Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

i really need to start posting everyday...

Raels- Wow at all Olivers teeth.. Bayleigh has JUST cut his 4th hehe. With the teething tablets How do they work? Bayleigh doesnt like bonjela or any of the gels so i mite try the tablets.
    So sorry to hear about your Neices husband passing away how sad.. Your in my thoughts today

Lis- Bayleigh sometimes uses a spoon or folk to feed himself, Depends what we are having, He tries so hard hasnt got it worked out just yet but atleast he gets the idea

Em- Thank-you, You just reminded me i need to book Bayleigh in for his 2nd haircut and DP of his Haircut.. Bayleigh has this one BIG curl on the side ofhis head that sticks out when it gets to a length and i cant get it to sit down LOL

V- Can you pass you weather do to mildura.. Im so sick of the cold, i think this has got to be the coldest winter i have experinced since living in mildura. We are classed the the desert here so the days are always nice (T-shirt weather) but the nights can be cold but this winter the days have been bitterly cold i had to go and buy jumpers as i only had lil jackets dat were not keeping me warm. Bring on our 35+ degree days i say.. Glad to hear Avaleigh is better. Sux when they are sick...
    Bayleigh also brushes his teeth while he is in the bath after dinner. We also brought him Colgates Baby's First tooth paste btu he isnt that fussed on it
    How's the hedgehog slice goin? i havent made it in years.. I mite make some this weekend for DStepS birthday party on sunday.. He has asked me to make jelly slice so i mite make hedgehog also

Jan- Hope you are having better days then wat you had the other day.. He doesnt hate you Althoguth it does feel like it sometimes.. I laughed when i read you ebay description LOL WOuld you put him as an auction or a Buy it now price???? LOL I have thought about selling DP sometimes
    Is liam still refusing BF's? Hoipe he gets better soon poor lil man

Megan- Hope lucas is ok... I would have balled my eyes out.. I have everytime bayleigh has hurt himself and there has been blood LOL He crys for half a sec and im still crying 10 mins later LOL

Sacha- Is the colgates Babys first tooth paste bad for our bubies also? If it is i will stop using it .. I only use a tiny tiny amount as Bayleigh doesnt like the taste if it...
    Regarding Bayleighs talking.. He has a great teacher in his sister who talks ALL the TIME she even talks in her sleep LOL even while she is sitting on the loo..she sat on the loo one day for about an hour and i asked her if she was ok and and her replie was year im just talking to myself so iasked her if she was doing a wee or poo and she goes only a wee and i finished long time ago LOL i couldnt believe it LOL IHOPE he doesnt talk as much as she does coz i dont think i would be sane for much longer with both of them talking ALL THE TIME lol
    How's Autis conjunctivitis going? hope its clearing up fast..

Dannielle- Best of luck with your new adventure and selling your house.. Hope it sells fast for you

As for us Bayleigh's 4th tooth has FINALLY cut thro so he now has his 2 bottom front and his 2 top front.. He also did his first wee's on the potty the other night... he is very cute if you forget tto close the bathroom door he will get in there and take the lid of the potty and sit on it and scream out for you and wen you walk in there he points to the potty and laughs LOL he is such a clown... its amazing the lil things they do can crack you up and have you on the floor in stitches...

I started selling thinsg on ebay over the weekend YAY i have gone thro all of bayleighs baby clothes to see wat i could sell and out of 8 stripped bags i found 3 items LOL i just cant bring myself to sell any of his outfits LOL
    I also have another childs birthday party to organise for this sunday.. DStepS ryan turns 4 on saturday so we are goin out for tea sat night with a couple of friends who cant cum on sunday and then we are doing a BBQ lunch on sunday He has asked me to make a cake so last weekend when he was here for his "sleepover" he and i sat down and googled Birthday cakes first of fhe wanted me to make him a racing car track den he wanted a BIG digger cake but then he found a cake made as a construction site so he has his mind set on that cake so i went out last week to find all the trucks and bulldoxers and things dat i need to make it now i just have to make it LOL

I keep forgetting to ask.. How many teeth does all the bubies have now? (really cant call them bubies anymore can we ??????? LOL)
    Also Bayleigh has been CLIMBING everything now for a few months since before he was walking Do any other TODDLERS climb things? Bayleigh started with the TV cabinet and nwo he will climb anything i cought him climbing the dvd shelves a few weeks ago and this morning he pushed the kids lil pinic table over to the bench and stood up on it.. Im freaking out hes gunna climb something one day and fall and really hurt himself....
    Also is anyone thinking about putting bubs in to a BIG bed anytime soon... As we are moving in a few weeks i was thinking i wont set the cot up again and just put Bayleigh straight into his bunk... DD was about 14 mths old wen i put her into a big bed and i had now dramas with her so im hoping i wont have dramas with bayleigh LOL

well better go and find more things to pack and take a few boxes around to the new house...

Hope all of you had a fantastic weekend with your wanderful famlies

Sarah

Just popping in quickly, cos I'm knackered...

Raels - huge , today will have been very tough & sad for you. My thoughts are with you.

Sarah - Liam has 6 teeth - 4 on the top (which are crooked!) and so far only 2 on the bottom. He's been chewing his hands like crazy over the last couple of weeks, but I think that this is just a thing, cos I can't see any sign that there's any more to come out just yet.

Mel - new name! No AF for me yet, which means no AF since I guess around September 2006!! I think I've actually forgotten what she feels like, although I assume at some stage she'll return. How's Jack going with his glove??

Well, after 2 1/2 days of mental-ness, Liam FINALLY decided to resume BFing on Sunday, which can I tell you was the happiest moment I've had for ages. He had his morning sleep on Sunday, but woke up after about 40 minutes, so I picked him up but he was still fussing & quite cranky. So I just sat quietly on the couch with him and sang songs to him, and he went back to sleep for another 1/2 hour or so. When he woke up, it was like a different child had taken over, he was happy for the first time in days. So I offered him some milk, and after a couple of pathetic attempts to latch on, he finally went - oh okay - and we were away... The really nice thing is that I've had a brilliant day with him today, he's been so happy & chirpy, just super cute all day. I love him all the time, but today I've extra loved him IYKWIM.
    And I've made the booking for next Wednesday to get his car seat changed into forward facing position - I'm very excited about this, because it means that I'll finally be able to move the passenger seat in my car back into a position that doesn't have my knees around my ears when I sit in it - very excited about this. And quite excited that it will be a new thing for Liam, I think that it might mean that he's happier to be strapped in, cos he'll be able to see where he's going, rather than just where he's been.

Apologies for talking about me me me so much, it's just been helpful to be able to write about the last few days to you guys. I will be back to do better personals hopefully tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Enchanted Guest

Hi everyone!

Just quickly popping in again...

Jan- That's great to hear that Liam is a much happier boy and is back to bfing again. Must be such a relief! No need to apologise hun.. that's what we're here for.. to listen and get us through the tough (and happy) times!!

OMG! I am hooked on Ebay tonight A celebrity is selling some stuff on there and she has the cutest bag and I just lost it... [email protected] it! I hate it when you get outbid at the last minute and it was by $1!! Argh! I was in love with it! Ah well.. I guess I saved some $$

Anyway.. just a quick update on me. DH and I have decided to start TTC this month I am very excited but it's doing my head in a bit with timing, CM, temps etc and trying to get my head around it all is just not happening! Anyway.. I'll get there but I know I will be very impatient and will want it to happen first go. I know I will be very disappointed when I get a BFN. However, positive thinking is the key so fingers crossed I get a BFP straight up

Well ladies I am off to bed! Bye bye xx

Great news Jan, on the BF. So glad to hear Liam is a happy boy again - makes a big difference doesn't it? Autie is much happier in her forward facing seat and we have it in the middle so she is always pointing to things through the windscreen, she seems to like the traffic lights and trucks the best. Bet Liam will love it also.

Dani, how exciting to be TTC! All these new babies and pregnant women around me atm makes me really wish we were trying too, though I would like to be in better shape before the next one so it's all for the best. :goodluck2:

Sarah, what a clever boy using the potty! They can be very funny at times huh? If we ask autie where the funny china girl is, she throws her head back and squints her eyes with a big, gappy tooth grin. Maybe not very politically correct, but very amusing. Her eyes are all cleared up thanks. She has two teeth up top and four at the bottom. She is trying real hard to climb things but is a bit too short. Today she made it up onto the chair in her room though and was very proud of herself so I'll have to watch it. The two main problems with toothpaste are the flouride and sodium lauryl sulphates (used to make it foam and the same ingredient which is in engine degreaser so you can imagine how bad it is for tummies) Unfortunately, it is in almost all soaps, shampoos etc also, but with toothpaste there is more chance of swallowing. Not sure about baby toothpaste, but you could check the ingredients. A natural one would probably be safer.
    I don't think we will swap to a big bed any time too soon, but I am looking forward to it! Good luck with your cake making, sounds like you will be busy.

Oh no, gotta go

HI all,

I said I would be back.

I'm now on holidays. and the boy is at creche. I have lots of cleaning and little odd jobs to do around the house.
    We are going to get our building quote soon, so fingers crossed it's the right price so we can sign on the dotted line and get things moving!!

Megan, how cute with the walking. don't envy you having to get all those little bits of wood chip out of his pants. I'm not sick of hearing about other peoples sleep dilemas, lets me know i'm not alone. OUch on the head gash, I hope everything heals well.

Em, I can gurantee you I'm real. No one could make up such a boring life. lol
    Yep I am enjoying work, it's part of my life now, the scary bit is more having to be home. The day will come when we want another bub and well won't be able to afford for xavier to be in creche, that scares me a bit i'd have to do everything my self, how exhauting ;p
    We do try to eat at the same time as Xavier now, as he would want to eat what we were eating, and he seems much more content to feed himself if eveyone is eating.

Sacha, sorry to hear about the bed time chucking. Xavier did one of those after a swimmin lesson one day, he drank too much water But what a clever little swimmer you have there. Xavier got a gold medal at swimming on the weekend (everyone did) he likes it but we have missed so many due to illness that he's a little behind.

Raels, Sorry to hear of the loss your family has suffered. It sounds like your friend prayers have been answered. How fantastic for them.

Jan, We got xavier a toothbrush a couple of months ago, just to give him the idea. he watches us brush, so he's worked out the basic concept. I agree with what you sid about weaning onto a cup instead of a bottle, but I'm starting to lean towards the bottle. The difference with us is that Xavier has been having ebm in a bottle since he was 5 months old and he won't take wam milk in a cup only cold banana milk Sorry to hear your little man has been sick. Those were massive temps. I hope your little one is alright, be we have often had times where I think Xavier doesn't like me, like at 5.30 this morning, surley if he liked me he would have let me sleep.

Jess, I will pray to the placenta gods for you that it moves before bubs is ready to arrive. I'm really glad everything is ok, another little man, your going to be surrounded by boys at your house. We have daily tantrums too, everytime Xavier doesn't get his own way. does this squinty eyes and a big frown. Oo are we in for it.

Danielle, wow you are going to be busy. taking on a whole new life. I can see it now, you will be as busy as can be running a business, looking after a toddler and preganant. Why do we do these things to ourselves.

Lis, Xavier sometimes feeds himself, and sometimes not, really depends on his mood, and the food that' infront of him.

V, I can't wait to do the whole baby thing PG and baby planning thing again either, I enjoyed the first time around sooo much, but I have to keep reminding myself that it will be so different this time, because I will have a todler to look after too, and won't be able to sleep anytime I want.

Update on us.
    We have been trying this weaning bit out as well. It's really hard when he goes to creche to cut out the feed I want to cut out most. OUr MCHN appt confirmed I have a little light weight. at 9.2kg's 75.8 cm tall, which puts him in the 10th percentile for weight and the 50th for hight. He only gained about 1kg in 4 months, I wish I could say the same for me.

All this chatter about babies so makes me want to go back again now!! but I must wait, need a house to put them in, and to pay enough off the house now,so I can have some time off again. But to keep my dream alive I went to the doc, so I could get my rubella levels checked, to see if I needed any boosters etc. I now have 2 bruises on my arms because the pathology nurse was a little rough and innacurate. AF is still yet to arrive, but I have had these niggling feelings, oh well, I guess i'm kinda hoping I can conceive another bubba by mid next year, so I'm willing to make the sacrifice of everything getting back on track.
    My current plan is house, asap. Hope to move into house in early new year. start all the ttc, temping, charting, folate etc, wait a couple of months and get to it I rekon I'd like to pg again by this time next year, lets hope it's achievable. giving us a 2-3 year gap between bubs and doing it all before i'm 30 eek.

Well I've prattled enough about my plans, I have to stop, i'm getting myself weay too excited at the prospect (especially given it could be 12 months away. (earlier if finances allow)

Well I hope everyone is well.

Bye

LOL i was about to post and realised I didn't recognise anyone and I was in July 08!!!

Thanks for all the tips re: food feeding. Olivia is a strange girl, I went to give her the spoon today to see what she did with her yoghurt and she cracked like she wasn't going to get any food or something so I just feed it to her!!!

sarah - LOL at the clothes, I put all of Olivia's in the roof incase we have another girl, I dread going through them...I am about to put garbage bag No.6 up there!!! Olivia isn't climbing yet cause she is not walking, but I am always scared if she tries to climb her cot!!! Good luck with the bed, I don't think its too early, my friends son was 14 months as well.

Jan - great to hear that Liam is a happy boy, well done!

Dani - How exciting with TTC again! Good Luck!!

All these new pregancies make me want another too but I am keen to stick to our 12 months plan as we want to buy another house and move before the next baby. So many of my friends are due this year and some next year so there are SO many babies around.

Well I am a little concerned about Olivia and her walking. She isn't close. She walks around the furniture and is very confident but I try and take my fingers out of her grasp to get her to stand by herself and she cracks it and flops to her bum. She has this V-tech walker that she pushes around the house walking, sometimes runnign so confidently. Tonight she even took both hands off it and was staning find but I don't think she realised she did it. I have noticed that her right foot goes out to the side a bit when she walks, should i be worried about this?

Well must go, she wants to go to bed....whoo peace for me as DH isn't home to occupy her!

Hope to be back later but I am making my friend a birthday present - a scrapbook clock.

xxxx

Lis, don't be too worried, as you know they are all different. Charlize didn't walk until she was nearly 14 months old, and I know of babies that are older, and are just fine now. I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to. Soon you will be thinking, what happened to the days when she would only crawl, lol!!

Lis- I agree with Mel all babies are different and do things in there own times... A G/F lil girl who is 4 weeks older then Bayleigh isnt even walking along the furniture yet she only started crawling about 2 months ago and she is just starting to pull herself up on things to a stand position.. Olivia will do it in her own time. Regarding her foot, Have you been for your 12mth MCHN check up yet? if not speak to her about it when you do go if it really is concerning you.. Bayleigh used to walk on his toes when he was first walking along things but he stopped when he started walking properly... Maybe if you repostion her foot while she is walking around see if she keeps it in that position... HTH

Sacha- ROFL at Auties Funny china girl i bet its very cute.... I have the baby tothpaste in fron tof me now and its says Low fluoride Low foam, sugar free and teh active ingrediant is Sodium Monofluorophosphate.. Would dat be the same as sodium lauryl sulphates ? It doesnt actually have any other ingrediants listed on the tube... I think i mite go and see if i can get a natural one anyway just to be on the safe side.... Thanks heaps for the info anyway

Rebecca- Glad to see you back posting again... How long are you on Holidays? do you have anything special planned while your off work? apart from the usual housework and all that boring stuff LOL
    Well done Xavier on the medal in swimming... i really wanna get B Boy into swimming but the places are very few here and the waiting list are very long...

Well im off to bed i went to S.A today with a friend to go to BIG W seenthey have all those babie clothes on special oh and nappies LOL and tomorrow i have Paed Appt for chloe to discuss the whole ADHD symptoms and where to go to from here....

Have a lovely night girls

Sarah

Thanks girls. I have tried to position her foot tonight but she was pushing her walker to fast LOL! I only just started to notice is in the last few weeks so I might make an appt with the MHN.

Might ask her some theories for Olivia to drink milk also I was thinking of buying the S26 already made milk (have you seen them?) but I am not sure seeing as though Olivia was on Karicare Gold if it will act funny. She has calcium in everything else though!

Night sarah! I need to go to bed too but DH is still not home and I love the gymnastics!!! Big W sales was great, I got lots of stuff for Olivia for summer

Dani - woo hoo for TTC. I get so excited just thinking about the next batch of babies for us girls. Fingers crossed it happens really quickly for you.

Bec - I think we're leading spooky parallel lives - we have get a bigger house too (although we'll just buy, not build), I have a BM-addicted boy who is proving challenging to wean, Liam isn't the best sleepers in the world, and AF ain't back. I laughed in sympathy with you having a boy who doesn't like you enough to let you sleep.

Lis - Liam also doesn't look like he's close to walking. Like Olivia, he can cruise around no problems, or push his little trolley things around (until he has to turn a corner, then he yells to get some assistance), but he doesn't stand on his own, just falls onto his bottom, or grabs onto the nearest thing he can. As far as I know, it's only a concern (or starts to be) if they get past 18 months & haven't started, so plenty of time to go. Pardon my ignorance, but what is a scrapbook clock???

Sacha - I know it's not technically PC, but PMSL at your little china girl, that is sooo cute. Liam's just started doing a fake smile at us over the last couple of days, it's his new thing, he scrunches up his nose & eyes and flashes a big cheesy grin. No idea where it's come from, but it cracks me up. He was doing it to a girl in a shop yesterday too, cheeky little monkey.

Sarah - how's the packing going? Bayleigh sounds like such a cute little livewire. Sometimes I wish that everyone in our baby-buddy group lived close by & we could all catch up properly sometime, just to see all the kids & the funny little people that they are.

Well, I want to go to be early (like now), but I also want to watch the aussie girl in the 100m hurdles final, which knowing channel 7 won't be on for ages... Think I'll give it until about 10.30, then give up & watch the replays tomorrow. Can't wait until the Olympics are over, I just want to watch too much on telly cos I'm scared I'll miss something exciting, and I'm getting nothing done.

Hi,

Just a quick post, I really need to get back in and do a decent post for once! But we have to get ready and off to mothers group!

Mel, Did you get my pm? Cause I sent you one but I just had a look and saw it wasn't in my list of sent so I might have to retype it?

I wouldn't worry Noah isn't walking either and he's not really even standing by himself and he did everything else early etc so oh well he'll take his time I guess. We haven't been to mothers group for a while, Noah was always one of the 1st to do everything but most of them are walking now so hopefully a few ladies will make it! I'm thinking him seeing all these other babies walking might encourage him?!

Hey Jas, nah didn't get it. How are you feeling? Hope no sickness.

Hi girls,

Just a quick one from me to say thanks for all your kind words.

No walking here yet and toothbrushes, have been using one since the first couple of teeth appeared.

Hopefully be back later for a better and bigger post!!

LOl a scrapbook clock is a wooden clock that you cover in paper, stick pictures on, flowers etc. The brand is called Kaiser craft, its really good!

Olivia has just started to turn the corner with her pusher, she really moves it around wel its funny to watch. Mum doesn't seem to think there is anything to worry about her foot so will just keep an eye on it. LOL I can hear olivia downstairs screaming excitingly at the cats (am at Mum and dads) she loves cats!

I hope she will be walking by 18 months - that summer and lots of birthday parties for her to run around at. Mum thinks maybe 15 months.

Must run and get ready for home time.

BBL Lis xxx

Hi everyone

Just another quick post from me just wanted to pop on and say hi to you all and see how your all doing. Hope everyone is well.

Im sooo exhausted lately, i think being a pregnant mum to a one year old is taking its toll!! How did you do it mel! I just dont have the energy for more than a quick read lately. I will TRY to pop in and post again tomorrow.

Im going to bed. Goodnight All.

I am going to do the same as Jess and just say hi. Too buggered to do anything else! We have had a bad couple of days with Tom - I think he has been taken over by evil spirits . Have absolutely no idea what is wrong - may be teeth by can't look in his mouth because I swear he has a steel jaw. May be feeling sick, but really not sure, so have given him panadol and teething tablets to be on the safe side. He has been asleep for 2 and a half hours, so hopefully will be normal when he wakes up! I had a girlfriend around yesterday who i haven't seen in a while and everytime we talk, i tell her what a happy lovely baby he is. Yesterday she sat there and watched in horror as he threw tantrums, cried and was generally psycho. She really doesn't like kids very much, so I think this turned her off even more!

Better go - my banana bread is ready. Will try to come back soon and post on a more cheerful note!

Oh Em sorry to hear about little Tom not being a happy baby. It could be teeth, Olivia is a mean little girl when she is teething. I hope he feels better soon!
    What is your recipe for the banana bread? It sounds yummo!

Does anyone take the bubs to Paul Saddler Swim Land? Last week all the kids got a gold medal and Olivia just loves it! It hangs around her cupboard door knob and she keeps pointing at it till I get it and put it around her neck....then she wears it all day!!

Megan76 Guest

Oh my god Em we have twin babies! Lucas has been a bit psycho the last couple of days too and exactly the same thing happened....i had a friend over for lunch yesterday too and he was nuts! Was just walking around crying for no reason! I was so sad she couldnt see him happy!! I am the same not sure if its teeth as he does have a bottom molar coming or his cold but he's done my head in a bit the last two days!!

Lis what and where is Paul Saddler Swim Land??

Sorry very quick tonight i will catch up tomorrow as i have a headache from my moody kid!!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast