Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #15

hehe Em, I'm glad you know what I meant! I love it too!
    lol

I have the same prob with Lach, he thinks that 1130pm is playtime. LOL
    DP and I sit there and laugh our heads off. Lach blows raspberries into the mattress and ends up with his legs and arms hanging out of the cot. lol
    I am very glad that he can find his own dummy and put it back in though. Saves me getting up. little bugger.
    I thought Lach had said mum a while ago, but I think it was just mmmmmmmmm lol
    I am glad that dad has come first. So when he starts calling it out for attention, at 2am, dad has to go instead of mum!!! LOL
    Anys, I am off to melb tomorrow. Might be able to meet fran if I get the chance....
    Have a good one

Megan76 Guest

Well i am getting stressed! I can tell Lucas is getting a bit dehydrated cos his little lips are getting dry but i cannot get anything except a bit of formula into him. Have tried water and hydrolyte every which way possible but the little bugger is on to me and wont have a bar of it! My next option is watermelon! I feel like i am spending my whole day trying to shove stuff down his throat, he must be so sick of me!!

Another thing...this food stuff is annoying! My health nurse told me i should be giving food before milk from 6 months...i wish they woiuld come up with a blanket set of guidelines rather than everyone saying different stuff it is so confusing!

Hmm do you think i have whinged enough...maybe for now!!
    Last edited by Megan76; February 1st, 2008 at 11:37 AM.

Megan - I hope you get your little man sorted soon. Just keep trying to give him some water. It took Avaleigh a little while to drink water but now she drinks it no worries, but I guess you dont have a few days. Why the watermelon, it may work. The guidelines annoy me too. I say just do whatever works for you and Lucas!! I give Avaleigh food before milk at lunch and dinner because she always likes to have a lil snooze afterwards and the easiest way to get that to happen is to have her fall asleep on me while breastfeeding.

I am going to go for a swim while Avaleigh is asleep and then might go out and buy some new clothes.

Megan - what about some ice cubes? Do you have a food feeder thing - you know those mesh bags? Or wrap some up in a facewasher and let him suck on them? Not sure if they will work but maybe worth a go? Good luck and i am thinking of you

You could always try a sippy cup.
    Lach wont take water any other way, unless he sees me drinking it and grabs at it.
    The fresh food feeder is a good idea too. I havent tried mine yet.
    Is he still having plenty of wet nappies? Maybe the weather is just drying his lips out?

I was told that it was always milk before food, as milk is the main source of nutrition for bubs in the first 12 months. That they technically dont NEED to eat. All CHN's are diff in their opinions.
    lol

Good Afternoon Ladies

We are moving Tomorrow!!! And the house is only half packed we were not supposed to move until 25th feb, but our new place is empty and dh came back from the real estate yesterday and informed me that we're moving this weekend!! I could have slapped him The good thing is we wont be paying rent and when dh comes home next time he will have 2 weeks off!

So i wont be back after this as the internet will be turned of this afternoon! I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Im not looking foward to this afternoon as i have to have my beautiful old cat put down at 2.30pm Im so devastated, she is just like my other baby. I cry just typing about her

Happy Birthday for Sunday Veronica, have a lovely day

Back soon Ladies (hopefully) BYE!!

Megan76 Guest

Thanks for the ideas girls but i had tried them all LOL!!!! Nightmare!

Megan, if you are worried that he is getting dehydrated, take him to the hospital. It doesn't take long for babies to dehydrate and IMO it's better safe than sorry. I suppose you also tried letting him take sips from a normal cup? Sometimes the novelty can be a motivator. :Hugs: for you both.

LOL at Lachlan's raspberries in the middle of the night Nicky. If the arms and legs thing bothers you, the Airwraps are great at stopping it. Have a fun trip!

Em, are you using your food feeder regularly? I got disillusioned with mine because I found it nearly impossible to get all the little fibrous bits of food from out of the bag up near the rim. I couldn't trust that it was hygenic enough so I stopped using it. As it happens, I am giving her whole pieces of things now anyway so it doesn't matter so much I guess. Did you end up getting a Safe T sleeper thingie? How'd it go, if so? I'm so jealous of your day off - might have to try that on DH when he gets home this time.

Raels, I never had the leaky problem so I can't help with that one sorry. Hope your fishing trip is successful.

Enchanted Guest

Hey everyone!

This is just a quick one as I am exhausted...

Megan- Have you tried warming the water up so it's the same temp as a bottle? That's the only way Oscar will drink it

Hi all,

jemima, I had actually started expressing early on as we had a few wedding last year, so I had enough in reserves when I went back to work. Expressing at work is going well but sometimes I do worry that I'm not getting quite enough milk, but then I have a really good day and get heaps. Working is tiring, but I just take it one day at a time.

re this night terror thing, what you guys are explaining sounds like something Xavier does probably about once a week. Generally either a good burp or cooling down helps Xavier out. it's like he screams because something whatever it was has woken him up when he wasn't ready and it's a big shock.
    Cuddles from mum always help, and sometimes a change of scenery is good too.

em, Xavier is still only on one feed a day, but am thinking about introducing breakfast, for this reason I have switched to plain vegies at night, and then i'll give cereal maybe with fruit for breakfast. We have some apple pear and apricot and some sweet potato, carrot and zuchini in the freezer. I hope to find time to freeze some potato pumpkin and broccoli this week. He has tried sweet potato, carrot, banana and apple so far.

OOO and I've found that vegies are much more enjoyable for Xavier when you mix them with bb milk.

Megan, your poor little bub, what about putting an iceblock in the wet face washer if it's not too cold.

Sacha, the broccoli story is very cute. Did it tickle her lips?

Xavier has started making the Da and Ba noises. lots of Da da da da, so I make nathan go to him when he calls that out in the mornings.

raels, I don't leak very often, but i can kinda also feel when i have a let down but it doesn't leak, I don't know how to describe it though.

Lol nicky, I think that Lach is far from being a nuffa. Maybe that is a bendigo thing.
    I'm with you, if they call dad at 2 am, dad gets up!!

The whole idea with offering milk first is so they don't fill up on food, so if you portion control it shouldn't be a problem which way you do it. Xavier has started an annoying little habit of feeding around 3 am and then not again until 8.30-9am, which means he doesn't get a feed from me before he goes to crech, so I'm thinking about throwing in sime solids at that time.

danielle that's a good point about warming the water, that's the same with xavier, nothing cold is sllowed in that boys mouth.

Well, I hope to be back in before sunday, but if not happy birthday V. And Xavier will be 6 months on Sunday too, so I'm a little excited.

Well best be off

Grrr - another bad night.. I am wondering if he is going through a wonder week - i was just reading a bit about them on the net and thinking its a possibility. I cant keep up with all the changes - in the space of a day T has started to suck his thumb (which is kind of cute) and god help me - discovered he has a willy.. Nappy free time and bath time were very interesting yesterday! His father can deal with it - i am not equiped to cope .

Sacha - i am the same as you with the fresh food feeder. I use it occasionally for food now but it is soooo hard to clean. I mainly just stick a bit of ice in it on hot days as T isnt really interested in a cup. I know you gave Autumn some broccoli, what other foods have you given her whole? I might try it with Tom - up until this point i have been worried he will choke.
    I didnt end up getting the Saftey sleep - i bid on a few on ebay but they sold for as much as new one so there wasnt really much point. I have just been tucking his sleeping bag into the bottom of the cot and i think he has become a side sleeper anyway. He's also a little bit over the amazing fact that he can roll - thankgod.

Jess - hope the moving went well. Sorry but i laughed when you said DH came home and said you were moving tomorrow. Men!! I am so sorry about your cat - i had to put my dog down a little while ago and it was heartbreaking but she was in so much pain (cancer) and it really was for the best.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - happy birthday for tomorrow Veronica, hope you get really spoilt!

Megan76 Guest

Well we still have the runs, poor little thing! Still trying to get that extra fluid in, but he doesn't look too bad. Will try warming up the water today, thanks Oshani!

Em - sorry you had a dodgy night...what is he up to? Just wanting to chat in the middle of the night? Lucas has been a thumb sucker for ages, i dont mind at this stage as it means he puts himself back to sleep in the middle of the night and we dont hear from him so maybe Tom will start doing the same! Just keep thinking of your day off!

TOJ - hope everything went ok with your cat

Rebecca - ohh that is a nasty habit waking up at 3am! I wonder if another solid feed during the day would help??

V - have a great day tomorrow!! i am actually off today to spend the vouchers i got for my bday which was in AUGUST...lucas has nubbed my love of shopping

Thanks for everyones well wishes and ideas for Lucas. He seems reasonably happy but the poo is still coming and blood off and on. We rang doc for results today but our doc wasn't in and hadnt reviewed them, but their was no urgency on them so that is a good thing. Still nervous though, i hope he's ok.

As for MEN, i was on my way back from the docs at 12 the other day when DH rings to tell me we have someone coming to look at the house with the real estate at 4pm. WHAAAATTT??? You can imagine what our house looked like given we have a child with gastro, and how hard it is to clean up when you are home alone and have a clingy, sick baby. NOT HAPPY!!

Just wondering how the babies have gone when people have moved house? I am dreading it, Lucas is such a home body and loves his room and bed, i am so worried its going to cause havoc.

Well i am off shopping, i MUST get out of the house!! Have a good weekend!

Bec, I'm not sure why she did the hand-to-mouth dance for so long, but I think it may have just been that it was still warm - she likes things at room temp. But who knows really? Maybe it was tickling!

Em,how cute that Tom has found his built in plaything! There's no stopping him now - they never grow out of having a quick twiddle whenever it strikes them LOL I remember my SIL telling me about finding her 5yr old squatting on the toilet seat playing with his testicles and saying "mum, what are these ball things in here under my penis?" She had to bend over she was laughing so hard silently, and he's said "what's wrong mum?" and she said "I just got a tummy pain. Ask your dad about them" So he did and was told they were his testes and he called out "It's alright mum, they're just me testers!" Hilarious. Foodwise, Autie has had peach, watermelon, banana, sweet potato, avocado and a piece of poached chicken breast. I was expecting more gagging to be honest, but she just sucks away or squishes it up - not much actually goes in her belly at this stage. She has plenty of lumps and bits in her food now though and has dealt with them like a trooper.

I know how you feel about them loving the familiar environment Megan. I worry about even moving Autie to her own room!LOL The good thing is that children adapt faster than adults most of the time so he'll probably be happy before you

Megan76 Guest

Well just spoke to doc and lucas has some form of bacteria a bit like salmonella but this one is not normally passed through contaminated food. No idea who he got it from cos he doesn't even like people he he!! He seems a bit better today and hasn't pooed for 3 hours...woo hoo!

Megan76 Guest

Oh and i managed to use one voucher and get a new jumper....i swear there are no good clothes in shops at the moment, very over it!!

It's good that you finally have an answer Megan. What sort of treatment does Lucas need? Glad he's seems to be doing better anyway. It's always the way that you can't find clothes you like when you actually set out to find them - but you see heaps when you don't have the money to spare!

Hi all

Megan - glad to hear that Lucas is starting to feel a bit better and at least you kow what it is now. Poor little man.

Sacha - you nephews teste story is so cute!! Boys and their toys

Em - I hope you had a better night last night with Tom

Bec - thanks for your answer re expressing. I guess I should start builing up a stock soon!

Happy birth day v.

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Well I have been awake since 4am - Charlotte woke at 4am so I gave her a 5 minute feed and put her back to bed which was fine (she is still asleep now) but then Jesse decided to wake at 5 (which woke Oliver) and didnt want to go back to sleep but the other unfortunate things is that I didnt go back to sleep after feeding charlotte. So now is is 6.18 am and I have been awake for nearly one and a half hours and I am exhausted - oh well life must go on LOL!! Luckily my parents are coming down today and are staying the night.

I am sure this question has been asked before but for those of you whose babes are drinking from a sippy cup - what sort of cup do you use. I was thinking of going straight to a sippy cup for EBM but dont know what sort to try. We have so many sorts here already so I guess it might be a matter or trial and error until I find something Charlotte likes.

I am off to have my breakfast and to crank the coffee machine up to full blast as I will definitely need a bit of a pep today! Will BBL
    Jem
    Last edited by jemima; February 3rd, 2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: grammar

V - Hope your day is full of smiles.

Oh Jem, I can beat you today. I've been up since 3.30 with a whingey, blocked-nose beast child who had previously woken 4 or 5 times and has only just now gone back to sleep and chances are I will get 40mins out of her at best so it's not even worth trying to go back myself because waking up just as you're dozing off is worse than not having any sleep at all

On the positive side (gotta find one somewhere LOL) when DH rang yesterday and talked to Autie on the phone, instead of trying to grab it and eat it, she actually pressed it to her ear and listened and laughed - bit cute.

Autumn uses a Heinz 1st stage cup atm, but I'm going to move her onto the next one with handles as soon as I've got a spare SIXTEEN DOLLARS!!! Maybe I should look into that a bit more now I think about it - straight onto a normal plastic cup maybe LOL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast