so much to do between now and then.

Hugs to all. Me and Ethan will miss everyone, hehe!

RAELS... I remembered now... Google baby soft landings!!!!!

I love my MCN!!! I used the bright bots terry flats with Maddy every day & night til she was toilet trained, including whilst travelling in Bali... I simply handwashed every nappy after taking it off & left them out in the sun to dry!!! Havent been so strict with the other 2, thye've had their bums in sposies on occasions!!!

Ok gotta run, got a special day today!!!!
    Last edited by Tracey; November 23rd, 2007 at 06:32 AM.

What is today Tracey? I had a look at your ticker, is the Maddy's Birthday????

OMG, I have been trying to keep up with everyones talk, but you ladies get away from me sometimes.

Doh, I knew if I jumped on here the babies would sense it and wake up, gotta run. BBL..............

LOL, Nope her b'day is Monday having her party on Sat night!! A special BBer is popping over to take some piccies of the kiddies so Maddy's having a sickie! Mum is desperate to know why Maddy isnt going to school & thinks we are picking up DH's youngest bro from the airport today! We have let her run with that!! As I am hoping to get some pic's of the kids for her b'day in Dec! Hee hee! We all HATE suprises & usually wreck them by NEEDING to know & then arguing as noone will tell etc, so it gets told & then it's no longer a surprise!

Poor Maddy was in at Mum & Dads y'day after school talking & the 2 of them (Mum & Dad) were harassing her & offering her $$$'s to find out what the secret it!!!!

LOL, what a lovely idea Tracey. I'm planning on doing something similiar for my parents. Getting my sisters to give me a photo of their families along with ours to put in a 3 pic frame. Although we don't have a photo of the 4 of us yet, and DH is now overseas. Might just use a wedding shot until he gets back and we get one. Let us know how it goes.

DH doesnt know either & it's his B'day on the 13th Dec!! So I am sure we'll get some good shots! Indah just ate a pkt of Sultana's at once & has dribbled saliva & sultana juice all over her clean clothes, will wait now & change later!!!

Hi girls - well i am going to start this off by having a little sook.. DH and i are going to a wedding tomorrow so Tom is having his first overnight stay with his Aunty Deb. I have been so looking forward to this wedding - getting hair and makeup done in the morning, new (gorgeous!!) dress, staying in a hotel, catching up with lots of old friends.. but i am so upset about leaving T. I have been on the verge of tears since yesterday. I know he will be fine and my sister is like the Supernanny and i know it will be lovely to have some real adult time with DH... but i am so sad. i know you girls will understand so i thought i will just get it out and hope i feel better by tomorrow. DH has also organised what he thinks is a secret champagne breakfast - the lady rang the house to confirm yesterday - and all i can think is how quickly can we leave in the morning to get home to bubs!!

Tracey - your comment about your parents offering Maddy $$ for her secrets made me laugh. i constantly try to bribe my niece with money. i think she is onto me and will increase her prices soon. 50 cents doesnt go too far these days!

Veronica - you were asking about sick bubs. Tom hasnt been but a girlfriend of mine who has a baby similar age to ours gets sick alot. i think she has had about 4 colds so far - and she is breastfed too, so i think she will just be one of those kids.

Hi Jo! Great to hear from you. i was thinking the other day that you hadnt been around. Great to hear the holiday went so well and that Michael was an angel.

Jessikah - good luck with all your house plans. Busy girl! Tom went psycho after his needles too, poor little bugger. You feel so cruel doing it but i guess its all for the best. He had no reaction from 2 month needles so this was a bit of a shock.

Sara - hope you have a great holiday. I totally get the packing thing. Tom is going overnight and you should see all the stuff i have packed! I have put it down to him being a spewer so he goes thru lots of clothes. i need to get organised with Santa photos. Tom has a little Santa suit that i am going to dress him in. DH is mortified but i think it will be cute. i am trying to get some of my own photos of him so i can organise to do a xmas card but everytime i get the camera out he gets this dopey look on his face and wont smile.

Megan - what is your surname so i can add you on Facebook? i think you may have put it on here before but it would take me days to go back thru all our posts! PM it to me if you dont want to say - or tell me to go away if you dont want to add me . Hope you and Lucas are well.

Well i think that is everything. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and will catch up with things on Monday. Oh, i forgot to mention - Tom has started sucking his thumb. LOUDLY. He had people in the supermarket yesterday in hysterics slurping away. Ok, better go pack and paint my nails and fake tan and all the things i havent had time to do since having a baby!!

Em, dont stress, Maddy & I were never apart til after her 3rd b'day, even then it was ONLY over night & I'd pick her up at 8am from Mum's! Then she started wanting to stay at my sisters, so I had to let her. Then in school holidays last year she wrnt for 5 nights to my cousins & I called her 3 times every day! lol she was 8!
    Then they had her school camp earlier this year & it was 2 night, with no contact, I was a bit stressed!
    Indah has slept twice ever at my sisters (once for our wedding anniversary & the other when I had Zyon!)other than that she's always been with us.
    Zyon hasnt been baby sat yet! lol

see we are all over protective nut jobs! lol

Morning all,

MM, that's great that you had a little holiday. I bet your mum and dad were wrapped to see michael. I'm sure he would have got spoilt rotten.

V, that's another thing I want too, I would like to be lower than pre-preg weight and I would like a little muscle definition in my mid section before I go back again.

Sara, I hope your holiday is good. lol on the santa photo pic. Was it one where santa would hold her or did you have to be in the photo too? some of them are really picky about that now they don't want to be accused of anything untoward.

Jessikah, I hope Ethans better today, poor little poppet did he get a fever with the first lot of needles?

Tracey / Mel, Photos are the best present 'cause you know they want them and you'll def get your monies worth. Although I think I've overdone photos in the last couple of years so I'm taking a break from anything professional this year. Might try and get some done when Xavier is 1 and hopefully smiling for next year.

Em, Hugs, I understand exactly how you feel, we had a wedding last weekend and one next weekend as well, but both are local and I want the baby sitters (gran or nan) to stay at our house so they can go home and I can have my bub in the same house as me. With me I'm not leaving him overnight with anyone. I want as much time with me as possible before we go into full time child care in january, so I'm hoggin him as much as I can.
    I'm also trying to make it know that he will not be passed around like a xmas version of pass the parcel this xmas.

Well, my little man was very kind to me today. he woke just before 6am which I'm fine with, and fed and then went back to bed. I drifted in and out of sleep, heard nathan leave for work around 8 and thought hmm, he's normally awake by now, but went back to sleep myself. 10 past 9 I woke up and sprung out of bed because Xavier very rarely gives me this sort of sleep in. I ran into his room, accidentally bashing his door against the change table which jolted him awake and he shut his eyes again and went back to sleep lol. So now knowing that he was fine I went and had a shower. He slowly woke and started chatting to himself.
    So there is my proof of being an overprotective nut job.

I have to say I am loving this wake up and chat to yourself business rather than the crying.

Well it's a little bit of a boo hoo for me today I'm going into work this afternoon to tell them officially that I will be back as at the 7th of January. My childcare placement has been approved I've got full time care. I can see it now I will be more upset than xavier. the care starts on the 2nd of January so I'm planning those 3 days to be our trial run so I can work out this expressing thing where we can take in more milk or ease him into it if necessary. Nathan is on holidays then so it will be good we can do a couple of things together like lunch and go to the movies.

Tracey Question for you: When you expressed while you were at work how did you go with knowing exactly how much milk to leave. Did you always leave more than what indah would drink? I'm planning to have a freezer full so that we have a buffer for the first few weeks, and I won't be too far away from the Child care center if they run out I can go and feed him but I really want to get my head around this, and it's sending me mental not knowing what's going to happen.

Morning everyone!

I;m quite busy today (surprise surprise!) Trying to get my house all cleaned up so I can get outta here and go to the shops to get my SS presents and I got a few other errands to get to too and I told dad I would pop in to see if the house needs a clean - mum has been away in sydney visiting my sis this week and dad's been busy with work so being the good daughther I am, I will clean the house. So its a busy day and its going to be a hot day!

Anyway, there was a reason I popped on this morning.. I just knocked my right boob and I felt a really hard lump that is quite sore to touch! This morning Avaleigh fed on my left side and then I expressed 15 mins from my right side and got 100mls, which is 10mls more than normal. Not a lot I know LOL! Anyways, its the first I have had this kind of lump after expressing. Do you think I just didnt get all my milk out or do you think it could be a blocked duct?? I am going to make sure I rub it at the next feed to see if it comes down...

Veronica - about a week or so ago i had the same problem - a hard sore lump. I went to dr and he refered me for an ultrasound saying it may have been a 'lactaction cyst' - dont know if this is the same as blocked duct - and would maybe have to get it drained with a needle if it was filled with fluid. It actually went away over the weekend by itself so he cancelled the app and will just keep an eye on it. If it doesnt go away in the next day or so, maybe you should book into see dr (if you have time with everything else you are doing!! Do you want to come clean my house please?).

Becc - thanks for your kind words. I am looking forward to the wedding but why oh why did they have to get married up in Mornington and not just at home?? . Good luck with going into work. My nephew has been in childcare since about 4months old and he is such a happy confident kid who makes friends really easily. My sister cried when she left him there on the first day and she only works in the next room.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast