Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

Default Babies Born July 2007 #23

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-22-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Happy Birthday Elliott & Tom

I hope the two of you and your mummies are having a great day.

V, OMG that does sound strange. A little too strange. How could you not know for 4 months that your baby had died?? I don't know if it is possible to ovulate whilst still pregnant, even if the baby had died, her hormone levels still would not have returned to normal. My friend had a blighted ovum and it took 6 months for her levels to finally return to normal and that was only after a D&C, her doc told her that it would be impossible for her to concieve while her levels were still high. And that they would not return until all the remains were removed. But having said this, maybe there is a very small chance that it is possible. Let us know what you find out.

BBL, just about to head out for a walk.

HaPPy first birthday Tom and Elliot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was also my original due date. Boy how time flies!

V- that sounds pretty outrageous to me... I'd have alot of trouble beleiving that.

A very early good morning ladies I seem to be having a bit of insomnia tonight and just cant sleep! Its sooo quiet lol ethan and DH are sound asleep. I think im a bit excited about ethans birthday party tomorrow too.

Veronica- It does all sound a bit strange hey, hopefully she has been truthful though. Let us know how things go. Also i have a question for you... That rash type thing that avaleigh got that you thought may have been chicken pox, did that end up just being a viral rash? The reason i asked is that ethan looks like he has chicken pox all over his chest and belly but i know its not and i thought as he has had illnesses that its just viral. What did you do for avaleigh's? and did it take long to go away?

Well im going to go and fold some washing and watch tv for a bit and hopefully go back to bed soon Hope you all have a lovely day.

Happy Birthday Noah!

Jas, hope you have a day full of good memories and make some more

V, that does sound a bit weird, but weird stuff happens all the time I guess. I wouldn't have a clue really. You would think the body would try to get rid of something organic and dead inside - or at least there would be pain or sickness of some sort. And how would a new embryo implant in a place where that was going on?

Jess, poor Ethan. Is he suffering from his rash? Or is it just there?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!

Hope you have a wonderful day filled with love, laughter and yummy cake!

Well done Jas for surviving the past year.

Happy Birthday Noah!!
    Hope you have a super marvellous present filled day with your Mum & Dad

happy Birthday Noah

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY NOAH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!!

Hello to you all! I have been super busy this week but will try and get back later for a read through and personals.

Megan76 Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH! Have a fun time!!

Happy First Birthday Noah!!!

I hope you and your family have a great day and you get lots of wonderful presents. YAY for surviving the first year Jas!!

Ooooh Avaleigh's birthday is next!!!

Well atleast I am not the only one that thinks my friend's story is pretty far fetched! Me and my other friend thinks she went on pretending to keep the father around and I dont think the father is the brightest one out there....

Jess - Avaleigh's spots pretty much faded by the next day. When i went and saw the doctor on the day she got them he said that by the second day we will know if they are chicken pox because they will blister up. How long has ethan had the spots for? Avaleigh's just ended up being flea bites The morning after she got the spots I pulled about 20 fleas off my dogs

I've got a list of things to still buy for Avaleigh's party and I wont be able to get it until next friday when my pay goes in. I dont want to get everything last minute but atleast we will still be having a party for her!! I hope the weather is going to be OK, the trend seems to be showers at the end of the week and then fineing up by Sunday. Ah well, we have an undercover area but it leaks when the rain is coming down hard! I said to Jason this morning that I will buy ballons and ribbon and tie it to the beams of the undercover area - should look pretty impressive!

Happy Birthday to Noah and Happy Birthday to Elliott for yesterday!!!

Thanks girls for all of your birthday wishes for Tom for yesterday. We had a lovely day - got sooooooooooooo many toys that I may need to build a 2nd storey on the house to accomodate them all . The funny things is he isn't really interested in playing with any of them - I think he is a bit overwhealmed with them all. He has gone back to all the old favourites. Still have another party to go on Sunday but the one last night with DH's family was really good and Tom loved being sung Happy Birthday. We had to sing it about 5 times before he had enough!

Lots of cleaning up to do so must be off. Megan - how is Lucas going. My sister is a pharmacist and she said so many kids have been coming in with slapped cheek. How is he feeling?

Hope everyone is well. Will try to come back in again soon to have a proper read and do personals. Have a good weekend everyone!

Happy Birthday Noah Hope you Have A Wonderful Day With Mummy And Daddy!

Sacha- The rash doesn't seem to be bothering him much but he does scratch occasionally.

Veronica- Oh i hate fleas! Thanks for your help hey. The spots first appeared on wednesday night, and the amount doubled by thursday and there is even more there today!

I might take a photo when he wakes up and pop it on ethans site.

Ok must be off will bbl

Happy birthday Noah!!
    Thanks so much to everyone for Elliott's birthday wishes, that's so nice! I'm really enjoying this BB stuff! Elliott had a great day yesterday, hanging out with Mummy then a little party in the afternoon with his great-grandparents, grandparents and godmother and favourite girlfriends. He loves my cousins Georgia (5) and Grace (2), I think they're the whole reason he started walking at 11 months, and he was so excited to have them over yesterday. Next Sunday we're having a baptism/birthday party with all of my family and friends etc and that's nearly 60 people. We were going to have it at ours but decided in the end that it's safer to have it at the RSL so that a) I don't have to clean, and b) What if it rains!?!

I'm not quite getting there with the personals yet but here's trying:

Veronica - Eergh fleas are awful, we had them all through our house when someone cat-sat our cat after E was born and brought her back COVERED with them. We were horrified and you feel so dirty when you've got fleas! Eventually after washing and washing and washing her with flea bath, dousing her in flea powder, and trying everything, we ended up going to my dads for a couple of days and bombing the place, it was the only thing that worked. Oh, then we got rid of the cat! Good luck!

I've really heard alot about slapped cheek syndrome a lot recently, and someone in my mothers group recently had Hand, Foot & Mouth! Oh these children & their diseases!

Anyway, I'm freezing my you know what's off so I'm off to bed - wait a second, does anyone else just HATE that Napisan OxyAction Max ad where that little boy asks "What's frustration?" Frustration is watching an ad that just repeats itself and is irritatingly patronising. The Napisan woman just repeats what the mum said!!! Almost EXACTLY!

was just coming in for a quick fix, but can't resist a comment on the napisan ad - what irritates me is that the mum gets to answer most of the questions, but just so she doesn't look too bright they bring in an outsider. Like, why couldn't they just let the mum know all the answers?? At least it wasn't a bloke coming in I suppose, then I would have been really mad. Any watching the Gruen transfer on Wednesday night on ABC - it's a great insight into advertising & marketing minds, I've found it really enjoyable, in spite of Wil Anderson (who I used to like, but now I find him too holier than thou in a lot of things, bit of a know it all)
    BBL for personals when Liam's asleep, I have the house to myself as Pat is off to the footy tonight.

Megan76 Guest

AAAHHHH girls, hows this for a Saturday night! In bed by 8pm watching some trashy Hillary Duff movie eating a wizz fizz that i swiped from another first birthday party today! DH is watching the footy and is bringing in a cup of tea at half time! So sad but loving it! Gee the wizz fizz is great, havent had one in ages!

Lucas has been much better the last few days. It has been such a long week becasuse we have hardly left the house and he has been VERY clingy, but half the time not knowing if he wanted to be up or down etc etc. Anyway the poor thing has done it pretty tough, but the rash is gone and he hasnt woken at night for a few nights so i think he is on the mend!!

His party went well, pretty hectic! I didnt realise how quickly the house would fill up and i dont think i quite realised how noisy kids are!! Poor Lucas was already sick but we didnt know till that night when he had a temp and was up every hour which was great after a many a wine!!

Oh and AMI...I am Megan and my DH is Daniel. Lucas is our first baby!! He was induced 5 days after my due date basically just because i wanted out!!! He was vacuumed out (that sounds great!) so had a bit of a pointy head for a few days! I was pretty stressed the whole pregnancy and labour after having a miscarriage but we got through it! Still cant sit on my bum properly because of my coccyx. though!! Lucas is a very gorgeous, cheeky little boy. He is a bit of a "stranger danger" baby and is pretty attached to mum and dad at times!

God, could anyone be bothered reading all that! I will try and keep up now, so much happened at the end of the last thread when i was frantic so i wont even try and catch up at this stage!

Sorry about the me, me, me....oh here comes my cup of tea!!

Hi everyone,

Happy belated Birthday Tom and Elliot!!!!

Thank you so smuch everyone for your wonderful Birthday messages I'm sorry to exhausted for any messages but I promise to be back tomorrow xo

The month of our beautiful Bubbas 1st Birthday's!!!!

1st - Jack (MummyMel)
    6th - Autumn (Sacha)
    7th - Olivia (Flossie)
    9th - Charlotte (Jemima) Oliver(Olimoo)
    11th - Lucas (Megan)
    17th - Tom (Em) Elliott (Ami)
    18th - Noah (Jas)
    23rd - Avaleigh (Ngala) Liam (Janno27)
    24th - Bayleigh (Sarah)
    25th - Tayah (Emma M) Ethan (Jess)
    27th - Oscar (Oshani)
    28th - Lachlan (Nicky)