Thread: Babies Born May 1-15 2008

Default Babies Born May 1-15 2008

This thread is for parents who's baby was born May 1st - 15th 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Trillian; May 18th, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

Hello!

I'll start!

My name is Beth and last week, May 2, I gave birth to my first baby -a beautiful little lady who we named Sophia Rose.
    We're now settling in at home and making it all up as we go along.
    I'm looking forward to meeting more May mums!

Hi Beth
    I'll join in.. Also on friday we welcomed our second princess Ava Louise. Her sister Isabella is 16.5 months old.
    I had a c/s and am recovering ok

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Huge " congrats "BETH & SHEZ on your beautiful emerald May bubba's

... My daughter Cendrine turned " 2 " on the 6th of May

We nicknamed her "Our little lady in a hurry" ... she took nearly 2.5years to conceive BUT when she decided to come she arrived a quick 39mins after arriving at the hospital
    (my 1st bub at 40)

... Heartfelt wishes to you all !!

Congratulations and welcome May babies for 2008!!!!

My Katy will be 2 tomorrow. I can't believe how fast it goes.

Hoping to join you guys very soon!

Evening ladies,

I too am now able to join this thread. My beautiful princess Macey Portia arrived into the world at 5:04pm last Thursday May 8th. A little sister for our DS Harry James (15mo) to love.

Had nat delivery, 3hr labour (very fast compared to previous 19hr labour!) with no time for drugs but have recovered very well. Milk has come in today so am sitting here at computer hugging an ice pack ready to feed again to take off some of the pressure on my poor boobs.

look forward to sharing our baby experiences with you all.

well i suppose i better stick my head in liam was born on the 8th may, he had his first 48hrs in NICU,but is doing great now.

can i ask why there is 2 babies in may threads??

I'm going to stick my head in here too, as Emily arrived on the 15th, just in time for this thread.
    I had a natural 6 hour labour, no drugs. We came home after one night, and things are going well so far. I've forgotten everything I did with Nina (DD1) so I'm sort of learning as I go along as well!
    Milk has started coming in this afternoon, I'm gonna feel it in the morning!

Morning all,

Just a questions for the Mods pls...

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

Is there any reason for having 2 'babies born in May' threads when other months all seem to roll the full month together? am going to miss chatting to my belly buddies about our new babes because mine was born before due date.

beck, they recently announced that they'll be breaking the baby groups. I think it was mainly due to the number of people in each group?

Had a rough night last night. Nina & Emily were playing tag team with keeping us up! Soooo tired today.

Sorry for not answering sooner. We have decided to make the baby buddies in the same format as the belly buddies so everything is streamlined from one group to another. Also because some of the groups are quite large and new members/infrequent posters have a better chance to keep up with their group if they stay the same as belly buddies. So starting from May this will be the norm for all baby buddy groups. All previous months will stay as single groups.

Hi everyone. I was going to join the April baby buddies given that was my belly group but to be honest, I like the idea of a smaller group - so hard to keep up with a big group and the April baby group is HUGE!!! It also means I get to just go to the May baby groups and whatever year it is I'll be in the right place

My gorgeous second daughter Elena was born on the 7th - very fashionably late given she was due on 28 April! Things are pretty hectic at the moment while I try to work out how I balance a newborn and my 12 month old but its getting a little easier.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome lulu and congrats on the arrival of DD2!

Well tomorrow is D day for me, DH goes back to work tomorrow. He needs to go in just for the day, then he'll have Tues & Wed off, then back to work Thurs & Fri. I'm soooooo scared. Having a 21month old and a newborn. I feel I haven't really found my feet yet. So if anyone can give me tips, I'd love them.
    We've started getting Emily into a bath/feed/bed routine. We did the same with Nina and it seemed to work. I've also started feeding her more during the day in the hope she'll stretch out the feeds during the night. She's been feeding every 2.5-3 hours during the night, but going 4-5 hourly during the day. So today I've been feeding her every 3 hours. My milk came in last night, so Emily should have had some pretty good feeds today.
    Fingers crossed tonight is a better night than last night.

Jodi - not sure I have any advice for you that's helpful. I'm still struggling to work out juggling tips mself, but the one thing that has helped is keeping Izzy in her routine and trying to get Elena to work around her (easier said than done!). Izzy seems to be less grizzly though if I keep things as normal as I can for her, whereas El is still making things up as she goes along. Elena is feeding 3 hourly at the absolutely most - sometimes its only an hour - and she doesn't seem to be a baby that you can distract if she's hungry so I'm just feeding her a little early if I think her feed will conflict with something I have to do with Iz.

Good luck. I hope you have a day with few tears.

Hello...at last I can join a baby buddies thread My little man Joshua arrived 3 weeks early on Mothers Day 11th May. I was booked for a c-section on the 23rd due to placenta praevia but on Sunday, my waters broke naturally and contractions started straight away. I still had to have the c-section but am happy that I went into labour naturally as I know that Josh was ready to come out.

We have been home a couple of days now and trying to settle into a routine, if there is such a thing but he has been doing great and feeding every 3 hours. There have been a couple of times during the night where he hasn't settled easily but so far it is all good. The local health nurse is coming to visit us on Wednesday.

I look forward to chatting with all you new mummies

Ok, so now that we have passed the 15th of the month, lets see who we have in our baby buddy group;

Name baby born other siblings
    beckstar: girl Macey DS -15mo
    laranna boy Joshua -
    luluHB girl Elena DD - 12mo
    jodi girl Emily DD - 21mo
    chrissy boy Liam DD 15,DS 12,DS 11,DD 10,DD 19mo, DSS 12, DSD 10
    Shezabelle girl Ava DD16mo
    Beth girl Sophia -

gee hope I haven't missed anyone. Good see to see we have plenty of ther close siblings too. Will be coming to you girls looking for tips on managing 2+littlies.

Hope your all getting a little bit of sleep. Things are going ok here so far. Macey has last feed at 10:30pm and has been going thru till around 3am before needing next feed and then not again till 7am. Started having some grief with wind & hiccups though.

Can feel boobs let-down kicking in now that I'm talking about her so need to go and feed my little girl.

beck - I'm starting to have some issues with wind as well. It's not too bad ATM, but it's there, and it's a PITA! Emily was really unsettled this afternoon. Took about 1.5 hours to settle her. I just had to sit there with her, while she sucked on my little finger (she loves that). Thank goodness Nina was at daycare today.
    Emily is feeding roughly at those times during the night as well. It's great as I'm getting plenty of rest still at night.
    Our biggest problem at night though is that Nina hears when Emily is crying, and she gets really concerned about Emily, and starts crying too! So it's tag team. DH is on Nina duty at night now, while I'm on Emily duty. We've found the last 2 nights have been better with Nina, she hasn't been waking up as much. Hopefully she gets use to the cries and starts sleeping through again. At least it's been relatively easy to get her back to sleep.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast