Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #15

Oh Megan, I know the stress of an unwell bub. You do what you have to. Autie really likes sucking wet washers, maybe it's worth a try for Lucas.

Em, Autie's been on solids almost two months and I have given her veges without cereal right from the start. I buy pureed fruit to mix with cereal because she's not much into sweet things so the fresh fruit is not a favourite. In the freezer I have potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, spinach and zucchini. I have just introduced meat in the last week - mince and chicken cut up fine, we aren't pureeing anymore.

Just a quickie but I will be back
    Em in the freezer, I have, Carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, Zuchini, Pear and peaches. So far am really only using the pears

Megan - if you are really worried about dehydration, try putting some of the hydrolyte into a syringe, lying him down and dribble it down his throat. Stroke his throat so it makes him swallow. We have to do this with T's reflux medication. I am a big believer of Hydrolyte - i lived on it when i was pregnant and it is good for hangovers (so i have heard anyway.. )

Thanks for the food info girls! Gives me some good ideas

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Em, might give that a go! ATM he is taking it off a spoon but not out of a bottle...weird!! I never added the baby rice to anything either and lucas has had sweet pot, pot, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot...and lots of fruits (mainly jars i am slack!!) and some yoghurt! I have given a bit of mince and chicken too! Still no idea what i am doing though, just winging it really

Sacha - Lucas loves sucking face washers too...doesn't take much to entertain them does it.

Well i am feeling a bit strange in the belly so am a bit scared Lucas' bug might have moved on!!

Oh and how could i forget, Lucas finally rolled from back to front, only twice but hey its a start, and he can sit up now too!! What a legend!!

Hey Everyone!!

Its so much fun having a baby crawling!! hehe Avaleigh follows me everywhere and gets a little upset when I go too quickly. LOL So I always need to poke my head round the corner so she knows where she is going. She may be able to crawl but she so wants to walk. LOL

Flossie - I give Avaleigh 2 solid feeds a day and am slowly starting the introduce cereal in the morning, well I give it whenever I remember! I am still on 5 breastfeeds a day, but today it will be 7 cause she is on the move now and gets hungrier

Em - in my freezer I have.. pumpkin, carrot, corn, sweet potato, potato, pear, peach and apple. I have parsnip that I need to do to still.

Sacha - how does Autumn find the food not pureed?? Avaleigh has been on solids for 2 months too and I am still pureeing and finding that if there is a little chunk, she will gag on it.. How are you planning to do the baby led weaning? I got no idea hey!!

Dani - I cant believe you think it is cold in the middle of summer! Strange weather..

I think I have asked this before, but when can babies start having cows milk?? I am planning to go from breast milk straight to cows milk (wouldnt be bothered with the formula) and am wondering how much longer I have with breastfeeding. Mum and I were talking about this yesterday and she said that the babies at the children's hospital are on milk at 3 months, so its really strange how we dont start until 1 year or whatever it is and the babies in hospitals are starting at 3 months!

Its my birthday on Sunday!! We are going out to dinner on Saturday night. I cant wait. We are going to a place about 1 hours drive from our house but they have some huge fish tanks in there so it should be worth it!

Anyway, better go.. Hopefully Avaleigh will wake up soon (this is her third sleep today - crawling takes it out of them!) so we can go get some dinner and do the foood shopping

Enchanted Guest

V- That is so gorgeous that Avaleigh follows you around!! Oscar it still trying to figure out how this whole crawling things works!! I know.. crazy Melbourne weather! It's nice and sunny now though Go figure! Happy Birthday for Sunday if I forget! Sounds like you will have a great dinner!

Megan- I hope you're not getting it That is so exciting about Lucas rolling over and sitting up. Clever little guy

Not much else is happening here. I am waiting for Shane to get home so we can have dinner. Oscar is asleep so I have got a bit of cleaning done! YAY! I'm not happy though.. I have to go into town tomorrow (1/2 hrs drive) because mine and Shane's phones keep playing up Shane tried to take them in today but they needed the paperwork because last time the girl didn't update all the info or something?!? They should have the paperwork there So anyway, we have a Myer voucher that we got for Xmas that I can spend so at least my trip will be a little fun
    Last edited by Enchanted; January 31st, 2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added comment

Yey Lucas! He's obviously strong Megan, if he can sit on his own. Hope you are pushing away that bug with lots of positive thoughts.

V - It's my understanding that all health professionals recommend cow's milk as a drink only after 12m. I can't imagine a hospital giving it to them before then - maybe it is formula? Autie has been quite good with the non-pureed stuff. I still mash it, but I make sure to leave some lumps and that whatever it is, it is soft, not hard lumps. I started with normal mashed potato and pumpkin. There is some great info on baby led weaning if you just do a google search. Basically, it says that pureed food is traditional because babies used to be introduced to solids at a much earlier age and didn't have the head control and tongue movements for real food. But as they are now saying 6m, they should be able to cope with soft finger foods and even normal adult variations of meals without too much trouble right from the start. I gave Autie a piece of avocado and sweet potato today that she didn't have too much problem with, just a few small gags at first. Then tonight I gave her a broccoli floret steamed real soft. It was hilarious. She kept putting it up to her lips and then shaking her head and putting it back down for ages so I just let her keep playing with it and about 10mins later she put it in her mouth and sucked away without any problem at all. You have to supervise well of course. Apparently, second and third babies are often accidently introduced to solids this way because of older siblings. I'd love to know if anyone here has had that happen, and how it went for you.

Megan76 Guest

Em - was just on Facebook, Tom is so cute and the photos of you and your sisters are ace!!

Hi,

Just quickly wanted to drop in quickly Noah has just started saying dad it's so cute!!!

Wow Jasmine that's very clever! Autie can only make 'ah' and 'mm' noises.

Megan76 Guest

Hmm all lucas seems to do is squeal!!

Hi girls,

Sacha - thanks for the info on the night terrors and baby led weaning. Re the night terrors, wow! You are so right that trying to help them can actually make it worse. Last night I definately felt like I was doing more harm than good but saying that I could never just leave him to cry like that. Re the food, I have given Oliver avocado to suck on and he was fine. He also had some rockmelon which I held onto while he sucked on it and a piece broke off in his mouth. I got a little nervous at first but it was so soft after it had been sucked on for ages that he swallowed it down with no worries. I think I will try the brocolli! I know I gave my oldest son toast fingers just before he was 8 months. I probably wouldn't give it any earlier than that though. I'm not pureeing anymore either, especially things like pumpkin and zuchini - these vegies are so soft anyway. I have also been boiling some rice and adding that to the vegies as well.

Megan - I hope Lucas makes a quick recovery and I hope you are ok!!!!

Jas - Yesterday morning when DF was leaving for work Oliver looked over at him and said "did". It was very cute. Funny thing is when we fell preg, DF sent everyone the same text message, - "Hi everyone, I'm going to be a DID!" - obviously spelling "dad" wrong. I think that might have been a 'you had to be there sort of moment' but had to share! LOL

Oshani - have fun shopping tomorrow and good luck with your phones.

Veronica - I tried to look at the video of Avaleigh but it wouldn't work for me. Oh and I wouldn't be giving cows milk until 12 months.

Em - I absolutely love nectarines and whenever I'm eating one I always let Oliver suck on it. He loves it, actually I think he ends up with more than I do! And he screams when it's gone! I find the white ones aren't as sweet as the others.

I'm so glad my DF is home. It was our first night apart since that horrible argument we had at christmas and I think the break did us good. But he went to bed when the kids did cause he was so tired from work.Oh well tomorrow is friday and we've got nothing booked for the weekend for once!!!! Think we will head out and do some fishing at Bribie Island. Would love to catch some whiting for dinner.

OH yeah!!! Strange thing happened tonight. My boob leaked. It was weird, hasn't done that in months. I've felt like my supply has increased a little lately and then tonight after I got out of the shower I put a singlet on with no bra and a few minutes later I felt something and looked down and had this huge wet patch!! It was really odd. Does this happen to anyone else?

Well I'm off cause I'm rambling now.

Sweet dreams all.

Raels xo
    Last edited by razzle; January 31st, 2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Forgot something....

V- At mothers group today we did solids, so I am a wealth of information.
    You cannot give cows milk as a drink until 12 months.
    You can however, give small amounts mixed in with other foods, ie thinning down stuff.
    You can give yoghurt (baby yoghurt is good but not neccesary), cheese and custards, although the NSW phamplet suggests waiting until 8months for these.
    Offer breastmilk/formula first always- as for the first 12 months, this is more important than the solids.
    We got given a handout from The Children's Hospital at Westmead called babys first foods. just google it.
    HTH

Not much else to report here. We lost netball tonight ahh should come to not worry- we have only won 1 game .

Kaetlyn is commando crawling. Very funny. She things she is hilarious as well. Cheeky Bugger!

Well am off to shower, express and go to bed!
    Last edited by blueflower; January 31st, 2008 at 09:53 PM.

Bec - Yes I heard my mum took my little man in there!!! Apparently xavier started smiling at Lach, and he just got a freakd out look on his face!!! LMAO my child is a nuffa.

Lach's going great, kinda crawling like a caterpillar its hillarious. He is also saying buba now, as well as dada. Love it. But am worried about him picking up more words very quickly now... so DP must watch his language. LOL

Hope you're all well.

LMAO nicky, what is a Nuffa? Must be Bendigo lingo. Ahahahaha that rhymes!

Oh wow at your little ones saying words already!! Avaleigh is a quiet baby. We do get baby talk out of her but not much. I must start teach her mum and dad.. Cant wait for her to start saying mum and dad.

Well I've just enjoyed an ice cream and now I think I will be off to relax on the couch and then jump in to bed. Going to mums tomorrow for chilli mussles.. yummmmmmmmmm

Nuffa or nuffy, yes that is my lingo
    lol
    It's a nuffy. I dont know how to describe it any other way... kinda crazy, silly, weird.... lol
    and oi! Bendigo ROCKS!!!
    lol
    Pity I dont live there any more. lol

Nicky - i use nuffy all the time. It is a favourite word of mine, so i knew what you meant!

Gosh all thses bubs that are talking! We were convinced Tom was saying mum a while ago but he wasn't, it was just part of his cry. I am going to sit him down today and say 'mum mum mum' so he says it first instead of dad - because in this household, whoever name he says first while instantly become 'the one he loves the most' - bit like when 2 people call a dog and the one it goes to is the one who gets to keep it .

Thanks for the comments on my photos Megan. My sisters are awesome. The photos with my nan in them are from christmas - we were trying to teach her how to do the 'bend and snap' (from Legally Blonde) although her's was more of a bend and topple over.

Well, we have had 4 nights in a row now where T has woken up and stayed awake for atleast an hour. I am buggered! He just lays there squealing and laughing at himself. DH was laughing because last night he could hear me through the monitor saying "No Tom, we don't make that noise, its sleeping time" ** silence ** then the second i got back into bed, he starts up squealing again. It is this relly high pitched squeal that has to be hurting his throat. I cant wait until he finds a new thing to do.

I am looking forward to Sunday - DH is giving me 'the day off' so i am going shopping. Yay! It is my sisters birthday in a few weeks so i am the designated present buyer so i get to go off and spend everyone else's money. Cant wait! Hope everyone has a good day today xx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast