Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #18

Hi girls...

**vent alert** **vent alert** **vent alert** **vent alert**

I have had such a crappy start to the day!! It all started yesterday when putting avaleigh to bed.. In bed at 8pm, YAY early for once!! But she woke up at 9pm again, so gave her a feed and back to sleep. Then she starts screaming down the monitor at midnight. Up I get again and pick her up and she gives me a great burp, put her back in to bed and she screams some more. So on the boob for a feed, and she falls asleep and back to bed. Awake again at 1am, screaming down the monitor. I try and settle her by cuddles and rocking and put back in to bed. Nope, screams some more and starts getting hysterical. I lay down on the couch with her laying on my chest and she falls asleep. Back in to bed she goes and so do I. But nope, screaming down the monitor again 10 mins later. So up again I go and offer another feed, she falls asleep and then sleeps through to 7am. AHH!! Get up, absolutely buggered, feed and back to bed again but onl for 30 mins. All I wanted to do was have a sleep in!!!

And you know what the worse thing is???? Jason was waking up too when Avaleigh was screaming so he knew what I was going through so why didnt he come and try and put her to sleep?????!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no way that I can complain because he is working really hard these days trying to support us both so I dont need to go back to work.

And to make things worse, I say good morning to my stingray this morning and she has lost her WHOLE TAIL!! THe stupid eel decided he would have some stingray tail for breakfast again. This is the second one he has gotten, you would think Jason would learn and get rid of the eel after the first one he killed. But nope.. still in the tank so there goes another stingray. And she was soo cool, you could hand feed her and she would let you pat her and everything. So upsetting!!

Oh and my stupid b*tch of a dog decided she would rip up her couch last night and now I think that Avaleigh has got a stinker in her nappy.

Great way to start the day!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good to get that out!! Sorry if I put a damper on anyone's day.. I may be back later for personals if I am in a better mood..

Hi everyone,

My nephew and his girlfriend had a baby boy last night but poor thing was only 25 week pg. Doctors are giving him an 85% chance of surviving so that's great news I think. It will be just be one day at a time though. Don't really know much more just yet so fingers crossed that he will be a fighter.

Em- hope you all have a lovely weekend away, Enjoy your easter

Veronica- You poor thing, hope you get some rest today and maybe a little sleep. what a PITA about the stingray, i remember when you told us about the other one, poor things. Your dog sounds like mine lastnight she ripped up her pillows everywhere!! Oh and we are TTC bubba #2 now we started in November as we want ours close. hopefully it wont take as long this time though.

Raels- Oh hun thats so sad Huge hugs to you and your nephew and his girlfriend, this must be so hard for them, im hoping and praying that the little darling will stay strong and get through this. Thinking of you all:hugs:

Well I have been up cleaning all morning, i have been finding it so hard to stay organised lately lol its like i spend all day running around picking toys up!! Ethan has been sooo cheeky lately, we have one room in the house that we dont let him go in and its our study and the cat run has been built off of the study window so there is a cat flap in the window and i really dont want him to try and get out of it and get stuck! Well he has taken off to full speed crawling up the passage towards it and i say ethan, no and he will stop and look at me (does this a few time) then he will just take off and i have to chase him and he starts laughing!!! So cheeky but so cute too!

Okay well i better go, get ethans lunch put him down for a sleep and then im going to weed my garden! BBL

Hi Everyone,

Raels, that's terrible praying for the little bubs and her mum and dad!

V, thats no good! I have this ebook that a lady from mothers group sent it out to us all and although I haven't read it yet one woman from mothers group was having major probs with bub sleep and had to go to a sleep clinic anyway she read this book and she said it worked immediately and her son was 6months old and he hadn't slept through the night yet. I fyou want just pm me and i'll email it through. Maybe it's teeth or something?

Bec - Sounds like Xavier is doing well. Hope he is getting over his infection. As bad as it seems now, children in childcare end up with better immune systems so at least that's a plus. Interestingly, also children who grow up on farms and those with a few older siblings - apparently because of exposure to minute quantities of faeces...

Lis - Livvy also sounds like she is doing super well - lots of clever skills in there! Like you, I would like to wait until Autie is at least 2 or preferably 3 before number 2 comes along but unfortunately due to age and fertility issues, I can't afford to wait that long to TTC so I will have to take what I get!

Em -have a great (easy) time away

V - Hope you get a better sleep tonight. It isn't unusual at this age for them to go haywire with teething and all, but that doesn't make it easier does it? Just know that she's not capable of manipulating yet so she really does need your mummy love. Sometimes it helps if you think of it as special time for just you and her. Sorry to hear about your stingray - she sounded like a sweetheart.

Raels - how exciting and scary at the same time for your nephew and his gf. 85% sounds like a fantastic ray of hope for that age! Remind them to touch him as much as they can

Jess - I know what you mean about staying on top of things - sooooo much harder with the crawling and teething and clinginess! I never get a chance to do those big organising jobs like cleaning out the study or re-organising cupboards anymore It's hard enough keeping up with the mess from 3 meals a day - none of them mine!

Re: sleeping. I know they talk about it a lot in these forums, but I just now borrowed Pinky McKay's book "Sleeping Like a Baby" from the library and I really have to recommend it. It has done wonders for me in just making me feel better about myself, and not worrying about what babies are apparently 'supposed' to be doing at any given age sleepwise. It gives you a great perspective on coping with the bad times too. Give it a go if you are feeling stressed in this area for sure, especially if you have information overload and can't decide what's 'right'.

Mum and Dad dropped in tonight at bath/bedtime and while I was feeding her to sleep in the bedroom, mum made me dinner. Oh my goodness, it tasted 100x better than it actually was just because I didn't have to do it! Such a nice surprise, especially after a day of teething/eczema grizzly barnacle baby.

Ciao for now

Hi ladies

Veronica- Hope your day improved for you and avaleigh.

Jas- How are you and little noah going. That ebook sounds helpful, im having an ebook sent out from a place called wanslea who have ideas from play to sleep/eating, baby to toddler etc so i hope its good.

Sacha- Your poor little autie, i hope her eczema clears up again soon, it must be terrible for you to see it affecting her like it is. I hear you on the clingyness as ethan has been real bad this afternoon. I have been meaning to get hold of Pinky's sleeping book and you have just reminded me lol i forget so much lately!! I will have to remind myself after the long weekend.

Well ethan has been a bit of a sooky lala this afternoon but i know its because he is missing his daddy, he was a lot better this time as i got dh to put him down for his morning nap and kiss him and say goodbye etc instead of taking him too the door as last time he kept going back to the door looking for him. Today my SIL came over and when her DP came to get her ethan heard a male voice and looked around saying Dad Dad!! He is only used to his pop being here so i guess he thought it was DH!

We are having a few routine issues at the moment so starting tonight i have started a sort of timed routine to try and get him to settle in to a proper sleep routine, as he is currently sleeping at all odd hours of the day and night, i put him into bed at 7.30pm and he went with out a hassle which is unusual so am happy with it so far. But on the good side of things if today is anything to go by i think my little garbage guts is back he had weetbix, toast and juice for breakky, followed by milk, a biccie and grapes for morning tea and milk, lunch was a vegemite sandwich and fruit and juice, had some more grapes and rockmelon for afternoon tea and milk, then for tea had sweet potato, zucchini, brussel sprouts and fish!!! He eats more than me lol!

Ok got to go master ethan is awake and demanding a bottle!!
    Have a lovely easter ladies. BBL

Goodmorning Ladies

Omg it is so cold and wet at the moment we have had hot weather for weeks, and yesterday was quite hot, now it raining, the weather has been crazy!

Well ethan slept so well lastnight, he slept from 7.30pm - Midnight!! He woke at 9.30pm but i thought he was hungry but when i went in he was crying in his sleep and he didnt wake up. Then he slept from 12 - 4am and slept from then till 8.30am he has been waking 3-4 times lately!! YAY.

Well i best go, me and ethan are going to my parents for lunch today and im still in my pajama's

BBL

Hello all you beautiful Mummies!!

Thankyou all for your well wishes!!

The baby is doing well. He was 2 pound 11 ounces and 36 cm long!!! Soooo tiny but the doctors are saying that he is bigger than the average 25 weeker so he has that on his side! He has gotten through the first 48 hours and the doctors are really pleased with his progess. I am going to see them on Monday as they are up here in Brisbane.

Hope you all have a lovely first Easter with all your bubs! I wonder how many will get their first taste of chocolate!! Mine will get his next year.

Raels. xo

Hi Ladies

Raels- thats wonderful news about your nephews baby boy, fingers crossed he keeps progressing well. How are they coping? i hope they are ok. I have decided that i will let Ethan have a little taste of chocolate tomorrow, but just a tiny bit, then i will eat the rest lol!! I have been so bad with chocolate lately and i still want more

Well Ethan has reached another milestone!! He stood up all by himself!! He has been trying for a bit but at mums today he was standing up playing with the curtains for over 60 second, i got a huge lump in my throat! My boy is growing up He also is holding on to furniture and side ways walking along it!! Its a scary thought that the next step is walking, omg he will be into everything lol!

Well i wanted ethan to have a sleep around 10-11am today then again around 1.30-2pm so that he would be ready for bed around 7.30pm BUT he was so excited playing with his poppy that he didnt sleep this morning and only slept for half an hour this afternoon, he was so so tired but i managed to hold him off till 7pm before i put him to bed so im hoping it doesn't take to long for him to adjust to a routine after not having one for awhile, he seems ok so far though.

Ok well i will leave it at that, Have a lovely easter day tomorrow and i hope you all get lots of choccie!! BBL

Smile

HAPPY EASTER XOX

HAPPY EASTER LADIES AND BUBBA'S!!

I am seriously hope i am not about to jinx myself by saying this BUT...

OMG Ethan has been soundly sleeping for 2 and half hours!!! WOO HOO!!
    This routine stuff is going great so far!! Lately his day sleeps have been 1 - 1.5hrs max.

Ok lol got that out!!

BBL i got so much to do while he is napping

HAHA!! I jinxed myself! Ethan is awake, lol. But 2hrs 40mins is still fantastic!

Happy Easter Everyone!

TOJ, thats great! hope it continues

Well I'm not feeling very well at the moment bad headache and really tired if I didn't have AF i would be suspicious!

Noah has been a bit off too he had his breakfast bottle at 7.30 and at 10.30 he had his solids but no matter how hard we tried he wouldn't drink his bottle then 1.30 he had his solids and took til 3 to have his bottle and then he had a sleep til 5.30 so a long sleep and then had solids and now won't have his bottle againso thinking he might have a bit of something??? Any ideas?

P.S just noticed I cracked the 400 mark with my posts! Don't have many posts considering how long I've used the site for I suppose I tend to read more than I have things to say!

Talking

Hi everyone!
    Happy Easter to all
    I hope the chocolate delivery came to everyones house!

DH and I didnt do easter this year. We figured that we had better things to spend our money on. MIL brought us stuff though. Kaetlyn got some toys, and clothes!

Nothing much happening here, the people behind are having a party, the third one this weekend. Not happy Jan! The music goes straight through to Kaetlyns room, and it is really really loud tonight. On friday night we had to take her for a drive at midnight to get her to sleep. she was getting to sleep but the noise was waking her up, so we drove until we knew she was deep in sleep, and it worked. fingers crossed she is okay tonight. I have just put her down, so hopefully she will get to sleep okay.

She has been busy pulling herself up. When ever she gets to her feet, she gives a big smile like she is proud of herself! Her favourite words are Mamamama and pfffffffffff. DH is abit upset that she still isnt saying Dada, as everyone told him that babies always say dada first!

Jas- on AF- atleast your problem is solved on why you dont feel good!. Do you give bottle first always? How many is he on a day now? Sorry cant really help. I am still BF and KAetlyn only has two solid meals a day.

TOJ- great work on the routine! Glad to hear that he had a good sleep! I hope that you are getting rest while you can as well. that he woke up. hehe next time, come and let us know after he has slept for a long time, you might not jinx yourself then!!!

Sacha, glad to hear you had an awesome dinner. maybe you should drop a few hints as to how good it was, to have a dinner cooked for you!!!

Raels- great news on your nephew and his son. He must be so small, poor little tike! Good to hear that he is well though. Oh and I almost forgot, no chocolate here for bub! she is just getting chocolate flavoured milk for the next couple of weeks!!!!

Well thats it from me on this fine night! fingers crossed its not going to be a late one!

Hey Ladies!!

I hope everyone had a great easter. Mine was pretty good. Had good food a few drinks, some chocolate and felt mighty sick after it all that I needed a nap!! hehe We had easter at my sisters and next year it is my turn. I made pavlova and brought it over there, I have more in my fridge and tempted to eat some more but still feeling a little off... maybe a bit more chocolate instead

We've had a break through here!! Avaleigh has slept through the night for two nights now!! YAY! First night she slept through til 5am, which I thought was pretty good cause she went back down until 7am. And then this morning she slept through to 7am!! YAY Looked like I had a boob job when I woke up in the morning though Lets hope we can make it 3 nights in a row. I am making much more an effort in getting her to burp and this seems to be helping.

I'd say Avaleigh will be walking by herself soon. I think by 10 months she is really going to be walking. We now have her on the walking frame, so much easier than walking her around!! And she can stand by herself with no support for about 10 seconds and then she realises she is doing it herself and freaks out a little and plonks back down. What a clever girl!! I have her on the video camera walking with the walking frame, must get it off one of these days..

Well going to go crash on the couch. NIGHT!

Hi ladies

Hope you all had a lovely Easter Day with you bubba's.

Ethan did have his first try of chocolate today and well he had a lick and wasnt really interested, he had more fun throwing it around Im pretty happy with that though because i dont really think i want him to be a chocohlic like me

I am a bit annoyed at my IL's though as i said please dont get Ethan eggs as he wont be able to eat them, i told them that i got him a tiny egg that he could have a little taste of but that's it. Well between Mil, Step Fil and sil ethan has like 10!!! chocolate eggs One of them is a big football one! Grrrr and they kept trying to give it to him, and i said not too and they told me im cruel!! Luckily he wasnt interested and crawled off to play. The upside is that i will eat them for him lol I didnt get a visit from easter bunny this year! DH forgot.

Veronica- Welldone Avaleigh!! I bet you feel a bit more human now you have gotten some sleep! Im sure half the time i walk around with my eyes closed. I think ethan might be walking by 10 months too!

Sara- Lound neighbours are real PITA hey, we have them too, hopefully they stop soon so you can all get a goodnights sleep.

Jas- hope you and Noah are feeling better. Im not much help either im afraid, ethan is good with his bottles, just solids that he is a bit funny with but in his case i think its teething thats bothering him.

Well i must be off, pretty tired tonight, been sorting our guest/junk room today as thats where everything was shoved when we moved in and its still there lol and we have people coming to stay in a few weeks!!

Goodnight ladies

Good morning!!!

I feel sooo much more awake today. 3 nights of sleeing through!! YAY!! I did hear one cry on the monitor at midnight and thought that the sleeping through was good while it lasted but I didnt hear anything else so went back to sleep! So we are both feeling good this morning. Its amazing how if she doesnt sleep through the night she wakes up grumpy like me. haha

Anyway, better go and get her breaky sorted cause we are going out on a family outting soon. Unfortunately Jason needs to work, but I am sure we will have more fun with out him..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast