Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #7

Hi ladies,
    Back just quickly, I want to get to bed, don't know if we will have another night the last couple.
    We got the first of Charlees blood tests back this arvo and they are all clear. The doctor wants us to go back to get another 2 lots done at the end of the week. She seems to think that her weight loss over the last few months along with her being so sick, there might be something wrong with her thyroids. So she wants to test for that and also some other infection that is attacking alot of kids ATM. But she also said it could just be a viral infection and that is why the antibiotics didn't work, but she is still not happy about the weight loss and the ongoing high temps. Fingers crossed what ever it is she can get over it asap, I hate seeing her like this. She is just so miserable ATM, I was in tears today when she had to get a series of blood tests, xrays, urine tests. Poor little thing, I think she handled it better than I did. I was in tears, I hated seeing her being held down, jabbed with needles, and she would look at me, with a look on her face, like mum don't let them do this to me. It broke my heart. Fingers crossed when they take the next lot of blood, it is easier and they can get first go.
    Sorry for the selfish post.

Sacha, I havn't heard that before about the water. I would like it would be o.k. but I'm not sure!! Good luck the the baptism this weekend. I'm sure Autumn will be a perfect little angle for you.

Megan, sorry to hear that Lucas is still not enjoying his pram rides. Did you try the insert? I'm so for recommending it if you wasted your money on it and it didn't do the trick . I hope he makes a turn soon. I know how hard it can be on you, when you have people staring like your being neglectful, when you are definately not. I really hope things improve soon.

Jem, I was so annoyed that Daniel left on Monday night, and Marty is still in there. He must have some seriously good texter friends to be keeping him in. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'm glad to hear your having a better day today too. Your such the trooper, I don't know how you do it, your a champ!! It's no wonder why your DH is so in love with you and so thankful to have you as his kids mother.

Anyway ladies, I'll hopefully have some time over the next few days to post again, (I'm sure I'll always make time). It's just going to be very busy.

Take care.

Gosh Mel you poor thing with all that has been going on. I hope you get to the bottom of Charlize sickness asap. Sounds like you have a thorough Dr so I am sure you will get some answers soon and Charlize will start to get better. Poor little babe. Itis definitely distressing seeing them sick and getting jabbed with needles. They dont understand do they. Hugs to you.

Thanks for your kind words - hearing things like that help get me through LOL!

Thinking of you guys and hope Charlize gets better soon.
    take care
    Jem

Zyon has had a bit of boiled water, like when in Bali etc...
    It's fine as it is also suggested to aid in newborns to bring up wind!
    I demand feed so whenever Zy wants it he gets it, some days it's like every 2-3 hours & others its less!
    He fed every 3 hours during the days in Bali, he isnt thrilled in the pram, but today I discovered he is happier sitting in the pram & actually fell asleep sitting strapped into pram!

Mel,
    I hope they get on top of Charlize's sicknmess & she's right as rain ASAP...
    Last edited by Tracey; October 24th, 2007 at 09:41 PM.

Hello!

My gosh, I can hardly keep up with you girls!

Jem - my DH is a pilot so is away at least two nights each week. The last couple of trips he has come home to both Ben and I in tears! I think I just get worn out with having no one to take Ben off my hands for even a little while. I don't know how you do it with more than one! There is never any chocolate left in the house by the time DH is back from a trip.

Sacha - Ben is a very quick feeder so maybe about 10 mins max to drain a side. Good luck on Sunday with the baptism. I hope the day runs smoothly for you!

Mel - I hope you find out what is happening with Charlize soon. It must be heartbreaking for you to watch her go through this. Little babies really do tolerate so much don't they!

Megan - Ben has just started this crying in the pram business. I am perservering at the moment, but usually end up carrying him and pushing the pram. Am now taking the baby bjorn with me for back up! I hope it is just a phase - he used to be fine!It is awful here when your baby cries in public too, everyone just stares at you like you shouldn't have brought him out of the house!

Veronica - it is summer here and has been very hot. Finally it is starting to cool down, but I find Ben feeds alot! I demand feed and probably feed him every 1.5 - 2 hours.

I am so envious of all you girls who's bubba's sleep all night! Every night I think tonight is the night and then when he wakes up I get so disappointed! Thankfully he is a quick eater and always straight back to sleep.

We spent today at immigration getting our visa's renewed and getting one for Ben. These things always take hours and hours and hours. Ben was a very patient boy though, thank goodness!

Taking him to the baby clinic tomorrow for his monthly weigh in. I love finding out how much he has grown!

Mel

megan - i too use a sling - very handy - there are days where michael just likes to be cuddled - a pain in the you know but i just tell myself that soon enough it'll be too embarassing to hug and kiss your mum so the more cuddles i get now the better

jem - my df works in the mines of west qld and is away anywhere from 1-2 wks so i know the feelin - and to make matters worse i have no one else where i live to help me out - my poor df gets phone calls at 4 in the morning on those bad nights just so he doesn't feel left out he he he

Mel - hope charlize alright - what am i saying of course she will be she sounds like a real trooper

Sacha - both my midwife and child health nurse outlined that breast milk, formula and water are perfectly fine for all bub from day dot. On the really hot days michael has a bottle of water whens he's more thirsty then hungry and he loves it - i just boil it first,bottle it and cap then let it cool to room temp (i usually prep at least one bottle in the morning just in case - if it's not used it goes straight back in the kettle re boiled and then used in his formula)

and i'd just like to say one thing - i love this whole forum format adn how we're all talkin - i really don't know what i'd do or where i'd be without these little chats - it really helps this first time mum put her mind at ease and i don't feel as isolated anymore

Thanx

Hi Ladies,

Is anyone else feeling totally exhausted?! Today i feel like my eyes are wrapped in sand paper and my left arm feels like its dragging on the ground (thanks to my little darling not letting me put him down all day). Ethan is asleep now and i really should be in bed but have had no "me" time for the last 2 days so here i am with a hot chocolate and strawberry Tim Tams and omg its so quiet!! Lol

Gee things around here have been moving pretty quickly, lots to read

Mel- Sorry to hear that little charlize has been so unwell, poor darling and you sound as though you could do with a great big hug, its terrible when they get sick, hopefully its all sorted very soon and charlize will be on the road to recovery. Take care.

Dee- Welcome back, its wonderful to hear that things are going well with Jordan still. Hows the rest of the family going?

Megan-
    I am so over this pram thing...just went for a walk on a lovely Melbourne day and Lucas screamed, i feel like such a bad mum walking the footpath with a screaming baby! I wish i knew what the problem was cos as soon as i pick him up he's fine...aaarrrhhhhh!
    I Know what you mean, unless ethan is in a good mood an settled he will just cry until i take him out again (he loved the pram until he was about 6wks) I get stressed a bit when i need to go somewhere if ethan is unsettled b/c then i need to wait to go out, i had planned to head to the shops this morning but ethan was very clingy so i never got there until 4.30pm at least it had cooled down a bit though.

Veronica- Wow you have been busy lately, hope you have sorted out what your going to do re feeding avaleigh at your wedding. How are the plans coming along? oohhh not long to go now. It has been hot here today too and i just feed ethan formula when he is hungry and offer boiled water between feeds, he loves his water, i wish i did!

Sacha- firstly i love your DD's name, so pretty
    I would love to give Autumn water as I know she loves it (ie. licks at the bath water all the time) but I was told their kidneys can't handle it yet - anyone know if that's actually true?
    I haven't heard that before so i really dont know. I first gave Ethan boiled water at 4 days old as it was reccommended by my midwife as he had terrible wind and wouldnt part with it, it helped and he loves it ever since, I now give it to him between feeds as its got warmer and he seems to get quite thirsty, he will usually drink anything from 60 - 120mls. Hope your baptism is smooth sailing, im sure Autumn will be an angel.

Bensmum-
    It is awful here when your baby cries in public too, everyone just stares at you like you shouldn't have brought him out of the house!
    YEP! here to, it really doesn't help your confidence does it Rude! Hmm i too wish ethan would sleep through! He is a slow eater though and will sometimes take 1hr and 1/2 to go back to sleep.
    Every night I think tonight is the night and then when he wakes up I get so disappointed!
    This is what i do...I tell myself that ethan will wake up in a few hours so when he does im expecting it but if he happens to sleep longer then its unexpected and i get excited. I have promised myself not to get to excited though as i did that before after he started sleeping 6-10hrs then out of the blue he has changed to waking every 2-3hrs, it was like the first few weeks all over again

Michaelsmum- My Dh works on the mines too, he is away for 2 weeks home for one, occasionally its three but hasn't happened since ethan was born yet. I cant ring him when its a hard night though as he turns his phone off It gets pretty tough hey. There are a few of us in here now with partners working away.

Oops!! I can hear a little boy telling me he is hungry lol Hmm he has only been asleep for 1.5hrs, grr! Back in 10 to finish this....

Okay im back this time with ethan drinking his bottle but he is smiling at the same time and has milk all around his mouth and chin!! We had ethan's 12wk MCHN appt last wednesday and he is growing nicely he is now 5.7kg. On monday we went on a 2.5hr drive to have some professional photo's taken, i cant wait to see them but gee what a crazy photographer lol jumping all around the place like a kangaroo on caffeine!! Lovely guy though. We can go and have a look at them in 2weeks and then can go and pick them up a week to 2 after that, im impatient, i wanted them straight away! I also went to my first mothers group, i was so scared (very shy) but it was only me and my mum and 2 other ladies that came and they were both lovely,(aparrently more people next week) one of the ladies has a little 7wk old boy and she is not really shy but just doesnt get out much and has only lived here for 6mths and she asked if i would like to attend the 3 week mobile baby massage course with her and i was like hmm i would like to but im not sure (to scared!!) and she said well im ringing to book you in we can go together lol we swapped numbers and she rang me today to see if i would like to meet her at her house tomorrow and we will walk there together, she only lives 3 streets away from me and the place where its held is just around the corner from her, so thats my morning planned out. Its a great opportunity though as its very rare that we have things like this available.

Any way ladies its time for me to try get ethan back to bed and get some zzz's myself.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.

Hi girls! Well we had a pretty good night last night. I put Tom to bed after his 7pm feed and then at 11pm, i went in and 'dreamfed' him. I wasnt sure if it would work but it was the funniest thing. He just drank with his eyes closed, then i burped him, re-wrapped him and put him back in bed and that was that! He didnt wake up at all. It was kind of freaky actually - i would keel over if i was asleep and someone stuck a bottle in my mouth! DH decided last night would be the night we would stop wrapping Tom (i swear sometimes he thinks he is Supernanny!). I mentioned that we hadnt brought Tom a sleeping bag yet or anything, but apparently 'we wouldnt need one'. After i made him go in Toms room to put the blankets back on him after he had kicked them off 8 times, all of a sudden DH decided prehaps tonight wasnt the night to stop wrapping.. Bit too cold apparently. Funny that!

The pram walk went well at mums group. I never thought i would join a mums group as i am pretty shy, but i have a good group of girls and its funny how you can talk for ages about your baby and not get nervous! Tears of Joy - we did a baby massage class and it was really good. When we got home, Tom passed out and slept for 5 hours. I try to give him a bit of a massage most nights although sometimes he just cracks it.

Jo - you are so right about this being a great place to chat about things we are going thru. I can see there is a few other girls have problems with the heat - we had our first proper hot day on Sunday and Tom just lost it. He didnt know what was going on. We have never bothered to get an airconditioner, but will definately be purchasing one now, especially for the days that its just too hot to go outside and we will be stuck at home all day. It was ok when it was just me and DH. We were never really home much - always at work or out doing stuff. On really hot nights, we would sometimes put a matress out in the garden, take out a bottle of wine and and lay out there until the house cooled down. Ahh, those were the days!

Mummy Mel - sending you big hugs for Charlize (that is such a beautiful name). You are so brave - i know the feeling that you get when they look at you like 'help mum' and it is heartbreaking.

Well better be off to do some house work. Tom has a chiropractors app this afternoon but i will pop back later maybe to see how everyone is xx

Megan76 Guest

Oh my god, i was going to catch up but someone is squealing after 20 minutes sleep....could be one of those days!!

Hi all,

Oh my I don't come on for one day and 3 pages spring up.

Tracey, the kids would have a super advantage talking 2 languages. Good thought on the needing to dump if V is drinking. It didn't even cross my mind 'cause I hardly ever drink and felt so sick on my wedding day from nerves.

Megan I'm BF but Xavier tells me when he's hungry. If he hasn't had enough by about 3pm, he cluster feeds like crazy, I think if Lucas wasn't getting enough he would probably be telling you all about it.

Veronica, I use the avent isis and love the disposable/reusable cups, and it's all interchangeable so you can continue to use them for vegies etc when the bubs are older. They take about 180 ml, and that's usually the max I can express. That amount also seems to be more than enough to satisfy xavier for all his feeds except his last one for the day. The best art is there is an attachment so you can put the nipples right on the cup and not have to transfer it to another bottle. My milk takes 36hours to defrost in the fridge. HTH

On hot days Xavier demands more and more and more, and is not happy with ebm at all!! Probably mums temp is perfect on those yucky days.

Any way have to go, don't have time to read the rest of the posts, as I have been rudely interrupted mid post

Megan76 Guest

Now tell me, why do babies wake up and scream when they are obviously still tired? Wouldn't it be a lot simpler for everyone if they just went back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca- i agree, i think i will just run with the 4 feeds while we are all happy and he is sleeping through the night! As for sleeping during the day......

Em - sounds like Tom is sleeping like a little champion at the moment! Even 5 hours during the day, that is amazing, much better than the 20 min power nap Lucas just had! You DH sounds funny! They do get out of thier blankets easier when they are not wrapped, but the sleeping bag seems to be working a dream (well its only been 2 nights!)

Tears of Joy - isn't the pram thing a pain in the but! Everyone can tell the bubs has won when you are carrying them and pushing the pram. I thought all babies were supposed to love prams. NOt fair. By the way, i think you need to SLEEP instead of posting in the middle of the night!!! I hope Ethan improves for you tonight!

Mel - your time will come with the night sleeps! Lucas changes all the time so i never get too excited when he starts sleeping through. I hope the pram stuff improves for both of us soon!

Jo - i agree on the forum thing, i cant believe how addicted i have become in the past few days!

Mummy Mel - i hope Charlize is better soon. A friend of mines bub was diagnosed with Coeliac disease when she was oneish. She lost a lot of weight etc, i assume it would come up in blood tests though??????? Haven't got the pram liner yet, too scared to take him shopping in the pram to get the pram liner - how ridiculous!

Well i have been interrupted again, hopefully with a happier less tired boy this time!

Have a great day all!

Megan76 Guest

Have anyone elses babies taken to squealing lately?

Hi all,

Just a quick drop in from me! Hi to the new ladies that I haven't met yet- good to see that this forum's still ticking over at a rapid rate!

Amelie is doing well- we are going to mothers group once a week, and boy was I hanging out for it! Lovely to meet people in the same area with kids the same age- I hope we continue it on once the CYH sessions stop, there are some great people in our group. I reckon they should start those things earlier - I have learnt so much from the sessions that I could have utilised much earlier than this.

As of the past day, I am now getting Amelie to settle in her cot, instead of me rocking her to sleep, as I think this will suit us both much better in the hotter weather. She has done really well so far - I am using a CD of lullabies, putting her dummy in, rocking her as usual for a few minutes, but not all the way to sleep. She seems to be taking to it quite well. If I can get that to happen quite well over a week, I'll say it's been a success.

Just going back to catch up on some more and will try some personals shortly!

Thanks everyone for your answers about the water thing and feeding times.

I think it's not ok to post links here, but if you're ever feeling down about sleep issues, do a google for moxie blogs and look at the section on sleep called 'down and dirty' I think. My SIL and I both found it refreshing when you're feeling bombarded with info and anxieties.

Tears of Joy - thanks for the compliment. Hope you've had a chance to recharge.

Megan - Autumn has been very vocal for the past month or so. Not so much squealing, but sometimes I'm sure she's telling me off when I'm not quick enough to respond - suspiciously like a swearing tone actually....

Star - Good for you on trying to get Amelie to settle on her own - I think it's a great idea to maybe save your sanity as they get older. Some days I'm lucky with Autumn and others she just won't have a bar of it. Don't give up!

How nice it is to have DH home at the moment and give me a break now and then from the 24/7 thing, even when they're only a room away.

I have a niece and nephew both born close to last christmas and was getting in early to buy christmas and birthday presents for them but when I get stuff home, I want to keep it for Autumn - I'm addicted to getting new things for her! (Surely while she doesn't know she's being spoiled it's ok? )

For everyone who is formula feeding - Autumn is BF but I have no luck expressing - I would like your opinions on which formula you think is best, and why, so that I can try the occasional bottle feed if I want a night out etc. Ta heaps.

Megan76 Guest

Sacha - I use Nestle Nan - not for any particular reason but just cos my SIL did. I do have a friend who is a dietician who said she had heard it was one of the good ones though

hey everyone!!

We just got back from Avaleigh's 12 week check up and she is perfect like usual! LOL She now weighs 5.9kg and is 64cm long. The child nurse said that she is going to have blue eyes and is teething right now!! AHHH!! I thought she was teething tho cause she has been drooling heaps, biting on everything and her gum has gotten hard and looks like she has little bumps coming up. Better go out and get some stuff for teething!!

Enchanted Guest

Oh no V! Oscar has been dribbling heaps too! Aarrghhh! Glad to hear she is still a perfect little princess!

Well, I am trying to build my milk back up after a few very confusing days over the weekend. It is not seeming to be working though, so back to the Dr tomorrow i think! Ugh!

Sacha - I use NAN for Tom. (He is both BF and FF). It is meant to be the closest to breast milk as possible

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast