Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #18

Happy 8 months Ethan

Its so hard to believe 8 months has gone by already! He has grown sooo much every day, and so has my love for him, the overwhelming feeling of love when i first held my boy in my arms was massive, but it gets sooo much stronger!

Even though he was the worlds biggest grumpy bubba this afternoon!! LOL omg i dont know what got in to him, he was chewing on a stick that he picked up and i took it away and he just looked at me and cried, and cry and scream is what he did for pretty much the next 2hrs!! He ended up in bed 1/2hr earlier tonight as i had a headache and really could not handle anymore

Sara- Yay for Kaetlyn getting 2 teeth!! Hope they haven't been bothering her too much! Hmm ethan is still all gum..i wonder when he will grow some teeths!!

Jas- Sorry to hear your so unwell, i hope you improve soon and start feeling better.

Em- Choking is so scary isn't it!! I have done my senior first aid course and im so glad i did it, i know instinctively we would probably know what to do, but i panicked and it took a split second for me to tell myself "you've done the course you know what to do" and after wards i was like thank god for first aid!! Then the shock kicked in and i was shaking like a leaf. I didn't end up getting to read my book, as i forgot where i put it and by the time i found it (under my pillow) Ethan was awake! That book your reading sounds great, who is the author?

Well im off to bed, after our grumpy episode today (right in the middle of preparing tea) I am pooped! Night ladies.

Jess, I just realised that because of the time difference you are not posting that late at all! I used to look at the time and think wow, how late is that! But it posts the time you posted in my time, if you know what I mean. LOL sory, must have been a baby brain moment! I keep forgetting you are like 3 hours behind us!
    I have done my FA course as well, but be buggered if I could even remeber what to do with a wasp sting, let alone choing. I had to ring DH and ask him what to do when I got stung! ANd all that was, was to put ice on it!
    So well done to you!
    If you ever need a good book to read, I love Jodi Picolt books. They are always, sit on the edge of your seat books. I love My Sisters Keeper. It is my most favourite book ever! It is very sad though, and I bawled my eyes out, but I do reccomend it to anyone!
    Happt 8 months also to mr Ethan
    Jas, do you mind if you e-mail me the ebook? One of the mothers in mothers group is having terrible time with her son and sleeping through the night at the moment. I will pm my e-mail addy.
    Hope you are better. Nothing like being sick when you are not at home, you just want to get home.
    Em that book sounds good. who is the author?

Well thats all have time for! need to get some house work done before Kaetlyn wakes up!

The author is Carolyn Jessop. I finished it last night and it was so good! Sara - I absolutely love Jodi Picoult too. She has a new one coming out in April called Change of Heart (I think). Really looking forward to reading it.

Well, MIL and FIL came around last night. Brought T a massive easter egg and cracked it when i wouldn't let him have any. I have enough trouble with him eating and drinking without introducing him to chocolate just yet! Tom kept crawling over and touching the curtains so we were taking him away and saying "No' really firmly. Of course he wouldn't listen and thought it was all a game, so MIL was like "Give him a smack. You need to show him who is boss". She kept saying it, I was so angry ! I was so glad when they left!

Ok vent over! Quick question - is anyone using cows milk in recipes or on cereal for bubs? I know we have to wait until 12months for drinking it but i have a few recipes in my baby book that use it, like cauliflower cheese etc. Not sure if i should give them a go yet.

Em- I just remebered that My sisters Keeper is being made into a movie this year! That is one movie that I will be queing up for!!!
    i must put that book on my birthday list for MIL! She likes buying me books! Will look it up on the web now.
    You can give them milk in recipies/cooking, but not as a drink. I have decided to wait until 12months before having milk at all, even in recepies. In the meantime she can have other dairy. LOL could you make the cheese sauce out of BM? not sure if you are BF though. Ewe what a thought!

**ETA- she is coming to Australia in MAy and has a whole heap of book signings booked ii. Go to her austalian website- its her name dot com dot au and then go to events.MMM might habe to make sure I am free that day!
    Last edited by blueflower; March 26th, 2008 at 07:52 AM.

Good morning!

Feel a bit like a zombie this morning. Avaleigh woke every 2 hours last night, I knew she would because she never gave my any impressive burps with her last feed. I tried to get her to come to bed with me for some more sleep abput 7am but she wouldnt have it. Kept whacking me in the face LOL! Hopefully tonight will be a better night...

HI there everyone!!!
    It's been a little while since I have been in, we drove to Sydney and back over easter ( rom central Victoria, it's 10 hours each way). SO we had a huge easter. Lach was an angel in the car. We've still got him facing backwards, and he STILL loves it! He only woke when we stopped as it was feed time. He's a good little boy in the car.

Anyway, easter saturday night, the teeth started annoying him again. He's been teething pretty badly since then, and now has 4 teeth. He wakes every 2 hours, but it has also very suddenly gotten cold here too, so he's probably feeling that aswell. We brought him into our bed last night, and it was much better, my boobies got a rest of more than 2 hours. LOL
    I am hoping the teeth just stay cut now, and don't slink back down into his gums.... he's got a top one and a bottom one hat won't go back down, they are half way up. He looks a tad odd.... lol

We've got crawling here aswell. Still feeding like a champion. Drinking from cups. We've completely gotten rid of bottles (haven't used any for a few months now anyway), and he just drinks juice and water himself It's great not having to do everything, but I still miss my tiny little newborn bundle.

We're off to MCHN this friday, which is alos Lach's 8 mths b'day. Then I am off to gippsland ( 5-6hours from home) for a friends birthday, and the boys are staying home for the weekend. I amlooking forward to the time off, but I am also not looking forward to it, but I have to get used to being away from him at some stage, and he's just starting to get clingy....

To all of those that have been sick, I hope you are now feeling much better. With the sudden change in weather, I think I might come down with something, and it will be the first time I have been sick since mid pregnancy.

HAPPY 8 MONTHS ETHAN!!!! I hope you guys have a great day

Just a question regarding where everyone is at with solids...
    Are we all still mashing? We have graduated from puree to mash now, and it's going quite well. I was just wondering if anyone has graduated any further? I haven't tried toast or anything yet... how would I know when he's ready? I'm really scared of him choking.
    I am planning on giving him some whole rockmelon today, but using a fresh food feeder.
    We haven't started on meat yet... which I will probably do next week. ANd also, has anyone tried cheese yet? I have read that around now is a good time to start on shredded cheese, but I am a little ify on that...

Anyway, I best be off. The boy is trying to get to the powerboards again...... little bugger.

xxoo Nicky

Well Lach just had his first taste of rockmelon, and it's probably so far his all time favourite food. yay! The fresh food feeder is great. I will probably start serving proper finger foods in the next few weeks..
    Has anyone else started this?

Hi ladies just popped in for a quick read before leaving for our visit with the CHN.

Nicky rockmelon is ethans all time favourite too! I put some foods in the feeder, like grapes etc but i just give him rockmelon, watermelon, honeydew, pear and he holds it and eats it, i have also given him fish and chicken as finger foods too oh and other than rusks and sandwiches he occasionally has a milk arrowroot too.
    he loves to hold his food and feed himself.

Anyway must go or i will find myself being late. BBL for a better post and some personals, Bye.

Hi everyone sorry its been so long between posts, but you know how busy things can get
    Nicky- I was a bit funny too about finger foods and quite scared that he would choke but he did really well! He has had toast and bread without the crusts he loves it! He also loves cruskits and on Sat I gave him a hot chip from my lunch at the pub, he he he im a good mum really! But the chip was big and had no skin, I just sucked the salt off it! I have never seen a piece of food disapear so fast! lol
    A quick update- My little man is commando crawling and boy does he move fast! Unfortunately he has discovered there are rooms outside the Lounge and he wants to get to them! I miss my stationary baby
    He also has TWO teeth His bottom ones! He has been ok with them a little bit clingy but not too bad. Oh our babies are growing up soooooooo fast!
    Take care everyone
    xox

Hi,

Nay, Good to hear that everything is going well!

Nicky, Bubs can have toast from 6months onwards I felt funny about it too but the chn recommended it and all the other mum at mothers group were giving it to their bubs too so I started giving it to him about 6weeks ago and he loves it he also has fresh fruit, cheese sticks, he had a sandwhich on monday and he's going great Heinz has baby soup that is 6months+ its thick ike pumpkin soup and Noah has had that for dinner with toast quite a few times!

Ngala, that's no good at all!

Em, How annoying I hate when other people think you should raise your kids according to their standards! And yep Noah has had a bit of milk on cereal weetbix and also in recipes with white sauce

Blueflower, No worries just pm me your email and i'll send it through

Jess, Happy 8 months Ethan!

hgey everyone!

just a quick one from me cause I have a baby hanging off me that wants some breakfast... Avaleigh stood up all by herself last night!! As in, she was sitting in the middle of the carpet area and then lanched herself up on to her feet!!! She hadbeen doing this funny thing for a few days and finally worked it out. You should have seen how shocked Jason and I were and how quickly Jason grabbed her once he realised what happened and cause she was about to fall over. What a clever girl!!

well better get her breakfast ready.

Megan76 Guest

So much going on...such a bad time to be missing! Things have been so busy! Easter was hectic and lucas was a grump! Something is up with him but not sure what!! His day sleeps have been all over the place and he is off his milk....took us an hour to get 140mls into him last night and he only had about 80 ml the night before and then was awake at 4.30am which isnt like him. Anyway we will push on, although its frustrating i am sure its a stage, could be more teeth. WHO REALLY KNOWS!! Thats the problem with kids i guess!!

Well i will try and catch up with some posts but its been hard with a baby barely sleeping!!

One question....does anyone know if our bubs could/should have flu shots at this age! There were some horrible cases last year of the flu being deadly so i am just wondering if i should get it done!

.....also i got My Sisters Keeper for xmas...LOVED IT!!

BBL

Megan76 Guest

OK going to have to catch up in shifts i think...

V - clever Avaleigh! Lucas has no idea even with crawling but he does pull himself up on stuff! Hope your sleep was better last night.

Jas - Lucas has that Heinz soup...never thought of toast with it!!

This is going to take awhile, he's awake!!

Oh another exciting thing has happened this week. YAY! Its been a week of 'firsts'!! Avaleigh has cut her first tooth!! She has the bottom right one poking through!! That might explain the horrible nights and the clinginess. How long does it take for the tooth to fully come through??

Oh and she is waving now too. I am planning to teach her to wave hello with her right hand and bye with her left. Do you reckon she will pick that up?

Well better go.. some one wants to be cuddled

Good morning ladies.

Veronica- Welldone avaleigh for standing up It is a shock hey because your not expecting it, Ethan was playing behind my chair at my mums and i got up to chech on him and nearly fell over because he was standing there playing with the curtains!! Also yay on her first tooth.

Megan- Sorry to hear things are tough at the moment and i agree that its very frustrating Ethans routine was great for 3 days now its all out of wack again, but i think its teeth here, Ethan had Really red checks yesterday, lots of very stringy dribble and inside his mouth was sooo hot and boy was grizzly.

Well i feel like a walking zombie again today as ethan is back to not sleeping properly, I just feel like he is not a routine child and dont know wether to stop and just go with the flow or just perservere, What do you all think?
    I would really love for him to have a regular bed time though.

All went well at Ethans check up, he now weighs 9.100kg!!! and is 67cm long! Health wise he is great, CHN said he is teething so check for teeth! And she said he is quite advanced for his age and she thinks he will probably walk before he is one, scary! She kept laughing at him though as he was playing on the floor and screaming, shouting and squealing so loud lol so the appt took longer than expected as we couldnt hear ourselves!

Oh and i agree with My sisters Keeper, I just finished it two weeks ago, it was great!
    BBL...

Megan - how much is Lucas drinking during the day? So far Tom has refused everything i have given him today. Not even a sip. But he will drink water so I don't know what is going on. Yesterday during the day he drank about 60ml all up and last night i managed to get him to drink about 120ml by laying him in his cot and reading him stories while he drank. It is so frustrating! Not sure if i should make a app with MCHN or assume this is a phase he is going through. They never mentioned this step in the book handbook (the one they forgot to send with my child!).

Megan76 Guest

Oh Em i agree...where is that book!! Lucas will drink about 200-240ml in morning....about 140-200ml in afternoon and who knows at the moment before bed! So more than you are getting into Tom atm you poor thing! The problem is the BATTLE! It takes so long to get it into him over the last week. I have to give him all different toys to distract him (today the Big W catalogue and his socks worked a treat!) and take him to different rooms in the house! It takes an hour to have the thing!! I'm not sure whether i should just give him a half an hour limit and just be done with what he drinks cos we are probably developing bad habits. Oh the joys!! I have my MHN appt next week so will ask what to do and how much he really needs. Sounds like a few of them are doing it though so it is probably just a stage and i know lucas has done it before and come good again! I hope you can get something into Tom today..given the amount he is having maybe just call the maternal health line and see what they suggest?? Good luck!!!!!!!!

TOJ - I'm glad all went well with your appt and it sounds like Ethan is going great guns! He is definately more advanced than lucas! Maybe try and stick with the routine for a bit longer to see if he gets into it. Maybe you need to wake him at the same time each morning so the day starts at the same time. In saying that, if they dont sleep for the same amount of time in thier naps each day it can all get a bit buggered up!
    Last edited by Megan76; March 27th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Megan76 Guest

OK what else...

Em - Lucas has normal milk on weetbix and it hasn't been a problem! MIL's huh!!

Nicky - I'm glad Lach was such a good boy for you in the car. Lucas has got a bit psycho in the car! He just blows raspberries and squeals...gives me a headache! Lach sounds pretty clever with his crawling and drinking, what sort of cup does he drink out of? I haven't found one lucas likes yet. Oh and i am mashing vegies, and giving toast but thats the only thing lucas will feed himself.

I'm getting there...now i must clean up a bit!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast