Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #21

Hey - now that Lachie's walking, he could walk you down the aisle!

Just a quick one for Jan. In case it helps, I was up 6 -9 times a night BF Autie back to sleep and it was seriously driving me crazy. She wouldn't allow patting or rocking and screamed until I fed her. Then I reached the point of enough is enough about 5 or 6 weeks ago and decided that I wouldn't feed after she'd gone to bed at 6.30 so when she woke the first time, I held her tight enough that she couldn't arch and sat in the chair and just rocked her doing loud 'sshhh' until she fell back asleep. Took about 10mins the first time,then four more times during that night, each time less. The next night she was sleeping 4 -6 hour stretches and going back to sleep with rocking without a fuss. I never wanted to control cry but having her in my arms the whole time was ok for me. I made sure to give over the top love during the day and as soon as she woke for the day (anytime after 5) I would bring her in for cuddles and BF and tell her how happy I was with her. Now she goes to bed with a bottle (we are weaning and I NEVER thought she would allow that) and puts herself to sleep while I sit in the chair and wakes maybe once a night but can go straight back off with just a 'sshh'. It's fantastic and while I could say 'I should've done it months ago' I actually think I needed to wait until she was ready to understand things a bit better. Anyway enough ramble, just thought it might help as Autie was such a boob freak too.

Hey Everyone!!

Jan - Avaleigh used to wake during the night for a feed but it was only once or twice and I was successful in breaking that habit. I did the same as Sacha, where I held her, cuddled and rocked until she was back to sleep, I think she was quiet in my arms but when I put her down she would get back up and cry for a feed. It took a few nights of this for her to start sleeping through again. And if she was to wake up, I would just give her a cuddle and she would go back to sleep. I think you can break the habit but it might jsut take a little while and you have got to stick with it. So you may have a couple of tough nights ahead of you but you can break the routine!!

Sacha - What are you weaning Autie to - cow's milk or formula?

I've had a bit of success with cow's milk with Avaleigh. I was trying to express milk to make bottles for day care but I just wasnt getting enough and I wanted to spend my last few days as a SAHM with Avaleigh, not expressing!! So I tried cow's milk with her, at first she didnt like it and was playing with the bottle. Butyesterday I just let her have the bottle, put a bib on her and let her do her own thing. After several tries she drunk the whole bottle and wanted more!! So this has given me some confidence that she will be OK at daycare cause they can give her milk before a nap and she will sleep (I just tried this, we would normally bf her to sleep). So I've decided to cut half of her bf's out, so we will just be doing a bf first thing in the morning, after dinner, and then before bed. We will see how we go with this and then once she reaches 12 months, I will drop out the dinner feeds and then slowly drop the rest until we are totally on cow's milk.

Avaleigh's been great with her solids. She is getting the hang of her new 6 teeth and is munching down everything. We are still on pureed dinner, but when her top 4 teeth are fully out, I am going to introduce some lumps. We've tried some new fruit this week, which she loves! She has been eating kiwi fruit, rock melon and pineapple. She tried the pineapple at mum's house and I didnt think she would like it, but she loved it!

Well I have 2 more days, well a day and a 1/2, until I start work on Monday. I am really looking forward to it. I see the new company and new position as a new start in life. I hope my hourly rate is going to be OK cause daycare is soo expensive and if its not good, I will be working just to have Avaleigh in daycare and that wasnt the point of going back to work. I hope centrelink gives us some family assistance, Jason doesnt think they will but I have a little bit of hope.

Well I better be off, Avaleigh is fast asleep so I am going to give my hair a treatment and have some 'me' time.

Hello everyone and have a great weekend!!

V - Autie's on formula. I did a few calculations and I think it works out roughly the same price as cow's milk anyway. Plus I find it easier to travel with the powder - don't have to worry about refrigeration and I can keep a bottle ready to make up beside my bed in case I have to resort to a bottle at night. Since starting the bottle she hasn't asked for a BF much at all. She has a bottle before each nap and at bedtime and I offer the BF in the morning more for comfort and cuddles than anything. Then during the day she only has it if she asks for it. I don't think I have a lot left in me anyway so whatever she has is only snack size LOL
    It's good that Avaleigh likes her fruit. I've been very slack on the fruit front as Autie is so inconsistent with whether she'll eat it and I got sick of all this fruit going to waste. I've tried her on purees too but it's the same with those, and too expensive to buy and only have one spoonful. At least she's good with vegies I guess. She is pretty much eating everything we eat unless it's too spicy or sugary which is handy.

And YEY! She took her first steps tonight right before bed. I know she's been capable for a while and just wasn't interested in giving it a go, but tonight she was walking back and forth between Dan and I, all proud and excited. Can't wait to practise with her again tomorrow now that she's suddenly up for it.

Well I've had a busy day baking for tomorrow. She is having mini cupcakes with pink icing, pink glitter and pink and white butterflies on top for her cake so I made about 40 of those (so cute), a slice and banana bread. In the process, I smashed the glass lid of the coffee bottle on the tiles and OMG I don't think there was an inch of the kitchen/dining area that glass didn't find. Then I was paranoid about slivers getting in Autie's hands and feet so spent ages doing an extra careful vacuum along every wall and all corners - don't think my floor's ever been so clean! LOL

Well I am just rambling and sorry it's all been about me but where the smurf is everyone else these days anyway?! I wouldn't have to talk about us so much if someone else was putting in their two cents...

Enchanted Guest

gorgeous ladies and bubbas!!

Well clearly we have been MIA again I know, I'm pretty useless at keeping up!

Things her have been pretty [email protected] We have all been sick on and off for a few months now It all started up again 3 weekends ago when we went to Yarrawonga and the first morning we were there we noticed Oscar had ulcer's on his tongue. He had been really upset the night before so none of us got any sleep. We took him to the Dr and all we could do was put bonjela on them Then when we got home DH got sick and so did I and we still are now . Last weekend Oscar had a cough but I just let him go as it didn't sound too bad. Sunday night when I went to bed I checked in Oscar and he started breathing strangely, I checked him temp and it was 39.7 I gave him some Nurofen and we rushed him to the hospital as his breathing was very laboured and he was shivering. Turns out he has Croup so he has been on meds the past week.

On a better note I can't believe all our bubs will be 1 soon!! This past year has absolutely flown. I'll attempt personals.. sorry if I forget anyone!

Nicky- I can't believe that Lachie is walking! What a clever little man he is! Oscar is still just walking around the furniture and not showing much interest in letting go That's fantastic that you have been getting long blocks of sleep You must feel like a new woman!!

Jas- How exciting about TTC #2! Sounds like you are very organised for Noah's birthday. I need to get cracking with Oscar's presents! I have no idea what to get him I was thinking maybe a little table & some chairs from Ikea as a start.

Raels- Hope you and Oliver are doing well! Can't wait to hear more from you!

Mel- I hope Jack is doing ok. Must have been so scary for you all. It is so hard to watch them every second isn't it. I hope you are feeling a bit better and not feeling like it is your fault hun. I bet it's hard to not feel that way though. Glad to hear that the outlook for him is positive though. Keep us updated.

V- Even though I have already said it I will say it again "Congrats on the new job!!" How exciting hun!! I'm sure the first week will be tough getting used to everything but it will take heaps of stress off you and Jason and I bet Avaleigh will love playing with all the other kiddies at daycare!!

Sacha- How did Autie's birthday party go today? I bet she was spoilt rotten!! How exciting about her taking her first steps!! Now there will be no stopping her Her cupcakes sound soo cute! You will have to put a pic up and show us.

That's as far as I can go back and all I can manage!! Have a great night ladies!

Dani - Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Poor little Oscar and his mum and dad. Hope you all come good in time for his birthday. A table and chairs is a great idea, I'd like to get Autie some too. We don't really have a place for her to start experimenting with art and puzzles etc.

The party in the park went really well though Autie wasn't too sure about all the 'strangers' who were paying her so much attention LOL She got heaps of pressies: a sandpit, LOADS of books and clothes, a Wiggles drum that she uses to climb onto the coffee table a shape sorter, DVDs (Hi-5 and Playschool), a photo album made like a cloth book so it's Autie proof (she loves looking at photos of people she knows so that was a great one) a fairy dress, cot set, flat unicorn pillow thing, a doll with zippers/buttons/velcro etc, some stubby crayons for little hands. Not a heap of trashy toys which is good. We're both stoked with all the books especially.
    She got a huge sugar rush off the cupcake and was a nightmare to put to sleep in the afternoon, buzzing all around the cot making weird noises. All up, it was a positive day though. Everyone loved the park as the playground is massive with lots of funky play equipment, and the guys all played cricket and footy on the oval with the older kids so no-one got bored.
    I have taken down all Autie's photos from our gallery but I will put a few of her party up if anyone is interested.
    Hope everyone else had a happy weekend!

Hi girls,

Sacha - that's wonderful that Auties party went so well! The presents sound great. I have been telling everyone to get books for Oliver! Would love to see some photos if you want to put some up. And for her taking her first steps! Did she manage anymore today? You were asking about taking Oliver out on the boat - well, we actually went out in the river last weekend. What sort of boat do you guys have? We have a big tinny but it has a false floor in it which is perfect for the kids! Oliver enjoyed it, but he was a little scared at first from the noise but once we stopped and started fishing he was fine. We went after he'd had his morning nap and actually fed him lunch on the boat and took toys with us and he basically just played and ate. We only stayed out for a couple of hours and that was enough. I'm sure Autie will love it!

Danni - sorry to hear that you guys have been sick and poor Oscar having croup. My oldest used to get it and it's not nice I know! Luckily they grow out of it. Has he been prescribed Steroids for it? Hope you all start to feel better very soon.

Nicky - wow at Lachies sleeping! That is just great. And for him starting to walk!! I love Jan's idea about him walking you down the aisle, that would be beautiful!

Jan - I hear you on these babies not wanting to give up their breastfeeds! I don't think Oliver will ever want to give it up lol. I'm not really in any hurry though either I guess. I will keep going for about another 6 months.

Well all is going great here. Oliver has just cut his 6th tooth so now has another bout of the sniffles. It's funny, I always know when another tooth is coming because he starts sneezing! No walking here for us yet, he has let go a few times and when he has realised he cracks up laughing and falls on his bum. Actually, he spends most of his day laughing, he is very giggly little boy. He also dances a lot, I love it!! Today I had him in his pram, rocking him to sleep, well I thought he was going to sleep but when I looked he was sitting up headbanging!! I don't know where he gets it from but it's so cute. He eats everything in sight and still breastfeeds quite a lot too! I don't know when we will start on cows milk, not really in much of a hurry. I am going to be a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding next March so will probably wean him off the breast around christmas.

Well hello to all of those that I have missed! Hope you are all well.

Raels and Oliver. xo

hey everyone

I am trying to enjoy my last night as a SAHM but its not really happening... i have Jason bathing Avaleigh and I am meant to be doing my nails but so many thoughts are going through my head!! I am hoping that I get a good enough wage that me going to work will be worth it.. it can either go two ways - I will get a great wage and have around $250 in my pocket each week after daycare and petrol or it can go the other way where I get a crap wage and only have $100 left in my pocket after daycare and petrol. This is all working off not getting any assistance from the govt, Jason thinks we wont get anything but I am hoping we will...

And then my other thought is, Where the heck is AF???????!!!!!!!!! I am now 15 days late and I am not convinced anymore that I o'd and AF is around the corner.. I just dont know what is going on with my body, I've been having AF type cramps for a while now and I just dont know what we would do if I am pregnant.. I am kinda just putting my head in the sand and trying not to think about it but its a bit hard! We're just financially not in a position to have another baby.... AHHH such stress!!!

And to top it all off, I am going to be going to work tomorrow with a bit of a cold!! Its nothing bad, just a sore throat and a stuffed up head.. Anyway, enough whinging about me.

Sacha - thats great that Autumn had a good birthday and they are some good presents. LOL at Autie having a sugar rush and making weird noises in her cot!!

Danielle - aww! I am sending lots of hugs and get better vibes to you and your family. It doesnt sound like you have had a very good few months. I hope that things get better soon and that oscar's croup goes away.

Well I better go.. have some things to organise for daycare tomorrow and I gotta work out what to where for my first day of work. AHH! Wish me luck everyone.

V, TEST TEST TEST, your killing me with suspense girl!!!

Hey everyone,

V, have you tested yet? How did work go today? I bet you had a blast and went just fine. Let us know about AF

Sacha, sounds like it was a great day to celebrate Auties birthday on Sunday. And she got some great presents as well. I bet she just loved all the attention. And big yey on her first steps, that must have been exciting.

Danni, so sorry to hear about the tough him you are having at the moment. Is little Oscar any better yet? What is Coup? I have heard of it, but don't know anything about it. Thanks for thinking of Jack as well.

Raels, Oliver sounds like a very happy little man. What a cheeky little thing with the head banging, it must have made you laugh. Jack is very similar with his walking, or lack of. He takes a few steps on his own, then realises what he is doing, starts to laugh and falls down. It's so cute to watch.

Well, can you believe tomorrow is the big day for us. It's Jacks 1st birthday I still can't belive how quickly it has come. Unfortunately he is going to hospital for another dressing change, but hopefully he will still have a good day. We had a party for him on Sunday, with just some family and close friends, and he had a great time, and got very spoilt as well. My cake was a hit, Jack loved playing with the cars I used on it afterwards. It was so funny when it came to blowing out his candle. Of course he didn't attempt to, but when I said to all the kids standing about 2 metres away that they could help, Jack and I were nearly blown away with all their efforts and Jack cracked up laughing at them all, it was so lovely.

Anyway like I said tomorrow is another dressing change, not looking forward to it, but I had a dream last night that they removed the dressings and it was all healed, just a little red, I can only my dream comes true. Hopefully this time he won't get to upset, it should be just a dressing change, and they won't have to remove anymore skin, as he seems to be fine until they do that. We might find out tomorrow more about the skin graft.

I'm waiting to find out when exactly it will happen, before I talk to my Doula clients about theirs births. It's unfortunate that 2 of them are due within a month, one any day now. They know what happened, I just said I'll have to play by ear what's going happen. Hopefully they don't go into labour while I'm in hospital with Jack. But I guess if that happens, it happens, I just hope they will understand.

I just noticed, in 3 hours, 365 days ago I started to labour....... Wow, it's just a little exciting and sad at the same time.

Hope everyone else is well.

hEY EVeryone!!

Just a quick one from me as I have some paperwork to fill out for work (haha that sounds funny) and then I want to have a shower and spend some time with Jason.

First day of work went well!! I just did some filing and created some spreadsheets. It seems like a pretty cruisey job and is similar to something I did with my old job. I meet the other part timer tomorrow and I think we might be doing a job share role where I work 3 days 1 week and 2 days the next, so I will be working the days she isnt. I think that sounds alright!! I have to have an interview with the HR board tomorrow because I never went in for a interview in the first place, was hired beceause my dad does work for them so he put in the good word for me.

Daycare said that Avaleigh had a blast!!! That is such a releif. I left her there this morning and she was just so interested in the other kids so didnt really notice I left (was kind of sad!) THey said if she gets really distressed they will call me. I hadnt heard from them all morning so I called at lunch and they said she has been wonderful!! Had heaps of play with the other kids and went to sleep and everything. So that was good!! Jason picked her up and was soo happy to see her playing happily away. He said that as soon as she saw him, she waved and jumped up and ran to him. I am kind of sad that I wont have that reaction cause Jason will be picking her up cause I wont be getting home til about 5. Oh well! hopefully she will be happy to see me when I do get home.

Mel - LOL No I havent tested!! I said to Jason yesterday that AF still hasnt arrived and he did say anything about it until the first few mins I was home today!! He asked if its come yet and I said no and he said to buy a test on Thursday. He said he'd be really happy if I was pregnant again!! We arent financially secure for another and to be honest, I dont think I am pregnant! My chart says that I may have ovulated 3 days ago so we will see what happens. I might just buy a test to humour Jason on Thursday.

Well better get off here but first of all.....

Happy FIRST Birthday Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its the start of all our babies birthdays - OH how exciting!!!!!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY JACK

Have a wonderful day Mel Luke and Charlize as you celebrate Jacks birthday.

Best of luck today at the hospital. Thinking of you

Jem
    XXX

Happy 1st birthday Jack!!

Wishing you a fantastic day and lots of luck today at the hospital. Happy 1 year Birth-day anniversary too Mel!

Hi to everyone else. I just jumped on to check the posts before work today so will come back later in the week to post properly xx

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY JACK!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Jack!!!!!!!

It's going to be a huge month.

Back another time for personals.

Happy Birthday Jack

Hope you have a great day together Mel.

Hi girls, thought I would let you know, that I *think* I am pregnant.

It's onyl VERY early days, but I have taken 4 HPT's and all of them have come back with very faint positives. Also, I have been charting this month, and my temp is still up at 13 DPO. I have no idea if the temp means anything, as this is the first time I have ever used FF, but yeah.
    If there are any FF guru's in here, let me know what you think.....

2105d4 Ovulation Charts

Anyway, Lach is teething really badly. There are so many teeth that look like they are about to break through. He has been grmupy like this for a few weeks now. I really hope somehting happens for the poor boy soon.

And right on cue, he isn't happy.
    BBL.

xxoo

Enchanted Guest

Just quickly popped in to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK

HAPPY BIRTHING DAY MEL

Nicki- How exciting! It sounds like Congrats are in order!!

V- That's great that Avaleigh went well and daycare and that you had a great first day!

Hello to everyone else!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast