Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

Happy Birthday to Prince Liam and Princess Avaleigh!

Hope you have a wonderful day with your lovely mummies!

The month of our beautiful Bubbas 1st Birthday's!!!!

1st - Jack (MummyMel)
    6th - Autumn (Sacha)
    7th - Olivia (Flossie)
    9th - Charlotte (Jemima) Oliver(Olimoo)
    11th - Lucas (Megan)
    17th - Tom (Em) Elliott (Ami)
    18th - Noah (Jas)
    23rd - Avaleigh (Ngala) Liam (Janno27)
    24th - Bayleigh (Sarah)
    25th - Tayah (Emma M) Ethan (Jess)
    27th - Oscar (Oshani)
    28th - Lachlan (Nicky)

Happy Birthday Liam and Avaleigh!!!!!

Congratulations to the wonderful Mummies

Mel, I hope everything starts to look up over there! We are so busy here still finishing off cleaning etc at our old place have to give the keys in on Tues and I can't wait to have it all done and dusted and then I can finally finish unpacking at this end!! All our stuff is out the live properly just a lot of clothes and heaps of extra bits and pieces etc.

Emma, You have got to be kidding me!! What a rude rude rude lady you should have said something...definitely don't go back to her!!

Sarah, Well I have read that they should have between 150-450mls of milk per day Noah is still on 3 x 240ml or 720mls per day. And they start eating more food. I will have to look at his diet and change it, he's only 1 and 5days so not too stressed that I haven't done it yet. So many changed. 3-4hrly feeds, then no night feed, then 4X bottles per day, then add solids then swap 2 3meals per day then add snacks then drop milk etc etc Glad it has worked out for you with dss at least this once!!

Happy birthday Liam and Avaleigh!!!

Megan76 Guest

Oh my God Emma I cannot believe the nerve of your MHN what a shocker! I cannot believe people can be so rude...well done to you for not having a go back at her!! Have fun at Tayah's "pink" party it sounds very special! ...and i hear you on the decorations, i spent a fortune!!

Sacha - I hope Autie's sleeping improves soon for you. Just when you think you have them all figured out it goes thaywire again!! The wizz fizz just comes with a boring old spoon...wasnt it some other sort of thing...thats it a FUN DIP that had that lolly dipper thing?? Havent seen one in ages!

Oops will have to finish this later someone is awake!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM AND AVALEIGH!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much, my SFIL had a nasty accident and has been in hospital (induced coma for a few days) all is ok now still in ICU just going through the steps of recovery, will blb to explain all but....

OMG is anyone else having trouble feeding their bubs vegetables??? 2 nights Olivia has hardly had any dinner as she spat it all out!! Last night I made something different, tuna patties with mashed potatos and vegies - all she has had before and she spat it all out. So tonight I went back to jars and added in my vegies and she ate it all EXCEPT MY VEGIES!!! What is going on?????

Olivia still up, DH away so when she is sleeping I will be back to catch up on all I have missed!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVALEIGH!! Hope you've had a great day with your Mum & Dad.

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes for Liam. He's had a super day, we went to visit my grandmothers for lunch, along with my sister & her lil boy, and my cousin & her lil boy. My Gran has been a bit under the weather lately, and she just loved having all the babies around, so I'm really glad we made the effort. Plus my aunt cooked a delicious roast pork leg for lunch. And so many toys now in this house, and we haven't even had his party yet!! Actually, that sounds a bit greedy, it's not meant to, we didn't invite people for the presents, we invited them cos we like them, and they all mean something to Liam.

Mel - to you, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. How's Jack's hand going?

Lis - I have constant food moods with Liam, so he's not a good comparison, but my sister's boy, who's been a great eater in that he just took to it quite easily and always enjoyed food, I think he went through a phase where he decided to get fussy with food. But he did come through the other side, I think my sister just kept offering, and eventually he went back to it all without any bother.

Emma - OMG at that be-atch of a MHN. For what it's worth, I offer Liam choices, and I also tell him to be careful of his fingers/hands/head. Just because I verbally tell him doesn't mean I physically stop him with everything though, which is probably just what you do. She's mental.

Sarah - yay for getting some time with Ryan, that's a lovely thing for Bayleigh to have all his family around. I can't believe how much he eats & how little he weighs - well I can, but you must have a super active kid on your hands. You sound like a superwoman with everything that you're doing for his party.

We had Liam's 12 month check yesterday - he's 9.9kg, which surprised me, cos I thought he'd be over 10kgs by this stage, and he's 75.5cm long. It's extraordinary to think how much they grow in this first year. My MHN was much nicer than Emma's, I was kind of dreading the visit given that he still wakes through the night, and is still on at least 5 bf's a day, but she didn't say anything really, which was kind of a relief. Although even if she had had an issue, I think I would have ignored her in favour of BB friends' opinions.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I have 30 lolly bags to prepare!

Hi Ladies and bubba's

Happy Birthday Avaleigh

and

Happy Birthday Liam

Hope you both had a wonderful day with you mummy and daddy

Ethan is WALKING He has been taking steps for awhile now but on monday night he was just walking around the kitchen and then i walked to the lounge room and he followed!! He is only crawling when he is tired, so spends most of his time waddling around behind me, its very cute but sad too lol he is growing up!

Well i have been MIA too as we had ethan's birthday party on sat 19th and im still trying to recover! I have been sooo exhausted these last few days. But ethans party was great he had a fantastic time was spoilt rotten and loved his birthday cake! Just a word of warning though to anyone giving there bubs a cake with bright blue icing......It turns there poo bright green!!! TMI sorry but i freaked out when i changed his nappy until i realised what it was!

I have been really emotional today thinking about when ethan was born! At 10.30am tomorrow was when i went in to labour with ethan, with my waters breaking!! I knew i would get all teary but the damn pregnancy hormones make it worse lol

Well ladies i am about ready to drop so i will pop back tomorrow for personals.
    Goodnight all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAYLEIGH.
    Well done Sarah - enjoy the day with your beautiful babe!

Megan76 Guest

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BAYLEIGH!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Sarah - Gee you are going to be busy with all your cooking! I wish i was coming to the party for all the great food!! I hope Bayleigh is ok after his fall! Have a great birthday together!!

Mel - Hope you are doing ok. Why do all these things have to happen at once its just not fair!!

TOJ - woo hoo for the walking! I hope you are not too teary for Ethans birthday!! Now i just read your post and checked the birthday list and he's not on it...is it his birthday today too?????????

Jan - I am glad Liam had a great birthday and a bonus you got a roast!!

I'll answer the food questions in one!

Yes Lucas temporarily goes off vegies but he is pretty good! If i put cut up vegies on his tray he will turf every single bit overboard but if i mush them up and spoon food he will eat, so i've given up the other way its too frustrating!!

Basically he will have
    Breakfast - 1 weetbix and 2 bits of toast
    Lunch - sandwich or eggs or baked beans etc then fruit and yoghurt
    Dinner - meat and veg of some sort or whatever we had the night before, then fruit and maybe custard.
    He doesnt snack a great deal but is obsessed by cheese in any form!! And he has 3 cups of milk a day.

He also has an obsession with his tongue and as soon as there is food on it he likes to stick it and pull it off with his hand. Oh and we love to feed ourself at the moment, the wrestle with the spoon is so much fun!

Well i jumped out of bed at 7.15 as Lucas was singing to get organised to take him to doc for his needles (very scared) but he must have gone back to sleep! He has been very excited by himself lately letting go of things and standing on his own...he gets a very cheeky grin! I dont think he has any idea that he could actually takes steps though!

Well enough from me.....
    Last edited by Megan76; July 24th, 2008 at 07:54 AM.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BAYLEIGH

Enjoy your special day

TOJ-WOOHOO for Ethans walking

Enchanted Guest

Happy Birthday for yesterday to Avaleigh & Liam!!

V- It feels like only yesterday we were texting each other while you were in labour I was SO jealous of you!!

Happy Birthday to Bayleigh!!!

Hi all,

Jess - on the walking!! lol at the blue icing. Oliver had blue on his cake but no green poos here!! Oh for what it's worth I got very emotional too when Oliver's birthday was approaching and I'm not even preg! Just a big sooky la la. Hope you are feeling well.

Megan - Oliver would like to think he can feed himself too. I give finger food as much as possible but when I can't I will give him a spoon and dip it in whatever he is having, and this distracts him a bit while I get 'my' spoonful in his mouth!

Jan - Regarding the breastfeeding, 5 feeds a day for a 12 month old is fine!! Oliver is having about the same but I have noticed in the last few days that the ones during the day are very quick and more of a snack then a proper feed. I'm happy to keep going for another 6 months at least. Well done I say!

Food wise, I am happy to say that I have a very good eater. He pretty much eats anything I put in front of him. So a typical day for us would be:
    Breakfast - 2 weetbix or a piece of toast plus fruit - he is loving strawberries atm.
    Lunch - either a sandwhich, soup, vegies and meat plus fruit.
    Dinner - usually some vegies and cheese an hour before we eat and then a small plate of whatever we are having.
    Snacks are usually fruit, crackers, cheese. I am not giving yoghurt or custard because he throws up after eating them, not sure why, but have to ask doctor about it when I go next. He is still demand bfed but I offer a cup of cows milk with his lunch but he is not a real fan of it. Might have to look into adding some other foods that are high in calcium.

I haven't had his 12 month check-up yet because he is teething and getting temps so I will wait until that settles down. Weight wise I don't think he would have reached 9kg yet. He is only a little man, surprisingly really because he does eat a LOT!

Well I am off to mother's group today, looking forward to getting out, so I best be off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BAYLIEGH!!!!!
    Last edited by razzle; July 24th, 2008 at 03:49 PM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAYLEIGH!!! Hope you have a really special day with your Mum & Dad & all your family.

Jess - woo hoo for Ethan's walking, clever little man. I was/am emotional about Liam turning 1, but his Dad was cute - the alarm on his mobile went off at 9.43, which was when he was born.

Raels - I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a bb addict. Sometimes it feels like he's a bit unusual, but then nice people like you pop up and say "me too", which makes me feel normal again. Isn't it funny how sometimes the smallest kids are the best eaters.

Megan - LOL at Lucas' tongue obsession. Liam has one too - and he thinks it's the funniest thing when we poke our tongues out at him too. Good luck with the injections today, hope they're not too bad for him.

Well, I had a kid who was absolutely out to it when I was holding him, but as soon as he was put into the cot - snap, mr wako arrives. Singing, probably dancing, generally having a party in there. This, of course, is because we have his mini maestros class at midday, so it is a requirement that he is hungry & sleepy at midday. Seriously, EVERY thursday he does this. How does he know???? Anyway, better get him up & dressed, and we'll walk there, cos it's cold, but gorgeously sunny, so may as well make the most of it.

I shouldn't be on BB.. I should be doing housework but it feels never ending at the moment! My house was spotless before this birthday party stuff.. now it looks like a toy shop/bomb site!

Happy Birthday to Bayleigh! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

I better say it now - Happy Birthday for tomorrow Ethan! Jess, I just had a look at your site and Ethan's party pics are so cute! I loved your belly shots too!

Emma - your MCHN must have studied at the same school of tact as mine. Last time I saw her, as I was leaving, she said to Tom "Now be good. You've been a real handful for your mummy and daddy". I was so shocked I didn't say anything, but I got home and said to DH that she must of been looking at the wrong file or something because apart from his reflux (which is all sorted now), he is a really really good baby! Unfortunately, I have to keep seeing her too because I live in quite a small town and the other lady is always booked out wayyyyy in advance (wonder why ). I am also one that says "watch your head' etc, I think it is natural instinct as a mum, isn't it!

Now on the subject of food - I have a very good eater if it is mashed and spoon fed to him - he will eat anything but the idea of feeding himself is a no-go at the moment. If it's not toast, then he screws his nose up and won't have a bar of it. I just keep offering and hopefully one day, he will get the idea! So, at the moment we are doing -
    Breakfast - 1 and a half Weetbix and piece of toast
    Lunch - Yoghurt and fruit, and a sanwhich
    Dinner - Soup, meat and vegies, then fruit or custard.
    Snacks are anything bread related - so bread with cream cheese or vegemite, or banana on bread on a good day. He also likes Sao's and cruskits.
    He drinks a lot of water during the day but milk is a bit of non event unless you count his morning and bedtime bottles. Actually on that subject, we tried switching to full cow's milk, but he became really unsettled and didn't seem to like it very much, so we went back to half formula/half milk. Has anyone else had that problem?

Has anyone braved the Target toy sale today? I walked past this morning and the line at layby was massive! I have put my foot down with my family and said - no more toys for Tom because he seriously got so much stuff for his birthday - they all didn't just by him one present - it was like 3 or 4 each and I have a big family! So I am going to layby a swing set for xmas and they can all put in money for that. I felt a bit bossy saying it, and DH thought he may be a little young still for one at xmas, but we seriously don't need anymore toys. Everyone seemed to agree with it so that was good. God, I am a real mum now aren't I, talking about Christmas in July, instead of buying all the presents the day before .

Opps someone is awake - I swear he knows when I am on here!

Hi Ladies

Just a really quick one from me to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BAYLEIGH
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

Also to let you know i have updated ethans site with some party photo's and belly shots.

I have to go now as we are heading out but will BBL for a proper post.
    Have a nice day everyone.

Hello lovely ladys just popping in quickly befor ei start to get ready to go out for bayleigh's birthday dinner...
    Thank you all for the well wishes for my boys birthday he has had a good day we havent done much yet i took him out to DP work so he could watch the big Bdoubles being loading with the excuvator (sp) dat DP was operating he thoughtit was fantastic... pitty the big boss was there coz DP said he would ahve taken him in it with him for a couple of mins.... then we braved the target sale OMG it was crazy in there i didnt get all the things i wanted coz i had enuff and wanted to get out it took me over half an hour in the layby line bayleigh was starting to get a bit restless but he was very well behaved..... and then this arvo while he was down for his snooze i have cont to cook.. i have made mini pizzas and more pinwheels and i will cont tonight after we get home from tea and the kids r in bed but right now i must be off and get the kids ready and get into lombards and pick up the balloons i ordered for tonight....

thank you again for the well wishes..
    Be back tomorrow or later tonight to do personals

Sarah

Happy Birthday Bayleigh

I hope you and your Mummy are having a great day together.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast