Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

Danielle, Kaetlyn does the same- she started with sleeping on the side, now its on her stomache. Every night I worry about it. Sids reccomends 'putting them in the cot on their backs to sleep' however, after much research, there is really nothing that can be done.
    So I place her on her back to go to sleep, then when I go to bed, I turn her back over from her stomach, but before I even leave the room every night without fail, she is on her front again.

Hi Guys
    I was a big stress ball when Autumn started sleeping on her stomach and, like you say,there is nothing you can do once they learn to roll, but I will say that the Angelcare movement monitor really gave me peace of mind (and still does). It is so sensitive and will sound the alarm if any breathing is not detected after 20secs. I wondered how well I could trust it but it goes off every time she wedges herself right up against a corner or side where the monitor mat can't detect her. It is expensive and not 100% foolproof (there are certain things that it will confuse as a baby movement eg. ceiling fan draught) but once you sort all that out, honestly it's so relieving to know you've done as much as you can to monitor your newly tummy sleeping bub.

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. All the best for 2008!

Well, I have been MIA recently as we've just come back from New Zealand. We went there for Christmas and got back yesterday. We stayed with my family, which was quite good (grandparents and uncle looked after Diana occasionally ). The first few days there, it was freezing. It was like winter, which was not so good, but eventually it fined up, which was lovely (although the sea was still too cold to swim in, etc). Diana got lots of presents and was generally extremely well behaved. The only problem was that the change in climate (warm and humid in Sydney to dry in the airplane, to harsh and dry and windy in Wellington) played havoc with Diana's skin. Poor thing got a rash all over her face and her nappy rash flared up something chronic. Hopefully now that we're home it will settle down.

On the 27th of December, Diana had her Christening. It went really well. It was a warm day, so she could wear the dress I'd bought for her without too many layers underneath. She was very well behaved throughout the whole service and didn't cry when the priest poured water on her head. She merely looked at the water curiously, lol. It was so cute. I had been practicing pouring water on her head in the bath and shower in preparation for this, so the training obviously paid off. At the end of the service, when the priest said the final blessing, Diana responded by blowing a loud raspberry, causing all of our guests to laugh. (As we had our backs to them, some didn't know if it was Diana or her godfather/uncle who had done it ) So all in all, it went very well.

DH and I went out to a nightclub on New Year's Eve, leaving Diana in my parents' care. This was the first time that we had ever left her, so it was a bit of an anxious moment. Still, we needn't have worried. She slept the whole time we were out and awoke for a feed about 5 minutes after we got home. So a great start to the new year. On New Year's Day, we took Diana to the beach (not to swim - too cold), and showed her waves and rockpools. On the drive home, we saw some dolphins in the bay (well, DH did, I only caught a glimpse, as I was driving and had to concentrate on the road and there was nowhere to stop).

We got back to Sydney yesterday, and are now in the process of unpacking and getting ready to go back to work, etc. I have decided to only do temp work for the next few months, as I am still finding the idea of a permanent job a bit stressful. I have an interview for a part time temp position tomorrow, so hopefully it will work out. Fingers crossed. Please send me your good vibes.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I have been so busy recently that I haven't yet had time to read all the posts. Happy 6 months to Jack and all the other bubbas who have just passed/are approaching their first half year mark.

Danielle, Sara and Sacha - re babies sleeping on their tummies - the way I understand it is that you are supposed to get them to sleep on their back when they're tiny and can't roll over yet. When they are able to roll themselves over (i.e. when you place them on their back and come back to see them sleeping on their front), they should be able to roll themselves back if they run into any breathing trouble, etc. So I am not to worried when Diana does it. She is currently sleeping on her tummy in the other room (although I do check in on her every 2 mins or so - but I do this regardless of what position she is in ). I just make sure that there are no pillows, blankets, toys, etc that she could wedge herself against.

Enchanted Guest

Quiet in here today

Well I thought that i had a break through with Oscar's sleeping. NOPE!! He has had 2 sleeps so far today and he went down really easily but I put him down for a sleep at 4.10 and he still is sooking on and off in his bed. He is much quieter now but no doubt soon the crying will pick up again.

Red face

OOOh Bec, I was an absolute MESS when I went back to work after having indah & my sister was her nanny, I sobbed every day for atleast 2 months!
    Which is why I decided I'd only do nights so they are all in bed when i laeve & so I am not missing anything (a bit of sleep but i can handle that!)
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! Feel free to whinge & cry in here as I have BTDT... It's so so hard (well I found it immensely painful!)
    My sister used to come & pick Indah up at 7:30am after i ahd fed her then she'd have 2 or 3 full bottles of EBm (180ml) & I'd express all day at work, then she'd wnat bobbie (mostly for comfort I think) as soon as my sis dropped her back to me at 5pm!
    So Xavier didnt really have much did he!???
    Indah & I both survived anyways as will yourself & Xavier!
    We had just bought our home & so didnt have much choice either, plus we bought a new car & Dh bught another Harley, a brand new one & sold his older one!
    It's all for the future hey!!!

Zyon's hair is growing quickly from his hair cut, he has so many belly rolls now & I weighed him at Mum's on her scales, by weighing him & I & then just myself & he's atleast 8+kgs now!
    He is just so damned aesy & happy nowadays too, has his bath at 8pm, in bed by 8:45 & wakes around 7am... He also goes into the cot during the day for sleeps wide awake & settles himself, so I am so glad he has settled down nicely from the baby we started off with!
    He just wants to stand up 24/7 so I get an upper body work out when I hold him! He goes mad in the JJ & also in the DK play thingy he got for Xmas!

Well I got my uniform ready to start next Monday night, I'm thinking it's gonna be so much cruisier than my last role!!!
    Still not really looking forward to it though!

Hope your all groovy... I will try not to get lost again!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for a while - we are moving in a week so have been really busy with the whole packing thing.

Well had a bit of a crappy xmas I'm afraid to say. Won't go into too much detail at the moment but had a huge argument with DF's family (mother and two brothers) over the way they treat Lexxen. I'm usually a very calm person and avoid conflict as much as I can but I was pushed to the limit and just exploded! I used to get on really well with DF's mum but lately she has really annoyed me. Just things like she *****es about DF to me and started to tell me how to raise my kids. Anyway, long story short, Lexxen called one of DF's brothers a 'retard' - not acceptable at all I know - but neither was the brothers way of dealing with it. Whacking Lexxen in the back with a bag of party ice.NOT ON!!! As he was crying and I was comforting him (and explaining that you don't call people retards) DF's mum is yelling at him, "oh you are just being a sook".....So I told her off, and the brother and left. The worst part was, DF did not say a damn thing!!!! I came home later but it all started again. The kids and I didn't spend xmas at home because I did not want them anywhere near Lexxen - DF told them that they had to leave but they refused to. In the end they did, but on xmas night, so Oliver didn't spend his first xmas with his dad. We can never get that back but I was torn - Lexxen had to listen to them say some really horrible things about him and I felt it was best that he was with people who loved him, so we spent the day at his nan and pop's.

So as you can imagine, things are not too good between DF and I. If there is one thing you don't do, its come between a man and his mother!!! But I'm not asking him to choose or take sides - I just want him to see that it's a matter of right and wrong. It is hard enought to raise kids without everyone else putting there 20 cents worth in. I will admit, I have had some problems with Lexxen but he is no worse than any other boy his age. We have issues with him due to his relationship, or lack of, with his biological father. But DF and I have worked really hard with him and things had improved so much, but now I feel like it's all been undone.

Thanks for reading that, sorry it must all sound a bit out there cause I've left out a lot but if I didn't it would go on for days!!

Not sure what DF and I will do - maybe we will try some councelling. I love him and my heart is breaking.

My little Oliver is doing really well. He is almost sitting by himself, and I think some teeth are on there way! Everything he does at the moment is so cute....oh and I swear he said mum mum the other day. He is growing up so fast. It is so amazing, he looks exactly like Lexxen when he was this age - weird because they have different dad's and Lexxen is a spitting image of his father. I guess he must have looked like me as a baby, and Oliver must too.

We are going to a wedding on Saturday in NSW. Hopefully we will make it as they are predicting floods. It's my neice who is getting married and she's also having her kids naming day ceremony. Geez it makes me feel old that my niece is getting married - and before me!

Well sorry for the selfish rant. I have been reading everyday, just not posting.

Hope you are all well

Raels. xxoo

Hi everyone my bub Sara was born 23/7/07, we are new to BB and just wondering if we can join in your group, Sara has an orientation day for family day care next Friday as i am going back to work at end of Jan 3 days per week. She is fully bf and has sleeping issues so am very nervous about it all. Hope i can join you all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Enchanted Guest

Welcome to BB and our baby buddies group!

That's no good about Sara's sleep issues.... feel free to vent about them in here. Hope to see you around the forums

Hi Inlove,
    Welcome! We are a chatty bunch, some more than others
    I love the name of your daughter, Sara Thats my name! Do you pronounce it Sara or Sarah? I am pronounced Sarah.

Hi everyone, have just set up a new computer at home, so am fiddling around with it!
    Will read back on posts when I am not so tired!

Snap Danielle!!!!

Hi Blueflower we pronounce it Sarah too. Your photo is soooo cute will have to work out how to make one for Sara

Hi inlove, and welcome to BB. You will love it, but beware, it is very easy to get addicted to this site. I'm sure you'll find it very helping and loving as well. Everyone on here is great. Good luck with the childcare. I'm thinking about putting my DD in there for 1 day a week when she turns 2. Will be interested to her how you go.

Raels, OMG what an aweful time for you. I don't blame you for putting your foot down with your MIL. That is terrible that she speaks to your son like that, I wouldn't take any of it either. I'm sorry you didn't have the first christmas with Oliver the way you planned. But it's like you said it's better your children having one around people who truely love him. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding next weekend. Where is it surrposed to flood, in NSW? I hope not, we are driving to Campbelltown next wednesday night to visit my DH family. I hate driving in the night as it is let alone in the rain aswell. Oh I hope it's not raining. Don't feel bad about the vent either, that is what we are here for. I just hope your DF wakes up to himself and realise that you were just being pretective of your child, any mother would have done the same. And as for his mother, hopefully she will come to her senses to about the whole situation.

Sara, what type of computer to you have?

Tracey, Zyon is such a little cutie. I can't believe how much hair he has. Charlee is envious he he . We still haven't had to get her hair cut. It's just starting to grow at the back now. I can't wait to be able to use a clip or put it pigtales. Did the girls have the same sort of hair when they were young?

Danielle, how is his sleep going?

Hi to eveyone else. I'm up at this crazy time, not to my babies, but to much mums stupid dog. We are puppy sitting it while she visits my sister in Mt Isa. It's driving me insane and we have only had it since yesterday. I know she would just be missing my Mum, but bloody hell. Last night i took her downstairs and outside for a wee, as she starting to whinge, and she took off, running around the house like a mad thing, none stop for 1.5 hours. I couldn't leave her down there, as DH was on night shift and would be coming home early in the morning, and she would run out onto the busy road as soon as he opened to garage door. So I was outside trying to catch her until 11pm. arrrrhhhhh!!!!!!

Mel, Yeah both girls had lots of hair when born, Maddy's did fall out while we were in bali for 3mths, Indah hasnt had a haircut either but it's a bit wavy & when wet down to her bum! Ewww on being up to a dog!!! LOL

Raels... OMG... I get REALLY angry when ppl interfere (like your MIL) our babies all cry more/less & for different reasons all the time it's noone elses place to cpmment, who knows if the child is having a bad day or whatever!??? Calling a child a sook is stupid & your MIL is a tool for making any comments!
    Maddy has a different Bio father too (we have no contact at all) but if my Dh & his family couldnt accept her & treat her the way I would expect any child to be treated with love, respect & TLC, then we'd not have got together! My Il's treat maddy just like their own grandchaild, she is no different, if anything she is REALLY close to them all... Loves spending time with the whole family in the village etc.. I'd explain that to your DF, that when you 2 made a commitment to each other that it meant him taking on Lexxen as his own & treating him the way he would his own kids & his family need to do that too... Maybe you could contact his Mother & explain that you agreed that Lexxen was in the wrong for what he called DF's bro, but that her interfering was not needed you had it under control & that df's bro shou;ldnt ever hit him... Maybe try to smooth it over?
    Good Luck!

Inlove welcome to BB, I go bacl to work on Monday...... eeeeek!

Enchanted Guest

Morning everyone!!

Raels- What a terrible time you had Xmas day you poor thing I am glad that you took a stand though because otherwise it won't ever get any better. I hope things with your DF improve soon, I'm sure they will sweet. Hope you have a great time at the wedding and that there is no flooding.

Mel- What a nightmare with the dog. I wouldn't have been too impressed either! How long is the dog there for?

Well I thought we were back on track with Oscar's sleeping but apparently not He slept through the night Wednesday night then he went to bed easily for his first two sleeps yesterday then the next sleep he cried for 45 mins until he gave up. Last night I put him down around 9ish and he wouldnt have a bar of it so I got him back up and he had a shower with DH. I dresses him, gave him a bottle and he went straight to sleep However he woke at 4.45am crying so I fed him and put him back to bed and he is just stirring now.

I forgot to tell you all the other day that on the 14th Jan (so this month :P ) DH and I are taking Oscar to the RCH to see if he needs a hemet or not for his misshapen head *sniff* I was not dealing with the thought of it very well but I am much better with the idea now and I know that it's only a temporary thing whereas he will have his head for life... so I'd like it a nice even shape

Anyway that's enough from me for the minute! I'm going to clean some bottles!

Just popping so quickly, skimming over the posts. A BIG to Rael, I am so sorry you had to spend your Christmas like that. I feel for you as I can imagine how much it hurts when a grandmothers speaks that way to a grandson and then have someone whack him, with a bag of ice OMG what was going through that guys head to do something like that. I hope you and DF will be ok, its hard when its their mother and you don't want to overstep the line, but in this case you have every right to - these are your children!! I hope you will be ok and everything will be ok. Have they apologised at all?

Big hi to everyone, will be back tomorrow to do more personals - going out to Mum's today then DH and I are going to the movies (1st one in 7 months!!!).

Olivia is 6 months on Monday OMG!!! I have to book in her shots today. She has had 2 good days of taken solids which is great! Can't wait to give them to her today but I will be at the shops at the time.

Must run, have a good day all!!

Lis and Livvie xxx

Hey All! It's nice to see everyone getting back in to chat again.

Inlove - Welcome to you and Sara. It's great that you're still BF - congratulations. Try not to worry too much about Sara going into care - if you get a good feeling from her new carer and environment everything should be fine. I know that's easy to say and much harder to do! Did you have an easy birth?

Raels - So sorry to hear you've been having a stressful time, especially at Christmas. Disciplining other people's children should only ever happen when the parents don't care enough to do it themselves and only then verbally. Hitting Lexxen is absolutely not acceptable and I'm glad you didn't stand for it. Chin up about missing first Christmas with his dad - you can make up for it this year! lol at the 'mum-mum' I swear I hear that too - especially when Autie is not wanting to be in bed!

Mel - We really want to get a dog but are putting it off until Autie can walk. Couldn't imagine having to deal with a dog and one kid, let alone someone else's dog and two kids! Hope it doesn't last too long for you. Speaking of dogs, how awful was that baby getting killed? I cried - getting teary just thinking about it. They should do public service ads about family dogs and new babies like they do for blind cords and swimming pools.

Zyon looks like a gorgeous little pumpkin Tracey! You must just want to smoosh him all the time!

Oh Danielle, I hear you on the sleeping! Autumn has gone from giving me a smile and turning over to go to sleep on her own, to a hysterical mess everytime I put her down in the last few days It's really distressing and takes all my willpower not to give in. It's so hard because you start thinking that teeth might be coming or some other sort of pain and you don't want them to suffer but at the same time, teething is going to be happening for the next two years and you can't let the issue go on that long! ATM I am settling for going in a few times to calm her with hair strokes then leaving again and hoping it will pass REAL soon.

Great news about the solids Lis! How did the movies go and what did you see? Autie is having her shots next week too - 6m on Sunday - doesn't time fly?

I think I hear stirring...

Hi there everyone!
    Hope all is well.

Mel - Lach had to have an ultrasound on his head after he was born, as when I was pregnant, one of hs brain ventricles was larger than normal.
    The ultrasound showed nothing out of the ordinary, and the MCHN is continually measuring his head to keep an eye on it, but all is normal.
    It sounds like Jack was just meant to have a big head

Everyone who is worried about tummy sleeping..... I have a tummy sleeper! Lach has been sleeping on his tummy for over a month now, and he sleeps like an angel. It's what he chose to do and it works
    I did worry a little in the begining, but now I'm pretty good. We don't
    use monitors or anything, but his cot is in our room. Every night we are moving his cot further and further away from us.
    As long as you are doing all you can to not overheat bubs, and make sure there is nothing in the cot that bubs can suffocate themselves with ( oh thats a horrible thought), then it should be all good. We put Lach to sleep on his belly every night. It's the only way he sleeps on his own.
    We don't smoke. I don't use blankets as its quite warm at the moment and they aren't required. If he des get a little chilly, I put him in a light sleeping bag, eliminating the need for any blankets. He has no toys, bumpers or anything else in his cot.
    I did freak a little the first few times, and used to wake every hour or 2 to check on him... but recently I only wake when he does for a feed.
    I can't stand lying on my back. It's very uncomfy. It's probably uncomfy for Lach to, so no wonder he never used to sleep on his back.
    Lach's head control is so good that in the middle of a sleep he picks his head up and turns it over to get comfy.
    Tummy sleeping is not bad

Danielle - Good luck at RCH. I'm sure they will be able to correct oscar's probs

Jan - Sorry to hear of Liams eye dramas. No matter how big or small other people may think the problem is, us mums are always going to be upset. I hope that you can get everything sorted out with it. He's Lucky to have such a caring mum.
    Hugs

Starfish - Wow! You have had a busy one! Glad to hear Diana's Christening went well. She's obviously a cheeky little monkey with her raspberry blowing. I'm sure you couldn't have trained her to blow them at a more appropriate time. he he

Tracey - Zyon sounds like a perfect little bubba! A little jealous! lol 8+ kgs, Good job!!!!!

Raels - Sorry to hear of all your troubles. HUGS. It's not up to anyone but a child's parents to discipline a child. I would have been fuming too! Hugs hugs.

Inlove - Welcome to our group!!!! I have had a few sleeping issues with my little man, but we're getting better. Fell free to Vent here. These girls are a great bunch and they are very helpful and understanding

Happy 6 Months OLIVIA!!! yay! They are growing up so so fast! I can't beleive it!

Well this is my mammoth post for the year. lol.
    I haven't been very well myself for the last few days, but am getting better. DP is also crook. Lucky Lach hasn't shown any real signs of being sick.
    Not much else happening here.... everything's going well. Little man loves being home. He's much happier and easier to get to sleep.
    Sick of the heat here I know it's hot in Perth..... but at least theres a sea breeze! Being out in the bush, its just yukky dry heat.
    Bendigo is hot enough, but we are always a good 2-3 degrees hotter. So Lach and I have basically lived in the lounge room for the last 3 days, and I only venture out when I REALLY have to. lol
    I have even grabbed a nappy and wipes supply so that I can change the bubbas butt on the floor in the lounge room. lol
    I am not a fan of summer at the best of times.... it's so much worse when u get a COLD of all things in the middle of a scorcher.

I am loving the age Lach is now! He is such a smiley boy! He's crying much less, waking up and playing, and just a ball of fun. I wish he wouldnt get any older! lol

Anyway, enough blabber from me now! I hope I haven't given everyone a headache from all the [email protected] I have written! lol

Have a great day.

xxoo Nicky

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast