Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 1st - 15th 2008

No probs Leesha (or should that be Leisha?!) - I've sent you both two emails, but you might want to grab a cuppa before you read them

Just your email mummypig...have taken a quick break from hanging out washing!! I will make a cuppa and sit down and read.......

Thanks heaps for emailing it..I am looking forward to having a read!!!
    I've been busy steaming food and cleaning up the kitchen most of the day! Soo much housework..so little time!!!
    uhhohhh I can hear him stirring from his nap..I might get around to the cuppa and reading a bit later!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Hey Ladies!!!
    Thanks for the email Kerry......it was great to read and explains alot of what Taj is doing!!!
    On tuesday 24th after a week of no sleep and lots of tears we got our first tooth and he is crawling (backwards not forwards) So it has been a busy fortnight for me!!!

Just wondering how everyone is going and hope you and bubs are all ok!!!

Has anyone heard if mirandabelle had Ds' surgery yet... Hope they are ok!!

Oh my goodness, I've been away for so long!

Zeke is doing great... he's now 8.14kg and 67cms tall. He can crawl (although he prefers to frog-kick his legs or crawl on his toes rather than his knees) and his latest trick is standing up holding hands and walking. He hasn't got cruising along the furniture just yet, but you can see him thinking about it!

He can also say "Mama" and "Dada" but not to the right person... he calls me Dada a lot! He also makes "Buh" sounds, and he's said "blah, blah, blah!" to me once when I was talking!

He got his two bottom teeth just at the beginning of January, but seems to have stopped there. I don't mind that at all... two at a time is tolerable!

His operation is scheduled for the 14th of April, so we're just waiting on that now... no more appointments for a few weeks - yay!

So how is everyone else doing? What have I missed?

I think we're all getting a bit slack Miranda. I guess it's a sign of how mobile our babies are all getting!!

Glad you're doing okay and it sounds like Zeke is growing fast. Absolutely bizarre, but Freya seems to be developing at the same pace. She has the same two teeth, which I think started to come through in Jan. Last Sunday morning she decided that she now knew how to commando crawl (frogs-legs!) and get into a sitting position on her own, which means that this past week we've had the aaargggghhh mummmmeeeeeeeee! I was alsleep but somehow I'm now sitting up, heeeeeeeelppppp! screams at odd times of the night. Thankfully she's starting to work that one out fairly quickly, because the rolling over problem took weeks!

Also, a couple of days after the commando crawling started, Freyja suddenly realised she would get around even faster if she instead crawled on one knee and used her other foot to push herself along. We can't get her to put that other knee down.

Freyja also started to pull herself right up onto furniture, whereas before when she tried she never quite got it. It means we've had quite a lot of head bumps with her trying it in unsuitable places or falling over and hitting her head on the floor, but it doesn't seem to put her off any. She's also started to stand in her cot and of course gets stuck and needs rescuing, so we're trying to teach her to sit down again, but will she bend those knees? She has also started to try and get into a standing position herself, but generally falls over. It's quite cool though!

Like Zeke, she has also started to walk of her own accord when holding your hand, which means lots of excitement as she walks between mummy and daddy. She has once tried cruising along a sofa, but only got a couple of steps in before the inevitable fall.

Still no proper words, other than knowing to say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii when she first sees one of us after a sleep or whatever. She does go mum mum mum mummmeeeeeee, but it's just part of her everyday babbling. Very resistant to the whole dadadadada thing though unfortunately.

Leesha - the crawling backwards thing is pretty funny huh? Freyja commando crawled backwards for weeks before she worked it out. She would roll around the floor, pivot herself to the direction she wanted to go in and then try to commando crawl towards an object, only to find herself further away and then she'd get frustrated and started yelling. OKay, so perhaps not so funny for her!

Anyway, gotta go and make up her day's bottles before she wakes from her nap and demands lunch

Take care all!
    Last edited by MummyPig; March 2nd, 2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: because I forgot something!

Zeke does the knee-locking thing too... tickling their ribs sometimes works... but they tend to all out collapse rather than do a controlled sit.

Some babies never crawl properly at all. Out of my 2 brothers and I, only one of us crawled properly, and even he preferred the commando crawl most of the time.

Oh, and backwards crawling is only amusing when you're watching them. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the babies.

Zeke is currently destroying an empty wipes packet, he loves the crinkly noise. He has all these wonderful toys, and yet his favourite things to play with are newspapers, plastic bowls, an empty formula tin and my keys... save your money give them a newspaper!

Good to hear Frejya is doing so well... this mobility thing is both a blessing and a curse!

Hi everyone,

Wow - it's really interesting hearing what everyone's up to! Gracie seems to be about the same. She's been commando crawling since early Jan and is only just now using her knees. But it never lasts long and she's back to the commando thing. She's pretty quick though! The things I've caught her doing :-) Yesterday it was concrete pebbles in the mouth (whoops...mum wasn't watching too hard). Anyway, now she's babbling quite a lot. 'Mumma' 'Dadda' 'Nannan' and more recently 'Dakar' - whatever that means!

Feeding has been interesting lately. I've been expressing 3 out of 4 feeds because my let-down is slow and she's refusing to go on. I'm still sneaking in the 7am(ish) feed though. Annoying but I'm persisting because I know its good stuff for her. Since giving her the bottle, I've been able to track her intake. I reckon she'd only be taking 500mls in 24hrs, sometimes less. This doesn't seem like much to me. What are your LOs taking?

Solids have been interesting too. She's almost flat-out refusing vegies/protein. She has a definite sweet tooth! I always offer vegies first but no luck! Anyway, persisting with this.

How is everyone's sleeping going? Gracie's had a cold and her sleeps have been really hit and miss. Days are worse funnily enough. Nights have been sometimes bad but at the moment, her days seem to be more short sleeps which means one grumpy little sick girl :-( I've tried a humidifier, Tixylix and Panadol but there's really no cure for the common cold is there!?

Great to hear from everyone! Happy sleeping…

Helllloooo

Freyja has now cracked the sitting down thing Miranda. She has spent a lot of time practising in her cot, where she likes to bounce up and down on the mattress, and the past couple of days she was managing to get up and down on the sofa etc. Still no repeat of the first cruising incident though and also still doing the combination of a very fast, frog-leap like commando crawl and the weird one knee and a foot version. The cats are getting chased everywhere!

I know what you both mean about the preference for non-toy playthings and for getting into stuff you don't want her too. Freyja is still addicted to anything dangly, so electric cables attract her back over and over again. She also likes to open drawers (only 2 incidents of pulling them all the way out onto herself so far), doors (several running over of her own toes and shut her entire body in the door today.. :S ) and remove every book and magazine from the shelves and leave them scattered everywhere. Must take after her dad!

Still saying mum, mummy, da, dad, daddy, hi, bye and now Ton (as in Tonka our male cat). So far Tonka and Hi are the only ones we can be sure she actually means as mum and dad are interchangeable.

Amy - 500mls is on the lowside, but some babies only take around 100mls four times a day at this stage. I only recently found out that the milk intake reduces as the food intake increases, because I was convinced Freyja wasn't getting enough. She's now on only 3 bottles a day and will take anywhere between 100-250mls depending on how hungry she feels.

Don't worry too much as Grace would soon let you know if she was hungry.

Oh, and our sleep is pretty shot again. Seems to have been a bit hit n miss for a while, but I know it's because she at the point where there's two development points close together, so I think the grumpy periods have merged!!

Hi all,

Can I but in and join??

My name is Mich, and it took me forever to find this thread!!

I'm married from vic with 2 kids, DS born 4th September 06 and DD born 11 June 08.

I don't get on much, but thought it'd be nice to chat to other mums with bubs similar ages.

Welcome Mich! The more the merrier. Looking forward to sharing with you :-)

Welcome Mich!!!!

Our bubba's share the same birthday!!!!

Join in...the more the merrier!!!!

We now have 2 teeth and is crawling forwards...yay!! Is anyone else in here using cloth nappies atm?
    I need someone to give me an idea on which night nappy to buy!! Too many out there!!
    Got a good supply of different brand day nappies but need a good night one as Taj is sleeping through the night (12 hours) without being changed and is a heavy wetter!!!

Thanks Amyhunz. You have such a cutie in your pic!

Hi Leesha, love the name Taj! He is such a little cutie! Love the hat!

11th June, Great date isn't it! I was 3 days overdue, was due on the 8th. But DD had other plans, fashionably late! lol

My DD has 2 teeth now too, they have only come through in the past few days, now she has her front bottom two and is drooling continually all over again and all that other jazz that goes with teething, so I think there will be more around soon!

She crawled at 7 months, follows her big brother around all day long! She now pulls herself up on furniture and well anything in sight, today shuffled her feet while I had hold of her hands to get to her Nana, was adorable. We don't think it will be long until she takes some steps!

I have not written about her before, so trying to think of the things she does to say in here...

she can say mum, dad, bub bub, tay (almost her brothers name - tate) nana, ta,

I don't know what else to write...

Oh, I use disposable nappies, so can't help you there, but a lady I know loves bum genius in mcn if that helps?? She swears by them, but don't know about night time.

I love the aldi dispoable nappies, they work much better than huggies for us. DS was always in huggies until about 18months old, then i discovered Aldi! Saves us a small fortune!

Ok I'm just not sure what's going on?

Taj loves food, have had no problems until about a month ago when he went off everything and just wasn't interested.....a few weeks later there was the 2 bottom teeth...so I put it down to teething issues!!!

Now the last two days he just does not want anything I offer him.....even using the BLS he just chews on a few things for a few minutes then cracks it BIG time....i thought maybe he doesn't want to be fed by me so I tried just laying food on his tray and he can feed himself but he is just not interested..........He has done about 4 RUNNY poos today and has developed nappy rash which he has never had before.....Is this teething again do you think???

He started crawling forwards on tuesday and is into everything.....so is it another development point?

I'm just at my wits end as he is so grumpy and not interested in food (bottles are fine) and the nappy rash just looks really uncomfortable!! I have put on some Bepanthen and a disposable nappy to try and help him feel more comfortable!!!

Leesha, sounds like it might be another tooth coming through for Taj. Try to let him have some nappy-free time each day while he has the rash, as the air helps it heal better. Although, nappy off time is much harder to manage once they're mobile... you can't just pop them on a towel and expect them to stay there!

I never used cloth overnight, Zeke woke too often. I use Babylove disposables now, and they seem to go about 10 hours if they need to w/out leaking, but get VERY full. There's also a new brand called Sorbies, they apparently make specific nighttime only nappies... they're supposed to last 12 hours you may find them useful.

Welcome Mich! Sounds like your DD is charging along in the development milestones. Zeke is an active one too... he doesn't stay still till he's ready for bed! He makes a lot of different noises, but no confirmed words yet... I am still Dada sometimes and SO is can be Mama if the mood suits Zeke.

We put in an offer on a house today... we find out tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to stress too much until then!

hi everyone,

its been so long since ive been on!i havent had the net for the past month or two...
    all the little ones are learning so fast its scary.
    cammi has just learnt how to stand up by her self unsupported all she needs to do is start taking steps and she will be walking..
    leesha-cammi has had her bottom teeth for bit over a month now and bout 4 days ago she had a fever had rosey cheeks and had the runs and nappy rash and her top tooth has just broke the skin thankfully she has been a nightmare but its the ones next to her front teeth that have srated to come throu she has had trouble sleeping the other day she was awake from 11am till 10pm she was awake a whole 11hrs,so hopefully taj's come throu soon cause cammi is much better now it has broke throu..
    cammi says mum and dad but thats it for now..she loves to chase our cats around and pull on them lucky we have friendly cats.lol
    well there is so much to write and catch up on but have to go cammi is wanting a sleep

p.s welcome mich its great to have more ppl join..

Nice to see you again Skye! I'm glad Cammi is settling down now that her teeth are through. Those few days just as the tooth is breaking the skin is miserable. Your poor baby hurts and cries, and there's not always heaps you can do.

I found the best trick (other than Bonjela) was cold banana in a mesh feeder. Zeke loves banana anyway and the cold really seemed to help soothe the pain.

Fortunately the teeth are here, and we are sleeping and eating almost normally again.

miranda-you feel so helpless im dreading the next one that comes throu.surprisingly cammi ate more in those 5days than normal she hasnt been a big eater she only had brekky and sometimes would eat her dinner now she is eating brekky lunch and dinner and eats it all...i hope the surgery goes well!!

i was just wondering how many times is everyone breastfeeding a day???cammi has bout 8 times in 24hrs sometimes more she likes to have it for comfort most the time and ive tried stopping them but she wont stop crying till i give it to her..sometimes she has days she will have it 6times but thats it..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast