Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #12

Sorry Simone - I didn't have your number with me, but I was in Belgrave just before - not sure when the Thomas thing was, but I stopped in at the fire station on my way home from the meeting in Lilydale. Bath didn't end up coming up, either, so you didn't miss a meet up
    Having Oscar at the meeting was a big non-issue - he was such an easy boy for it. He slept till he got hungry, so I fed him and about 10 mins after that he got wriggly, so I stood up with him and then he was trying to chat, so being that I also needed to have a hearty cough I left the room for a bit, then stood with Oscar for the rest of the meeting. Afterwards some people came up and asked about it and cooed over him. The main 'grumpy old man' got up, walked past me and didn't even give me a sideways glance...just as well! I approached the two presidents (combined meeting of rural and urban brigade reps) just before the meeting began and assured them that if Oscar started up I would get up and that I was close to the door. They said not to worry and that it was great I had him!I made sure it didn't sound like I was asking permission for him to be there (cos I sure as hell wasn't driving back home without sitting through the meeting!). So, there, I did it and next time I'm an observer at one of the meetings it won't be with Oscar (February, he can stay with his daddy), but I'll have made my little point already and paved the path for someone else to walk on. Seems like a hullabaloo over nothing, but unfortunately you need to make a big deal out of little things when you're a girl in the CFA just so that some people realise you've got a right to be there.
    Nickers - the swimming lesson looks fun!
    Rory - I'll try to remember to email you the swim lady's phone number, cos she hires pool space at different pools. Yeah, I thought of Lawrie too! I mean, it's not like our Olympic swimmers were all in the water from birth, is it? Anyhow, i'd love for Oscar to be a waterbaby like me (I won't hide my agenda!), so I'm looking forward to it. I'm getting a brochure during the week, so I might even scan that and email it to you.
    Got dinner at my dad's tonight, should be nice.
    Where did that hail come from? Did any other Melb people get hail? It wasn't predicted last time I checked!
    Well, have a nice Sunday, all!

me again !!!

Dee - im sorry to hear your still having settling issues. I read in a baby book somewhere thats warm baths/showers help a baby settle ( but im sure you have heard everything on the subject of settling ) another thing we did ( which killed my back but settled Aneta ) was holding her and bouncing lightly on the fitness ball ... right now Aneta is on 240ml every 4 hours. But my parents had an identical problem with my sister as you do. She would only settle for awhile after a feed ( formula fed ) so they kept feeding. A GP told them that this was making it worse because the babies system had no time to " rest " because it kept getting fed. My sister is now 16 and taller than me ( hehe ).. but it did last 2 years and no one could find out what was wrong. What im trying to say is that sometimes there just is no reason for it ( or at least a reason we cant easily find ). Im wishing you heaps and heaps of patience and I hope you get some rest, if you lived in Perth - id come and watch bubs for you so you could rest

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Sorry i haven't been on here in ages, i have just finished reading everyones posts. Neeny you know where i have been again I have started Tee on solids already, not every feed though. 2 more weeks and i will have to give her her 4 month needles, definately not looking forward to that.
    I have been so tired and feeling sick lately i just don't know whats going on???
    Went to the doctors yesterday and told him that my periods haven't returned and it's been 8 weeks, so he is sending me for a whole heap of blood tests- every hormone you can think of and wait for it A PREGNANCY TEST!! All i said was i ****in better not be, honestly girls if i was pregnant again i don't know how i would handle things, fingers crossed i'm not.
    Also had Tee weighed she is now 9 pound :eek: But is very long and thin so she doesn't look 9 pound. Wow i can't believe some of your bubs are already in 00 or 0 its amazing how different each baby is in growth and development.
    I also took Tee to her first show as it was the wagga show lsat thurs and friday. We went thursday night- me, DF, Tee and my bestfriend Mel. It was so much fun except for the fact that i nearly made myself sick on the rides and paid for it the next day as it actually hurt my belly and scar...as the muscles were being used really hard without me realising but dr said that was normal as the muscles are only just getting used to being used full on again.
    Tee might get her first swim in our pool on Thursday as it's supposed to be in the 40's....i'm definetly getting in, and i bought Tee her little floating seat thing to go in the pool yesterday so obviously it was perfect timing. Except for able to go swimming i am not looking forward to the heat as both me and Tee can't handle it.
    Anyway gotta fly

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Me again. Forgot to mention Tee's latest phase. She is sucking on peoples toes, it feels so queer but i think its gross how can i stop her? :eek: :eek:

June Mummy - im crossing my fingers for you that you are not pregnant, i know what you mean though, my gosh, if i got pregnant again im sure i would have some sort of breakdown. I hope you can find out whats going on!

Ali - yes lachlan does take a dummy but at the moment he is pulling it out with his hands (accidently) but when he is upset and i try to give him a dummy he absolutely screams. Strange hey!

Enigma - come over here anyway!!!!! I would love you to come and look after him for me!! Good to know that Aneta is on 240ml. i thought i was giving him too much but id say that is how much he needs, i just dont understand why he is waking so much, surely its not hunger! i dont want him to end up overweight either!

Well, havent done much today at all, its been good, DF was watching the race at Bathurst on TV so that means a pretty boring day for me, luckily he got called out for work so now im cruising the foxtel (lachlan is asleep by the way YAY!!)

Anyway, i guess i should go and organise dinner while i have a chance.

Oh forgot to say DF got Lachlan to sleep last night, he is so proud of himself. I think its done wonders for his confidence too!

Ummm, June Mummy, how about ask people to stop sticking their toes near her face to start with???
    Dee - if the formula thing doesn't make a difference, just know that you can revert to BF, even though it might take a bit of perseverance to relactate (but might not, you never know!), if you want to go back to it. Call the ABA hotline if you do, they can get you on the right path.
    Enigma - yeah, there are worse things than your partner taking too much responsibility, but I can see how it would bug you, by the same token.
    Gotta head off to my dad's now - managed to watch another DVD this arvo Oscar's been a zen child lately...what's the catch?

June Mummy - sorry to be blunt but why are peoples toes near your babies face??

well girls this time last year i was 6 weeks pregnant & looking as stunning as ever in my wedding dress hehe!! my how so much has happened in 12months.
    we just stayed @ home today dh cooked some nicely marinated calamari & kebabs on the bbq, had some wine and watched Bathurst. did no house work which was great!

Nickers - Congratulations again this time next year you'll be remembering how Nixon was 5mths old , meanwhile he will be running around the house chatting away.. *sigh* time flies when your having fun

Dee - send us some pics of Lachlan

Nickers congratulations on your wedding anniversary - it sure has been a big year for you! First anniversary is symboised by "paper" - did you guys buy each other pressies, or was Nixon enough for ya?

Dee I can't imagine how tough it must be for you two! (or should I say three?) If it's any consolation I hear that the "difficult" babies turn into wonderful children and teenagers. Have you thought about getting some of those SWAT team sleep trainers in? They apparently come to your house and stay the night and help you through - usually they're midwives or nurses. I can hear the mission impossible music now and I have an image in my head of two or three MCHN swooping down ropes into Lachlan's room, one armed with a bunny rug the others with dummies and aromatherapy baths - dada dada, dada dada, dada dada, dada dada.....Lachlan would probably fall asleep from the shock of it all!!

IK, I would like to know where that swim teacher is working, and good work on the meeting. Like I said, you will be paving the way for other women in the CFA so you should be proud of yourself.

I am going to be really good today and do heaps of work - I have been slacking off and finding all sorts of reasons not to do it (vacuuming needs doing, oh look there's a sale on at Target, better bake some bisuits, etc). This whole working from home thing really takes discipline!! And the biggest bummer is I have this guilt hanging over my head from not doing it - sort of like the studying-procrastination guilt you get before exams. Better get on top to this today, cause the hours I "owe" are just going to keep mounting up.

ciao bellas

BTW DH just put new footage on the website of Flynn doing a stage dive off our couch - cracked me up!
    Last edited by Roryrory; October 9th, 2006 at 07:15 AM.

Hey Everyone...

We were a day early for the Thomas thing, but its going on until november, 3 weekends, so we will make the trip back up, Was a very long drive for us, and DH refuses to pay to drive of a road, so we took the long way instead of the citylink.... It was great (even if it did cost us a bit) maybe we should see about booking a carriage, it was a really nice relaxing day, maybe go in the morning, stop off at lakeside for a picnic and get a early arvo train back? Its about $30 for an adult, return. I even sat with my legs outside the window, felt like a kid again

Anneliese is Officially out of 0000's!! (except for the outfits that were 000's with a 0000's tag...) Now i need to buy more clothes, she had HEAPS as everyone send me loads of 5 and 4 0's... AT least now ill get to go shopping

Im trying to get a pic of Allie up on here, i want a new ticker, as much as i love the one of the boys and no, thats not me in with them, thats the weekend i had Anneliese, i was in hossy, thats my 20yo sister, Kellie.

Hey IK, we are looking at moving out BElgrave way, we just love it out there... And both of us will be looking to join the CFA, so good on you!

HEy to everyone i didnt get, bubs is stirring and ive gotta run

TTFN ta ta for now... xxx

Morning Junies... just catching up on the weekend posts... congratulations Nic on your anniversary sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing day. Rory: I've just noticed you've become a Platinum member... good work! Can't wait to see your avatar! IK: We must have had some kind of psychic connection on the weekend: I felt my phone vibrate with your incoming sms just as I was finishing writing mine... once again, sorry we couldn't make it but try to come in the Friday if you can... great to hear the CFA meeting went smoothly

Just briefly: Wade's party was a wonderful success; everyone came, weather perfect, games went well except for the pinata which didn't break properly and all the parents said they'd never seen one work so big hint guys: don't bother with them! Wade dealt with it all much better than anticipated... he sat serenely at the head of the table like a king with all his subjects whereas I thought he'd be dropping his bundle every 5 minutes with all the noise and chaos! The best aspect of the party was that we were able to introduce all our neighbours to each other who nearly all said to each other: "oh I recognise your face... didn't realise you lived so close" etc. Verity was EXCELLENT at helping me co-ordinate events too. Also we worried needlessly that we had under catered regarding food: the kids hardly ate anything and the adults mainly required mineral water top ups. Also the best thing we did was have Wade's Duplo train set set up... it seemed to really calm the kids down as a quiet activity option.

back later...

Great about the party, Bath! Yep, funny about the sms - I didn't even realise till your last text that you hadn't received my first one until after you sent yours! Pinatas DO work...but (he, he!) only when made my someone from Central America - all the ones we've ever had all worked a treat; not too easy, but not work for a woodchopping champion. But I'm pretty lucky to have grown up with proper pinatas, by virtue of cultural background.
    Simone - lucky you choosing the wrong day to go on Puffo - yesterday's weather would have been unpleasant with that southerly blowing! Belgrave is a lovely place to live, or surrounds (Upwey, Kallista, Sassafras etc). You just need to look at your Melways when you see a house you like and check out where the bus routes are in relation to the house, train stations, shops. You don't want to be too far away from these things, as much as that is the initial appeal...you get over that quickly! We're in a great spot here - 5 minute walk to the train and 3 different bus stops, 5 mins walk to servo or shops, can't hear the traffic from the highway unless wind direction and some truck's airbrakes coincide...and even then, barely noticeable. Go for it! My parents waited 20 years to move up here with us and realised that the area DID have the schools for us that they thought didn't exist!
    Geez it's cold in here. I'm going to find some kindling and get a fire going cos my hands are frozen.
    Ooh, have to pull the sewing machines out and learn how to thread my overlocker (b'day present that I haven't used yet) cos I bought some material on Saturday.
    Ok, the cold is moving me to action - can the wind please change to a northerly again!!!!!

SO when are we meeting? I might be able to come into the city of Friday, if that is going to be our meet, i will catch the train in from Essendon (save money on parking!!) Just say a time and location...

And IK, how much does it cost to rent a house up there?? We're looking at moving around April, May next year, when our lease is up. They want to put the rent up to $250 a week, and the house is a dump, with a nice garden!! So we're outta here...
    Last edited by simone; October 9th, 2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: additions...

Well Lockies birthday went well he loved the cake so will send a email to show you all how it went. He loved his bike and got some swimmers and clothes and some connectable monsters.

Well we took Kailen to the doctors on Saturday morning and he has to have more antibiotics and his mid right lung is partially collasped so he has some medicine for that as well not happy, we have to go back to the Drs on Thursday arvo after school to see how its all going.

Cody has a slight cough and a bit of mucous in the back of his throat so hopefully he's not getting the start of this chest infection that start slowly on Kailen.

Be back later.

hugs xoxo

I have heard that rent is medium to high and if you want to move from your area then start seriously looking now...cos rental property demand is high and supply is low! I never rented around here (got lucky and found a DP who had his own house, so moved from my parents' to here!), but I have heard about the situation and friends of ours just rented out their house while they are overseas - they had to choose between 3 or 4 serious contenders!
    Rory - your kitchen is FABULOUS! Good work DH!
    I might make tentative plans to meet up in Melb Central on Friday, too
    My throat is clearing - it's a bit sore, but that could be from trying to sing to Oscar on the way and way back from Lilydale to keep him content. The stuff coming up now isn't even coming up violently anymore, and a lot (TMI warning) came up in the shower probably irritated by the steam. So, if you've got a gunky throat, steam it out!
    Oscar is asleep in the HAB again and I'm getting my fire going.
    Dinner with my dad was lovely last night, although I was a bit late and it was a bit overcooked, so I felt really bad about that. I also felt bad cos DP spent most of the night playing games on his new phone. He reckons my dad is unengaging, but I NEVER complain about spending time at his mum's (ok, so lately that has been absolutely minimal!) or the hours we've spent going over his family photos and talking about his family tree. Last night my dad was the most forthcoming he's been about his sad childhood after his mother died and was explaining what happened to his maternal family and where they are in the world now...I loved it, but DP was bored...poor DP, boo hoo! He doesn't like being made to feel bad and he was trying hard to clear himself on the way home and justify his phone playing. My dad is the most harmless person ever, and tries really hard to engage DP (neither of them are the biggest social butterflies), so I feel terrible that my dad might be offended by DP (and I fear he might well be). Honestly, I'd rather leave him at home, and as further punishment make him organise his own dinner. My dad doesn't deserve that. That's my whinge.
    Ok, fire...must feed it!

I agree IK...Rory: well done DH on your renovated kitchen! Is that you standing there? Great to put a face to the name

Also IK; that IS very poor form playing phone games at your dad's... its a worse reflection on his character than on your dad and his apparent inability to "engage" your DP. I was always told by my parents: "only boring people get bored" when I moaned and groaned as a child... so I quickly learnt to get interested in adult conversation! it's one of the things I'll no doubt be saying to my children: "in my day... had to sit quietly... seen and not heard" etc etc LOL We are certainly raising a very different generation these days.

Been out gardening. Not going to bother trying to get Wade to nap today... he can go to bed early tonight instead... I tend to get more housework done after tea when verity and Wade are in bed anyhow.

Lunchtime... what to have? blew the budget so severely on the party that I said to DH that we would have to survive on party food for the rest of the week LOL Ok for him with his corporate lunches and catered function on Wednesday night... looks like toasted cheese sandwiches for me....

ETA: Oh sorry Simone! We're meeting this Friday at noon (?) at Melbourne Central at Borders (cafe). Is that ok Melbourne Junies?

ETA: I'm adding piccy's of my childhood to my photobucket site... there's one of me about to head off for my first day at school which illustrates my point about being brought up quite rigidly. Oh and there's also one of me feeding the dolphins at SeaWorld in about 1978! Neeny... you might be interested to see how much that's changed!!!

Hi Guys just a quick one as I am trying to get 100 thigns done today.
    I have just added some photos to my site of Tori and I with Tanya (Tulip) and Lucas from our meet up last friday.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast