Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

Hi Sacha no i didn't have an easy birth my waters broke on the saturday morning at about 6:30 am went to the hospital and sat there for 24 hours doing all my yoga positions, aromatherapy etc trying to put myself into labour to no avail, started the hormone drip Sunday morning first thing, had a bad midwife who turned it up to quickly so went from no pain to complete agony in a couple of hours and by the time a good midwife that i knew came on at 1pm i was a blubbering mess in the shower screaming for a caesarian. My poor DH who knew how badly i wanted a natural birth was crying too. The good midwife convinced me to have an epidural which i am so glad of now as i was only 2cm dialated at the time. The rest of the day was good, great epidural so no pain and i progressed well. The good midwife got ready to deliver Sara but unfortunately she had other plans and had descended in the posterior position, they thought about giving me a C but after two lots of vaccum an episiotomy and forceps my beautiful darling girl was delivered just before 1 am Monday morning. I then had a post partuim bleed, lost 1.5lt. But all in all we came out ok and she is beautiflu and i suppose that is all that matters

Hi all,

Em, sounds like you have a little devil on your hands. Lol at leaving Tom behind when you move. You can lame the internet provider for your slow re-conectio when you move, they always make these things more complicated than they need to be.

Mel I'm going back full time next week but it's a real 9-5 job no overtime or weekends for me and I just have to stick it out so we can build and then get some $$ behin us for TTC #2 then I plan to be sahm extroadinare!!
    I think my niece has a big head but not huge, I don't think that she had tests though lol, she did take a while to crawl etc so I think her head was too heavy

Jan, I thought that bubs eyes took a few months to settle in iykwim and that they couldn't diagnose that stuff very early. I say forget about it until your next mchn appt and bring it up maybe ask for a referal to whoever you get refered to for that, hey Fran is an optometrist maybe she can give you some insite.

Tracey, how many ml's is a full bottle for you 200ml?

Raels, hugs for you and for lexxen. Coming between a man and his mother that's exactly what everyone else was doing when they were saying horrid things about your little man, so you were more than warranted in your reaction.

Welcome in love, i hope your family day care goes well, and it's ok to cry the first and second day or 2 months even. Take tissues with you. I did and needed them. Are you expressing feeds for when your not there or using formula??

Happy 6 months Olivia!

Nicki, I have a cold too, and I agree it's yuck at the moment.

Ok well us, thank you all for saying such nice things about Xavier starting childcare. I was ok during the day it was the initial part that I had trouble with. lol I was a blubbering mess the first 2 days. But day 3 I was so brave and strong today. no tears from me so I was able to actually give them some info to help him sleep. I was a little worried aout the amount he drank the first day but he isn't a big day time drinker and I did give him the top up when we got home, plus he fed twice overnight as well. yesterday he drank about 350-375 mls, which is better, so today to gauge how much i need to send each day I have sent 420ml.
    You know I have really enjoyed my last couple of days, but did feel a little sad that I didn't see him as much, esp on wednesday when he was really tired and didn't want to be put down 'cause he just felt like he wanted cuddles.

Now to see if I cry on monday after a whole weekend with him. But I think I really do love my little man more, i get excited when its time to pick him up

Hi girls,

First of all, thankyou all for your advice and kind words. It has been hard but I'm trying to stay positive. I know I did the right thing by my child. I'm not going to give up on my family - I have worked too hard to walk away now.

I changed my username - olimoo - it's my nickname for Oliver.

Mel - the floods are in Nothern NSW. They are expecting moderate flooding. The wedding is in Alstonville, near Ballina. Hopefully we will make it! Oh I just hate looking after other peoples dogs. Hope it behaves better for you!

Tracey - I'm not too sure how I will smooth things over, or even if I could. I have thought maybe writing a letter to MIL and calmly explaining my side of things. But I will be making sure they don't think I am backing down in any way. Hope the return to work goes smoothly for you. I am not even considering it for another six months or so.

Flossie - I think they would have to think that they did something wrong before they apologised. They blame me for it all. Hope you enjoyed the movie....I would love to go, even just for the popcorn! lol

Sacha - Autumns pic is just gorgeous!

Nicky - hope you and DP feel better soon!

Rebecca - exactly! why can't they see that!!! Glad to hear things have improved with the daycare. You will both be fine. You always sound like such a strong woman!!!

inlove - nice to see you in here! I think you must have posted in here last night at the exact same time that I posted in your other thread! You will love it here, all the girls are so beautiful. I only joined bellybelly a few months ago myself. It is a great support network. Looking forward to getting to know you and your DD better!

Well my little man is sleeping and my other little man is watching a movie so I'm off to straighten my hair for the wedding. I did the fake tan last night, pedicure and manicure, have a gorgeous new dress and shoes and all new makeup. I'm excited! And if we cant go because of the weather, I will get dressed up anyway and dance around the house!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Raels. xo
    Last edited by razzle; January 4th, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

oh I just want to eat him all up!!!!
    Hes such a special little man. Happily playing on his own. He's been so good while mummy's been sick.

I AM SO SO SO IN LOVE. Being a mum is by far the best thing anyone could ever do! It's my life's calling. I can't wait to have more bubbas!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Raels/Olimoo? What is happening? Now there are two of you?

Blueflower - lol, olimoo is my username now. Raels is Raelene for short. Use either name! Sorry if it's confusing...

Nicky - how beautiful!
    Last edited by razzle; January 4th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Hi Kungfubecca,
    please tell me what sort of day care you are using and how you are finding it do you have any little tips and when your little angel gets settled in how much milk you are sending or how you have worked it out, i am going to be sending ebm and am very nervous that i will not be able to keep up the supply for her. Also worried about sleep as this is a big issue for us.

Olimoo i too have in-law problems but they pale in comparison to yours my two BIL's will not touch or play with Sara and always make derogatory comments about her. I have learnt in our seven year relationship that i have to be the bigger person and just walk away which i applaud you for doing!!!!! Ultimately you have to do what is best for your children.

Niadla i totally agree i am in love, hence the name with my beautiful girl and wish that i could stay home with her forever!!! Cheers to all of us mum's for the hard work we do.

My Little Star can now sit up for short periods on her own and despite having a room full of toys is obsesed with playing with the tv remote, my mobile phone or our thongs, how bizare.
    Hope you have all had a good day, Sara has been a lot more settled today thank goodness after our two weeks of teething hell so hears hoping that we are on the road back to normality.

inlove - glad to hear Sara has had a more settling day. That's not good that your BIL's wont play with her, and omg what sort of comments?? Definitely have to do whats best for the kids!! Oliver loves our mobile phones and the remote as well. The other day at the shops DF couldn't settle him so he handed over his wallet and mobile!!! We got some strange looks but at least he stopped crying.

So great to hear you're enjoying being a mum Nicky. They definitely are lots of fun huh?

Inlove - What an experience you had! I wanted a natural birth too but ended up with an EC so I know how it feels to not have things go the way you planned. Like you say though, it's worth it in the end. Autumn also has an obsession with remotes, but DH is determined she will learn not to touch any of the electrical equipment/accessories - see how frustrating that will be for him when she can get around on her own! My niece also has a thong obsession - they make great teethers....ewww.

Thanks Raels, Oliver is a bit of a looker himself, and such knowing eyes! I hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding - lol at the house dancing. You should take a trip to the corner store too, so that people may admire the glory that is you.

Hi all,

I am just at Mum and Dad's listening to Olivia grizzle in her cot - I dread this time of day every day!!! Good news is she had ALL of her solids today!! 1 ice cube of pumpkin and 1 of sweet Potato mixed together, she loved it!!!

We are seeing the movie tonight - seeing I am Legend and so looking forward to popcorn!! Think I will get Jev to have his own bucket LOL

Everyone is so good at personals, I find it hard to keep up with everyone and when I post I hope I am not being too self obsorbed!!

When I have Olivia fully established on solids, hope that is in a few weeks, I am changing her routine to:

7am feed
    9am sleeo
    9:45-10am wake for play
    11:30 solids and bottle
    12:30 sleep
    2:30 - 4:30 play and feed (not sure what yet)
    4:30-5 sleep
    5-7pm play bath feed
    7pm sleep

Does that make sense? Its in the book I used to get her on this good routine (and to sleep through night form 7 weeks!!) Its called the contented little baby book, its really good - I don't follow it relgiously though just a guide.

argghhh Olivia is crying, I really hate this time of day I can't get her to sleep. Does anyone do the control crying? arrghghhh Mum won't help me that is why I come here to get a break but not today!!! argghh

must go - be back tomorrow and will try personals but HI TO ALL!!!

Whatever routine works for you is good I think Lis. I also have that book, it's so contraversial. Many people think it's way too structured and strict. Personally, I think it has some ideas that make a lot of sense, and others that do seem a bit too military-like for me. As for the CC I do my own version which is a little less harsh (just involves never letting her cry for more than a few minutes before going in to calm her) 5 or6 mins is the most I can hold out for. It will probably take longer, but I'm not going anywhere!

OMG I just watched a birth montage on BB for a triplets homebirth where one of the triplets get sick. I just cried and cried and as the title of the montage suggests it is serious tissue material. It is just amazing and yet so sad. Lucky no one else is home except Charlotte and she is asleep as I am a blubbering mess.
    Last edited by jemima; January 4th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Flossie.. I really like you're routine! It sounds a bit like mine..
    7am milk
    8am sleep
    9 - 10am sleep or play
    11am milk and solid
    1pm hopefully sleep
    2pm milk
    4 - 5pm hopefully sleep
    5pm solids play
    7 or 7.30pm bath
    8 or 8.30 sleep
    I would love it if she slept after her all feeds but most days she doesnt (like tonight) she wants to sleep but just keeps crying!
    I would maybe suggest maybe you feed at 5pm before a play and bath. My mum said to try and not leave there solids too late at night...

I got Avaleigh weighed and measured at baby clinic at a pharmacy yesterday and she weighs 7kg and is 67cm long. Her weight is normal for age but she is in the 90th percentile for length! And she is sitting up all b y herself now!

and she loves to smash the keyboard!

hi to everyone! Will probably be back f or pers ons als over tbhe w eekend

Bec, yep a full bottle Zyon would drink between 180 & 200ml...

we dont have a routine as such as he is demand fed & he has to get up at whatevber times I need to have the girls out, like school drop off's, pick ups, playgroups etc! so he has to fit in with us..
    But he has his bath at about 8pm (after girls are in bed we get some time to play with Zy) then he has a booby feed & goes to bed around 8:45pm...

Ideally it would be earlier biut with bathing etc Indah it's just not happening yet! Soon I'll bath them together & he will go down earlier...

I go back to work on Monday aty 8pm, so I guess things will change then...

Zyon's in a pair of size1 summer pj's! i want him to stop growing!

Hey everyone!

Jason and I have been talking about me going back to work I dont want to go but we both feel like I have to cause we need the extra money. Jason feels like his work is going to be dying down over the next few years cause interest rates are going up and less people can afford to build new homes. So getting a bit worried here. Jason has said that if things fall over in Australia we will move to NZ cause they are having a boom at the moment. Not something I want to do, but I will follow my husband where ever he goes... So, I am going to have a talk to my boss and suggest a few things to him. I only want to go back to work part time and I dont want Avaleigh going in to daycare cause whatever I earn, will go on to daycare. So my first suggestion is to do work from home, which I think can easily be done. If he doesnt like that, then I will ask to come in to work with Avaleigh. Our office is not, well was not busy when I was working, so I think that it could be possible, but he may not like the idea. If he doesnt like any of my ideas, then we'll need to think of something else!! I am going to email him now to ask to have a meeting with him.

Good luck to Tracey and Bec on your first days back at work!!

BBL to do more personals..

V, I know it's not ideal, but we all gotta do what we can to survive & to have the luxuries we all individually wnat etc... Whichj is why iam doing 4 hours a night... Could you look at doing maybe a few hours after jason is home, in a supermarket or something???
    Where I work we get a GREAT pay for the 4 hours so it's like me doing a full time job...
    Maybe you can start looking into something at night!???

It sucks but some of us just have to work!??

Yey! 6 months old today! lalalalalalaaaaa

Enchanted Guest

Happy 6 months Autumn I can't believe how quick they are growing up... it makes me a little sad I just finished my birth montage and I got all teary looking at how little Oscar once was. If you want to check it out it's in the Labour and Birth Section.

V- As Tracey said... going back to work isn't ideal but the extra $$ will be great and will make life a little easier. Shane and I haven't really discussed it as yet... I did a bit of cleaning work just a couple of afternoons a week for a month or so but I did my back so had to stop. I was going to do some more work in the mornings just before I had to stop to make things a little easier $$ wise for us but Shane wasn't too keen on the idea of me doing that much. So that made me happy but I know that somewhere in the very near future that he will bring it up If you can do work from home that will be great or even taking Avaleigh in to work. If it doesn't work out though I think Traceys idea is great.

Jemima- That montage made me cry and cry... well all of them do actually!

Well Oscars sleeping has improved a little, well it's not his sleeping as such... it's getting him to sleep! Fingers crossed we'll get there soon though. I'm very excited as we are going away in 2 weekends time to Yarrawonga! We have a friend that owns some apartments on the water up there... so it will be great to get away!!

Well I better get a move on as I have cleaned up half the house but need to do the other half *ugh* Sorry to those I have missed... will BBL

Have a great day all you gorgeous mummies and bubbas!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast