Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #12

#karen# Guest

Thanks everyone for your support, I am still feeding , still wondering, as jaspen and Bath said the convenience in middle of the night is a big drawcard, will hang in there and just see how i go.
    IK - glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better
    Bath - all the best for the party, re losing weight - i seem to be putting it on My tummy is getting bigger it seems. I had better take a test just to make sure. Those who are bf has af returned?
    Jess - good to hear from you again
    Neeny - glad Aleise has settled in to daycare
    Rory - I know I don't seem to produce as much if I don't drink enough water. Glad you enjoyed your night out.
    Wow Candy, seems like everything is falling into place
    Ali - enjoy your quiet time - I think you might be right about that age thing after a week of feeding often during night Nathan slept 8 hrs last night and is having a big sleep today
    Ceecee - I'm proud of you too, good on you for persisting
    Nicole - so glad to hear Nixon is doing well and that solids are helping, i think you've done a great job to persist with bf and expressing for so long considering the obstacles
    Jo - you have to do what's best for Freya it's wonderful she enjoyed her rice cereal. Oooh our little babies are growing up

*groan* ...it's never ending... preparations for this party... have spent way more than I wanted to but it's just a traditional affair, nothing flash except the cake (made-to-order for 40 people at $137 will post a piccy of it next week). Just finished making the "pass the parcel" and the Jelly "****tails": blue jelly with two lollie frogs and those little ****tail umbrellas - kids love them, believe me LOL Wade didn't nap today and I've been constantly shooshing him off the rose gardens where he has been tossing the new wood chip mulch onto the paths grrrrr Now BooBah is on thank goodness!

You've all done such mammoth personals latley! I can't manage it... however it's great to see some AWOL Junies back in here: Bellasmum and Jo... oh and Nic: regarding the meetup: I'll be able to stop and chat for about an hour so try to come in I also have a MCHN appointment that morning so will be pushing it a bit with the boys but you're right; we've been trying to organise this for ages... we just gotta do it! I've got to make sure i have everything for the races the next day but I'm thinking I might just wear what I wore last year, stuff it, only a few people will know... and it's a gorgeous outfit that I have all the bits and pieces for... plus after spending so much on Wade's party I gotta economise somewhere!

Rolling over: Niall isn't doing it yet... his startle reflex is still very strong and I reckon he'd probably cry if he did it by accident! He'd push that lower lip up and howl with his little tongue vibrating in that cute way it does LOL awww mean mummy!

ok... what next? Gotta organise the party music...

ETA: oh and congratulations on your job Candy! FDC is certainly a better option regarding catching less bugs than at a creche... also if you have a good carer it's much nicer in terms of personalised care... I used FDC when Verity was about 2.5yo for when I had partime work. She seemed to love it. Just observe Ryan really closely when you drop him off to see if he feels happy there... and take it seriously if he is consistently unhappy about being dropped off there. Anyhow well done! I hope the transition goes smoothly

ETA again for Karen: no AF hasn't returned yet... another bonus of BFing... but my back's killing me!

I'm still part BF and AF still hasn't returned....

I am still BF and AF returned about 4 weeks ago

I'm still BF and AF hasn't returned.

i'm still part bf and af returned 4 weeks ago. (hasnt been back yet)
    (at the time was all bf or ebm.)

Cee_Cee99 Guest

BF and no AF, however mine was not that regular pre Ally. In fact I needed to go to a Chinesse herbalist to ovulate on time.. I took this disgusting tea each night that I made in a pokra and SUNK the house out, but it worked!!!!!

Been out all day (well, now it's well after midnight, so good morning all!), but here's a precis:
    Happy 3 months for Ally for yesterday (well, two days ago now)!!
    BF no AF but I'm also on the mini pill...but I don't think I'm ovulating anyway cos I'm BFing on demand
    Thanks for your support re: this 'boys club' meeting. I've got no other reason to take Oscar than because I'm BFing him, and I'm not sure what other point I would have to make other than that, so that IS my principle, i.e. I'm lactating and exclusively BFing Oscar, why do I need to put myself out and deprive Oscar of a fresh feed when it really should be simple enough to take him with me and feed him when he gets hungry. If he grizzles then I take him out of the room, settle him in the HAB and go back in. If I don't take him I have to leave the room anyway to express into a toilet bowl!
    Feeling HEAPS better, just still have a persistent bit of phlegm that keeps sliding back down my throat at the last moment before I'm nearly free of it...Oscar has the same! But no temps, no headaches, no heavy head feeling - it's great!
    going to help DP crack his back and then we're all off to bed (Oscar is sleeping in HAB, so I'll have to do the 'slide').

Cee_Cee99 Guest

IK - yeah, good decision. Please let us know how it goes. Glad your cold is better, did you ever get to drink that ginger tea?

I can't belive Ally is 3 months old. What happens now? I feel I know everything (well a lot) about newborns, now she is a baby it is a whole new world.

Gawd, it is 3am, I can't sleep. Ally woke at 1.30am for a feed and I've been up ever since. Does this happen to anyone else? It happens to me almost every night now. At least tonight I've decided to get onto BB rather than lay there awake all night...

I would clean but it could wake Ally up (he hee). Well, not much happening here, may go read some birth stories to remind me not to get pregnant for a while longer... He hee
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 7th, 2006 at 09:35 AM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Finally got to sleep at 4.30, of course Ally woke at 5am for a feed and of course her nappy had not worked and soaked through her clothes so had to do the big change but then my wonderful DH took her till 8.30am. He told me he took her on the Bondi to Bronte walk, then to the Sydney Fish Markets (to buy us salmon steaks for dinner). He is great (however he did forget to take her hat which I was a bit upset about - I wonder why most men just don't think about things like that?) oh well, did not want to say too much as he does a great job and I would go insane if I did not have him to help me with the morning shift!

Jess - good to see you on line, we were wondering how you have been.

Jo - re: solids - nah, I'm sure no one thinks your strange for starting solids a tad early. Each to their own, we know you are a good Mum and that is all we are about. Also if you can't share here then were can you go?

Candy - I'm so happy you have found a place in FDC, my sisters boys LOVED their care.

Baths - sorry your back is so sore. What do you use to feed? Have you seen those pillows "by breast friend" I was thinking of buying one for my back. Is the party today or tomorrow? Hope it all goes well (you too Amanda - you and your boys need a party after this week!)

Well, off to Centennial Park to meet some friends, chat tomorrow.

hey girlies, just a quickie, we're off to the thomas train at Puffin' Billy... I think someone mentioned they were going, if you wanna catch up for a bit and meet my number is 0432225633. (i dont mind posting it on here) talk to you guys tomorrow, will finally be able to catch up on the 3 or 4 pages ive missed d'oh!!

TTFN ta ta for now!! xx

Also, im BF on demand, and im not sure if AF is back yet, i had 4 days of heavyu bleeding then nothing, about 1 month after Allie was born, but im thinking if was just retained blood (tmi!!) Hasnt been back yet. YAY!!

morning Junies :- )

They've ( my parents ) taken Aneta for a walk again , so instead of stressing I'll do some personals here : -)

Us - we have hit a record !! Aneta slept 12 hours and 10 minutes last night , woke up for a mega feed ( 250ml ) and went back to sleep for another hour ... and what does she do when i bring her into the living room? yawn hehe..
    Other than that, she keeps growing too fast , we are now into 0 sized clothes, and very heavy the CHCN toldus she is above average in length and weight so it looks like she'll be tall like DH

DH and I had a few fights over the last few weeks. The issue is that he takes over ALL the responsibility, I dont even feel like im the mother. They have bonded really well, and I have felt a bit left out . The poor guy just thought he was helping me out - but i want the extra responsibility and stress! Phew! at least now he understands :- )

Geeky ( Candy ) - no personals for you , I say everything on msn hehe :- ) Im excited about your wedding tho!

Ali - maybe one day I will actually be able to make it to one of those Perth meet-ups , till then keep saying hi from me to anyone who knows of me there I like your idea of picnics, we have been getting such nice weather I think we might copy you today and go on a picnic too . ( but all i'll take is 2 spoons and a jar of nutella )

CC - sorry to hear you didnt sleep well. When Aneta was younger id have the same problem. She was sleeping soundly and I would sit and wait for her to wake up , the first few times she slept through the night, I actually sat through the night and waited. It was soooo tiring I was a zombie afterwards , so I completely understand you.
    *This is just my opinion!!* But we never wake Aneta when she is sleeping , I used to wake her for a feed when she slept too long, but the CHCN told me that if a baby is healthy it will let you know when it is hungry , it wont sleep through it. But hey, we all have our methods

Rory - as soon as I get my act together im going to check out your website and see how your little munchkin has grown

Nickers - hey you Hows everything going?? We leave on the 27th of Jan. And believe it or not im actually looking forward to it. My family ( read:mum ) is going to make my marriage self destruct so we need to get away. DH mum ( who is very nice ) has a slight depression , she hasnt met Aneta yet - so Im sure when she meets her she will feel much better.. Hows Nixon going? Well done on your wedding anniversary !

Jo - listen to yourself and no one else. Back in time, they used to start babies on solids much earlier than now. No child is a textbook child. So obviously your baby is now ready for the cereal, and it might help with the reflux issue too. I cant wait to see what Aneta will be like on solids , I was thinking of starting now too ..but we established 5mths so iąll have to wait till then

Karen - im a bit behind , but have u switched to formula? if so how is it going ? im all for it!

Bath - im a bit delayed but HAPPY BIRTHDAY WADE !!!

Jess- good to see you on here , how is everything with DH?

IK - how are you and Oscar feeling?

ok, a huuuuuuge hello to everyone I havent mentioned !!! Now where the hell are my parents! I miss my baby

Hi All,

just added some pics of Nixon's first swimming lesson thismorning! He was so breezy about the whole thing, just relaxed, went with the flow it was fun! The others started last week so was their 2nd lesson. We started our own little group with babies from mothers group so good we all know each other and dads come to (some of them swim with bubs)
    Wow Enigma Aneta is in 0 good stuff! Nixon is kinda getting between 000 & 00 now, got a nice little summery 00 on today which fits quiet well, but then other 000 still fit him well to. Think its all depending on what brand.

Simone have fun today, must go there one day, heard about it but yet to go.
    CeeCee- bummer you couldnt get back to sleep thismorning, LOL about what to do with a baby!
    IK how long u been on the mini pill? Did u think your supply went down when u first started taking it? I have it but havent wanted to take it yet cause i heard your supply can go down??

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone - ohhh sound like your boys are going to have an excellent day!

Enigma - wow, what a good personals list! Sorry your Mum is driving you batty... I think my MIL will drive me batty, they are currently living OS, but are moving here in 6 weeks... how long are you going for? It is Denmark isn't it?

Oh that reminds me FIL had heart surgery and is fine now...So all good.

Baby girl is alseep going to nap myself - will catch up later

Nickers I love the pix of Nixon in the highchair, and the ones of him swimming have inspired me to look for baby swm classes in my area. On that point, IK, LOL about the Nazi swim coach! It sounds like she might subscribe to the Laurie Lawrence school of water-familiarisation in that you should start ASAP. We have been training Flynn since about 2 weeks to have his face under water (we warn him it is coming by saying "Flynn, ready, GO!" and that apparently conditions bubs to get used to and expect water on their face).

Bath, turns out the Peg Perego does recline - it means we can have Flynn at our level while eating dinner instead of on the floor in his rocker chair.

Hey Enigma, if its any consolation about your DH "over functioning", my BIL "under functioned" and IMO was totally useless with his son until he was about 3. So I guess at least now you can train DH to back off a bit and still have help, unlike my poor SIL who ended up being called back from the movies when our nephew was 3 months old because BIL couldn't settle him (he was bottle fed so lack of boobies was not the problem). I told my DH that I would kill him if he was ever so bloody useless with our kid and thankfully for me my DH is marvellous with Flynn, so much so that he sometimes is more "right" than me in reading Flynn's mood and needs.

CeeCee, it sounds like your DH is just as great as mine in the baby-wrangling dept!

Best go - bubba is asleep and I must have breakfast before he wakes

ciao bellas

hey guys,

Well, the long weekend with DF's family wasnt too bad but lachlan was very unsettled by the end of it(i expected that to happen anyway)
    Mum came down from sydney to stay with me through the week which was a big help too.

Lachlan is still unsettled, i have been giving him a bottle of Reflux formula (thicker than normal formula) and he has been drinking about 200ml then still waking up 2 hours later for another feed, surely he cant be hungry, am i doing the wrong thing by feeding him?
    its just at that time of the night i really dont want to be doing laps of the loungeroom trying to settle him and i know that feeding him will probably put him to sleep anyway.

I still dont have AF but, i have been feeling a bit crampy the last few days so who knows!!

Nickers - I have been thinking of doing the swimming lesson thing too, we live right near the water so i need him to be able to swim. Im thinking of taking him in the summer.

Bath - How did the party go?? There is no way i would be able to organise one of those at the moment!

enigma - 12hours and 10 mins????? Im sooooo Jealous!!!!!

Cee Cee - your DH sounds like an angel, i too would be upset about the hat but men just dont think like us and your probably best not to say anything.

Well, im off to get as much as i possibly can while Lachlan is asleep, i think i have about 25 mins left (he only sleeps for 40 mins at a time!!)

Big hello to everyone i havent mentioned!!

Having a really enjoyable relaxing weekend here, yesterday DH, Tori and I all went for a 2 hour nap to catch up on some much needed sleep. Lst night we made pizza and had a glass of wine and some icecream for dessert and just vegged out. SIL came over for dinner and we did some work on MIL bday present, all in all a nice relaxing evening.

Dee- Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles- I am sure that you are not doing the wrong thing by feeding him, I would probably be doing the same thing in the middle of the night (and often do when Tori wakes up in the night) Does Lachlan take a dummy (although I am sure it is something that you have already tried, but if he doesnt it may help him to settle)?

Anyway I had better go and have a shower and get dressed before it is afternoon, might find the motivation to do something today (or might not)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast