Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 1st - 15th 2008

Thanks everyone for letting me know :-) Amazing little creatures they are!

For anyone who's started solids, did you find rice cereal constipated your LO? I'm starting in the next few weeks and a gf of mine suggested skipping rice cereal and sticking with something like sweet potato first.

Any thoughts???

Thank you Mirandabelle it's nice to know people are thinking of him!!!
    It's just awful knowing your little bubba has to have surgery......they don't deserve it.
    I often wonder why bad things happen to good people??

Yeah Leisha... I know how you feel. But it's good to know they will get the care and treatment they need. It would be far worse if this wasn't available to them.

Amyhunz, Zeke hasn't had a problem with the cereal constipating him... so far he's been fine... but he did have issues with the pumpkin. Sweet potato is a great starter veggie though - most bubbas love it! The only way you will really know if Grace will be ok is to try her on a little... good luck! And remember to take lots of photos, they pull some fantastic faces the first few times!

hi all,

thought i would pop in and see how everyone was going...
    goodluck on taj's surgery i hope everything goes smoothly....
    has anyone got any teeth yet??we are still waiting
    cammi had a virus the other week she was vomiting had a high fever and the runs it made it so hard for her to sleep...
    i got cammi weighed for her 5months and she is 7.65kg and 65cm long...
    well its really quite in this thread..

skye

Hi girls

Just been catching up with the posts that were added whilst I've been offline. Our furniture finally came, so we're having a great time unpacking!

Leesha - good luck for Taj's surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly and don't worry!

Amy - I did find that the porridge and rice cereal constipated Freyja and I've found out why now! It's because it's got added iron, which is good for making your bub healthy, but can make them constipated. You should introduce it slowly and if your bub does seem constipated, then cut it out and then reintroduce again in smaller amounts apparently. Oh, you should always make sure you offer plenty of water to drink when they're having solids too.

Being the bad mum that I am, I wasn't offering Freyja any water, because of always being told that if they're thirsty, you offer them boob! Also, I just went straight into the Farax with no slow intro. She was having hard poo that was really dark, almost black, and was really struggling. Poor thing.

Now I actually give her either the Heinz Organic porridge with figs from a jar (no added iron and she loves it) or homemade porridge for brekkie. I bought quick cook oats (it's ground) and make up a batch with water, then add some Heinz Organic pureed fruit. I will be adding my own now I have my food processer!

It's a little lumpy, so prob best to wait till bub has had solids for a few weeks before trying it, but Freyja loves it and I've been adding a portion of it to her pureed veggies etc too.

Oh. and she now gets plenty of water to drink with her food and her poo is now generally the colour of her pureed veg. soft and oh. my god it smells!

Skye - no teeth yet. We've been battling a virus for the last few days, so I think the temperatures and irritability are that rather than teeth. I'm perfectly happy for him to stay this way a while longer. He bites hard enough with his gums! It's really hard having a sick baby, Zeke will only sleep while I hold him but between him and I both having fevers, we wind up sweaty, uncomfortable and barely sleeping. Thank goodness it seems to be on its way out!

Kerry - Mum & I mentioned shipping yards today and it reminded me of you. I was just starting to wonder if you'd gotten your furniture yet, it must be wonderful to have all your own stuff back!

I'm glad you were able to sort out Freyja's tummy issues. You're not a bad mum - some babies do fine w/out the extra water!

Zeke has had homemade porridge a couple of times - I buy normal rolled oats and make them into powder in the blender - add some water, microwave for a few minutes, let it cool and he loves it!

Oh, and the nappies get worse again once you add meat to their diets! Toddler poo is THE WORST thing ever to change!

We had a checkup today, Zeke is 7kgs even and the pediatrician said Zeke is doing 'perfectly! I am so pleased with my boy!

Hi all....just retured from a week away with the in-laws...hectic! Anyway, we're doing pretty well. Gracie slept really well while we were away despite a very noisy house and first time in a portacot. I'm not sure what she weighs at the moment but she's always been slighty above average so I'm guessing around the 8kg+ mark. Still breastfeeding so it's always a relief to get a good report card. I'm just about to change her car seat around to face forward - how exciting :-)

Still haven't introduced solids yet because we've been away but planning on starting over the weekend.

No teeth yet but she was showing signs from about 10 weeks! Drooling, chewing on everything etc But then again, maybe that doesn't mean teeth...maybe it's just another developmental phase (??)

Anyway, good luck with the surgery (sorry I'm not sure what it's about cause I'm a newbie to this thread but I'll be thinking of you guys). Not a nice way to spend the festive season you poor thing.

Anyway, got ideas for Christmas pressies? I really want to get her a Jolly Jumper...

BTW - this may have already been asked on this thread, but where abouts does everyone live? You don't have to answer specifically but I was just interested in case we ever decide to do a get together? I'm currently living in a town near Bathurst, NSW...

hello everyone,
    havent been on here for a little bit as bellybelly hasnt been working on my computer for some reason..its weird..lol i live in canberra
    i have no idea what to get for xmas cammi has a joly jumper and she loves it and it wears her out to...lol thinking bout getting her a pool as it will be pretty warm soon...oh and a really nice walker..

Zeke is getting a ball, those foam floor mats that click together and probably some clothes or something, I haven't put too much thought into it really.

Amy - If you look at the top right of each person's post you can see their details including location if they filled it in. I'm a Melbourne girl myself!

Drooling and chewing can be associated with chewing, but it is also developmental, babies don't learn to swallow their saliva for quite a while, and chewing things is their primary way of exploring an object.

You'll have to tell me how Grace likes facing forward, I think we'll have a lot less complaining from Zeke when we can turn him around (he's not big enough yet) when he wakes up bored, at least he'll be able to see what's happening better.

We have a date for his MRI, which I'm really glad about, it means that Zeke's surgery can go ahead when they wanted it to, around Feb-Mar.

Leisha, today's the day - I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you... I wish you and Taj the best of luck.

Hello everyone!

My furniture came (yeah!) on Thursday last week, so we've had a house full until the rental stuff was picked up yesterday. It's sooooo nice having our own things and it meant I was able to put all Freyja's Peppa Pig and Tree of Life stickers up again so she has something to look at in her room. Strangely, she seems to have started sleeping better - I'm sure it's a coincidence!!

Freyja was waking every 2 hours (this was me on a daily basis --> ) and was still not napping, but this week she's started napping better (Tuesday was a blip I hope!) and only woke me once last night. I don't know if it's because she's passed a growth or development point (she seems to have grown several inches and suddenly learnt how to stay upright in a sitting position!), or her room being more homely, or that she is now having home made food with lumps in, rather than pureed baby mush. No idea, but I hope it continues - although the MCHN has decided to send us to sleep class so my hubby is taking the day off specially. I must have looked a right state on Tuesday for our appointment

Have any of the other babies started to make big chewing motions? Freyja started this the other day and I'm not entirely sure if it's the teething or her attempt at asking for food. She also has started testing her gums against my nipple (ouch!), so I'm inclined to go with the teething.

Glad to see all the bubs are doing so well. Freyja is just under 7kg, but she's 25th percentile for everything - tiny and cute! Except for her big chubby thighs that she takes from her mummy.

Good luck Leesha!! Let us know how everything went as soon as you can. Hugs to Taj!

PS - I'm in the outer Melbourne burbs

Kerry - I hope the sleep school goes well for you and you all get some more rest. Be aware from what I've read they teach "cry-it-out" or "controlled crying" methods mostly.

Zeke chews toys, his bottle teats, my fingers anything! (Fortunately not so much on my nipples yet ) So I gave him a few tiny lumps in his food tonight and they all came straight back out... He chewed them all but wouldn't swallow, and he'd sucked all the liquid off them too!

Zeke is sitting up unassisted for about 5 minutes at a time now. He developed it so gradually I don't have an exact date for his baby book. I'm going to use today as the date though, because he chose to push off my leg and sit by himself rather than being put there. He probably would have stayed longer too, but I had to move away from him to get something and I didn't want him falling and bonking his head so I laid him down again.

Anyhow I'm typing with one hand cos Zeke is asleep on me... so we're off to bed!

Oh and Kerry which side of Melb? I'm eastern!

Kerry - I went to 2 Day Stays when Grace was 1 month so I could learn all the settling techniques, routine etc. I found them invaluable! Yes, they do promote controlled crying, but to be honest, it's worked a treat with her. She was a 11-12hour sleeper overnight from 10 weeks (with dreamfeed). She's certainly not perfect but she responded very well to routines and controlled crying (otherwise known as the "Ferber method"). Obviously parenting is a very personal thing so however you choose to do things is your choice and noone should criticise your decisions. I just found their methods to be very helpful to a new mum who was quite clueless in the early days!! Good luck :-)

Just gave Gracie her first solids! Sweet potato went down very well...

Developmentally Gracie is very good at tummy time these days...able to stay on her tummy for quite a while before her head gets a bit too heavy. She sits up but not for long at this stage without support. She's been doing the gumming nipple thing for about 2 months now - drives me crazy and makes me scared for when she gets teeth! Oouucchh!!

Have a great weekend all!

Amy, Sweet potato is a favourite here too! Don't worry if her poo is orange over the next couple of days, it's just the potato!

We've had a busy couple of days and I'm pooped! Zeke is being super fussy right now, but Daddy has him for the moment... phew!

Hi everyone,

It's quiet in here...

How's things? Gracie started solids last week. So far she's tried sweet potato, pear, pumpkin & apple. She LOVED pear. Ate the others but not overly keen. It's funny how some days they hoe it down and other days they couldn't care less. Hmm...

Gracie is SO close to sitting unsupported...has anyone's LO's started doing this? I'm putting off her 6monthly needles...hate them more than she does

MP - how did sleep school go?

Leesha - how did the surgery go?

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

Babies are funny about solids aren't they? But I guess we have hungry days and other days where all we'll eat is a couple of apples or a slice of toast, so it's no surprise that babies do the same really!

Zeke is sitting unsupported for about 5 mins at a time, but needs to be placed in that position. He's pushed from reclining to sitting a couple of times, but has not yet managed it from lying flat.

He had his 6mo needles on Wednesday, he was a bit louder this time, but still did great. Was pretty moody the day after though! Nothing a bit of TLC couldn't fix, but tiring all the same.

I'm about 1/2 done with my Chrissie shopping, still got a long way to go though. How are everyone else's Christmas plans coming along?

hi everyone,
    its very quite in here....
    hope everyone had a lovely christmas,cammi loved it she was more excited about the rapping paper than her presants...
    i was wondering how much water your LOs are drinking as ive only just gave cammi water the past few weeks and she will drink 100ml in two days and sometimes want more on the second day and she still has boob alot aswel and still only has brekky and dinner im just about to give her lunch aswell soon...

hope the surgery went well leesha.

cammi had her needles a few days before christmas she screamed but was very good after and have had no problem...

miranda_hope everything goes on sceduale for zekes surgery and goes well...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast