Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #14

Thanks Mel. I actually have a friend who used to work for trendwest so i know the deal, but i didn't think of it. we'd actually like to go a bit further afield if we can but i will definitely keep that in mind for sure. you didn't say how your study was going...

Just a quick one

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for tomorrow Mel! Enjoy your shopping spree - I am jealous (in a good way LOL)!! Also enjoy your night out - it sounds like it will be wonderful, just what you and Luke need! Sorry cant help with the EBM question - Charlotte hasnt had milk in a bottle yet (I have just been too slack to try) - but I must try her soon JIC she needs some time to get used to it beofre I go back to work. I reckon it is a great idea to see what your work say about going back part time., cant hurt to ask. Would there be anyone you could job share with - that sometimes makes it easier for bosses to say yes to part time and if not it just means you get to spend more time at home with your wonderful babies! Hope the nachos were good - yumbo now I am craving some even though it is bed time.

OMG Sacha - no Survivor that is terrible! I love survivor so I can only imagine the withdrawls you are having LOL!!

Blueflower - how did Kaetlyn go with her solids?

Em - OMG I read that post in the punching bag and boo hoo room. Embarrassing isnt a strong enough word to use for that poor girl!

Hi everyone else.
    Hope you all had a great weekend.
    take care Jem
    Last edited by jemima; January 20th, 2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: didnt make sense

Hi Ladies.
    All this talk of going back to work
    Aaron and I have decided to scrimp and let me stay off on unpaid leave till july, when my mat leave has to end. I think it will be good for us tobe on a tight budget. We did the grocieries for the next week, going to the shops with a meal plan and everything! Stupid interest rate rises as well someone should blow banks up!!! LOL at my reference to Kingswood Country, if anyone gets it!!!!

Well we have all the family for dinner tonight, and IL's gave Kaetlyn her high chair as a 1/2 birthday present!! We then sang at 8.29 happy 1/2 b'day to you!!! It was funny.

Her solids went okay. The facial expressions were interesting, I gave her about three tsp's full of rice cereal with some EBM. She was sucking on Aarons hand to help get them down, as I am not sure that she knew what to do with what was in her mouth!! Anything besides a booby that has gone in before has always come straight back out. She looked confused, thinking 'normally thay take things out of my mouth"

Well am off to play with my new photo pragram. Love this new computer!!!

Sorry Sacha, the study is going well. A little slow since christmas, but I have just started to pick things back up. I meet with my first client once school holidays are over as she has a couple in school and would prefer to meet kids free. Really looking forward to that. Fingers crossed me get along really really well, she sounds lovely. Where abouts were you looking at going?

Jem, the nachos were devine although I do now feel a little ill. Probably a good thing, so I don't want to finish the rest of the doritos off tomorrow. lol !! I agree as well, I think tomorrow night is definately what we need. I have been meaning to ask you, how is Jesse going with his talking? Charlize is still only saying single words. She has just started over the last couple of weeks to say alot more, but still not really attempting sentences (well english anyway). She can say the f and the s word well lol

Sara, glad the solids seem to be going o.k.

Bec,
    I am turning his car seat around today!
    I start (AGAIN) back at work today! LOL

It's gonna be cruisy, so Im looking forward to it!

Mel, a feed of EBM for Zyon is about 200ml!

If that helps!?

got heaps to do today..... Yes Bec ya gotta be a day ahead when back at work!

Hi all,

Just a quick one today as I am in New Zealand. Olivia was an angel on the plane, we had to stop over in Auckland so it was a long day, she only cried about 7:30pm on the plane after her bottle but I got her to sleep ok. NZ is 2 hours ahead so yesterday she was still feeding and sleeping on Melbourne time but now she is on NZ time so that is better for us! She has been an angel, sleeping all through the night and at her day sleeps even though she is in a different place and a different cot! Such a good baby.

Hope you are all great! Must run, Livvie just woke and we are going to the shops before Nan comes to visit!

Luv Lis and Livvie xx

Jem, I added a photo of little baby McEnroe as suggested - LOL

OMG Sacha - Autie is adorable with her headband! I love it!!

Thanks Jem

LOL at Charlize's vocabulary Mel! And Happy Anniversary! Hope you get yourself something shiny Would like to hear how it goes with your client and how things work - I don't know much about having a doula. We are looking at up around the reef for a holiday or maybe even o/s somewhere if there's a mega bargain and it's not a long plane flight. We really just want to test the waters with travelling with Autie as we did a lot before we had her and would like to continue. Just want to build up the tips and tricks you need to know when you travel with kids IYKWIM.

Have a great time in NZ Lis. Glad to hear Livvie is being so good for you!

Sounds like the solids went quite well for the first time Sara. She might like to suck on the spoon with some on? It's nice that you can stay home a bit longer - what a reward for your scrimping

Hope work goes well for you today Tracey.

Today I'm grumpy with a burning back, probably hormones. That's my grizzle. Autie is clawing/belly flopping her way forward instead of backward now and DH is unexpectedly home due to the floods - those are my smilies. Have a happy day everyone.

Hey everyone!

Just a quick hello from me. I am now a qualified scuba diver!! The dives yesterday were amazing. We went through caves and under ledges and saw heaps of fish. I also saw a stingray and a huge octopus! I've got these in my tanks at home but it was good to see out in the water

Anyway, goitta go to the gym. BBL to read over

Hi girls - this is going to be quick while Tom is down on the floor trying to kill his rattle. He has an absolute case of the crazy's today. This morning he refused to drink any more than 20mls of his bottle but woke last night for a feed which he hasnt done in ages. We are having a few sleep problems at the moment in that all he wants to do is roll over and it is super hard to re-settle him for his sleeps. I am thinking about getting one of those Safe T wraps because i tried a sleep positioner and he didnt even last 2 minutes in it! Little bugger..

Sorry no time for personals - Crazy is calling! BBL to do personals xx

Back again! T is back down for a sleep - i managed to wedge him into his anti-roll thing and tuck the sheets over super tight. I thought it was exciting when he started to roll - now its a bit of pain in the behind .

Happy Anniversary Mel! I was having a look at your photos site the other day and besides having gorgeous kids, your DH is so good looking! Lucky you - enjoy your night! You made me laugh about Charlize's 'special' words - i can bet that they will be part of Tom's vocabualry as well. DH is a builder and is used to saying them at work so he says them at home. I keep saying he will have to stop soon before little ears pick up on them..

Veronica - glad the scuba went well. You are the only person i know that would spend the day out scuba diving and STILL go to the gym the next day! I would be like 'oh well, thats my exercise for the year!'

Sara - we sound very similar at the moment. I have to decided to be super careful with the $$ so i can stay off work a little bit longer. DOnt get me started on interest rates - everytime i watch the news its 'Australians have spent 1billion dollars over xmas so we are going to wack up the interest rates'. I read about a site in the newspaper the other day called savingmum which has lots of little tips for saving money etc. I printed out a weekly meal planner and a shopping list thing so will have to try to stick to it. I am a terrible impulse buyer.. DH was laughing at me because we recently had a ALDI's open up here and i have gone from 'I'll stick to Coles thanks' to 'i might just pop down and see how cheap it is..'.

Becc - are you enjoying work - as hard as it would be to be away from Xavier? I hear you about being organised - i find it hard enough now to think that i will leave something until tomorrow and then actually have to find the time to do it. Hope everything is going well.

We turned Tom's car seat around about a week ago. He is just under the weight but over xmas he just developed a hatred of the car seat - i think because he was in and out of it all the time. My final straw was when he screamed the whole way to Geelong and then same again on the way back. It was really horrible scream until i vomit and choke, so a bit scarey while driving! He seems to really like being turned around - he has a good sticky beak out the window and so far no crying. DH finds it a little off putting because he says Tom stares at him while he is trying to drive - paranoid just a bit??

ok better go - i have a chicken and vegie pie cooking in the oven so better go check it!

Em, DH said to say thanks lol . He is also big on the naughty words, but I guess she will just have to learn that adults can say them, just not kiddies. Glad Tom is behaving much better in the car, now that he is turned around. Is he starting to try and crawl? I found when Charlize did this, she became unsettled in alot of things like sleeping, feeding etc.

I bought a lovely ring today. And even better, it was 1/2 price. I love it. And I also weighed Jack, he is now 9.28kg. PORKER!!!! That's less than 800gm lighter than his bid sister. But she is very petite.

V, congrats on successfully passes the course. I bet it was beautiful under there. Didn't see any sharks? I would love to see one doing its thing, just not too close

Flossie, have a lovely time abroad. Glad Olivia went well on the flight.

Sacha, if you don't mind me asking, what does your DH do? Is he in the airline industry? Just sounds similiar to my DH work wise. I will let you know how my first visit goes with my client. She really seems lovely and I can't wait to meet her and her family. I just hope she likes me.

Can't wait until dinner tonight, I even bought a new top today to wear. Won't show DH until I'm dressed so he has a little wow moment.

Take care all.

Hey girls,

I hear that quite a few people are turning their babies seats around. I too, did this a few weeks ago. Avaleigh isnt close to the weight to turn it around but she had been holding and supporting herself for a while now and was always trying to sit up in her seat, so I thought why not!! She loved it but I found a thread on here that recommends not to do it until the baby is a lot older.. I will try and find it again. Pretty much it was a link to a youtubes (or something like that) video that showed what happens to babies in forward facing seats if you have an accident, and its not nice! So I pretty much went out and turned the seat back around...............

Heres a link to the thread... Car seat positioning.... when?
    The link to the video in is post 12 i think...
    Last edited by Ngala; January 21st, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

I have turned Jack around since we got back from Sydney, since I had to adjust the straps anyhow. He is over the 9kg mark now, but after watching that video I'm thinking about turning him back. Although he might not agree . I'm not too worried though, as his seat is still reclined as far back as in the rearward facing mode. It's a turn a tot and can be reclined either way. So he is still laying down, just facing forward. Although, it still definately won't be as safe as rearward facing. Might see what DH says.
    Last edited by Meluchja; January 21st, 2008 at 03:24 PM.

Avaleigh seat reclines back as well but I still thought it would b e best to have it the other way around. The way I see it, is I am a safe driver but there are a lot of [email protected] out there (we nearly got hit a few months back) so jason and I thought it would be better to have it back the way it was. Avaleigh didnt seem to mind too much as she was only forward facing for the most, 2 weeks..

I've just spent the afternoon clearing out the spare room that is full of Avaleigh's toys and swing and stuff she doesnt need anymore, so I can put in my dive gear. Now I have got the brave the heat and get it in to the shed. LOL You cant even move in the shed its so full of stuff. Jason's not going to be happy!

Avaleigh's been asleep for 2 hours this afternoon!! That is unheard of at this time of day

Megan76 Guest

OK i don't have much time but i am very keen to check out Mel's DH...where's the pic? he he

Megan76 Guest

OK found it! Georgeous family all round i say! Have a great night out Mel!!

Em - so glad Tom is eating!!

Sorry, busy busy will pop in tomorrow!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast