Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #7

I am in Warragul - cow country! Must be the day for pram walks!

Apologies, cos I'm going to have a bit of a whinge.

I've got another bl***dy cold. I've only just got over the last one, which lasted for 2 weeks mind you. So not impressed. Can't even work out where I could have picked it up from, not that that would make any difference, but I like to know these things. Liam escaped the last one, but suspect that he might not be so lucky with this one, which I'm not looking forward to. On the funny side, I was blowing my nose last night, & Liam almost wet himself laughing at me, so that was pretty cute. He's so much more alert to what's going on around him these days and he's become a super curious kid - sits up as straight as he can & peers at everything, especially people. Cracks me up sometimes watching him.

Megan76 Guest

Morning all! We had another excellent night 8.30pm - 7.30am YAY!! Fingers crossed it will stick around but i still don't trust him! I used one of those sleeping bags for the first time last night and he looked so cute...Dh and i just wanted to cuddle him cos he was asleep and looking adorable and snug as a bug!!

Jan - I really hope Liam doesn't get your cold cos they suck! Lucas had one and the horrible cough lasted forever and kept waking him up choking, it was horrible! Fingers crossed for you!

Em & Jo - Lucas slept the night only on 4 feeds so i think i am just going to run with it! He is nearly 7kgs so is a good size. I will speak to the maternal health nurse at his 4 month check but who knows he will probably change back to 5 today or tomorrow anyway! So unpredictable! Congrats on the massive sleep from Tom! Jo see how you go with going to bed later, but i always find that even if i try that lucas wakes at the same time anyway...must be their biological clock or something!!

If i go back a page to see what else was written i always lose my message...anyone know how to do it??
    Last edited by Megan76; October 24th, 2007 at 10:07 AM.

Megan76 Guest

Jem - how you coping? Who left dancing with the stars? I missed the end!

Hi girls,

Remember me? Its been a while since I have been in to make a post but I thought I would just say hi. Jordan is doing really well and we just adore him. It''s been great to read everyone's posts and hear how things are going. ((( big hugs ))) I'll endevour to call in to BB more often. xo Dee.

Hi Ladies,
    Jem, so sorry to hear about your rought trot last night. Hopefully things are a little better now.
    Well, I'm exhausted. I have been up at the hospital since 6am with Charlize. I didn't plan on being there that long, so Jack stayed home and had to have a bottle of formula. But he took it which is good. Still waiting on the results of all her blood and urine tests. I hope we don't have to go back, poor Charlize was so upset, she was such a little troppper. Anyway, must be off, catch up one some stuff. So much for packing, still haven't really been able to do any.
    BBL
    BTW, welcome back DEE. Glad to hear Jordan is still doing well.

Mel - poor Charlize. Obviously she hasnt picked up sinced starting the antibiotics. Do the Drs have any idea what the problem is?

Welcome back Dee

Megan - jessica Rowe left last night - her dance last night was not at all flash - very high on the cringe factor!

Just a quicky from me - its all good here.

BBL to say hi again.

Megan76 Guest

Mel - i hope Charlize is ok you poor thing!

I am so over this pram thing...just went for a walk on a lovely Melbourne day and Lucas screamed, i feel like such a bad mum walking the footpath with a screaming baby! I wish i knew what the problem was cos as soon as i pick him up he's fine...aaarrrhhhhh!

Megan -Jesse (DS2) was just like that in the pram so whenever I went walking I put him in the sIing. DO you have a sling you can use - that way you can still get out for a walk without having to stress about him getting upset in the pram.

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Jem - at least i know he is not the only baby to do it! I do have a sling that i use i was just hoping he would get used to the pram so we could use it more often! When did Jesse start being ok in it?

It took him a while - probably from 6 months or so he was OK with it. But dont let that deter you - he was a very unhappy baby so he didnt like much at all (poor thing)! Luckily he is normally Mr Happy now!

Megan76 Guest

So does that mean number 2 was your hardest?!!

By far the hardest - harder X one million billion trillion LOL!!! But he is adorable - and is now a happy and content little boy. Phew.

hey everoyone!!

I got a question... on the hot days does your bub show you that they are thirsty more often or do you offer the breast more often? Its been a fairly hot day in Perth and I'm offer Avaleigh a feed every 2 hours and she is taking it..

Megan76 Guest

I have heard babies like to feed more when its hot so i think that fine....when it was hot the other day in Melb i just offered some boiled water a couple of times from a bottle and lucas took it.

Hi All
    Mel - sorry to hear you and Charlize are having a hard time- hope she's better soon

Megan - What's your pram like? Could it be he's upset because he can't see you? About reading posts and writing reply at same time, I usually open a second window with the thread in it so I can go back and forth - I'd never remember who wrote what otherwise! Probably there is a better way, but I don't know what it is

Veronica - When I notice myself feeling hotter than usual, I take more notice of when Autumn is poking her tongue out or sucking on her hand and then I'll offer extra feeds. If Avaleigh is taking it and you're both happy then it's all good IMHO

Jan- hope you're feeling better. at Liam laughing at you. It's so gorgeous when they start that proper cracking up laugh. It actually brings soppy tears to my eyes...

Well, we are having Autumn baptised this Sunday. I'm really hoping she'll make it through without needing a feed - I'm not sure if the older generation can handle a public bf Then we have a zillion people coming over for a bbq afterwards so lots of work for me - bring on the disposable everythings!
    Oh, and only 2 wakings last night between 6.30 and 5 - yey!

I would love to give Autumn water as I know she loves it (ie. licks at the bath water all the time) but I was told their kidneys can't handle it yet - anyone know if that's actually true?

Sacha - we give Tom boiled water as it helps with his constipation on advice from our doctor, so i think its ok.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast