Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 1st - 15th 2008

well looks like Lilli is lactose intolerent. The health nurse told me to put her on formula and see how she goes, and she is a completely different baby. She can do and fart without screaming now!! She even slept for 5hrs straight last night. The poor girl looked very tired, her eyes were all dark. Its a shame that i have to stop breastfeeding though, ause Lilli was thriving of it. She has already gained 600grams since birth and grown 2cm. She is going to be a little chubba i think.

Sorry amber i tried everything for wind, but seems the lactose in breast milk was the problem. hopefully someone else can help you.

RochelleW Guest

Hey all, been a while since I posted, my dial-up connection is a bit dodgy out here on the farm and I can't get broadband or anything. Cooper's doing ok, he has colic so i spend a lot of time just holding him cos he can't lay down without screaming My mum came down this week, which was great cos I haven't seen her since I had him. We went shopping in Wagga when I picked her up from the airport and bought one of those automatic rocker swings for him cos a friend reckoned it was great for her colicky baby. Hopefully it helps but when we got home we realised we'd forgotten to get the D size batteries to power it and the nearest shop is half an hour away...lol i thought it was just being pregnant that had ruined my memory but i'm worse than ever now with him to distract me!

I'm glad to see that everyone's babies seem to be doing well, apart from the wind that seems so common! Rach, it's not so good to hear Lilli is lactose intolerant but it must be a relief to know what was wrong ( at the very least, it'd be a relief to your eardrums!)

I read somewhere on the last page (sorry, can't remember who!) mention of co-sleeping. Is anybody doing this? We are, but sort of accidentally! Cause of Cooper's colic he won't sleep laying down and is especially unhappy straight after feeds so to try and keep him quiet so he doesn't wake DP I prop myself upright on the pillows to feed him and then rest him on my chest for a while afterwards, which helps a bit. Then, lol, I usually fall asleep with him like that! I worried about it at first but everyone's content that way and when I spoke to the doc about it he just said that as long as I'm not sleeping so deeply that I don't feel him move it's ok, so now i just make sure that i've got a pillow against the side of the bed so even if he were to slide off me he wouldn't fall off the bed.

Hope everything's going well for all the new mums and bubs that've joined up that i haven't said hello to yet!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and my son, Nate.

Nate was born 12th June by elective c-section. It was my first ceaser so I wasn't sure what to expect but my recovery has been fabulous and much easier than what I had anticipated.

Since being home we've had a few minor problems. Nate has turned up feet and a tongue-tie. So in the first three weeks we've battled vaginal thrush, breast-feeding clinic, physiotherapy, speech therapy, mastitis, thrush on my nipples and the ever popular WIND. That's how I found this thread, I was looking for something to help with the wind. All in all though it's been great. We only have the wind problem to resolve and everything will be roses.

So nice to meet other mums of June bubs...

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having although sounds like you're still dealing with them well. I hear you on the mastitis - I got it for the second time last week... god it is awful!

My DD had terrible wind pains early on but it now seems to be sorting itself out - that said though, I have modified my diet to exclude all 'windy foods' (onion, garlic, cauliflower, legumes, dairy) aswhich has actually helped me too! I can only suggest what I did which was keeping a journal of what I ate along with how she was that day and then eliminating things to see if it made a difference.

We tried Infant's friend and it nothing - in fact, I think it made things worse. We got that originally as she wasn't 1 month old yet however as your DS is over a month, you can probably try the other formula's available.

Good luck!!

Hay ladies, do any of you have your bubs in a routine as yet?? I don't know if its to early or not, DS just adopted straight away to lives.

We have a "kind of" routine, and are slowly working more elements into it.

I started by just having a bed-time routine. After we have dinner, at about 7pm, I go and take a bath with Peter- we both love it! Then he gets a big feed, then he gets swaddled, and then off to bed. He sleeps in his rocker, and during the day this is out with us in the lounge, but at night its in his cot, so he goes into the darker, quieter room for the night. He wakes up every 4 hours or so overnight.

During the day, we don't really have a routine, its largely lead by what Peter wants. But as time goes by I can see we may eventually get into more of a pattern- he tends to feed every 2 hours or so during the day and sleep for an hour. I think I will try to get into the habit of going for a walk with him mid-morning.

So, we have just gradually introduced elements of routine- as much as Peter is able to handle, I guess, and will continue to as he grows up. I am VERY routine oriented, so its my nature to try to get things scheduled.....yeah, that happens with a newborn....

Jess - Ruby was born the same day as Alyssa - what time? Alyssa was 8.15am

Rach - how are the assignments going? I'm working on one at the moment (can't you tell!) - I already asked for a 4 week extension for it and the new due date is next friday! getting on with it slowly, i don't get much chance during the day (or find other things to do anyway) and am too tired by the evening to do much more than slob.

Rochelle - have you tried the rocker yet? is it helping?

Kim - I just bought a natural homepathic remedy by brauer for stomach relief (they also do a colic one) - we've only used it a couple of times and it seems to work, either that or its jsut good timing. Alyssa only gets refluxy occasionally and when she does it gives her a fair bit of discomfort, which i hate because I feel so helpless. I've worked out so far that chilli is out, but i'm starting a food diary so i can rule out if there's anything else that affects her, like Jess suggested.

Alyssa has slotted into our lifes pretty wel - we've even managed going out to the pub for dinner two weekends in a row! We've just learnt to get ready way before we know we need to leave by, especially when we have to be somewhere at a specific time, such as the doc's or dh's hockey games. WE don't have a set routine as such, but generally in the morning, hubby will get her changed while I have a quick shower and then we'll have a quick brekky before he leaves for work. except on a monday when I drive him into work, I also try and get the nappies in the wash first thing in the morning. Come the evening, Alyssa feeds quite frequently every 1- 1 1/2 hours and then hubby wraps and settles her generally by 10 and we both fall into bed! We've found we can't use the bath to settle Alyssa as she is wide awake after it for a couple of hours, so we try to get her in the bath no later than half 6. She normally sleeps for 5-7 hours so wakes up for a feed anytime between half 2 - half 5, she then normally goes back to sleep for 3-4 hours. Thursday nights seem to be the exception - she is either really hard to settle initially (hubby was up til 2 with her last night) or she wakes up about 4ish and then won't settle so I end up on the couch with her till the morning.

During the day, things happen when they want to happen. I try and make sure i get out of the house, either going for a walk or going to the local westfield or the city - it gives a change of scenery to feeding time - instead of my lounge, we get the choice of David Jones or Myer! I think we spend about half of the time we are shopping in the feed rooms!

Normally, in the morning Alyssa sleeps in her bassinet or is content to sit in her rocker and watch me so i can get on with some jobs. Of course, then we have a day like today, when it toolk me till 11 to eat brekky (hubby thoughfully left me in bed, except she woke up about 10 mins after he left!) and half 12 to have a shower. She kept falling asleep during a feed, so i would lie her down - tried the bassinet, cot and car seat - except 10 minutes later, she would be wide awake. Even when she seemed to have a proper feed, she wanted more feed half an hour later! I feel like I've spent the whole morning on the couch with her. At 2, I gave up, put her in her sling and went for a walk to subway for lunch - she's been asleep since then! What do you girls do to settle them during the day? I tried all sorts today - wrapping, rocking, feeding to sleep, dummy, all the things that normally work didn't amd don't know what else to try. I think by the end she just got herself over tired.

Has anyone's period started yet? My lochia cleared up by week 4, with just a bit of clear disharge on the odd day here and there, then today, I've started bleeding again - i'm pretty sure its my period - the usual cramps and moodiness kind of give it away! I know breastfeeding isn't a sure fire way but I thought it would hold my period off for a bit longer! grrrr!

probably tmi and too personal, but anyone tried to dtd yet? We've tried twice, but its been too sore, and its kind of turned me off trying again, even though I want to be intimate with dh (who is veryunderstanding about it). I thought because it all feels ok down there, that I'd recovered, but i guess i've not - i did have some internal stiching so whether thats not quite healed yet, i don't know.

Sorry for the long post (again!) I seem to get on a roll!

edit: wow its really long!! sorry again!

jess- thanks for the advice. After a week of what I thought was colic (screaming, not sleeping, looking like he was in pain) I googled and started modifying my diet. We had been using Gripe Water, we we've had lots of success with previoulsy, for a week with little progress. I'd also found out about Infacol but was reluctant to use it because of the chemicals. Gripe Water is all natural so I've no probs using that but didn't want any nasties for my precious (can anyone say that without thinking of LOTR?) but in desperation hubby went and got some on Saturday.

Since then, he's been doing 1000% better. Feeding 4 hourly instead of hourly, sleeping for 8 hours overnight and just content to sit. What a relief!! We really were sideswiped by that week has we've never had a bad sleeper or a screamer. We swapped a few nasty words in that week I tell ya!

I'm still modyifying my diet as I notice it has helped me also!

Sammy - I haven't started my periods yet. My lochia cleared up after three weeks and I've had nothing else since . We have also tried DTD, just once, but it hurt alot. It has been MONTHS since we've DTD as I had SPD during my pregnancy and refused 'relations' with my hubby. Hubby is very supportive though and VERY patient. I've suggested we try lubricant as breastfeeding women don't lubricate well on their own. What may seem odd however, is that I had a c-section so I'm not sure why it hurts.

Hope all the mums and bubbas are doing well.

Sammy - Ruby was born at 12:44pm on 4/6... it must have been a popular day for our two little girls to be born on!

Kim - Great to hear that Nate is a whole lot better... he sounds like a wonder baby now!! Also great to hear that you're feeling better with the diet modification. It's strange how changing just a few small things on the food intake can make us feel better hey? That said - I would LOVE to sit down with a family block of chocolate right now but no no... must resist the temptation!!

Ruby and I are going well. She is becoming much more settled and has been having longer periods of sleep at night (4-5 hours) which has been fantastic. That said though, I've woken up a few mornings with Pamela Anderson cans that I did expect! Still... I'd prefer to have them any day with all the sleep we've been able to get!

Hope everyone else is going well and staying warm in this chilly weather

jess- pammie cans I've been sleeping on my back to stop from squishing them, problem is then they squish me!

So the diet changes have helped with Ruby's temperament then? Good job! I never paid much attention to my diet with the other three so it's hard this time but I'm determined to do it!

kim - hehe agree, the only way to sleep now is on the back as the rack just gets in the way!

Ruby is definitely much better now with my diet changes, especially when it comes to her wind pain. She used to scream for 1-2 hours each night with wind pain and found it extremely difficult to pass a 'motion' when I was eating cheese, chocolate, wheat etc. Now that I've cut back or cut out some foods, she is soooo much happier, able to pop-off like a trooper and fill those nappies without a great deal of assistance!!

I have even noticed when I've had the foods that she is very unsettled and goes back to the high pitch screaming so it's good to know that at least my missing out on some foods does pay off (there has to be a pay-off!!)

Rach - how are the assignments going? I'm working on one at the moment (can't you tell!) - I already asked for a 4 week extension for it and the new due date is next friday! getting on with it slowly, i don't get much chance during the day (or find other things to do anyway) and am too tired by the evening to do much more than slob.
    Sammy - ahahaha , yea im ment to be doing 3 at the moment. Ive got extension galaore with all mine. Thank god some lectures can be understanding!!! Some of the things they want you to write about is absolute rubbish, but thats just my humble opinion.

Oh you girls and your pammie cans, DH is really missing mine now. Oh well, its either big boobies and a very unhappy little girl, or small boobies and a settled little girl.
    Well poor Lilli caught my cold . She had temps and was not a happy camper. Though after a couple of days, with a few doses of panadol, her temp came down and shes now resting soundly in her bed. I really hate winter, everyone gets so sick.

Well im back to this assignment, i really really have to finish it.
    Rach.

Bit quiet in here lately...

Well after about two weeks of diet dramas trying to figure out if it was connected to Nate's colic problem he suddenly turned a corner one day and just settled right down! I have NO idea what it was but something just fell into place and we've had the last three weeks with no problems whatsoever! I'm so glad, besides him being back to his placid, happy self I can get some decent sleep and do some chores. :yay:

How is everyone else going?

I've been struggling to get back to 'normal' life and berating myself for my weight but really had to smack myself and just remind me that I've JUST had a baby, these things take time. We are still breastfeeding, sometimes bed sharing and often baby carrying (I luv my hug-a-bub!).

hi ladies i just found you's! yay
    i belong to this group my son harlen jett was born 15.06.08!
    so hows every body going?
    hope their bubs r being good 4 them. we have had a few issues since bub was born our dd wqas 22 months when harlen was born it has taken a while but she is now a loving big sister
    -did any one experience jealousy issues with older sibs??
    any way lets make this a hot thread and keep in touch....
    much love and hugs 2 all

hello girls,
    i've just joined this website amd it looks great..i had a baby girl called cammi on the 15.06.08 she weighed 3.6kg 8 pound was 51cm long and came into the world at 8.15am was in labor for 7hrs which felt like a life time, and now i can't beleive 3 months has pasted so quickly..is everyone's baby going great?you girls seem like a great group of girls and hope to talk to you's soon.has anyone else had any probs with there little one sleeping by themselves?

Just found the June thread! Hoping to have some lovely chats with you all in the near future!

Skye - yup, Zeke is a bedsharer 100%! He won't sleep for much more than half an hour by himself. I'm trying to get him used to the bassinette, and sometimes it's fine, others not so much. I think if I persevered more rather than going "stuff it, I'm tired, come to bed with mummy" I'd have more luck!

mirandabelle,

im the same i gave up trying its much easier to sleep with her and she only wakes up once though the night..sometimes a can't even put her down of a day she is just so cudderly...i barely get anything done...its really quite in this thread was going to join the one just before cammi was born but haven't had the time...

Have you tried a sling or a carrier to wear Cammi during the day? It's a lifesaver if you have a baby who wants to be permanently attached to you. It lets you get quite a lot of things done, including using the computer!

I splurged an got a Baby Bjorn Active, but that's because I have a dodgy back and needed the really serious back support, and to take all the weight off my shoulders, but there are heaps of different types and styles out there, that might let you have Cammi close, but still have your hands free.

Well, Zeke's down in his bassinette for a bit, so I'm off too!

BTW Cammi is a beautiful name, is it short for anything? I was trying to talk the beloved into Camryn for a girl's name but he wouldn't hear of it... men! :P

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast