Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 # 2

Lisa - i was actually wondering the same thing about other babies eating quantities! For dinner, Evan usually has 3 icecubes of veggies and 2 cubes of fruit. Just measured the cubes and they're about 50mls, so - 150mls veggies (pumkin, broccoli, potato) and 100mls fruit (apple and pear). That's an evening meal. For breakfast he'll eat 1 TBS baby cereal (mixed with full cream cows milk) and half a banana. And for lunch about a quarter of an avacardo and the other half of the banana. Well that's whats been on the menu the past couple of weeks anyway! I'm still BFing him about 4 times a day and sometimes a feed at night (but usually only a really quick one). I wonder if this is all too much? He is a big boy (about 9.5kg).

Hope Makenzie is coping with the teeth coming through so quickly! Evan is still all gums - no sign of any teeth yet! I'm beginning to wonder where they all are hiding...?!

I took Evan to the optometrist today as he has a slight discolouration in his left eye. As i thought, it's just a freckle, and his vision is all fine. In the waiting room, Evan was wriggling around and checking out other peoples shoes, and AMAZINGLY every time i called him to "come back to mummy" he came!! I couldn't believe it!! He was all smiles and i just acted cool as if he always does that LOL!!!! I was quite impressed!!

Linds

Stormi Guest

Linds - that's so cute that Evan came back to you when you called. Does he love shoelaces? Makenzie spots shoes across a room and takes off at full speed to get them before we move them. Same with her nappies, that was the first thing she actually commando crawled properly to - one of her nappies I threw onto the floor.

Evan will get teeth soon enough. My boys didn't get their first teeth till 8.5 months and then it was another month or so before they got another. She's quite different to the boys. The boys milestones were pretty much the same - they started sitting, crawling, teeth, walking at the same time as each other. Makenzie has more teeth but I don't think she'll be walking at 10 months like they both were, she's not even pulling herself up on furniture yet. Not that I want her walking yet, she can take her time LOL.

I dunno how much food they should eat. I think I read they should have 1/3 - 1/2 cup per meal. Something else I read said a couple of tablespoons, so who knows. They say babies will stop opening their mouth once they've had enough, or push it away, which she has done before, but sometimes I wonder. Unless she's like her mother, I'll keep opening my mouth to that even if I'm bloated LOL. I guess as long as their weight is not way over what it should be, and they are eating healthy food, then it wouldn't be a problem. It's not like we're feeding them cake and biscuits and ice-cream.

Well, tomorrow is my makeover day. My SIL has a friend who is a hairdresser so she's talked me into going to her house so I can get my hair done by this friend, cut and coloured for a lot cheaper than at a salon. I'm a bit scared coz I'm going to cut it short..maybe not short short but a lot shorter. Bit scary. I've had short hair a few times before but then decided to grow it as long as I could so have had quite long hair for a couple of years or so now. But I'm sick of Makenzie crawling around and ending up with my hairs off the floor tangled around her toes and fingers, and she's forever grabbing it, so time for a change. Haven't had it coloured for a long time either, so who knows what I'll end up with. I'll have to post before and after pics on Makenzie's website. The good thing is DH is going to be home to mind the kids so I get a bit of a break. I told DH it might take a week for my hair to be done LOL. Just hope Makenzie doesn't cry if I come home with a drastic new look.

Cooper got his hair cut today and thinks he looks uber cool coz I let him get "shark" hair (think Kyle Sandiland - not that "sharky' though, his bit is shorter).

Suppose I should get to bed, have to leave early tomorrow as hair appt is 10am and SIL lives a bit of a drive away.

lozi Guest

hi all,
    max has two new little teeth peeping through down the bottom in the middle! he looks so funny LOL

have to go max just woke up will try and pop in a bit later

laura

belmarks Guest

WTG Max!! Its a huge milestone isn't it Laura!!

Not much to add but Coby and I are great, hoping you are all having a good time too.

Stormi Guest

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. My boys have been banished outside coz they were so naughty. Riley turned the hose on outside so they were both soaked (as well as all the dirt etc so now there's mud). I told them not to come back inside unless they were clean and dry LOL.

OMG, had such a fright last night. Was running Kenzie's bath and put some water on to boil for her bottle. We were both in the bathroom and when the bath finished running I brought her out onto the floor to undress her, when I could smell burning. Anyway, thought something must have been on the hotplate from dinner, you know how you get little spills and it smells when it's burning, anyway, the water was boiling so went to turn it off and the burning smell was really strong and then I realised THE HOTPLATE WAS ON FIRE. There were like huge flames coming out of it, I'm yelling for DH, Cooper came racing out and I told him to run and get daddy, so he's freaked out and run off saying "DAD! THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!". DH just blew the flames out. I was scared though, my legs were all wobbly LOL.

Poor Makenzie, there must have been a mozzie in her room, she has several bites on her but she's got one right between the eyes. My kids react pretty bad to mozzie bites, they turn into huge red lumps, so she looks like she's got one of those Indian bindi things between her eyes.

I got all my hair chopped off, it's very short. Probably got 30cms chopped off the length. The boys want "mummy" back LOL. They said I don't look like their mummy anymore.

Better go feed these children.

belmarks Guest

Lisa, I would have freaked too!! My smoke alarm started going off the other day for no aparent reason and it freaked me out, I thought there might have been something in the roof on fire, as we built our house a few years back and the smoke alarms these days are wired in to the electrical, so it couldn't be the batteries going flat, otherwise I think it just beeps when that happens. But it was going off completely, very scary. I put it down to the fact that it got hot here all of a sudden and must have set it off......

Cobys still got his cold and so do I, its so annoying, Im going to get a vapouriser today for him, its just getting ridiculous!!

Stormi Guest

Lozi - they look gorgeous when they smile with those two bottom teeth. Then they look sort of weird when the top ones come through, I guess coz those ones are so much bigger. Poor Makenzie is having a horrible time with that top right front one. She's got the one next to it, that's broken through, but that top front one is still working it's way out. Poor little thing, so far all of her teeth have come through two at once - which halves the teething time but doubles the pain I would think.

Bel - it's yuck when they have a cold, isn't it, especially as they don't realise to try breathing through their mouth instead, and they don't understand why they feel like that. Hope Coby is feeling a bit better.

Makenzie's just having her bottle then DH and I (and Kenz and Riley) are going to my parents house to pick up my old school desk for Cooper. He has a desk that MIL gave us but it's an old one, but my one (which is just as old) has the bookshelf part to it so Cooper can put stuff on the shelves rather than all over his desk so he has no room to use it anyway. Trying to think what else I can take from the house while I have the trailer. Long story short, dad passed away a year ago, mum's in a nursing home and she has dementia, dad never updated his will since 1991, so everything was left to mum, she is not capable of handling her affairs, she was also unfit to sign a Power of Attorney so us children could deal with these issues, had to go through the Guardianship tribunal, bottom line is now the Office of Protection Commission is in charge of everything and the Public Trustee will be selling the house. I am not sure what they do with the contents of the house, but they have a fairly new lounge, fridge, TV etc in there and I'd rather sell those and put the money in my mum's account rather than have the public trustee just donate them to charity or whatever they do. It's been such a stressful year after dad's passing because of the way the will was left and we've had to muck around with solicitors and such. Just makes you realise how important it is to update your will whenever ANY circumstances change.

Anyway, better go coz I think we are going in a minute.

Oh dear, it has been a bit quiet in here!

Well one of those darn bottom teeth finally broke through a week or so ago! Cause some really yucky poos and now the poor bub has a nasty rash, that is only now getting better.

I am really beginning to work on a night time ritual for Maggie, it is very hard and stressful, but I am hoping that it is worth it. If you are interested in what is going on have a look in the gentle parenting section.

Well she is just a hyper little bub, into everything!! Had yet another fight with the cat, not her fault, the cat is just temperamental, she is the one that came up for pats. Maggie has an obsession with the chess set. She knows she is being naughty and will look around before she tries to get the pieces. When she is caught, she does what I call the "naughty dance" and giggles insanely

Finally putting away the 00 clothing, a bit sad, as I really liked some of those outfits, but now I get to use the new cute outfits!

Maggie is now also ignoring boundaries. Before she would not leave the living area without hesitation, now she just keeps on going. I often find her in the bathroom., she is so quick. Off to get a safety gate today so we can at least stop her from getting into the kitchen.

How is everyone else going?

It has been quite in here for awhile, hasn't it?!

Astrid - Evan is also going beyond his boundries now! I keep finding him slithering up the hallway and into the bathroom. It's so cute when he comes in to the bedroom to find me though!! I'm having a hell of a time keeping him out of the dogs water bowl though!! Everytime i turn around!

Evan hasn't mastered the art of a proper crawl on hands and knees yet (although is quite strong enough), but is getting very fast at the comando style. He is pulling himself up and standing against whatever he can reach now. Its scary watching him! He is getting so confident now - like hanging on with one hand while trying to reach down for something on the floor. He makes me a nervous wreck!! Had a few tumbles, but he's doing well.

He's got his first tooth coming through at the moment. I can see it pushing up through his gums, and can feel its quite sharp, but it hasn't broken through yet. It doesn't look pearly white yet - just a shadowy kind of thing. Is that normal? Evan seems to appreciate the bongela, and his tounge has been hanging out his head the past few days!! He looks so funny!

Hows everyone else? Any new milestones to report?!

Stormi Guest

Nothing much happening this end. Makenzie has 6 teeth now, is still commando crawling but she's mastered the art of that and moves around really fast - although the foot she pushes off with has a huge blister on it from the carpet.

She's just starting to pull up on things herself now, but only things that are low down. She can stand against the lounge etc if we put her there but she hasn't tried to pull up on that yesterday. She was so proud of herself yesterday as she pulled herself up onto her knees to get into the boys box of Duplo and knelt there for ages playing with it.

She's just started waving "bye bye" now, it's so cute. The boys are constantly saying "bye bye" to her to make her do it so I'm sure she doesn't really understand what it means coz they say it to her all the time. She also likes to "dance" when she's sitting, bounces herself up and down to music.

She also knows what her boundaries are and breaks them. If we forget to shut a bathroom door she is off at 100 miles an hour to try and get in there before we stop her. Same with things she is not meant to touch - she crawls over there then looks at us with that naughty look and tries to touch it.

She had jelly a couple of days ago for the first time - the boys made some and I gave her some to try and she loved it.

Anyway, better go, she's whinging. Good to hear from you Astrid and Linds

Talk about testing boundaries! Maggie just crawled out the back door! Can't keep it closed, I need to keep it open for the cats. Looks as though we need to unseal the catflap. Got the gate for the kitchen, she seems to be a bit confused by it, along with the cats, poor things, it is such a shock for them.

Good to hear from you LG & Lisa. They do look so proud of themselves when they finally do something new.

belmarks Guest

Where is everyone? Its awfully quiet in here lately, is everyone far to busy with their bubs to get online now???

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm here Bel, how's Coby doing these days?

belmarks Guest

Hey Bec, Coby is going well, running around in his walker, chasing the dog at the moment. How's Jonah? Getting bigger everyday? Don't they grow up too quickly.....

I've got the sads because we're coming up to Coby's first birthday - well its a couple of months away yet but Im still sad that he's grown up way to quickly and this year has flown.....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

So good to hear Yeah Jonah's huge now. Crawling about and just starting to try and pull himself up on the coffee table.

Awwww you poor thing, I am the opposite. I'm loving watching Jonah grow and do new things, I can't wait until his first birthday, I've already started planning I agree the time has gone quickly, it only seems like yesterday that I had him.

belmarks Guest

he he Bec, I've already started planning Coby's first birthday party too, Im excited for that, but not that he's growing up way too quickly, all too soon he'll be off to school etc.....

belmarks Guest

Hi Brooke, just thinking about having a family and very close friends party at our house. Coby has a couple of little friends that we go to mothers group etc with, so they will be invited, just something small so he doesn't get too overwhelmed....

Are you going to do something for Maya, if so what are you thinking?

No Macca's parties yet Im sure - tee he he!!

Hello!

I'm still around too! Although have been away for the past few days. Went up the york penninsula for a few days - our first holiday with Evan! It was a really peaceful and relaxing time away which was just what i needed! Evan slept beautifully in the portacot (actually better than the average night at home).

Hows everyones sleeping going? We seem (touch wood) to be coming to the end of a rough patch! Wasn't too bad, but Evan did go from sleeping 8-10 hours without any intevention to needing to be resettled and/or fed 2-3 times a night. The past week he's slept from 7pm through to around 4am, feed and back to sleep until about 6-6.30am.

My biggest problem at the moment is Evan is BITING me! Really bad - he's made my nipples bleed on a few occassions now and i'm so tense when i'm feeding him now because i'm waiting to be in agony. my nipples have been sore all day today. And what really annoys me is when i tell people they LAUGH and say it's time to stop feeding him :-k I don't want to stop feeding him yet, and they wouldn't laugh if someone was making their nipples bleed!!!!!! OK, sometimes i can see a light hearted view, but ouchy ouchy ouchy!!!!!!!!! So, anyway he has his first tooth cut through.

Evan has had a few BIG projectile spews in the last week and i've been half expecting AF to arrive, but nothing yet. Its not after every BF though - if it was hormonal, would he be ill after every feed? Otherwise i think it might be related to his sniffly nose that he's had for a few days.

He has well and truely mastered the art of the 'proper' baby crawl on hands and knees and is pulling himself up on everything he can possibly reach! He's soooooo active, can't keep him still for a few minutes. Today he walked around the coffee table twice!

Brookey - Evan's eyes are both blue but in the left eye on the inside (close to his nose) he's got a little brown patch. its just a freckle. Really cute actually!!

I'm looking forward to Evan's first birthday too although i have no idea what to do for it! Winter birthday parties :-k oh dear! I also am enjoying this time - i reckon it's the best stage he's been through so far. I love all the interaction. He claps and waves now, and laughs all day! He's just so happy. Oh, i love him soooooo much!! he's so adorable!! hee hee!! he's saying "daa daaa" but i don't think he knows what he's saying. Can't get him to say "maaa maaa" yet - i'll keep trying!!!! Lots of lovely chatter though. its gorgeous!

Oh sorry this has turned into an essay! I'll shut up now!!

Linds

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast