Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #7

Janno Hungry, I feel starving constantly!!!! Good luck building your supply!
    As for the dribbling & the rash it can cause, wipe the area dry as often as you remember & smear Bepanthen or similar on it to prevent it from getting gooey!

I hope you coped at MG Megan, if you did end up going...

Hee hee @ eaves dropping on builders!

Floss, nice to see you pet, I use a HAB almost daily with Zy & he loves it...
    He does every 3rd day or so a super poo which leaks out all over the place, luckily with the Cloth nappies & a cover it isnt too much mess, not like when in bali using disposables!
    We have strange blinds on our bedroom windows that dont close & so it's always light in the room when Zy goes to sleep during the day...

V, from experience I'd say "Lend baby clothes, items, things ONLY if you dont wnat them back"
    Guaranteed, that even if I have pointed out out to the various persons I have leabt stuff to, that I WANT it back, I have either not received it back & had to buy again, or it was not looked after & therefore useless!

So if you want to use it again DONT lend it!!! A huge mistake I have learnt!!! So many things that ended up ruined or by lending it out, you then feel guilty by having to ask for your own item back! Which sucks!!!

Just quickly - Tracey or Bec (as I know you both have HABS) have you put Zy or Xavier in the HAB facing out yet? I wondered if I might try Charlotte??

Hi all,

Jemima, yep he likes facing out, he can see the world, because he's a big sticky beak. but it is awkward when he falls asleep, and it works better when nathan wears him as my boobs pushing him to far forward. But I found it a really good way to eat when I go out with friends.

Mr's Daisy, I believe you. Our child birth educator said something similar happened to her daughter. She had a bath with her baby and had really long hair. Some of her hair got around the little one's big toe and they didn't notice. That babies toe got blue before they realised. So good job to you for finding it so quick.
    on the builders. They might be pretty nasty looking themselves. I know what you mean about toys, argh noisy ones. see if you can get them to buy those wooden ones. very trendy atm. and no batteries. i like your sports girl idea after all he doesn't want mum embarrassing him in old clothes

jan if your craving maybe count your calories for a day or 2 just to check that your getting enough, esp if your bf. your body might just be trying to tell you something??

Tracey, re lending, that is the exact reason I didn't borrow things when they were offered to me. I didn't want to be the wrecker.
    Question. what exactly does activite have that increases supply, and would milo do it too??

Megan i hope you got out of the house. do you take a blanket and toys with you. I've found the distraction sometimes helps if Xavier can lay on the floor. do you live far from where you meet. I walk and it takes 30+ mins. so xavier has a nap on the way.

Megan76 Guest

Well we survived mothers group! He spat it when we first walked in due the shock of it all but was fine after that. Spent most of the time after his bottle asleep on me! Sorry for the lack of personals today, have had a cracking headache and a baby who has had very little sleep and is pushing his luck with his mother! DH has just taken him for a walk in the baby bjorn! I hope everyone has a good night sleep!

Hi again- ooh look at me - two days in a row now!! I'm so bad at keeping up with all this, but I do love it when I come here.

Flossie - we were talking about sleeping in dark or light during the day at our mothers group and the nurse said that darkness is best, as then they know it's time to sleep. The way they can tell day from night is your routines and how you behave - during the day time they get lots of play and excitement, whereas at night it's just a boring feed and back to bed.

Also - wrapping- don't worry about cold hands - babies don't have great circulation anyway, so it doesn't matter if her hands or feet get cold- as long as the back of her neck is warm it means she is warm enough. Funnily enough, we stopped wrapping Amelie several weeks ago, but I am finding myself wanting to wrap again to help her settle better- less flinging the arms around to keep her awake. Not sure about wrapping in hot weather though- I would imagine it would be uncomfortable.

Janno - I am finding that I am starving all the time now as well - I have actually managed to lose quite a lot of weight, never mind the fact that I am eating way more than usual - this breastfeeding thing has done wonders- I actually weigh less than I did before I was preggers!!

Megan- I wouldn't worry about having a cranky baby at mothers group - nearly all of us in our group have had an upset baby at some time or another- it is better that we can share these things, rather than gloss over pretending that everything is ok- believe me, all the other mums will know where you're coming from, when your baby is making life hard for you.

I haven't tried Amelie face out in the HAB yet- maybe something I'll give a go. Yesterday we went in the pram for our walk, instead of the basinette and all went great. Feels like my bubba's growing up. Just looked through all her photos and got a bit emotional about how much she's changed already!!

Rebecca, No Milo isnt the same as Aktavite (Sorry)..
    The actual can of Aktavite says for feeding Mothers or some such thing!???

I havent worn Zy facing out yet as he loves to have his face all buried, like DH panics when Zy sleeps with his blankets up over his nose!! He just loves being all warm & snuggled...

I have heard of babies having hair, cotton threads etc tightly knotted around fingers, toes, penises (for boys!) Indah can only sleep whilst twisting her hair in her fingers & on a few occasions has actually knotted her fingers to her head & I have had to cut her free, has she learnt.... NO!

Megan76 Guest

Morning all!

I have a girls night out tonight...very excited, except i have nothing to wear and i feel like i have absolutely no idea what is "trendy" at the moment! I am sure i will look like a very uncool mummy but bring on the champagne! Dh is babysitting i will laugh if Lucas wakes up during the night for the first time in a week!! My MIL wants to have him tomorrow for a few hours so she can take him to show her friends like a little toy! He doesn't like anyone else at the moment so i am a bit scared she will scar him for life!

Thanks for making me feel better about mothers group everyone!

Have a good weekend!

Have fun tonight Megan! I am sure you will look gorgeous whatever you wear. My fashion sense at the moment consists of whatever doesnt have spew on it.. My DH is looking after Tom tomorrow because i am going to work for a day at my old job (well on maternity leave but not sure if i want to go back). I think he is a little bit nervous but i am sure they will cope! I am really excited about getting out of the house to be a real person for a while!
    Hope everyone is well!

Jemima - i just noticed its your birthday today - hope you are having a wonderful day!

Hi there, It's been a long time since i've been in but been mega busy with the moving, trouble with telstra, (surprise surprise) and MAJOR feeding dramas with Lach to the point where I was ready to throw the towel in.
    So, here we are at our new place, Lach has fed a little better the last 24 hours, and is sleeping at least 9 hours straight a night.
    Hes a very happy bubbba, eating those fists of his, trying to fit both in at once. He's mega dribbly... teh amount of saliva he produces is amazing!
    He has alos started sitting on his own now, and nearly completely rolling from front to back.
    He is so amazingly alert all the time. He doesnt sleep great during the day, but now that we are starting to get settled at the new house, we can begin our routine again.
    biggest peice of advice.... DONT EVER MOVE 80KMS AWAY WHEN U HAVE A 3 MONTH OLD BUBBA!!!!

It's been MEGA stressful! I have been in tears for days now.... It's mainly cos of lachs lack of feeding and me REALLY wanting to breastfeed. I felt a bit of a failure.
    Anyway, I am going out on the town with the girls tonight, and drinking, and I am REALLY looking forward to it. I cannot wait! Lach will be on expressed BM and formula if he runs out.
    We tried him on formula to make sure he was ok, and he loves it. So if the BFing doesnt work out, I know that we will have no probs with switching to formula.

ANyway, I've got loads more unpakcing and sorting to do.
    Hi the everyone and Welcome to the newies.

Hoping to be able to get back on tomorrow. Try and keep up with everything.

xxoo Nicky
    P.s sorry if you have forgotten who I am! lol
    I'll try and make an appearance more, depending on how Lach and go over the next few days

Hey everyone!!

G'day Nicky - I hope that things get better with Lachlan and have fun out with the girls tonight!! I would like to go out as well but dont want to deal with the hang over LOL!!

Megan - I hope you have a good night tonight as well.

We went out and bought Avaleigh a walker today!!! We got one for mum's house as well cause mum was saying she would like the get a 2nd hand one but Jason didnt like that idea so we bought her the same as we got for home so Avaleigh knows what to do when she gets in it at mums house. We have already put her in it and she had a little play lol didnt quite know what to do yet but she'll get there!!

I also went out and got some 180ml storage containers for milk. I tried looking for bags but couldnt find any???? And I think I have a huge task ahead of myself!! SOOOO much milk to pump out. I am going to start tomorrow. I guess this is a good way of building my supply up too as I am afraid all my exercise and weight loss will effect my milk but Barb says that it wont.

Oh and Avaleigh has picked up a cold from somewhere. She has gotten really snotty again like she was when we were sick a month back. I dont know where she got it from as Jason or myself arent sick, I hope she didnt pick it up from creche!!! Or I thought that maybe it could be from teething but I've just read that teething doesnt cause illness.....

Im hungry!! I hope Jason comes home with lunch soon.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather is pretty foul over here!!

Hi girls,

Nice to hear from you Nicky - sorry to hear about all the stress of moving and feeding- hope you manage to continue on a good roll with the breastfeeding and enjoy your time out.

Hey V- the weather here has just turned atrocious, too! Was out watching DH play cricket and it just turned really nasty- am debating whether to go to a BBQ with an interstate friend, because it's just so windy and yuck outside. I have seen the EBM bags only at chemists (and some don't have them) - I use the Avent reusable / disposable cups- they're great 'cause you can pump into them, store them and freeze them and attach the bottle fitting for feeding. From memory you have the Tommy Tippee breast pump (same as me) and there is an attachment with that that fits the Avent cups.

Well someone is yelling the house down, so I think it's time for bed!

Hi all

Em - Thanks for the birthday wishes. Gee I am getting old. Had a nice day although DH is still away but you get that - although he did send me flowers which was very nice! My mum took me out to a really nice tearoom that had the most stunning looking and tasting cupcakes and then we did a bit of shopping. Oliver and Jesse helped mum bake a birthday cake so it was made with lots of love!

Star - I have to agree with you that the weather in Adelaide is pretty woeful. It is still quite hot though - not sure what to dress everyone in for bed!

Nicky - enjoy your girls night out - I am envious (in a good way)!

Megan - enjoy your night out as well. Lucky you - I hope you found something to wear!!

Oohhhh I have to run but I will BBL to say hi to everyne else - tea has arrived. Ahhh you have to love it when mum and dad stay over!!!

Take care
    Jem
    Last edited by jemima; October 27th, 2007 at 08:14 PM.

Star - there is an attachment hey??!! Awesome! I havent checked it yet but I will now. I was a bit worried that I would need to express in to the tommee tippee cup, transfer to avent and then defrost and put in to the tommee tippee one for feeding or buy teats for the avent cup. hmmm I just tried the teats I have and they dont fit..

Jem - happy birthday to you!! Hope you had a good day and you enjoy your night.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEM
    I hope you had a wonderful day.

Just quickly popping in ladies to say hi. We started moving into the new house today. It is lovely. Unfortunately it looks like I have picked up a bug from the hospital, as I have been vomiting all day along with really sore bones. I just can't win ATM. But on a brighter note, Charlize is getting better. The paed, said it is more than likely just a virus she has. She is still concerned though, about her weight loss. So we have to keep and eye on that. But she is starting to feel better and that's the main thing.

Will be back probaby quickly again tomorrow night, but won't be able to read back until we have settled in. Hope your all well
    Take care
    Mel.

*hugs* Mel. You have had a rough trot lately!! I hope that you get better soon and that Charlize keeps on getting better. Have fun with your move!! It was tiring when we did it and I didnt have any help from Jason, well he lifted all the boxes I had to put everything away!! I couldnt even imagine how tiring it would be with two bubs too!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Mel - you poor thing. I hope you get over this bug really quickly and can start enjoying your new house - how exciting. Great news that Charlize is starting to feel better.

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEM!

Well I'm not normally around at this time of night! 4am is usually the only time of day I get to catch up with all you lovely people here on BB...Have been keeping up (I hope) with everyone though, so lots of love to all the beautiful mums and bubs.

Will be back soon with some personals...

Lots of love to everyone,

Augustx

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast