Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

I have a sick bubba who can't sleep more than 20mins at a time so I'm going to have to do a fast one.

Mel, how completely horrible for you to have to go through another scare with poor Jack Did he eat much of the tablet? Autie makes a beeline for our dishwasher whenever the kitchen gate is left open but mostly to push the buttons. There's just so many dangers around! Hope this warmer weather we've had will send the bugs on their way and we can all have healthy happy babies again!

Teething is driving me nuts. She still has the same six teeth she had five months ago but seems to constantly have the teething pain Half the time I don't know if she's teething, sick or just testing my patience with her whingeing...

Lis, I thought we were moving to one sleep, but we're back to two most days so sorry can't help much with that. I can say that on the days she only has one, she is asleep by 6 - 6.30pm.

Time's up. Hi everyone else.

Sacha - poor Autie and you Hope she gets over whatever it is very soon and I hope your night isn't too bad.

Mel - to you as well. You poor thing going through that with Jack. Oliver loves the bloody dishwasher as well and I can't work out how to lock ours. Hmmm little boys like getting into mischief and keeping there poor mums on there toes. Really hope the kids get over their viruses and things get better for you soon.

Lis - Oliver wakes at 5am but comes into our bed for a bfeed then goes back to sleep until 7.30 when we get up to get ready for school. Lately he has been going back down for a sleep at 10 until about 11.30, so lunch is at 12. He normally only has that one sleep but sometimes will have another 30 minutes in the afternoon. Bed time is between 7.30 and 8.

Well not much to report here except I am finally going to be meeting the mum I will be supporting on Thursday!! There were some issues with funding so things got a bit delayed. Really looking forward to it.

Take care all. xo

I must have missed something very important Raels, sorry. What the supporting thing you will be doing?

Sacha, I hope Autie is better soon, and sleeps well for you tonight.

Mel I have done some training with a group called Mother Me to become a peer support person for breastfeeding mums in my area. We will meet them in their last trimester and continue to support them until the baby is 6 months old. I am really excited about it as I am so passionate about bfeeding and would love to help others. I am also hoping to be doing some further training to become a breastfeeding councellor with the ABA and then one day maybe even a LC!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking but just haven't had the energy to post - more on that after the personals..

Sarah - how are you going with the meds for your DD? It sounds like you have a good dr who listens to you though, which must be good. And how's Bayleigh going now, is he over his virus/fever? It's awful when they're grumpy & miserable.

Lis - this is going back a few days now, but OMG - your DH gives you massages!! In our very early dating days my DF used to do that, but I think he decided that once he'd sealed the deal that they were no longer required. Funny, but his favourite thing is back scratches, and he still gets them, nearly every night, hmm, who's the dummy I wonder And so cute for Olivia working hard on her walking skills - I agree, it will be so much fun when they can walk, I'm particularly looking forward to hanging out at the playground when Liam can walk.

Raels - woo hoo for being half way there with Oliver's teeth. We've not had any new ones for probably 3 months, he still only has 6, and I can't see any sign of any being on the way.

Mel - big for you, you've had such a rough trot over the last few months. And OMG for Jack eating the dishwasher tablet, that must have been so frightening. I hope he's recovered from it now. At least you'll have lots of stories to tell at his 21st!

Sacha - poor Autie & poor you. There's really no way to explain to people who haven't been through it how draining & exhausting it can be with a kid who's unwell & unsettled. Hopefully she'll get some new teeth soon & get back to being her normal cheery self.

Sleeping - Liam is sometimes 1, sometimes 2 sleeps a day. Usually awake at around 7-7.30, than back to bed mostly by 10. He'll sleep for 1-2 hours (I love the 2 hour ones ). If he wakes later than 11.30, then I rarely get another sleep, unless I go for a drive, or go for a really long walk in the pram. Afternoon sleeps when they do happen are mostly for 30 mins, maybe 45. Regardless of whether he's had 1 or 2 sleeps, bed time (sleep) is around 7.30. I haven't been able to work out how to get him to go to sleep earlier, even when he's collapsing with exhaustion he pushes through until 7.30.

Well, I am feeling like one of the lucky ones here atm, cos I've had the sunniest, happiest little boy for the last few days. I've been having so much fun with him, not doing anything amazing, just having fun. Although I'm absolutely shattered, as I've finally instigated the no B/F between 11pm & 7am, which has seen me sleeping on the couch on Saturday night & Sunday night, cos he simply wouldn't settle in his cot, and screamed when I tried to co-sleep in our bed, the couch was the only place he'd settle. Then last night he slept through until 5.30 (bliss), but woke with a big cry, like he'd had a nightmare, so brought him into our bed which fine, except he was really chatty & wriggly, but super cuddly at the same time, so I secretly didn't mind. And so cute, as we were lying there, with DF & I pretending to be asleep, a dog barked, and Liam went "ro ro ro", which is his 'what do dog's say' noise. And he's getting really good at saying 'ta' when I give him things, which I'm very happy about, it's nice to have a kid with good manners & ta is a good start. And, I think we did our first real standing trick today, he was playing in my pantry cupboard and was examining a tin and stood unsupported for about 20 seconds. So I'm going to guess that he'll be walking at about 14 months, cos he's already very good (obsessed even) at pushing things around. And that's about it for us.

Raels - that is an ace thing to do. I've thought about doing things along the same line, but because my b/fing has been so trouble free I'm not sure that I'd be the best person at it, cos I have no experience of the harder parts.

Enchanted Guest

Hey girls... sorry I have been so useless of late!! Things are just mental here and as soon as I think something is cleared up something else happens. Like today, DH comes inside and in his stern/worried voice says "DANIELLE. Doctors.. NOW!". I turn around and he is holding his arm because he has cut it with a grinder! So madly I rush around... getting a towel for DH, chucking Oscar & him in the car, me realising when I get in the car that I have socks on but no shoes Anyway, he is fine. He missed all the major veins but cut through the muscle and hit a small vein. So he had 4 stitches and is all bandaged up!!

Raels- That sounds fantastic hun!! I am so excited for you! You will be a godsend to that mumma to be!!

I better get some things done and get to bed. Have a good night ladies and bubbas *mwa*

Hey Everyone!!

Dani - Oh no at DH!! but LOL at having socks on but no shoes!! I used to have dreams about ending up at school with no shoes on How is all the packing and planning going?

Jan - Oh thats great that Liam is starting to say 'ta'. I want to teach that to Avaleigh. She is getting real good at sharing with her cousin, she loves spending time with her cous!

Sacha - gotta hate it when they are sick. Hope Autie gets better quick smart!

Mel - OH NO @ Jack's dash to the hospital. He must have a little guardian angel watching over... I can see Jack being a handful when older!! Hope both your kiddies get better. It has been a pretty bad winter with all the sickness around, I've heard of so many people being sick. Avaleigh has been better for 2 weeks now so fingers crossed she doesnt catch anything else.

Lis - Avaleigh has only been having 1 day sleep for quite a while now and I like it cause it means she gets to bed early for me! She first wakes up between 6.30-7.30am and will have her day sleep about 10.30/11am and will sleep for 1-2 hrs. We'll then have some lunch and dinner is about 5pm followed by a bath, bottle and then bed about 6/7pm. It works quite well for us, I am not sure what she does at her nanna's house, I think it might be about the same, but maybe the day sleep is after lunch cause I thik they have lunch about 11am there.

Things here have been good!! I am doing a 4 day week this week and next week to get some extra cash. I am going to approach my boss and try and do some work out of the office, I need variety as my last job was just sitting at the desk all day every day! I'm full steam ahead with my exercise/diet regime (sp?) so I will be looking good for summer!! I stopped breastfeeding on Saturday, so that was 13 months of breastfeeding for us. YAY!! I only wanted to get to 6 months so I did an extra 7 months just cause it was easier. Avaleigh wasnt even fussed on it, I dont think she even noticed! My boobs are still really full, just a little tender and I think they are starting to dry up. Now that I finished breastfeeding I can go and get the pill so no more babies here, for now I am a bit worried about going on the pill again cause I am not sure if I gain weight on it or not, guess we will see and if I do then I'll be stopping.

Avaleigh has been really good. Well apart from the tantrums that she is starting to master! She is getting really frustrated these days, especially when she is tired. It must be strange for them to start getting these feelings and emotions. We've got more teeth!! I didnt even notice. Avaleigh cracked her head on something at her nan's house and in her cries her aunty so that her back molar was through!! No idea when that came up cause she has been in a really really good mood. I was more expecting the front ones to be coming through. I think they have cut through too.

Well enough blab from me. Better go and wash Avaleigh's bottle and get my lunch ready for work tomorrow.

Hope you are all well!!

Megan76 Guest

Sorry girls...still alive but sick, clingy boy is not helping the posting thing! He has a nasty barky cough and is very croaky and wheezy. I have read up so will be back when we're well again!

this is a big woo hoo from me - last night, L woke at 1.30, having not woken for his normal 10.30ish feed, and although I was tempted I didn't give in to the urge to feed him, instead we just cuddled and amazingly, he cuddled back, didn't look for food and after about 10 minutes he went back to bed without a peep. This is only day four of the no-overnight-feed plan, so it might be a little bit early to get really excited, but I can't help myself - it felt like a huge breakthrough.

Anyway, there's some housework calling so better go whilst L's asleep

Thanks everyone for your wishes. We haven't had a great night but things could be a lot worse.

Raels, that's awesome about the Bf support. What exactly does it involve you doing for her?

Jan, how cute is the 'ro ro ro'! Autie's comprehension is good but we still don't have much in the way of recognisable words. It's tough cutting out the night time feed isn't it? But I'm sure your clever little guy will catch on fast. I love Liam's ticker picture, but whenever I look at it, it makes me feel cold! LOL Probably because the study is such a cold room, I couldn't bear the thought of not having clothes on!

Well done on the BF V, and glad to hear things are cheery at your place.

Megan, sounds like we have twins at the moment Hope your little poorly bear is all better soon. And you get a rest.

Dani, have to laugh at the no shoes Glad it all turned out ok!

I am loving Autie's walking! We can go outside and wander around looking at things without my back breaking, and it IS so much nicer at the park playground. Also, I get to dress her in light coloured pants without them going black at the knees! I'm looking forward to summer when I can finally put some dresses on her too, and not have to worry that she can't crawl in them. We went to Amart the other day, just for a look around and she had a great time wandering through the furniture and up and down the aisles examining cupboard handles

Dan has just started a three week hitch away - he has to fill in for someone else. Not looking forward to it really...especially while she's sick. His job lets me stay home which I'm grateful for, but I'll still pout a little...just quietly in the corner to myself if you don't all mind.

HI all,

I'm back again unprecidented i know don't get too used to it, i'm back at work next week.

Lis, hang in there, she may still go back to more sleeps. our sleep patterns change daily but generally we have 2. on swimming day he usually only has one, but last sat for example was a 3 hour nap and I had to wake him up.

Mel when it rains it pours huh? hang in there and stay positive. Poor little man too i'm glad he's ok though.

Sacha, Xavier had lots of teething going on and I thought he only had 6 teeth still, till i shoved my finger towards the back and found molers coming through. I hope the time hubby is away goes really fast.

Raels, that's a fantastic to be supporting other mums to bf. I have been thinking about that sort of thing too, and wondering if my positive experience could help others. I'd love to hear how you go with that.

Jan, how fantastic you have had some good days. reading your post made me smile. Droping those middle of the night feeds are hard, but good job liam for adjusting so fast. I hope you get lots of alnight sleeps from now on. We almost did last night, just one trip in to re-settle and then he woke at 6.45 this morning, which was great and much needed by mum and dad.

Danielle, put your feet up and take a breath darl. Boys, whod have em.

V, on 13 months of feeding. can you throw some of your healthy eating and exercise discipline my way? I keep teling myself that I have to loose some weight but I am so unmotivated too. Even though I keep reminding myself I need to drop 8-10kg before I can have another bub, it's not working.
    Have you been expressing a little for comfort, doesn't have to be with a pump, can be hand expressing in the shower, sometimes the safer option to avoid getting mastitis.
    Maybe the teeth came through when she had the ear infection, so you wouldn't have noticed the grizzles??

Megan, sorry to hear about being sick. I hope all get better soon.

I am going to have Xavier stay home with me on Friday, poor little muchkin I have kept sending him to creche while I had a mummy break, and I am actually feeling all re-freshed now. A friend of mine is coming to visit, haven't seen her for a while and she has never met xavier. She starts maternity leave today, so i'm wondering what she actually looks like at the moment all preggers.
    It might just be me but I'm finding myself a little jealous of all these people i know who are having their first bub. I guess I just enjoyed being pregnant soooo much I want it to be me.

Anyone that has a second bub how do you 'enjoy' it the second time around when you have other kids to look after as well?? I keep thinking half the reason why i loved it so much is becuse I was able to do whatever I liked and get away with murder while Nathan did everything. Don't think i'll be able to do that next time.

oh well,

have a great day all

I've just got onto BB to have a read and calm myself down - just got abused by a TELEMARKETER of all people, for not taking up her stupid coupon offer that she was doing. Called the company back and made a complaint but still fuming!! Grrr. (vent over ).

I have missed out on so much over the past few days!

Mel - you poor poor thing! Thank god Jack is alright. We have another dishwasher lover here and a dishwasher that for some reason very occasionally doesn't dissolve the tablets, so I am going to be super careful. I am guilty of leaving the door slightly ajar too as T loves to push the buttons, and I don't know how to kiddy lock. I am going to hunt for the manual! to you - hope everything is ok, especially regarding your sister. My sister went through a divorce a few years ago, and while it wasn't particularly nasty, it was devastatingly sad (they married very young and I think she basically 'outgrew' him. She is a different person now - lives in the city with lots of new friends, new job,loves travelling, has a fiance - and he still is happy in small town, doing same old thing).

Bec -glad you are enjoying your hols and good on you for having mummy time! If you took Xav out of daycare, you would still get charged for it wouldn't you? Make the most of your relaxing time. Brilliant question regarding second bubs! I always think the same thing too. I was completly spoilt while pg. Actually thought I was dying from morning sickness but DH and my family/friends couldn't do enough for me, even when I was finally well. Next time, will it just be "Oh she's up the duff again"?

Sacha - hope Autie is ok. T is very similar in that he seems to be having teething pain constantly but no signs of anything new. I just keep giving him teething tabs, but I think they are making him constipated. Poor little thing. And poor you for Dan being away. I am bad enough about DH starting cricket again soon and just being away all day on a Saturday, so I feel like a real sooky la-la!

Raels - what a great idea! Well done for sharing your knowledge. Something like that would be a fantastic help - if I had done something like that, I may of bf for longer.

Lis - T is on one sleep a day here too. Our day goes a bit like this -

Wakes around 7am, has breakky etc
    Morning Tea at 10.30/10.45am - normally yoghurt and biscuits, with drink of milk.
    Sleep about 11.30am, usually for about 2-2 and half hours
    When he wakes he has a sandwich and fruit.
    Dinner is at 5.30pm
    Bath at 6, then in bed by 7pm

I found in getting down to one sleep it was easier just to push it back by about 15mins each day.
    Did you mention in one of your previous posts that you thought Olivia walked with one foot turned out, or am I imagining it? Because T does the same. Mum said I did it too, and I can walk properly (most of the time!) so not to concerned about it.

Sorry to everyone else, I am going to pike it on the rest of the personals. I am going to order DH's fathers day present on line today - a t-shirt for Tom with the name of DH's crcket team printed on it, so he can wear it when they go to cricket together. VERY dorky present, but DH will love it. Also going to get him some more Top gear dvds, so it isn't like i have just brought a present for Tom!

We had a first case of walking here the other night! Tom took 4 steps by himself. He was getting quite confident, but 4 was all he could manage. He went into the bathroom and walked and fell over and smashed his head on the tiles. He is ok, big bruise but hasn't walked since!

I got a really good book the other day called Toddler Tactics by Pinky Mckay, incase any one is interested. It has really good advice, lots of natural instinctive parenting without being too airy fairy and letting them run riot.

Hope everyone is ok - especially those with sick bubs and DH's!
    Last edited by mrscricket; August 27th, 2008 at 01:08 PM.

Just thought I would pop in and say hi in case I was missed

xxoo

Nicky - to you too!! Hope all is good with you!

Em - Oh some of those telemarketers can be awful!! for Tom with his 4 steps and what a great idea for a father's day present! I think that's really cute.

Bec - sounds like you are having a much needed break!! Hope you have a lovely day with Xavier on Friday.

Sacha - How is Autie now? Hope she is feeling better. Oh you must miss your man being away like that, I hope the next 3 weeks flies by!! DF has been talking about applying for a job in the mines....hmmmm....great $$$ I know, but I would miss him too much! Auties walking sounds very cute. I am sort of looking forward to Oliver doing it now. We like to spend a lot of time outside and it would be much better for him if he could walk around.

Jan - that's great news on the bfeeding front. I know how worried you have been about that! When do you go back to work? I love the 'ro ro ro', what a clever little man.

Megan - sorry to hear you are sick. Hope everything gets better soon.

V - I put on heaps of weight when I was on the full pill but didn't notice any difference from the mini pill. You just need to make sure you take it at the same time each day!!

Well thanks for all the great comments regarding my bfeeding support. Basically what I'll be doing is meeting with a lady who is in her third trimester of her pregnancy who has decided to bfeed. I will be getting to know her and offering information until she has given birth and then continue to support until the baby is 6 months old. We aren't allowed to give medical advice, rather just use our own experiences and those from others to encourage and help her through and difficulties that may arise, for instance the dreaded first growth spurt at 6 weeks when it feels like the baby is constantly attached to you and those times when we feel that we don't have any milk, or if she may develop mastitis, etc... Pretty much just support support support! Because there is such a lack of it in this area. If there is something we can't help her with we can ask one of the other peer supporters or refer her to a LC or the ABA. If we come accross something that we haven't experienced ourselves we can ask one of the other girls who have and get help this way too. And we have been supplied with loads of information and further training is going to be offered. So, I'm very excited!!

Well all is good with Oliver. We spent the day with a friend and her two year old daughter. They don't usually get on very well (she beats him up ) but today they played really well! My friend and I even got to watch a DVD and only had to pause it twice We watched Made Of Honour with McDreamy.....oooh la la he is a spunky man!!!

Anyway, I don't know if anything I just wrote makes any sense cause I am so tired right now! Better go to sleep.

Take care ladies and get better those who are not well. xo

Dani - OMG for your DH, how lucky that he missed all the important bits in his arm.

V - well done on B/Fing for 13 months, it really is a great achievement. And I'm going to be a bit mumsy here - but re the weight gain fears, you have already lost so much, just make sure that you enjoy what you are at the moment ( ie gorgeous, fit and healthy). Cos I have to tell you, I'm sad at myself these days for not appreciating how gorgeous I was at 24/25/26 (I was tiny, size 8). Instead, I spent most of my time feeling like I was much bigger than I actually was, and whilst I'm not unhappy with myself in the big scheme of things atm, I was a classic case of not appreciating what I had till it was gone...

Megan - hi! sorry to hear that you've also got a sick bub. Come on spring, can't wait for this winter to be over, it's been nasty to so many of us.

Sacha - I hear you on the joys of walking & clean knees! I'm hanging out for Liam to start so that I can start him wearing some of the nice jeans that I've bought him. We went to a party the other week & Pat let him crawl around on the concrete outside while he was wearing his best pants - men! What a pain having Dan away for 3 weeks, have you got people around to help you out/give you a break at all? And I'll try to find a warmer photo of liam...

Bec - yay for feeling refreshed, that makes your mummy break very worthwhile. I hear you on being a little jealous of preggie girls, I still miss my bump sometimes, although I do love my wriggling jiggly ex-bump.

Em - get yourself onto the Do Not Call register! Then, if they call you & abuse you, you can really get them back. ALthough don't do what I did & go mental at them before finding out who they were - cos then you don't know who to complain about . I've got the Pinky McKay Toddler book too - it's great, if anyone's thinking about getting it, I got mine from Target for around $16 - was the cheapest I could find. Poor little T for falling over & hurting himself, hopefully he'll find his legs again soon.

And last, but not least - Nicky - I was just thinking about you today & wondering how it's all going. Now, this is a bad question, but I just can't remember so I'm going to ask it - when's the big day - or has it already happened?? And if it's already happened, where's our debrief!

Well, the evil chocolate fairy has visited my house tonight - I've already eaten a heap, & yet I'm still craving it. I have a serious sugar addiction I think, I'm hoping that the appetite diminishes somewhat, cos I'll end up the size of a house otherwise once I give up the BF. Anyway, enough from me, I'm going to go & spend some time with DF, otherwise he'll forget what I look like.

HI all,

em, grr telemarketers.

Yep, sure would get charged for day care, and plus they can only have a certain amount of days off/sick days before the additional rebate is effected. :lol in part I think i'm mourning the fact I can't have the first one all over again, but i'm sure the second will be special in it's own way.

Hi Nicki, I was wondering where you were

Jan lol at the ex bump, certainly wouldn't trade them in huh? I hear you on the apetite, I really wish I could control myself or at least eat healthy food rather than chocolate. I'm not overly happy with myself at the moment either, but can't seem to get motivated enough to do anything about it.

Ok, well the mummy break has been great, but I think it's gone way too long and I've had too much time to think, or my hormones are back in check. Because I am so clucky right now!! Before xavier i actually charted for about 12 months and managed to conceive first go, so I've started charting again to work out my cycle (fingers crossed it's as easy this time round) and I've even sat down and worked out when I think the best time to try for another bubba is. :lol at this stage I'm aiming for march next year house should be done by then. Am i mental??

Take care all

Hi Guys

Autie has been asleep for nearly two hours and so far no coughing! Hooray! I've got the vaporiser on so hopefully that is making a difference. Hope I haven't jinxed myself...

Em, I had a carpet cleaner guy come to the door and shove a leaflet in my hand and tell me if I was lucky, someone would call to make an appointment with me! Then they somehow got Dan's number and called him and he didn't know but assumed I knew all about it and made the appointment with them I was saying 'no no no! I don't want them in my house! Why did you do that?' LOL He doesn't mince words with people so he called them back and said 'don't bother coming. my wife doesn't want you in the house' I think they were a it taken back by his bluntness. Oh big for the walking boy! Shame about the bad start but I bet it doesn't slow him down for long!

Hey Nicky, get your a$$ on here GF and give us an update (imagine a bossy, Jerry Springer 'guest' type accent there)

Raels, Autie is no better really but it's just the cough keeping her awake more than anything. Went to the doctor today and one ear is a bit red but she hasn't really indicated a problem there. I opted against AB for the time being, she is just having a natural expectorant to help bring up the phlegm on her chest. Thanks for asking. I think it would be hard to go from having your DH home all the time to working away - I'm glad it's all I've ever known. There are benefits - it's great when he is home and we get to spend all our time together as a family, easy to plan trips and go places without weekend rush. And I think it makes you appreciate the other person more than you might otherwise.

LOL Jan, yes please have Liam in a nice thick jumper with a beanie on! Yes, I do have a lot of family close by though everyone has their own young children to look after so I don't ask them. My mum would help in an instant if I asked, but I feel she already spends too much time looking after Autie's cousin and I don't like her to get overworked. We talk all the time though and usually that can be the best help of all - it's why we're all here I guess! My secret shame at the moment is those bite size chocolate covered honeycomb things - I bought two packs this week - just to get over Dan's going away of course...so bad...

Bec, I think you're doing well to hold off until March if you're feeling so clucky now! I think December is as long as I can wait, all things considered. Then Autie has a bad day and I think 'what am I thinking, bringing another one into the mix?!' I think I would have to get a lot of tips off Jem on how to cope with more than one on your own LOL BTW....

Jem, where are you?! Is all well?

Does anyone know what happens at the end of the last season of Friends? I never got to see it for some reason. It's on at the moment on Austar but sometimes I just can't help turning to the last page...LOL

And since we're on the topic of weight...I need to lose 10kg. How do you do that and still eat choc honeycomb? Anyone...?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast