Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #14

I just witnessed Avaleigh sit up all by herself!! It looked really funny and really awkward. She did it for the first time on Sunday and Jason was looking after her. So UH OH now we've got trouble!!

Congratulations on your dive certificate V. And thanks for the heads-up about the carseat video - certainly makes you think twice.

Em can I come to your place for dinner? I love chicken and vege pie! Maybe I should get off my a$$ and make one...or buy one, more like it LOL IMO Aldi has some really really cheap stuff, but I have tried several times to do my grocery shop there and have come away without half the things I wanted. I think it would be good for a once a month stock up but I have too many 'favourites' to do it weekly. Of course, if I was serious about saving money I wouldn't be so fussy.

Jack wow! What was his birth weight Mel? I love that photo of him at 11weeks with the blue towel. And since we're all discussing your DH, he reminds me of mine, though they don't really look alike. DH is a driller on inland oil and gas rigs and the one he is working atm is right in the qld flood zone. He too has a very colourful vocab and it would be an exercise in futility to try and change that so we will just make them a no-go for children thing, same as you. So funny watching him struggle to find alternative words around my mum! LOL Good decision on the ring - what's it like?

I have had a different baby today! After days of 20min, go-down-screaming, wake up screaming naps, today she has had nearly 3 hours all up and was in bed asleep by 6.10! And been so much happier in between! I think the whole crawling thing really does affect them for a bit. Fingers crossed it's all over now! I'm going to start putting soft lumps in her solids over the next week and see how she goes. So far she has never spit even one mouthful out and even sucks it back in if some falls out! LOL

Gotta go, DH has made dinner - I'm so spoilt when he's at home

LOL at everyone checking out mels hubby!!!

I am now scared about Kaetlyns car seat, as she is not near the weight, but she was just so damn unhappy looking at the roof at sky. She is a happy little traveller now. I dont think I will check out the video, as like all things with babies, I will become paraniod!

Kaetlyn just did her first big baby poop, and man did it stink!! I saved it especially to show it to aaron! He was pleased, and laughed and said, and that was only after afout 5 teasponns of rice cereal! Not looking forward to the veges!!

I have two questions if anyone can answer them
    1. I am using MCN and was wondering what do I do with the poo's now, cause I clearly can't just put them in the washing machine
    and
    2. What do people do for babys baths now? Kaetlyn is way too big for baby bath, has outgrown her bath seat as she just sits and roll out of it. Aaron went in the bath with her tonight, lol but with the two of them it was a bit squishy (especially in him Ahm regions- and we still need them for another couple of years!). Any suggegstions would be great.

THanks everyone and have a good night

Sara, how about a very shallow normal bath that she can lie down in until she is sitting easily without help? You'd have to watch if she turned on her tummy of course. We have a molded very large bath bath that Autie can both lie back in or sit up in the other end which should be good for quite some time yet but I guess you don't want to outlay for another baby bath! Isn't there bath seats that are completely enclosed with a ring? Someone else might know...

Hi all,

Sara, sounds like your solids are off to a good start. I can imagine the funny faces. How cute on the happy half birthday song. I think if I sing that at 2.50 on Xaviers half birthday my co-workers will look at me a bit strange lol. eing tight now means that when you do go back to work it will make it easier to save for the next bub.
    Xavier sometimes has a bath where i just support his shoulders, but this i hard on my back. most of the time it is a bath or shower with one of us. showers are easy just have everything ready before hand.

Flos, it's great liv adjusted to the time difference so quickly. I heard about a bub recently that normally wakes every morning at 4am, and they went to singapore and the bub was waking at 2am which was the equivalent to sydney's 4am, and that bub was ready and rearing for the day!!

sacha, autum is one very cute little girl, love the head band.

Em, I find the Aldi nappies to be very good for little boys. and they are a great price. the wipes are also good as they aren't as thick as huggies. We like to buy their dog food too as it's pretty good quality for the price they charge about half the price of Pal. Yep I am enjoying work. I guess I do miss xavier but I don't think about it much. But i do leave a few miniutes early every day and I don't like Nathan to pick him up without me.
    xavier isn't turned around yet and already stares at nathan. He can only just see him!

mel, we have a turn a tot too, fantstic aren't they. i thought you had to have it in the upright position once you turned them around, I didn't think you were allowed to have it reclined in front facing. I lso thought that the reason behind waiting until they were older was for size/weight reasons as the bub will move differently in an accident if they are heavy rather than light?? But that really is just an assumption of mine.

I think that we will wait untill xav is closer to the 9kg wgich is what the turn a tot is rated for. i think we are also going to be starting the teething rollercoaster xavier has been gnawing in things like he has a purpose and getting anry when he does, like it hurts.

Hi girls,

blueflower - I'm not watching the video about the car seat either! I turned Oliver's around the other day as I had to swap cars with DF and wanted to see how he would go. He is much happier and I like being able to see him, although I must stop looking so much! When Lexxen was little I bought a bath seat that had like a t-bar type thing and suction caps to attach it to the bath. It was great and he used it for ages! I'm going out next week to look for one for Oliver. I'm sure they will be even better now.

Rebecca - we do the shower thing too, although Oliver doesn't seem to like it as much as he did when he was smaller.

Mel - hope you are enjoying your night and Happy Anniversary! OMG what a big boy you have! Is he still breastfed?

Veronica - Oliver started sitting by himself yesterday! And I found it a bit awkward too! It just looked so strange after seeing him on his back or tummy all these months. It's really great though, he is loving being up like that.

Well I had Oliver immunised today. We were a bit late as he was sick when he was due and with the move everything was a bit hectic. I wasn't going to get the rotavirus one but DF talked me into it. Within an hour of the needles he was really restless and grizzly. He's in bed sleeping soundly though so hopefully he will be ok.

Ok, does anyone else's partner do this? Tonight DF asked me if I knew where a particular pair of work shorts were. I told him I had washed them today and that they were on the line with a whole heap of other things. Well he goes out to the clothesline and comes back in with just the shorts!!! WTF, I hate that! Why couldn't he get everything else off as well? When I asked him this he just looked at me like I was mad! Oh well, maybe I should just take off mine and the kids stuff and leave his on there next time. lol

We had some new furniture delivered today, I'm so excited! I got a new dining table, outdoor table, new desk chair, a really beautiful bedroom setting and Lexxen got a new bed and mattress.

Anyways, I'm so tired and I really should go and get these clothes of the line before it rains! Hope you are all well!

Raels. xo

NEW JOB WORKED OUT WAAAAAAAY BETTER!!!!!!!

Woooo Hoooooo!!!!

Megan76 Guest

OMG i have concieved the devil.....deep breaths

LOL Megan - I am sure you havent concieved the devil!

Tracey - thats good that your new job is a lot better.

Raels - Jason does that too! How annoying hey. He went and got a pair of shorts off the line and I asked if he took everything else down, he said no so I sent him out there to get the rest.

Sara - I've been bathing Avaleigh in the big bath for a little while now. Just put a little bit of water in the bottom and pop them in. I just support her slightly on the back cause she sits so well. But beware, they may be stiff and awkward to start with cause its such a bigger bath!

I havent taken the dogs out for a walk this morning (tiredness from the weekend has caught up with me) and they are definitely letting me know about it!! I may take them out later if its not so hot..

Better have some breakfast and make my way to the gym.

Morning everyone! I have mums group today which is the first one i have been able to make it to since before xmas so looking forward to catching up with everyone. I am so tired today - i had to get up to Tom about 6 times last night because he keeps rolling. At one stage he was horizontal, banging his head on the bars. I have his sheets tucked in so tight i am surprised he can breathe but he is still escaping.

Sacha - the pie was beautiful but the lemon self sauce pudding i made for dessert was disgusting so it kind of balanced things out LOL! I am using my slow cooker for the first time today so the house smells like lamb casserole and its making me very hungry..

Blue - we alternate between MCN and disposable and i swear Tom saves up his massive big poo's for the cloth. I normally scrape as much as i can off into the toilet and then give them a rinse under the tap. Tracey might have some ideas for you because i think she is a bit of MCN queen.
    We bath Tom in the big bath and i just put enough water in the bottom for him to lay in - probably up to his ears when laying down and he kicks and splashes and goes nuts. Absolutely loves it! I just sit him up to wash his hair. He has actually been rolling over in the bath and lays on his tummy 'swimming' like Grant Hacket. It is funny to watch but just have to be careful he doesnt dunk the head under. I was trying to fill the bath like you would normally and leaning over and holding him in it, which killed my back and he is super hard to hold until my sister told me about how she did it for her two kids. Much easier.

Bec - thanks for the info on the Aldi nappies and wipes. I have trouble finding good wipes - its like toilet paper, it has to be just right!! I am thinking of doing a shop at ALDI once a month and stocking up on their cleaning products etc. I have heard that their laundry soaker is meant to be great and good price too.

Raels - you lucky thing with all your furniture. Happy birthday to Lexxen too - i hope he enjoyed his day. My DH does that with the washing and if he needs something out of the dishwasher, he just takes what he needs out and leaves the rest. Grrr! Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Megan - good luck with the devil today! What is he doing? Some days i think Tom is the spawn of Satan and other days couldnt wish for a better baby. I just wish i knew which day it was that he was going to be psycho so i could prepare in advance! Hope your day turns out ok

Em, have you tried a sleeping bag? I find that Kaetlyn doent move around as much when she is one.
    BBL

Yep, he has all his sleeps in a sleeping bag. He is just like this crazy obsessed rolling machine. Time to get out the sticky tape and stick him to the bed..
    Just kidding, i swear!

Megan76 Guest

definately the devil

Em, I LOVE the slow cooker - it makes balancing the cooking/baby thing so much easier because it's so 'set and leave'. I make big lots of stuff when dh is away because I can never be bothered cooking for one. Sorry to hear the sad news of your pudding - don't you hate the disappointment of a lost dessert? Autie steam rolls around her bed all the time, now with added bulldozers LOL Have you got a bumper? I use an Airwrap and mostly just let her do her thing so she gets used to it. As a few people mentioned when I asked about it a little while ago, it can take ages before they sleep in one place. Thanks for the photo comment too BTW

Thanks Bec. Can't wait til her hairs long enough to put up instead though!

Megan, I have just had about 5 days of devil baby with the angel only appearing again yesterday - you just can't second guess what these babies are going to be up to from day to day! I've made up my mind to just go on as usual and wait for it to pass. What's he doing to stress you out?

Raels, how's the little Olimoo today?

Megan76 Guest

OK the horns started to disappear around lunch time and he is much better!!

Sacha - not sure what was going on. He wouldn't go down for his morning sleep which hasn't happened for ages! It took two goes of screaming before i got him up for a bit and on the 3rd attempt he slept but woke after 40 min and was so grumpy so we went for a walk....screamed! Cut that short and came home and he was just clingy and unhappy. After a poo and some food he has settled down! Little buggers aren't they!! I am glad your angel is back!! What sort of slow cooker do you have? I'm up for anything that sounds easy in terms of cooking!!

Em - i hope satan didn't arrive for you today!! Sounds like you are having a rough time with Tom in the bed, as much as i wish Lucas would get mobile maybe its a good thing! You inspired me yesterday and i was going to make a chicken and veg pie today, then at lunch time i forgot and i had a chicken and veg 4 and 20 pie! What an idiot! I think it will be Shepard's pie now!! With the whole bath thing, can the water go in their ears?? How much do you put in? Also which slow cooker do you have?

V - well done on all the diving stuff!! You really need to stop telling us you are off to the gym, everyday it makes me feel like a lazy lump!! Avaleigh sounds like she is pretty advanced with all her antics!!

Tracey - so glad work is going well...i guess one day i need to think about going back!!

Raels - i must say my DH is pretty good with stuff like that, but i am pretty sick of the black fluff from his socks all over the bedroom floor!

Rebecca - sounds like you are coping pretty well back at work. It must be so hectic so make sure you get some time to yourself at some stage!!

Mel - hope you had a great night and got the spark back..he he

Thats all i can remember after the day i have had!

Hi Megan! Glad little Lucas is better. Mine is asleep in his sleep bag with it tucked up in the end of the cot. It was the only way i could get him to stop rolling. I had to move his bed as there is a power point underneath it that we plug his monitor into - he had rolled up there and had his hand stuck down the side of the cot, playing with the switches. I nearly died! I think he must of read your comment the other day about him being a legend sleeper and he thought ' ha, i'll show her'.
    My slow cooker is a Breville one - mum & dad gave it to me for xmas so this is the first time i have used it. I really like to cook but often things dont turn out the way they are meant to . Our old house had a tiny tiny kitchen with no bench space and an old oven that you just had to put everything in on highest setting and leave for hours, so i am having fun in the new one with a proper fan forced oven. I love sheppards pie - will have to put that down on the meal planner!
    In regards to the bath, Tom has never seemed to have any problems with water in his ears. I'm not sure how much water i put it - hopeless with measuring - probably about 10cm's or so. I cant find my ruler to check how much that really is! Just so there is enough for them to splash around in - it covers T's legs but not all his belly - that kind of sticks out of the water. It is heaps easier, and i can sit and read a mag or paint my nails so its a nice bit of mummy time!

Megan76 Guest

Thanks em! Think i spoke too soon about Lucas being better he has just screamed in his cot, seems to be quiet now but we'll see! I can't believe Tom was playing with the switches, what a clever boy, well you know what i mean. I hope the sleeping bag tugged in works!! I will try out the bath tonight, we have a real estate guy coming to value our house at 8pm so neither of us will have time to have a shower with him (lucas that is, not the real estate guy!). Think i might have to invest in a slow cooker, with lucas' dodgy day time sleeps i have no time for preparing food! Have a good night!!

Megan76 Guest

Em the bath worked a treat, thanks!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast