Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #23

Hi all,

Oliver had his needles today and I am friggin cranky. Ok, first off, my boy is small. He weighs 8.6 kg and is 72 cm long. He is by no means, unhealthy, undernourished or sickly looking. He is very healthy, breastfed and eats REALLY well.

I am constantly getting comments about his size, like "oh he's so tiny for his age" or "wow I wouldn't have thought he was that old". I can handle this, but today just ****ed me off!!!!!!!! The two nurses giving him the shots said this today:

Nurse 1 to me: "oh is he 1 already?"
    Me: "yes" duh!!
    Nurse 1: "oh are you sure?"
    Me: wtf "YES!!"
    Nurse 1 to Nurse 2: "oh he's so tiny"
    Nurse 2: "yes, he's a midget"

OMG!!!!!!! She called my son a midget. I couldn't believe it. I said to her, did you just call my son a midget and she says back, well his mum is only little. Then she jabs him 3 times and when she sees me with tears in my eyes - not from her comment but from my son being in pain - she then asks me if I am ok!!!! And then I tell her I am going to stay in the room for a few minutes to feed him and settle him down. She looks at me like I am bfeeding a 25 year old and quickly rushes to pull the curtains around the little cubicle. You know, I don't let this sort of thing affect me too much because I know my child is fine but if someone had of said something like that to me when I had my first baby I would have been mortified!

Anyway, thanks! Had to get that off my chest. DF was not happy when I told him and wants me to make a complaint to the doctor. I know I should but what good what it do really. The woman probably didn't mean it to sound like it did but she could really do someone some damage if she said it to the wrong person.

On the upside, I am an Aunty again. Well, Lexxen's uncle's girlfriend had a baby last night so I'm not technically related but we are all just one big extended family. She weighed 9 pound 3 ounces (my boys were 4 pound 15 and 6 pound 9). Her name is Isabella and she is beautiful!!

Anyway, sorry this has been a me me post but I know you girls understand!!

Hope everyone is well, will be back tomorrow when I have calmed down. Oh and hope I didn't offend in any way!!
    Last edited by razzle; July 29th, 2008 at 09:39 PM.

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one from me. Happy belated birthday to Oscar and Lachlan, glad you both had a great time.

Ethan had his 12 month needles today he was sooooo sad and i felt soooo mean!!
    I may be mia again for another few days as ethan has been unwell with the chicken pox!! I took him to the dr on his b'day as the spots came back allover his belly and legs and he had a super high temp again, the dr said nothing was wrong and the spots were eczema and sent us away, i was super mad because i knew it wasnt right. Was very sick all weekend and finally got him back to a different dr today and he confirmed chicken pox and also his thrush is back in his mouth. He is covered from head to toe in spots and starting to get scabby now, the good thing is that his temps are back to normal. I also had a bleed sunday night and had some terrible BH contractions and spent 6hrs in hospital for monitoring, bub was distressed but is okay now and i just have to take it easy. I have a follow up appt next friday. Now i have family down staying as they couldnt make it for ethans b'day! So has been stressful, tiring and busy but after this week things will be back to normal.

Okay sorry this is me me me and not a really good post but will catch up better soon.

And thankyou all so very much for ethans birthday wishes, after the day we had it really made me smile and i read them too him! It did put a tear in my eye too

Goodnight everyone

hi everyone

i have had a very long and very unpleasant night Jason got food poisoning from somewhere and started throwing up from 10pm last night and was throwing up nearly every 40 mins - the poor thing! he is still going for it now and must be soo sore. I am meant to be at work today but am taking the day off to look after him and make sure he gets plenty of fluids. Plus Avaleigh was stirring a lot too cause I think she is teething again (off food and generally unhappy) So I am soooo tired! going to make myself a strong coffee.

i hope everyone is better than us!

HI raels!!!
    Our boys seem to be nearly exactly the same weight and height!!!!
    Lachie is also 8.6kgs and is 73cms long. But my MCHN was awesome about it all. She has no probs with him, says he's a beautiful happy little man. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I would make a complaint if I were you. That's just disgraceful!

Thanks to those who gave Lachie birthday wishes!!! He had a great relaxing day after a crazy b'day party on sunday. Still am in shock at how quickly one year went!!!
    Couldn't get on yesterday, so will go back and read the rest of the posts.

Cheers.
    xoxo

Gosh, we all seem to be having a bad run of it after all the birthday excitment! Big hugs and kisses to everyone who isn't feeling well!

Raels - that is terrible! Poor you. I would probably think about making some kind of complaint or a writing a letter prehaps? To comment on his size is one thing, but to call him a midget is just wrong. I think you are exactly right when you said that she didn't mean to be offensive, but some people just don't think before they open their big mouths!

Sacha & Megan - *hands up* I am another with a bubba who seems to think that afternoon nap is out of the question. I am trying to jig around my sleep times to have one big one, more towards the middle of the day, otherwise he is nightmare by about 5pm. Today, he woke at 7.45am (6.15 every other day this week ), so I put him down at 12. Will see how that goes. Atleast it is a nice day here, so if it all fails, I can chuck him in the pram and go for a walk.

Sacha - I am going to steal your chalk on the driveway idea. I would never of thought to do that yet. Sounds like fun!

Jess - make sure you are resting and taking it easy, you poor thing. Poor Ethan too. Hope he is not too itchy, and starting to feel better.

Well, we had the 12 month checkup on Monday. Tom is 78cm long and 9.6kg - so thinking he might turn out tall and slim like his dad. The nurse gave me grief about T not being very good with finger foods etc, but on the way home he ate a banana all by himself. I nearly cried with joy - so funny what makes you proud! Anyway, I am a bit confused - she asked me what milk he is having and I said bottle on waking and before bed at night. Well, she acted like I was poisoning him and said "they have to go. You will delay him developmentally'. - what is everyone else doing in regards to bottles? He is having a bit of milk out of his sippy cup at afternoon tea, the rest of the time he drinks water. Do you think it is the bottle itself or the milk she has the problem with? My friend sees the same nurse and is still breastfeeding, and the nurse didn't say anything about her still feeding 6 times a day. I know there is definiately a difference between b/milk and formula/cows milk, but the MCHN made a big deal about Tom becoming reliant on having a bottle. It is all a bit confusing.

- he is awake. My grand plan of a very long sleep didnt work!
    Last edited by mrscricket; July 30th, 2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Can't spell.. Can I still blame it on baby brain?

OMG Raels if you don't make a complaint, I will. I hate people like that, and I use hate with a passion. Sorry if that sounds to nasty, but my pet hate is when people put other people down, if they mean it or not. You should say something or as someone said maybe a letter might make it easier for you. On the bright side is, that you and your family know he is healthy and perfectly normal, so do we, and that's all that really counts. There takes a lot of smaller babies and a lot of larger babies to make an average baby. It's a crock of "5hit" if you ask me. I went through the same, with Charlize when she was 1, she was sitting on the 5%ile, I was made to feel aweful by one MCHN, and now Charlize is sitting right on the 50%ile, no change to her diet. They are all different, but I know you know that, I just wanted to make you feel a little better.

Jess, OMG you poor thing. I know this might sound crazy but try and rest honey, take advantage of your family being there, and get them to help out as much as possible. Remember when I went into preterm labour with Jack????? Well, I tried to rest, but not all that possible with a 1 year old, but even if it's laying down, when ever you can, or leaving the housework for a few days to let things settle down. I hope all is better now.

V, I hope Jason gets better soon.

Em, try and remember opinions are like like a55holes, everyone has one, and most the times they are full of ............ Well you get the drift. Charlize still has 2 bottles a day, and she is 2. Sometimes she will drink from a cup, sometimes she prefers the bottles. What ever works, and what ever suits you best, is the best. They won't drink from a bottle forever. But again, that's just my opinion yey, on the Banana too BTW.

Well, when you think things can't get worse they do. Well since I last spoke we were all sick, well, now Jack has conjuntivitis, I have Bronchilitis, DH cold has returned and Charlize is getting her last fangs. We just can't win. Bring on Summer, I hate all the crap that comes with the cold wheather.

We had Jack's check-up last week, and he is now 11.6kg, and 81cm. With an even bigger head, but he is in proportion, and just a sweetie. His pressure glove is ready, so I'm about to go and collect it. It arrived last week, but one of the fingers was to tight, so they had to get it remade. So hopefully today it will fit. Then we will get his other on in the mail.

Anyway, must be off.

I hope everyone, has some better luck with colds, food poisenings, bleedings, evil MCHN's. Take care.
    Last edited by Meluchja; July 30th, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

hey everyone!

I have got a very quiet house and have had a quiet house for nearly 3 hours. Jason is asleep in bed and Avaleigh has been asleep for 3 hours now - this is never heard of!! I keep checking on both of them making sure that they are ok. I probably could have gone in to work today but its good that I am home and that Jason knows that if he needs anything to just yell. He has just been sleeping and I have been topping up his water and emptying his spew bucket. No spews for the last couple of hours so lets hope his body got rid of it all and he will be better tonight.

Jess - I hope that you manage to find some time to rest. I know it must be hard with a toddler on the run, but you have got to try. I hope Ethan's CP clears up soon.

Mel - you are having a bad run with the sicknesses!! I hope everything clears up for you too..

Whats every one doing for dinner with their bubs?? I decided the other day to start giving Avaleigh our food, jsut modifying it to suit her. We've only tried it twice and both times it has been a failure cause Avaleigh is just not eatting much food. I think I started trying this at the wrong time with her teeth coming through!

Uh oh - better go Avaleigh is awake. I made picklets for lunch in the shape of letters that spell out her name!! I know she cant read it but I am awfully proud of it!! I took a pic to show Jason when he wakes up LOL

So cute V..... I'm sure she will love them..... I give Jack for dinner, what we ate the night before. If it's child proof of course. But sometimes if it's one of his favs, like tonight, stirfry, I will give it to him fresh, same as will spag. bog, chix Knocchi, ravioil & sausages. He is a big fan of slow cooked meals, like Rich beef casserole with mash, or lamb casserole or beef stronganoff. But I'm really lucky with him, there is not much he won't eat. Charlize was the total opposite.

Megan, we had another day with no arvy nap. Tomorrow I'm going to try pushing out her morning one and see how that goes because I can't stand the frustration. Mind you, she's off her food and waking at night lately too, so it could be teeth or developmental change I guess. Who knows? I give up trying to figure her out! On day 3 when she was born, she got a sudden high temp and was whisked away to the special care nursery and put under the griller (LOL you know, the tables with the heater above) and went totally lethargic and non-responsive and wouldn't feed so she had all these blood tests and an IV (bandaged on with a splint) and ended up being fed through a nasal tube. They couldn't work out what it was (Dan had actually stayed away that day with a bad virus, but the symptoms weren't the same) Then they tried twice to do a lumbar puncture and she 'wouldn't let them' they told me. Anyway, it was never really pinned down and she was ok again by day 10. So awful at the time. Wires coming off her everywhere, Dan not able to be there, trying to get my milk in by pumping every 3 hours and taking 40mins to get 50ml total then get back to my room for a 20 min nap before coming back to do the Bf, nasal feed and pump all over again. I was at the Bali bombing which was no picnic, but OMG those 7 days were truly the worst time in my life by far. I was a mess.
    Anyway, we went down there today and it actually bought back more memories of the moments right after her birth than anything else so, all good.

Oh Raels, some people just don't think do they? Good on you for speaking up about it! I can't believe that nurse actually asked if you were sure he was 1! I would've been tempted to reply something like 'oh, no I'm not really. I just found him in the street'. Maybe a short note to the doc saying you found her choice of words offensive would get her the kick up the butt she needs. Congrats on being an aunty - did it make you clucky...?

Jess you need a big I think. What a bad run you're having! I'm glad Ethan is recovering and make sure you take a little time to recover too. It must be hard looking after two bubs at once!

Em, what is it with these nurses you guys keep getting?! Gosh that makes me mad. Like Mel says, do what you want. Autie is having 3 bottles a day plus a half during the night atm, and that's what she needs. I don't think 12m is too old for a bottle at all. for the banana!

Mel, for you too. Hope things pick up a bit for you and your whole family soon.

Hope things have calmed down for you V and well done on the pikelets! I can't really say what Autie has for dinner atm - she is going through a phase (that's what I choose to believe anyway LOL) Tonight was grated cheese and grated apple - everything else went over the side.

That's it I'm off to bed. Be smiley if you can

Thanks girls!!! I have decided that I will have a chat to my doctor but if she fobs me off I will write a complaint letter. I don't want this woman saying this sort of thing to other mums, she could seriously do some damage, especially around here, there are soooo many young mothers!

Sacha - I thought of so many comebacks when I left!! I wish I could be one of those people who thinks quicker. lol. Oh gosh at you being at the Bali bombings, what a horrible experience for you! And to answer your question, NO, it did not make me clucky. Good luck with the napping.

Mel - Not only did you make me feel better you made me smile too! I really hope you all get better soon. How cold has it been here??!! I'm with you, bring on summer and get rid of all those nasties.

Veronica - the pikelets sound very cute!! Dinners here are basically whatever we are having but if it's not suitable I always have some meat and veg in the freezer or occaisonally I will give a Rafferty's Garden packet.

Em, these nurses are just doing peoples heads in. I'm with Mel, do what you feel is best and what works for you both.

Going to have to cut this short. Oliver is awake. He isn't too well after his needles.

Hello to everyone that I missed!

Happy (very Belated) Birthday to Lachlan!!! Hope you had a super day.

Sarah - isn't it satisfying when all your hard work pays off & the party goes well. It's great that your Dad & brother made peace with each other after all that time. BUT OMG at the convulsions, that must have been so scary for you, poor little man. I hope the ab's are working & the UTI is clearing up quickly.

Sacha - for losing it with poor Autie yesterday. You will know this, but I'll say it anyway - it's very human of you to lose it momentarily, because even the most patient person in the world has a button that their child will know how to find, and sleeping (or lack thereof) can be wearing on the best of us. And it's all how you recover the situation I think, and you're such a great mum that you will have left no lasting mark. I love the creative activities that you do with her, absolutely fantastic to have keepsake artworks that she's done from so early on.

Raels - what a stupid pair of nurses. I'm with everyone else, I reckon that it's worth a complaint, but I know that if it were me I'd probably just think about it & not actually get to it. But on a good note, congrats on being an Auntie again.

Jess - OMG for the chicken pox, and how incompetent of the dr to not pick it up. I hope that you're taking it easy like you should be (well, as much as you can with a 1yo!).

Em - your MCHN needs a good dose of Belly belly I think, to knock some sense into her. I could be wrong, but as far as I know the main thing to be wary of with bottles is to not let them go to sleep with them because of the risk of tooth decay - if they fall asleep on their bottle the milk can pool in their mouth which isn't a good thing. It can also cause ear infections according to the handout I got from my MCHN. But they still need the milk and if it takes a little while longer to transition him to cups then big deal. Personally I don't understand why they get so anal about these things, anyone with 5 seconds experience with kids can see how they all develop at different rates, there is no one size fits all.

Mel - you made me laugh with your advice to Em about opinions - well said! Yay for Jack's glove finally coming, not nice for him to have to wear but good to be working towards recovery.

V - hope Jason is feeling better now. Good on you for the night filling job, you're a hard worker that's for sure. Yum for the pikelets - wish I'd been at your place for lunch.

OK - dinners - I'm mostly still feeding Liam his super vegie mix, which these days is steamed carrots/zucchini/peas/corn, mixed with pureed pumpkin,parsnip,broccoli, cauliflower & beans. Mixed with tuna, or finely diced steak or chicken or lamb chops, with a bone to chew on which is one of his favourites. But I'm starting to feed him spme of our dinners - like Mel, slow cooked casserole dishes work a treat, as does risotto, soups, spag bol.

Sleeps - yep, the kid in my house is also trying to get away with 1 sleep per day, and being really miserable & clingy when he gets his way. I really struggle to get him to sleep in his cot in the afternoon, so usually resort to a catnap in my arms (rarely more than 20 minutes), or I win the battle by going for a walk. I generally look at giving him his morning sleep about 2 to 2 1/2 hours after he wakes up. I find that if it's much more than this his sleep time is usually only 1 cycle rather than 2, and I'd much rather have 2 cycles! His night time bed time is still around 7.30 - 8pm, I find that if he goes down earlier he just wakes up after about 45 minutes & wants more food.

Citrus - not yet. I thought about giving some mandarin, but the ones I bought were a bit dry & I didn't much like the flavour myself, so figured that it wasn't worth the waste.

Well, don't really have much to report. Our visit to the health nurse was relatively uneventful, which was good especially as I was steeling myself for a bit of a lecture about how many BF's Liam still takes each day (usually about 5). But she said nothing, which was good in a way, except that now the b'day party is over & I have to start thinking about going back to work I'm not sure how to get him to wean back to just a couple of feeds. I'm not in a desperate rush, but given his level of addiction just can't visualise how it's going to happen iykwim.

Anyway, that's enough from me, it's taken nearly 2 hours to get this much written cos he's been up & down a couple of times. one more attempt & there'll be a dose of nurofen I think, just in case it's teeth or something.

OMG I thought that I was going to pull my hair out tonight! It took Avaleigh an hour to go to sleep. I really wish I went to work today cause I have had one booooooooooooooring day!

I tried giving Avaleigh some of my dinner tonight. I had crumbed chicken with pasta so I cut the chicken in to finger food size and cut the pasta in to smaller bits. It was a success for a couple of mouthfuls and then NUP no more! So I pulled out her last can of baby food and she happily ate that because it was smooth and not difficult! I've only just started changin her food but I feel like I am not going to win. I guess I just got to keep on going and encouraging it, but am I going about it the right way? As in, if she doesnt want the 'big food' I will give her some baby food?? Hopefully its just a bit of teething that has got her off her food plus her cold and cough is back - I am planning on taking her to the doctor tomorrow to get checked just incase its something more. Plus she is due for her next shots in 2 wks and I dont want her being sick and missing them!

Jan - sounds like Liam has a great variety of food there!! Whats with this bone business?? Is it just so he gets the taste of meat cause Avaleigh doesnt like meat very much. Yeh I am a hard worker, hopefully I will be able to handle it but not planning to do it forever, just until we are comfortable again.

Ahh I am up WAY too late! I've been organising all my photos on the computer and planning to make up a couple of cd's tp send Jason's grandma in NZ. Was hoping to get it done tonight but not a chance cause I am tired.

Night all!

V - lamb cutlets are great for kids to chew on. Not the cheap lamb chops, as they're pretty fatty and the bone's not a good shape, the more expensive version which is leaner & comes with a nice baby holding bone. I usually just get mine from Safeway, cut most of the meat bit off the bone,dice it finely & stir through his vegies, then at the end of the meal I give him the bone to play with. You don't want them too fatty, because by the time they get through the meal things have cooled down & fat tends to congeal in a not nice way.

Maybe you could try some vegie soup for avaleigh - if you cut up your vegies finely enough & cook it for long enough they go really soft but still retain some texture. & you can add things like beans & barley which are also very good for them. And pasta, so it's a kind of minestrone. And don't let a couple of objections scare you off - kids will reject food for all sorts of reasons, but if it's consistently offered in a relaxed way they'll usually come round (except for brussels sprouts - blergh..)

AHH! I am soo annoyed. I am missing another day of work because Avaleigh was crying from when she woke up until I put her in the car and she was crying even more so I called Jason and he said it would be better for me to stay home cause his sister iis looking after 3 kids by herself for a few hours today and all Avaleigh wanted was to be held by me (it was kinda cute - I would pull her away to sit her up and she would cuddle back in to me) So I called work and they are ok and said that I can pick up the hours another time and I said YES I will probably do that next week. But the thing that annoys me now is that Avaleigh is fine!! No more crying but I know if I left her with her Aunty H that she wouldnt be happy. But I have got her booked in to see a dr today cause she still has her cold and its gone real chesty and I want to make sure she wont get what Jason had, well still has he still feels like crud this morning.

jan - oh yeh I know what lamb cutlets you're talking about! i will pick some up at the shops tonight. What about chicken drumsticks - have you tried them too? Mmmm a soup sounds real nice. I might try and find a recipe and see if I have got all the stuff. Thanks for the ideas! And yes, you cant let the objections scare you off, I just think that I have started this at the wrong time with Avaleigh teething and being unwell

Hey, has anyone tried a frittata on their little ones? I have just seen a recipe of a vegetable frittata that just has sweet potato and capsicum in it.

Just checked Avaleigh's temp and she is 36.8.. I think she had a temp earlier cause she was fairly warm so I gave her nurofen but didnt check until just now..
    Last edited by Ngala; July 31st, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks girls for your advice regarding bottles. DH said he didn't know why I was so stressed out - he absolutely hates our MCHN after she told us off for co-sleeping when T was 4 wks old. Apparently we would squash him in our sleep, turn him into a terrible sleeper, never get him out of bed, blah blah blah. We later found out she co-slept with her twins until they were 7.
    I think I got stressed because I couldn't figure out how I was going to cut the bottles - the second you open his door in the morning, he has his mouth open waiting for milk, and the night time one is just reassuring that he is nice and full for bed - hopefully ensuring mummy and daddy have a good nights sleep!

Mel - you crack me up with your wise advice. Love it! Will definiately keep that saying in mind.Poor Jack - hope he is feeling better and hope it all works out well with the glove.

V - I am no expert on the food thing but the past couple of nights Tom has been having some meat - chicken breast, etc which he chews on and normally finishes. Last night he had a piece of crumbed veal which he loved (DH was so disappointed. He wanted it so he was hoovering around like a bird of prey, hoping T wouldn't eat it). I have also been giving him a few veggies - baked sweet potato, carrots etc, but he more just pokes at them and then smashes them with his sippy cup, but I figure one day he will get the idea. Then I feed him pureed veggies - very similar to Jan's super vegie mix or some soup with pasta in it, and for dessert some fruit or custard. I get what you mean about offering the 'baby food', but it would probably apply more to a child that is a little older - like a 2 year saying they don't veggies, they want vegemite sandwich, and then when they won't eat the veggies, you cave in and give them a sandwich IYKWIM. I think at the moment, as long as you offer and she only has a bit of a go, then offer her something else. I haven't offered frittata yet - but it is on the menu very soon. Just haven't got my butt into gear to make it. I think it would be a great way of introducing more finger food. I made up some muffins for Tom with carrot, zucchini and saltunas (they are disgusting, very tasteless because they have no sugar) but he loves them! Scoffs them down.

Sacha - how did the chalk drawing go? We might try it today. We have only done citrus a couple of times - just chopped up and put in his yoghurt. Went down fairly well, but I haven't tried a piece on its own yet. We tried strawberries yesterday, and although he really just mashed them up and poked at them, the little bits that made it into his mouth, he seemed to enjoy!
    Gosh, I didn't realise that Autie had been so sick at birth. She is your little miracle! And that you were in/at (?) the Bali bombings. If its not too personal, is it a story you can share with us? Tell me to go away if I am being nosey!

Well, I am off to hang out some washing. It is a fairly nice day here but going to be horrible for the next few, so I am making the most of it! Then I might lay on the couch and watch the Ladette to Lady episode that I taped the other night (my guilty pleasure ). Fingers crossed T sleeps well - up since 6.15am (arrghh!) but he had needles today so I think he might be zonked. He was super super brave - only screamed when they did the leg one and then started to laugh at the nurse, thank goodness!

Oh my little munchkin has an ear infection!! No wonder she has been really upset and crying all the time. I have antibiotics to give her and I have to keep her dry and warm and give lots of cuddles. We were planning to go and watch some white water rafting this weekend with my family but that is out of the question now! I was really looking forward to it.. And Jason is back in bed too, couldnt handle being at work so smart idea to come home cause its not a good idea to be on top of a roof after food poisoning!

Em - muffins are a great idea. I am planning to make some for Avaleigh soon. I've got some banana's that are rippening nicely on top of the fridge, so going to make banana and yohgurt muffins tomorrow I think! I might do the fritatta tonight and will let you know if it was a success or not

Raels, is Oliver feeling better? What kind of symptoms did he get? Autie had hers about a week and half ago, and several things have gone downhill since (sleeping, eating) but she hasn't had a temp and no rash so I don't know if I can blame the needles.

Thanks Jan for the kind words I haven't BF in four or five days now and I wonder if that does something to your hormones. How does Liam go with the beans in your fantastic vegie mix? I have been too worried to try them yet in case Autie gets super-gas LOL

V, hope Avaleigh feels better soon, poor little mite Ear aches are so miserable. I have made a vegie slice which isn't quite a frittata but is basically loads of different veg, eggs,flour, cheese, bacon etc. and Autie really liked that for a while. With getting Avaleigh to eat 'big food' - have you tried sitting in the lounge with a plate of whatever and pretending it's yours and seeing if she comes up to steal off you? Sometimes this works with Autie if I'm trying her on something new.

Em, can I get that muffin recipe please? Sounds like just what I'm looking for. LOL at your DH waiting around for Tom's leavings! Who'd give up crumbed veal??? Sure I don't mind talking about Bali but what do you want to know? It could be a four page epic or just a paragraph depending on what you're interested in! LOL
    Also, if others would prefer not to hear it, I can PM you - don't be afraid to speak up please everyone, if it's not your cup of tea.
    I keep thinking about that nurse of yours and getting irritated. I mean, even if she was passionate about the subject, why not just say something like 'well, you might like to start thinking about reducing his use of bottles' and then at least explain why, for goodness sake! ( PS I still don't think you need to. )

Well, I tried one, later sleep today and ended up with only 50mins total for the day
    I have to remind myself of all those things I worried about over the past year when I didn't need to bother. It's just that I feel like I'm not doing my job if she doesn't get a good amount of sleep

Have to go return a phone call that I put off halfway through posting - my secret shame, putting posting before a friend's call

Megan76 Guest

Sorry girls brain is fried so this is going to be very random.....

Sacha - i tried the one sleep thing too and got 30 mins! Lucas has been much better in the mornings going to bed but the length of the sleep has been pretty pathetic! We have been out the last two days so he has slept in the car in the arvo, so not sure what he would do at home. Yes from me for the Bali story..... Oh and poor little Autie having a scary start to the world, poor mum and dad too!!

Em - silly MHN...just to make you feel better every baby at my mothers group (except Lucas who was "Mr dont put that thing near my mouth!") is still on at least 2 bottles a day. Just do what you want!! I'll put my hand up for the muffin recipe to if you can be bothered!!

Raels- I would have gone bright red in the face and snapped at those nurses i think! Why do people feel they must comment...?

V - I hope Avaleigh is ok. Lucas had an ear infection a few weeks ago, they are nasty things!

TOJ - i hope Ethan is ok with those chicken pox the poor bugger!

Citrus.....Lucas has been having mandarin for ages, he LOVES it...eats the whole thing!

Hmm what else...needles.....i think Lucas reacted to his, he got a rash and has been generally irritable, i sent DH a message yesterday saying that he was sucking the life out of me! Mean mummy, but my golly gosh he didnt know what he wanted and was having one tanty after the other!

I know i have forgotten stuff but DH is breathing down my neck for the computer!

Night night

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast