Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #3

Hi girls, glad to hear most of us had a good Mother's Day. Aidan follows instructions really well and held my present in his arms and gave it to me in bed. A pair of pink slippers with lollies inside!

Lack of sleep at the moment as Aidan's nasty cough is back. My instinct tells me it has something to do with teething. I have posted something in the Colic, Reflux and Teething forum if anyone can help. I am desperate for Aidan to get some relief from this cough.

Hello girls!

Jo, lol on the petrol station flowers and the "thoughtful" son... men...

Michelle, oh no on Jess throwing up. Hope she is better!

Kellee - ooooooooh not long now!! Fingers crossed bubs will make an early appearance.

Well, what's to report from this end? Not much. It was raining all day today which I hate - it sucks being stuck indoors with the kids. I have a business meeting on Monday, so have to go to the hairdresser before to do something about those roots... Plus I don't know what business clothes I fit in with my huge knockers... arrrrrrrg...

Snowy

OOOH Snowy a business meeting sounds exciting! WHat line of business is that in? It is tough being stuck inside, hope it doesn't rain too much. You are in the UK now aren't you?

Jess- hope the cough improves, Jess has an awful cough too at the moment, she picked up the flu I had after Jemma had it. Nothing like sharing it around

Well I had a shopping day buying material to make blankets, so was good, got enough to make about 3 cot size, 3 bassinette and maybe 9 cuddle blankets so I am pleased with my efforts. Jess climbed out of the pram when we were at the shops, and she walked around pretty good, but started getting tired. The this lady let her child grab Jess' sandwich off the pram, the lady gave it back, but I wasn't going to let Jess eat it after the kid had touched it, then much to my annoyance the kid came up again, grabbed it and when the mum troied to get it off ehr threw it on the floor, where her mum then stood on it lol so the sandwich was given to the birds in the carpark.
    Have a single mum night with Arron at school, the 3rd in a row cos Arron went to the pub last night towatch the Mundine fight and got home at 12.30am and the night bf he was fishing. On the 3rd of June he is going to QLD till tht 7th to see his brother for his bday so I am really getting the raw end of the deal here. I went out with my gf last fri night for tea cos figured I best get some time away with all the time I am going to have in.
    The kids are soooooo sookyand tired atm, Josh and Jordan are banned from EVERYTHING till their rooms are cleaned, I wish it was 8.30pm cos they could all go to bed. I think bed will be 8pm tonight. jemma is a t this moment screaming at Josh cos h took her colouring book and he is sposed to be in his room AAARGH!!!!! I need a shopping spree lol
    hope everyone is well
    michelle

Turns out Aidan had a cold but he is over it now. Lucky for me his worst day was spent with Nana and Grandad and I was working, but I felt pretty bad because I know how hard it can be looking after him when he is sick.

I missed out on catching up with some of the girls on here that live in my area today, as Aidan was too tired. I was looking forward to it and hopefully we can go next week.

Getting ready to TTC this cycle, bit exciting but not looking forward to the many waiting games, I am such an impatient person!

Michelle, when you go on that shopping spree can I come?! Haha. I have realised I have no winter clothes and I feel like I look the same every day. Only problem is I will have to spend your money too, as we have none! Sure you wont mind!

Hope everyone is well.

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies,

Glad Motherís Day went well for everyone (yes, I know it was last week but I havenít posted much since then!). I love that Aidan brought in some slippers for you, Jess Ė that is so cute!

Jess Ė sorry to hear that Aidan wasnít well. Good luck with ttc Ė thatís exciting! If it doesnít work out this month, at least you can have some fun practicing. LOL Iím up for a shopping spree too, but I think it would be a waste of time because I am about the size of an elephant atm and they donít make clothes for elephants, do they? Hope youíre well.

Mitch Ė bloody hell, DH owes you, doesnít he? I reckon another trip up this way is in order! Hope that Jemma and Josh calmed down a bit and you got some peace! How rude of that lady to let her child grab Jessí sandwich. I hate it when people donít control their kids when theyíre out. We went to a bookshop on Saturday and DH was confused as to why I was so paranoid about Charlie running around in the bookshop. If youíre going to be out somewhere with the kids I reckon youíve got to keep even more of an eye on them than usual. Silly lady. You should have slapped her to teach her a lesson.

Snowgirl Ė hope your business meeting goes well! And I hope you enjoyed yourself at the hairdressers. They can make you feel so much better!

Still waiting. A week today until Iím due. Iíve been getting niggling pains since Friday but nothing regular, unfortunately. I hope bubs comes early because Iím over it! My sciatica, which I thought had all but disappeared, has come back with a vengeance and Iím lucky to get one hourís sleep in one hit all night. I would be lying down now (Charlie has just gone to bed for the afternoon) but I find I canít lie down for too long without getting sore, so whatís the point? So send me lots of LV if you can, will ya?

Going to organise Charlieís immunisations tomorrow. Theyíre not up to date - I have real issues with it, even though I know it has to be done, because we know one child who died at 10 weeks old and one who was severely brain damaged as a result of reactions to immunisations so Iím freaking out a bit. I know itís silly, but I just canít imagine what I would do if something went wrong. Will just have to be extra careful after he has them to see if he reacts badly.

Right, maybe Iíll go and do something productive, like the washing. Or maybe Iíll just curl up on the couch and enjoy the last little bit of time Iím going to have to myself for a while! Hope youíre all well.

Hi everyone

Michelle - I hope DH appreciates how good he has it! Grrr at the child taking Jess's sandwich.

The poor mother, I know what Harry can be like sometimes when we go out, it's not always easy to 'control' our kids in public places. I love it how people say to control your kid, then you get others who frown at you for disciplining your child! You can't win sometimes. I think people forget kids have minds of their own and don't always listen to their parents. Ok off my soapbox now.

Jess - Poor Aidan, glad he is better now. Good luck with TTC and all the waiting!

Kellee - Plenty of labour vibes for you

Everything is good here. My pregnancy is progressing nicely, I feel good mainly, just a bit tired sometimes and my skin looks bloody terrible atm! We have a busy weekend coming up - on Friday night DH and I have a date to go see the Da Vinci Code and have dinner, then on Saturday night we have BIL's 21st birthday party, 80s theme (DH is getting a mullet wig, he is quite excited about it), then on Sunday night my mum is getting married again and we have to go up to Maroochydore for the reception. Phew. Then on Monday it's my mum's 50th birthday and Tuesday it's my nieces 8th birthday. Jeez I feel tired just thinking about it.

Anyway the kids reckon they are hungry again and need a snack so better go.

Hi all. not much happening with me. Lily is getting to be a big girl now. Already 17.5months old! She can now give lovely kisses and big cuddles. She had her first big boo boo the other day. Split her head open on the piano leg and has now got a huge bruise and cut down her forehead, poor thing.

Also today, we found out we're expecting a baby boy!

Sorry for no personals. I will try catch up soon!

Tegan, a perfect pair for you and DP, congratulations!

Kellee, I have elephant sized clothes in my 'maternity cupboard' so you could probably find something, but you wont feel elephant like for much longer, 1 week to go!

Bon, glad to hear everything is going well. Have fun at the movies, looking forward to hearing all about it.

I was at the footbally yesterday (obsessed footy chick) so DH had Aidan. He told me how he was really difficult all day and when I got home he was throwing tantrums that I had never seen (Aidan that is!). Just wondering if anyone else notices their bubs acting up for DH/DP's? Aidan is never like that with me, and I thought it would be the other way round?

Hey girls

jess i think kids know which pople they can push and your DH copped it by the sound of it lol poor thing esp of he didn't expect it. Good luck ttc! Fingers crossed the journey is short. Glad Aidan is better too and hope you get to meet up soon

Tegan cograts on your little boy, that is wonderful news. My ex sil's siter has a little girl today, funny though first they told her boy and then changed it o girl, thankfully they got it right at the end.
    I can see myself being exploited though as my ex sil has discovered I can do embroidery and has big plans for coming and dumping ****loads of stuff here for me to embroider and is thinking (according to what my brother said) that it will cost her nothing. Well I had newsfor him, cos I am not going to spend up to an hr or more on an item for nothing. For my brother I am willingto make a trade ie he is making stickers tpo go on my car and I will do something for him, but I don't owe ex sil anything so shewill pay or I won't do anything. OOPS thatwas a grumble wasn't it lol sorry!

Bon- glad things are going along well and it doeswork both ways with the kids playing up. I know that mother didn't want her kid to do stuff wrong but it did annoy me allthe same.

Kellee the countdown has begun, I hope you go early can't wat for the announcement. I have nowhere to stay in QLD now as my is moved to Canberra, which def isn't as nice a place to visit as Brisbane. Plus we are POOR atm! Arron has hardly no work, he is blaming interest rates and fuel prices etc. and so money is low it is gymnastics day tomorrow and I don't realy have the money there is some money in the ids bankbooks and I am thinking of "borrowing it" so they can go to gym cos Jess was sick last week and they missed out. The end of the month coming means that arron's business has bills to pay and stuff so not much monwey anywhere and we need to save the money for our Qld holiday next year. That shopping spree is looking further and further away.
    *sigh*
    ANyway hello to everybody I missed I hope you are all well
    hugs Michelle

Kellee Guest

Bon - wow, sounds like you're going to be pretty busy in the enxt week! Try to take it easy where you can, will you?

Tegan - comgratulations on your little boy! They are so lovely. It will be nice for you to have one of each too. Poor Lily on the piano! I always get worried that Charlie will do that when he plays our piano, but it's too hard to stop him so I just let him do it. Hope you're feeling well.

Jess - I can't say I've got any solutions re: Aidan acting up for DH. Maybe he's going through a clingy stage? I'm not sure, but I hope that it's just a phase and he gets out of it soon for you.

Mitch - bugger that you don't have an excuse to come up here anymore. Yep, Brissy is definitely better that Canberra! But I'm a little bit biased... Can't believe that ex SIL thinks that you're going to do all that for free! No way. Hope she comes to her senses and realises that you're not a packhorse and pays you what you're worth.

Waiting, waiting... went to GP this morning and she's surprised nothing's happened yet. He's right down there ready to come out. Hopefully it happens soon because I'm going nuts! I shouldn't wish the pain to come fast though, should I? Forgot what that feels like. We have three family birthdays in the next week so he might be born on one of those.

Right, time to lie down while I have the chance! Hope you're all well.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

Kellee, sending you lots of labour vibes! Can't believe it will be any day now...hope you get to rest a bit now before it happens, and look forward to hearing about it when it does!

Michelle, I am hearing you on the money thing...had a big blowout on the weekend for DH's birthday, which means there will be no treats for us now! Can't believe the cheek of your ex SIL! Like you've got time to be doing things like that for just anyone! It's like when I got my massage qualification, and all these people and their families and friends were hitting me up for freebies!

Jess, good luck with the TTC this month, I am very excited for you! Hmmm, can't help you with the Aidan/DH situation, Kaleb tends to do the opposite, he is a real daddy's boy and finds me boring, so he usually plays up for me.

Tegan, congrats on the little boy, that is fantastic news! Can't believe how our firsties are growing up either, nearly 18 months!

Bon, hope you have a great weekend, lots of fun stuff going on! Make sure you take the opportunity to rest when you can. Glad to hear your pg is going well.

All is good here, DH still on hols so he & Kaleb have been bonding big time. He goes back to work on Saturday for 2 1/2 weeks, then has hols again for the baby's arrival...alright for some, lol. We took Kaleb to an indoor play centre this morning, we were first there so he was playing on his own and was scared to try out some of the equipment. When more, slightly older kids arrived he was thrilled...he watched them climbing things and jumping on the bouncy castle and suddenly he was in there doing it too! He had a look of pure joy on his face, and was boucing up and down singing.
    So nice to see him learning from other kids like that.

Well, have an OB appointment tomorrow morning where they will book me in for my c/s...so I'll know what day this baby is coming! It is a very strange feeling having it scheduled like that, but needs must!

Kellee Guest

Jo - sounds like Kaleb is turning into such a lovely little man. If he enjoys other kids that much he'll just love being a big brother! Hope you're enjoying DH's hols. Does he still get time off when the baby comes too? I didn't realise you were having a c/s - did you have one last time too? Not long for you now too! Less than a month! I hope it's all going well.

Charlie is driving me CRAZY at present. He's still as gorgeous as ever, but he throws these massive tantrums (bigger than ever) and has become really clingy. I reckon he knows something is about to happen to change his life and he's reacting to it. I give him as much attention as I can (when he's sad, not when he's tantruming), but I have to draw the line somewhere - after all in a few weeks (or maybe even days!) he'll have to get used to sharing attention. When he throws a tantrum I just ignore it, but occasionally they have been so bad that I've had to put him "down the hallway" (our 'naughty corner') to calm down. It usually works and then he comes back and he's ok. DH was worried about me doing that because he's afraid that Charlie will learn only to calm himself down when he's put in that spot, and worries about Charlie throwing tantrums in places where there is nowhere to put him to calm down (like the shops). What do you guys think about that? Any ideas? He's also getting very cheeky about closing his bedroom door (I have bought so many products designed to stop him from doing that and because the builders of this house were really dodgy the door is put on badly and they don't work!) - I have to put him "down the hallway" for that and he just thinks it's funny. Having said that, after he goes down there it stops him playing with the door... for a while at least! I suppose the key is to just perservere, right? *sigh* What will it be like with two?!

Anyway, going out for dinner tonight - Mum's birthday is tomorrow and almost SIL's was yesterday so we get to celebrate. Yay! And no cooking for me! Yay again! Hope you all have a lovely night.

hi everyone - sorry once again ive been slack - i have great intentions & then something happens & i run out of time to post - will definately have to manage my time better!!

kellee - wow at almost being time to be a family of four - im sure charlie will settle once the bub arrives & hopefully he wont have to spend time down the hallway - lol - eliana is getting good at tantrums too & also whinging which has driven me insane this afternoon!!

jo - i know how you feel knowing what date your bubs is coming though i was induced & ended up with an emergency c-section it was still good to have a date to know it would all be over - how cute of kaleb at the play centre - he is sounding so grown up

mitch - still dont know where you find the time to do everything but i hope things go well with your embroidery - your things are gorgeous - fingers crossed you make it to qld next year

jessica - i have the reverse with eliana - her dad is slack at discipline & when i get mad at her he takes her away or makes her laugh so it frustrates me - maybe if he had her by himself he wouldnt be so lenient - sounds like you had fun at the footy

tegan - congrats again on finding out you are having a boy

bon - good to hear your pg is going well - are you going to find out what you are having? hope your busy weekend goes well - i'll give you a wave sunday night as you drive past the ettamogah pub

snowy - how did your business meeting go - had visions of you busting out of your shirt!! is wolf enjoying being a big brother?

dach - hope things are going well with your gorgeous boys

sorry if ive missed anyone

we havent been doing alot - i met up with some local mums in a park & eliana loved running around with the kids - im also looking into going to a playgroup cause eliana wasnt at all good at sharing the other kids toys! she'd get a toy & someone would come near her so she would run to me to save her - did some rearranging of eliana's toys (she has enough things her for her own toysrus) & also sorted through winter stuff as its starting to get a bit cold here - eliana's dad will be up this weekend so im hoping to get down to mooloolaba beach when his mum is here as well on sunday

hope everyone has a great weekend

hey Girls

Kellee GOOD Luck hope it's soon! OL about having the bub on someones bday
    My cousin is in labour in Qld as I speak and if the bub comes tomorrow it will be the same day as my nieces bday LOL Last yr a cousin had a bub on Arrons bday and another had a bub on my mums bday.

Jo hope you get a soon date LOL Sounds lovely with DH home ! Arron s home atm too through lack of work and he is a bit annoying lol

Mel wondered where'd you been, where abouts are you. Maybe when we come to the GOld coast for the week we could catch up for a cuppa,it will be end of arpil 2007 lol nothing like booking in early is there lol

not much happening here, helped mum today as she is getting a websitefor her scrapping stuff and she needed help with loading the products. So we had tea at mums and got home 8.45pm so kids were late to bed and tired, luckily its friday tomorrow and they only have 1 more day of school
    will talk more soon, better get off and go to bed lol
    cheers and hugs to all
    Mcihelle

michelle - im on the sunshine coast but still not too far to visit surfers! you will have to let me know about your mum's website

quiet day so far here - eliana got up at 6am (way to early for me) so she is already back down having a nap - will probably go out & play with the little girl that lives in the main house later on & of course feed the "chitkens" - eliana has spotted the kangaroos out in the paddock beyond the pond & she jumps around when she sees them (not sure where she got the kangaroo jump from)

Hi again girls
    I have a bit more time to post now.

Mel- I will let you know when it's up and going. That is gorgeous about the chitkins and the roos. They are so special our kids aren't they, and funny how we marvel at everything they do lol. 6am is way too early. Jemma was in my room the other night at 3am saying she was cold AAARGH!!! I took her back to bed and wrapped her up in her blanket, doona over the top and she slept again. Guess its no where near as cold up there as it is here though. What does it get down to overnight? You are the opposite direction to the Gold coast arent you? Is it Bris in the middle and SUrfers an hr one way and goldcoast an hr the other way?

well I am biding my time till PITA SIL arrives to annoy the crap out of me. It is MIL's bday tomorrow so SIl is down visiting and has nothing better to do than annoy me LOL I always look forward to when she goes back home. She said 12 oclock I am hoping she sleeps till 2pm.

Jem and Jess are watching movies and eating bikkies and I am trying to dry clothes, life can be so exciting can't it LOL

Arron was sposed to have his 1st pest control exam this morning at 8am. And as the Tafe is so unorganised, him and all the others arrived at 7.30am (from all over Victoria) to be told that the teacher is on Long service leave holidaying in Egypt and didn't organise someone to take the exam and so it is postponed. He has studied all week and was feeling very confident that he knew what he needed to and now who knows when it will be, it is very unfair, whats more they have classes all day and had to wait around in the cold till 9am for their first class.

We are struggling to choose a high school for Jordan I really didn't expect it to be a hard decision but it is. We have 2 options, 1 is the school we went to nad the other is new, opened at the start of the year. Prob is I like the new school but it won't have the same educational opportunities as the other for about 3 more years. No trade style subjects or hands on stuff, just the basics and I feel that shemay miss out on some interesting opportunities as the facitlities just aren't there atm. I am thinking that we should send her to the old school and in a few years if we think the new one is beter then swap. Oh well I bet you're al glad it's me not you LOL

anyway I have bored you all enough best finish my emailling and do something constructive lol I am still waiting on the text from my aunty to say my cousin has had her bub, waters broke last night, but her dp was sent home and she was given sleeping tablets so hopefully any minute now!!!
    cheers michelle

Kellee Guest

Mel Ė donít worry about Eliana not sharing toysÖ the more she is exposed to other kids the better she will get at it. Charlie isnít too good at it either, but Iím hoping the arrival of No. 2 will improve things. I hope you find a good playgroup Ė wish you lived closer! Yep, 6 IS way too early. Iím getting tired just thinking about it! I just let Charlie play in his room until he bangs on the door for me to come and get him Ė itís fine if he wants to get up that early, but I donít! Thatís very cute about the kangaroos.

Mitch Ė Iím impressed your mum knows how to set up a website! I only just taught mine to check email, and sheís only ever done it once without me because sheís too scared! Hope you guys get to catch up on some rest over the weekend. Did you sort out the situation with ex SIL? Hope that your weekend isnít too annoying with SIL. How frustrating about Aaronís exam! How rude of them not to contact him to let him know. Wow at you having to choose a high school for Jordan! Canít imagine what that will be like. I reckon that your plan about swapping isnít such a bad idea.

Still here despite curries, long walks and lots of DTD. Ggrr. Charlie is still driving me nuts with the door. Heís already been down the hallway once, if he does it again heís not going to be allowed into his room with his toys for a little while. Although that was a while ago, so Iím hoping heís learned his lesson Ė for today at least!

Anyway, got Mum coming over to hang out here this afternoon Ė my paternal grandfather is visiting for the weekend and Dad is going away. Mum doesnít get on very well with him so sheís going to hang out here at least today and tonight because she doesnít want to be over there on her own with just him for her birthday. So Iím going to make her roast lamb and apple crumble. Any excuse for a good meal! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Just locking this girls and creating another.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678