Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #21

Hi Ladies,

I have two bb pages at the same time with 2 seperate thread so if I forget you in my personals Im sorry!!

V, POAS! POAS! I know it's not in your plans just yet but if I'm honest I kinda hope you are UTD! hehe

Mel, How are you hun? Your cake sounds great! I bought a new cake book today so will have to pick a cake Phil and I are going shopping tomorrow to look at decorations, invited etc

Megan, That is so sad about your friend I think the locket idea sounds great, Maybe a photo frame you could get engraved with always in our hearts or something and they could put an u/s pic in there

Sorry mind blank already!

Noah is a bit sick atm bad cough and runny nose took him to the dr today and got some antibiotics, he is also 11months old today! Forgot to mention he has 5 teeth now!

I just had to tell someone, my sister rang me last night and told me she was pregnant. I worked out her EDD and she is due Feb 19th 09. I'm so excited, I'm nearly busting at the seams with happiness for them. She is a little nervous, but I'm sure she will adjust soon. She is going to the docs today to confirm and go from there. I'm so happy today ...............................................

Hi there all,
    Haven' t been able to access BB for this whole week until now... apparently there are problems...

WIll read through posts and pop back later

Hi all,

Sorry been MIA for a week or so but so busy!! I am back to work now for 2 days a week. Not with my old work, my Mum's friend runs a busy so just donig some admin there so that is good, gets me out and about.

Few questions before I get stuck into personals:

Does everyone still sterilise bottles?
    um, maybe that was my only questions LOL may think of more later.
    Oh yeah - are you babies cuddly babies? Olivia isn't and I wish she was, I grave cuddles. She jamed her fingers in the draw today and screamed so I picked her up to comfort her and she wasn't interested

Megs I am so sorry to hear about your friend, I will give Olivia a big hug when she wakes. I hope she will be ok. I think a locket is a great idea and have in loving memory on the back or something.

V - TEST TEST TEST!!!!

Mel - Olivia is sickie too, bad cough and runny nose. I Hope your angels get better soon. I think I will be emotional on Liv's birthday as well. We are hvaing a naming ceremony and my mum is reading a poem about daughters and when our friend, the celebrant (she married us too) read it to me over the phone I nearly cried!!! I am a softie

Sarah - how is Bayleigh? Poor thing I hope he, and you are dong ok. Hugs
    Must run, finish breaky, get dressed then off to the shops to buy a doona for Olivia

Lis xxxx
    Hi to everyone else xxxx

Morning!

Brrr!! It is sooo cold.. its like 3 degrees and that is FREEzING! Avaleigh's room is 15 degrees so I chucked the heating on. We've been told to keep heating down to a minimun because of the power place that exploded but c'mon! Its 3 degrees AND Avaleigh is a little snuffly from her teeth coming through. She is back in bed too. I went to the gym, came home and fed her and she fell asleep so I put her back to bed. woohoo for me! We've got to go out later so I am glad she is back in bed now.

Well still no AF for me and I am at CD32.. so its 5 days late!!! Hmmm i think i will buy a test when I am out at the shops later!! You know what I have been feeling??? I know it is really strange and just probably my head playing tricks, but I have been getting kicking feeling in my ribs, like what Avaleigh used to do!! Stupid huh! But will probably test cause we may be going to a friends for drinks tomorrow and dont want to drink if i am UTD.. i dont think i am tho but not 100% sure!

Mel - YAY for your sister!!! That is brilliant!! Areyou going to be her doula? Is this her first child? Is she younger or older than you?

Jan - it wont be long until Liam really is walking and then the fun begins!

Jas - I hope that Noah gets better soon and WOW at all the teeth! I think Avaleigh will have 6 teeth very soon.

Lis - I just wash Avaleigh's bottle in hot soapy water and let it air dry! And Avaleigh is a cuddly baby, I think. If you put your arms out she will run towards you with a hug and she likes to be hugged when she hurts herself, so i guess she is.. kinda annoying som,etimes cause youwill be in the middle of dinner and she hurts herself and wants a hug!

Well I better call my nephew and wish him Happy 5th birthday!!! I cantbelieve he is 5. I still remember his birth 5 years ago.. My gosh, before we know it our babies are going to be 5!!

Hmm.. will this reply work? I haven't been able to get on for quite a while - BB keeps dropping out and losing posts so I have just given up! Fingers crossed this works!

Megan - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. So sad. After I heard about those poor little twins that were starved to death, it just makes me think that some people really don't deserve to be parents whereas people like your friend have it so hard. I like idea of the locket - the only other thing I could think of would be a plant or a statue for in the garden maybe. You are lovely to want to do something for her.

Lis - Tom isn't a cuddly baby either . He is quite willing to hug his teddy - we say "Give teddy loves" and he throws himself on it, hugging and kissing and going 'ahhh' but if we say "Give mummy and daddy loves", he generally just crawls away, returns with his cricket bat and whacks us with it - so that proves he is really not cuddly! I am trying to teach him to give kisses so at least i will get some affection, but normally if I put my face close to his, he uses it as an excuse to pull my nose or rip out my earrings. We don't sterilise bottles anymore either - just wash in hot water or run them through the dishwasher. I figured he can lick the floor so its not really worth it.

Mel - congratulations about your sister!! Is she the one that just got married? If so, she didn't waste any time! Is it your first niece or nephew? When I had Tom I didn't realise how excited my older sister would be as she has 2 kids - but it was her first time as an aunty so she was beside herself. Good luck with the cake for Jack. I have no idea what to do for Tom's - I dont have much luck with cakes but i guess i better do something. Maybe I can cheat and buy a mudcake and decorate it myself .

Jan - I hear you on the being sad about walking. Tom is taking steps around the furniture and balancing by himself and everyone is so excited but I am sad. They only crawl for a small amount of time and Tom is so funny when he does it - he just puts his head down and goes, no matter what is in his way!

Did anyone read in the announcements that Starfish's (Zofia) Diana is one today! She hasn't posted with us for a while, I think she mainly posts in the June buddies now.

We have my sisters engagement party on Sunday afternoon so really looking forward to getting to wear a dress instead of my mummy uniform of trackies ! I went down this morning and brought Tom a shirt and some dark demin jeans - he is going to look like such a little man! My sister is taking us girls for a pedicure on Saturday and tomorrow I am getting my hair cut and coloured so it will be nice to have some pampering!
    Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

Lis - Liam isn't particularly cuddly, although he does have his clingy moments where he wants to be picked up & held. Usually at the most inconvenient times of course. I've been trying to get him to give kisses, but he's totally not interested. He doesn't even have a favourite soft toy, although he talks to his teddies in the morning. Mostly he just likes wheels, and opening cupboards & drawers.

Em - I like your reasoning for not bothering to sterilize bottles anymore. It's amazing the stuff they can find on the ground. Liam's quite keen on leaves.

Mel - that 's such exciting news for your sister. Hope it all went well for her at the drs today.

Nicky - how are things? Any luck with Lach's diet changes, have you noticed an improvement for him?

Em - you made me laugh, Olivia does the same with her teddies!!! She kisses, cuddles and rolls on the floor with them but not us! When I go into her in the mornings after her being asleep for 12 hours, all she want to do is say morning to her teddies, if I pull her out before this she cries If I kiss DH infront of her she will kiss us but that is it!!! Its funny, hopefully she changes when she gets older.

Mel - I forgot to congratulate your news about your Sister!! Is she the one that recently go married?

V - HAVE YOU TESTED YET!!!!!!!???????

Thanks for the bottles advice, I am going to but my electric sterliser away tomorrow whoo hoo!! More bench space. What about boiling the water? I knew I forgot a questions, do you still do that?

I got my hair cut tonight LOVE IT! Feels SO good
    I bought Olivia a quilt for her bed today, it has butterflies all over it and is SO cute. I also got her dress for her party which has butterflies over it also....can you see a theme hehehe

Hey Flossie, Olivia's theme sounds very cute. How did you get your hair cut? I got mine done today too. Just went back to blonde with a chuncky sexy bob. Wanted a whole new look for a pick me up.

Thanks girls for congratulating my sister. She is the one that just got married. She had her last period on their honeymoon, so no wasting time there. She had been off the pill for awhile but had decided last weekend that she would go back on it, as they really wanted to knuckle down and save money. But I guess mother nature had other plans. It's just the best news.

Something to take my mind off that those terrible deaths of the 18month old little boy and girl in Sunnybank. It has really touched me, and I can't stop thinking about it. How could something like this happen? It's just aweful. Those poor little babies, I just hope that they are playing peacefully now with the angels above. God bless their little souls.

Em, I have 1 neice and nephew on my side of the family, but on DH side I have 3 neices and 1 nephew. But this time it's different. Maybe because I'm old enough to appreciate it. My DH family live in sydney so I don't get to see them much. And my oldest sister's kids are older and I was a teenager when she was pregnant, so not really interesting in big belly's, IYKWIM. Enjoy the pampering. You deserve to get rewarded and feel like a princess from time to time. I think we all deserve it more often. Is the party just at her place?

V, my sister is 3 years older. I doubt I can be her offical doula as she lives in Mt Isa, but I will definately be here for her, for anything. She has already asked to forward onto her all the information I have. I would love to be there for her, during the birth, but even if she wanted me to, I don't think that I would be able to make it up there in time. Qantas only fly there twice a day. I hope avaleigh gets better soon. Jack cut through 3 in the last few days. He now has 5 and it looks like the other top one is on it's way through as well. So different to Charlize who at this stage had none. Let us know if you pick up the pee stick over the weekend. You never know, my sister and you might be due around the same time?????????

Jan, Liam sounds very cute talking to his teddies in the morning. Jack's fav. word at the moment is Birdie, even at 5am after a dreamfeed, birdie this birdie that, then fast asleep. Little buggers!!!!

Anyway ladies, I'll be back later, still got some cleaning to do, eekkkk!!!!

Hi Ladies

Wow there was a fair few posts to read through tonight! Its great. I haven't been posting either as i just dont have the patience to wait and wait lol

Ethan seems to slowly be getting better ever since i got him a vapouriser to use in his room at night, his cough is still pretty nasty though and at least 3x a day he is vomiting from constantly coughing, it seems phlegmy and being so little he just cant get it up iykwim. I also think his teeth are doing there thing again as his cheeks have been red and dryish for the past two days, he is the price of Drooling and his nappy.....You really dont want to know lol Flu wise im staring to feel a bit better and sleep well, im surviving on what i get a fair bit of stress going on atm so is affecting my sleep. I also went to the dr the other day as i woke up and it felt like my throat was really swollen and i had to gasp for breath (i thought i was going to die!!) and the dr has diagnosed me with Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease (GERD) which is like chronic reflux and the reason my throat went that way is that my throat lining is burnt, so diet adjustments in place and that terrible mylanta will hopefully keep it tolerable for now. The thing is that GERD is usually life long and requires medication most times but the pills have not been proven safe during pregnancy the good thing is that the dr thinks that being it started with pregnancy it may go when bubs is born like GD. I hope so lol if i have tomato or anything acidic i know whats going to happen in the morning lol at least i will have a warning this time and wont panic!!

Mel- Hope your babys are feeling better soon. Your hair cut sounds Great, Do you feel better for it? Congratulations to your sister, how exciting. I cant believe jack is only 2 wks away from being one! Im going to be another emotional one too, i got teary just thinking about 1st birthdays the other day, but i tear up over just about anything lately!
    Hearing about those little twins broke my heart poor little darlings so devastating. How cute is jack talking birdies at 5am!!

Lis- Nope ethan not a cuddly baby really either, but sometimes i would just love a hug too! No sterilising here either, and im no longer boiling water either, although occasionally i still do sometimes, i started unboiled water by giving 1 unboiled bottle a day for a week and then added one each week until all his bottles were unboiled iykwim.

Em- Enjoy your pampering hey its great to do it when you can, I hope to get to a hair dresser soon i feel like a ragged house wife atm The engagement party sounds fun, enjoy yourselves.

Oops Ethan is awake ladies so must pop back to finish personals later or tomorrow.

Oh before i go Veronica goodluck with your POAS if you decide to do it! How exciting.

OK Goodnight ladies.

Hey Everyone!!

I've got the be honest with you all. I dont think I am preggers at all! I think my body is getting ready to ovulate now or soon.. SO I dont think I am going to POAS, but I do need to go to the shops later and I might wonder past the HPTs...

Well I better go! We've got a busy afternoon.. BBL for personals

UH OH!!! Avaleigh has 4 teeth cutting through at once!! SHe is handling it pretty well but has the rosiest red cheeks! So cute.. I better get a photo of this day so we remember that 4 teeth cut through at once!
    Last edited by Ngala; June 20th, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Jess - you poor thing having to take Mylanta, I absolutely hated the stuff when I was pregnant. Fingers crossed that it does go away once Bub2 arrives.

V - I hope that something happens for you soon. Maybe all the dieting combined with BFing and everything else thats on your mind has just got your body in a bit of a spin. Poor Avaleigh, getting 4 teeth at once, but then kind of lucky to get them over & done with in one hit.

Mel - I hear you on those tragic twins, got to be one of the saddest things I've ever heard. I started reading the posts about it, but just couldn't after a bit, it's so upsetting. Thank goodness we have some good stories to share to help balance the emotions out.

Lis - the quilt sounds really pretty, and butterflies are such a gorgeous girlie theme to have. How much fun is the party planning.

I've had a lovely day today. Had some school friends over for lunch, girls that I had lost contact with, then last year we had a school reunion, and we've stayed in touch, which is really nice. One of them had a really sad story though, her younger sister lost her baby the week before christmas, she went full term & had perfect pg, but apparently the cord got twisted around, and baby had spent too much time in meconium, so only lived a short while. Breaks my heart to hear, but the good news is that she's pg again, but the freaky thing is that she found out she was pg exactly 1yr & a day after she found out about her first pg, and her 2nd baby is due on pretty much the same day. THat would make for some really tough emotions I think. And on another good note, a close friend of mine who's been trying for a while and had a couple of m/c's is now 13weeks along, so I'm absolutely thrilled for her. Problem is, all this pg talk is making me super clucky, but I still haven't seen AF, and I'm bfing so much I don't like my chances of anything happening. Oh, and having the "energy" would probably help too. All good though, cos I would prefer to be married before no2 anyway, so there's some motivation for getting these things organised quicksmart.

Heya Jan!
    How are ya???
    Our sleeping has improved so much over here... so exciting! Lach has slept 12 hours the last 2 nights. He has woken maybe twice a night for his dummy, but quickly goes back off.

His Constipation is another story. The soy formula he is on has done nothing. If anything, it's a little worse.
    So once this tin of formula is done, we will revert back to normal formula, adn try vaalia yoghurt ( which has probiotics in it) and yakult. If that doesn't work, it's onto laxatives. Fingers crossed something works for him. We head back to the pead just after his 1st birthday to reveiw everything.

Thanks for asking about me.
    Well I've been very busy with everything lately. Amongst organising lachie's birthday party and my wedding, I am also organising a bit of a party for my own birthday. 25 is a bit of a milestone I reckon LOL

Well, I hope you are all well. I seem to be getting lost in the posts.

Chat soon

xxoo Nicky

Hi Everyone

Hope you have all had a nice weekend.

Well Ethan has been terribly ill again! I thought his flu had cleared up but on friday morning all of a sudden he had a real high fever was all floppy and kept drifting in and out of sleep and when he was awake would just cry and i couldnt get him to eat or drink anything, I took him to the Drs (was very lucky to get in there) and his temp was up to 39.5! I was scared so i had to take him to the hospital for a supositry poor little thing, it was rather uncomfortable for him but within 30 mins his temp was back to normal and we got to go home, yesterday his temp went back to 38.7 but with a tepid bath and panadol it slowly came back down, soo far today his temp is ok so hopefully it stays that way, if all is good by tuesday then he wont need to go back to the dr, he thought it was just viral. The scariest thing was when i lifted his shirt up at the drs he had broken out in a febrile rash wich wasnt there like 10mins earlier, i freaked and thought "OMG whats wrong with him"! Besides that my flu has cleared up, just got the sniffles, and the morning sickness has disappeared!! So relieved lol as i had it all the way through with ethan, now i just need my energy back!

Nicky- Yay for lachie, what great sleep I hope the constipation is sorted out soon hun, must be so uncomfortable for your little man.

Jan- Yes i cant stand the mylanta either, it makes me gag everytime!

Veronica- Poor Avaleigh cutting four teeth at once! Hopefully they come through quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Well i best get off here, just thought i would pop in while having a break from the house work and i need to get motivated again lol
    BBL

Hi everyone. You've all been so busy with your posts, I don't know if I can keep up

Nicky - Autie is taking something called Mega Oil for her eczema and a side effect is really good bowel movements. If you want to give it a go, it's a combination of natural oils and you can get it at good chemists. It will be in the fridge section.

Jess - so sorry to hear little Ethan has been feeling so poorly. Thank goodness you are feeling a bit better. I will send some energy vibes your way

Jan - That's both sad and happy news about the baby - would be bittersweet for them I think. Hope everything goes well for them this time. I hear you on the cluckiness. I have to keep looking at Autie and thinking 'no, hold out! I don't want to divide my time just yet!' Can't believe you still haven't got AF! I only lasted til 5months AND I was BF night and day!

V - Wow, four at once! Hope little Avaleigh is coping with all that toofy action!

Lis - I don't boil water and haven't for months. My personal opinion is, the sooner they're exposed to germs, the sooner they build an immune system (or like Em said, they can lick the floor so what's the point? LOL) The butterflies sound very cute. We are having those little pink fairy cupcakes for Autie's party. Is Olivia getting a butterfly cake?

It's funny all this talk about cuddly bubs atm. Autumn has just begun giving kisses (lots) when we ask and is also into giving 'squeezies' though she's not one to sit on your lap and snuggle for ages - far too much work to do! LOL I think she is weaning herself off me which I thought was going to NEVER happen as she's always been so BFing mad keen. It's good because she will take a bottle now and sleeps better and is settling herself but also kinda sad
    How much formula is everyone on per day these days?
    Crap, gotta go and didn't get to everyone sorry. Can't keep dinner waiting when it's been cooked for me though...

Just a quick hi and bye sorry!

v test test test!!!!!!

Morning everyone!

Just a quick one from me as I have bacon cooking (bacon and eggs for brekky - YUM!!) I am NOT pregnant. I've been charting my cycle since missing my period and my temp has taken a dive and all signs are pointing to me ovulating now. Its funny cause I missed my period 9 days ago and I am ovulating now, which would be the same time if I did have my period! Probably all the stress and new diet made my body get out of whack. I've stopped my diet and will probably have a job in the next week or so, so the stress is slowly going away..

BBL for personals!

YEEHAW!!! I've got a job!! My dad organised some work for me and this company sounds really good and really laid back. Its a new area within the company that they are trying to work out and trying to find the right people for it. at the moment its 5 weeks of garanteed work, but if I dont have the right skills, then it mightnt work out. But they will love me!! I start whenever I can get Avaleigh in to day care and I can do what ever hours that I want.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast