Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #13

HEy ladies...

Once again, i just feel BLAH!! i have a few loads of washing (at least), a messy kitchen, and [email protected] EVERYWHERE in the lounge, and DH had a bath this morning, and overfilled it... even though we have a bath mat, he always uses at least 2 towels on the floor grrrr... so i have to clean that up too

He only has one more week of work left, and 2 weeks til pay day (just the way the agency that pays him works) and we have no food and no money, no petrol... I hate being like this. I went behind DH's back last night and spoke to his FIL, explaining the situation and how we might need some financial help... He was really good about it. DH was p!ssed, but he knows we need the help. i hate being like this, im so stupid to be even THINKING about another, iv gotta feed the ones iv got first...

Sorry to spill it all out, DH is really ashamed and wont let me tell anyone, FIL is the only one in the family who knows... It just sucks.

and bath is adding me to the junies, all those that want to add me my addy is simone underscore pitcher at hotmail dot com (you know the drill!!)

Hey KL if i dont take it on time i go dizzy for about 5 mins then pass out. i hate it, but it seems to be working, i need it... And with the kids/family tradition thing, it goes boy/boy/girl/boy/boy in dh's family. noone's ever gone past 5, so i suppose ill find out one day!!
    Last edited by simone; October 11th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Candy that definately sounds worthy of a complaint... did you incur any expenses in the process of your application? Preparing a resume? Fuel costs? Some would have even probably paid for childcare to attend their interview... it's not fair at all! However I guess Rory would have a better idea about what to do... I understand why you are fuming!

IK: yeah, I have this personality that will happily get on with a drudgy task until somebody tells me to do it LOL I'll be "good" today unless the heat gets to me. Good to see you've got yourself a ticker piccy... another strong lad there! Red eye is a non-issue. Has Oscar taken to shuffling backwards yet? Niall is moving backwards now which is consistent with what his siblings did at this age (I can compare on the calendars I kept for them all)... it's just a slithering backwards movement that often takes him under the blankets... gotta watch out he doesn't smother.

Simone: sending you those lists soon. ETA: sorry I missed your last post... catching up now.... (read it now) You've just described my house too! No doubt Verity has left her wet towels on her bathroom floor too. And I can understand about the shame of being in financial dire straits... happens to us periodically... we max out our credit card with verity's school fees and have to live on next-to-nothing until DH gets some kind of bonus or something else miraculous happens LOL We've come pretty close to asking for help too but managed to scrape through somehow... actually things are pretty tight now but at least we know that DH will definately be getting a healthy bonus in November... but if something unexpected were to happen eg to the car we'd be stuffed. Anyhow we'll have to be good in the city on Friday and encourage each other not to spend any money unecessarily!

Need to give Wade his egg...

Just cirous, if you dont mind me asking, what happened candy??

I'll forward the email simone (from Candy)... I'm sure she won't mind (?)

Thanks bath... Candy, im not sure what you could do, but Im sorry. All that comes out of it is they miss out on a great woman. And you got a better off out of Telstra Hope this works out for you

Wow busy few days in here!

Well we finally did it, we went out on Monday night and left Tori at home for the first time (well left her at mum and dad's) and althought i was a bit anxious to start with I eventually relaxed and had a great time. Tori fell asleep about 10 mins after we left and was still asleep when we got home so that was awesome.

Candy- That is really wrong, I think that in the advertisment it should have been stated that it was a non-ongoing position. I would be really annoyed too, especially when you had taken the time to apply for the job and go to the interview, which it seems you wouldnt have bothered doing if you knew it wasnt a permenant job! Glad to hear that you got a better offer from Telstra though.

Rory- I hope you enjoyed your domestic goddess moment of cooking! Your DH sounds like a really handy fellow to have around. My DH is the same though, why pay lots for something when he can do it himself - atm he is busy rigging reticulation up in our back yard to water our herb garden and veggie patches.

Cee-Cee- Mum's and bubs yoga sounds like fun, I did a mums and babies water aerobics class but didnt like it much, didnt find the work out very challenging and you actualley only have the babies in for 15 mins, get out settle them and then leave them on the side of the pool in their prams while you do your workout.

Dee- Glad to hear that you had a relaxing and well deserved break, there is nothing like recharging the batteries with a break away from home.

Amanda- Sorry to hear that the boys still arent well. I can't imagine having a house full of sick kids, hopefully they are better soon, and you can get a chance to rest and relax.

Nic- I hope you had a great wedding anniversary. we orignally had our wedding booked for 8th Oct last year, but that was before I realised that they had moved the shcool holidays and it wasnt going to be in the holidays at all, so we had to change it.

Bath- I love indian curries, my Fav is Aloo Palak which is spinach and potato I think. I think some of the best meals are ones that you make up with things in the pantry. We are actualley just about down to pantry stocks as well this week, I tried fortnightly shopping again and looks like I failed miserably this time, might just go back to weekly.

Next Baby- I would love a little boy- but of course would be happy with a girl as well. We will start trying from Oct on next year (and if it was anything like this time won't have long to wait). Ideally I would like three but will just have ot look at the financial side of things after having 2.

I hope that everyone else is well, and that you Melb girls enjoy your meet on Friday- Make sure someone takes a camera because the rest of us would love to see pics.

Yep... I'll take my dig camera... we'll have to ask some complete stranger to take a piccy of us all... although my DH might want to stop by briefly and he could take one I guess... we usually meet up when i go in to Melb. central.

Just had an ice cream cone for morning tea... going to defrost the freezer soon... perfect day for it (31'C). Also very windy... hope there's not too many fires IK.

Oscar is asleep...in the bassinette! He's nestled in the luxurious lambskin and I've got a load of washing nearly done, more nappies folded, hair washed (I'm wearing a summer dress and yeah, I've now got mummy boobs, but I reckon I've never looked better in it cos I bought it in winter before I put on all that depo weight!), and I've even written most of the lyrics of a song for Oscar! In the background is the DVD of The Corrs in Geneva - maybe he likes them and it's keeping him asleep!
    Yep, lovely day. Don't know about fires...scanner is off...but I"m sure there are plenty of busy brigades.
    I won two dresses on eBay last night - both summery, the most expensive is $35 all up. It's a wrap with half sleeves and a bit shirt style, so I think it's my going out dress. The other is 70's style and is probably made of 100% nylon but I won't know till it's here and it's costing a total of $10.50.
    What will I lunch on????

littlerigger Guest

Just had such a huge scare!!

I put Ryan down in the middle of our bed, like I always do to go to the loo, and he rolled all the way across the bed and OFF!!!! I can running out of the ensuite terrified. My heart is still racing now. Hes fine, only cried for a minute but enough to terrify me! He's not hurt at all, I think he just scared himself but he's never rolled that far, that fast!!!!! So from now on, he's going in his cot and I'm using the guest toilet!!!

Geez, Candy! I have thought that Oscar will be capable of that soon and that my days of leaving him on the bed are numbered. He's already keeling right over on the couch, so he doesn't get left there anymore. I was thinking that we might have to lop the legs off the futon cos we got it full height to keep the dog off...now we need to keep the baby on!
    I'd take Oscar outside for some nappy free time, but it's so windy I don't want twigs or branches falling on him!
    I've still only got one leg waxed...I could push my luck and see if Oscar sleeps for long enough to do the second one...
    Hi Ali - good one on getting out on your own! I still miss Oscar too much to leave him for too long - he's my shadow
    Now, about lunch...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rory - hope your muffins worked out well. have you seen those new muffin tins that look like plastic? I want to try them but they are pretty expensive.

IK - the new fold has a LOT more material in the front were the pee is, and I think it fits so much better. But you do need a snappy (they are only $4). what do you use if you don't use a snappy? I just bought some "cleverpants" nappy covers, they look so cute. Can't wait to get them in the mail.

Ali - yeah on your night out... I'm more than a tad jealous!

Candy - off to go read your email!is the new job with telstra or sensis? WOW about the roll, Ally can't even do one side yet,but I will have to start watching out for it.

Simone - sorry to hear about your money probs. Such a horruble stress i know! Hugs

Me - quiet day at home. Did a load of nappies, walked the dog, and now I'm going to pay all our bills - blah. Unless Ally wakes up (sending vibes to baby to wake up!):-)Tomorrow I'm going to the 'crying room' at the cinema with the gals from the mothers group. Should be fun!
    PS: Any AFL demonds supports? they are having a sale on. I just bought DH all the gear for his birthday next week - saved about $50! Now, just have to beat him to the mailman!

Cee Cee - I was using Puppy Winks nappy snaps but with the folds we were using they weren't really working, then on a thread here I learned that i didn't need snaps at all - I could just tuck the ends of the newborn fold in and put a cover or snib on. Same with triangle fold. With the new fold I'm back to the nappy snaps but they don't hold the greatest, so the cover has to do most of the work! I need to get more covers cos apart from the one on him now, the rest are in the wash. They dry quickly, though. We're not using terries yet. Have to get some packets, but I'd like to get coloured ones where possible cos they are so damn cute!
    As windy as it is I might walk up to the shops to get some supplies. Not sure if I should bother with the buggy and just sit the boy facing out in the HAB and bring my shopping cart.
    Really enjoying the Corrs DVD! Makes me long for a gig and some new material My voice is actually sounding alright but my tonsils are making it hurt to sing, grrr...
    Ooooh, me me me me - Hi everyone, hope you're having a good day!

I know Candy I still feel sick as i recall both Verity's and Wade's falls... both off their change tables! ie twice as high as our bed at the time... but at least carpeted. They were both at about this age too... caught me by surprise because i didn't realise they could roll that dramatically...and I was only about 2 steps away on both occassions. I saw Wade fall... didn't see Verity. Wade happened in slow motion... I was horrified to observe that even though he rolled off completely horizontal he actually fell head first (due to the weight distribution I guess, head heavier than legs). DH saw it as well... I think I was helping him with his suit or something. I screamed and my heart didn't stop thumping for ages. Wade howled more because of my scream than the pain I think.... although he must have got a fright. I'm determined that Niall will NOT fall off the change table! Not going as far as strapping him on (that's impractical) but I will simply keep a hand on him at all times especially as I turn around to the tall boy behind me to get a fresh set of clothes. Some people change their bubs on the floor but it's just too back breaking.... the table is the best place I just need to be not stupid and walk away. There is also an ensuite off the nursery so at least if I need to use the bathroom he's nice and close in the cot.

Simone: just emailed the contact lists.

Oh and I just had a toasted sandwich for lunch... not much else to choose from would rather some rice paper rolls with Vietnamese mint and sweet chilli dipping sauce... and a strawberry dacquerie (sp?) to finish off.... oh well... there will be yummy things at the races... the bank wouldn't dare offer rubbish to their precious clients... last year the array was astounding... delicate morsels of the most exquisite international fare... mini everything: peking duck, mini gourmet fish and shoe-string hand cut chips in paper cones with artfully arranged "salad" of rocket and a gorgeous dijonaisse dressing.... DH is ringing around now to give away the last set of tickets to clients in his legal set I almost said "invite Rory!" I'm sure she would inject a bit of fun into the day

I supose i should change my ticker pics too (soon i promise!)
    speaking of juggling more then one. Went to Mums bubs aerobics & it was the instructors last day (34wks pg) the lady taking over was telling us how she had 4 under 4. 2 boys then fell pg with twins! just listening to how she juggled it & how she said yes it is hard & u think back how the hell did i do that but at the time u just do it!
    Id looovvvveeee a little girl!! if next one is a boy thats good too, then i think id def want to try for a 3rd. If next is a girl i'd prob be happy with 2 for a while.

Karen- Nixon is having 5 feeds a day, i am bf anywhere between 2-3 of those feeds. I found it was the early arvo & last feed i was having problems with so this is when i am expressing and bottleing. (some nights he has on FF bottle if i haven't expressed enough) i just cannot predict if he was want to take my boob at any one feed so if i am out i will take EBM with me for JIC.

Rory- U have a very Handy DH! wish mine was so good on stuff like that it takes approx 3 months and many asks to get a frame put on the wall around here!

Hey ladies

Just a quick one over here, went to shops this morning to pay my rego, and ended up just "wandering" for about 3 hours... I didnt want to come home, i know i have to clean the house... im such a procrastinator!!

Looking forward to the meet on fri, will definately have to get pics, beat the perth guys cafe meet the other week Those pics were great ali, you guys all looked great!

Hi Everyone,

I am still alive!!! Just very busy with the babies and with Mia as it is school hols here!

Jack is rolling over now. I cant believe it. He is still so tiny for his age and he is so lazy but the other day...over he went!!! No more lying on the bed for you Jacky boy!!

Charlee is just the most teeny weeny pretty little thing ever. BUT LOUD!!! My lord she has a set of lungs. Her favourite trick is to lie on the floor and just squeal and squeal and squeal!!! She is so full of character.

both are eating te at night. I recommend beef, pumpkin and potato in the can. they both took to it immediately. And for dessert they just love Apple and oatmeal.

I hope everyone is well I will try my best to catch up soon!!!

Take care everyone

Love Kel

Kel u have esp! i was thinking of u thismorning & then thinking "wouldnt it b funny if she posts today after i thought of her LOL) u popped into my head thinking how well u went to carry Jack & Charlee to 37w. My gfriend is 34w now with twins and same thing happened to me happened to her ruptured membraines, went to hosp yesterday so could go anytime now)
    glad u r all well. yay 4 jack rolling! how big r they now? got any more pics for us?!

ETA: Racs & Ronan won't be able to make our meet up this Friday she's bummed she cannot make it so hopefully we do it again shortly after & they can make it.

Wow there is going to be a huge group of us on Friday! Pity Racs and Ronan can't make it though - would have like to have met Baby Junie Number 1!

Kel I was wondering what you were up to - I can't believe your bubs are already on solids - way to go! I have a MCHN appointment tomorrow and I kinda get the feeling she is going to recommend Flynn starts on solids. She was concerned that he didn't "have enough rolls" of fat, cause he only put on 500g in the previous month. I don want to try to exclusively BF till six months, cause that will get me through most of the hayfever season (I get bad hayfever and want to avoid it in Flynn if possible). I think if she recs solids I will seek a second opinion - maybe from the ABA.

Simone, if you live in Tullamarine it might be closer for you to drive to Glenroy station and park there. If you take the ring road and get off at pascoe vale road, it will be highway most of the way and use less fuel with little stop-start traffic. I know for sure it will be easier to park at Glenroy than Essendon too.

Falls - I am dreading Flynn falling of something, particularly cause I have already used up my "free chance" (SIL reckons you get one "free chance" per kid - mine was when I nearly burnt Flynn under the hot tap a month ago).

Bath, the whole corporate catering thing can get really insane. A few years ago Melbourne hosted the Commonwealth Law Conference (it was a blast, lawyers from Canada, Sri Lanka, Africa, UK - all "common law" countries - great to have something in common with such a diverse bunch) and it was hosted at the Melb convention Centre. They had a ****tail function and I have never seen such amazing finger food. There were tables laden with petit fours the size of a matchbox, chefs cooking stirfry on the spot and serving it in little noodle boxes - just insane.

Nappy covers - I bought and loved "Bummis" when Flynn was in clothies. They were expensive $16.50 each) and I stupidly bought 10 or 12 (on reccommendation of a friend who used them) - but they were fantastic and really kept the "stuff" in. I don't use em anymore and might try to ebay them for $10 each - anyone interested?

Better get to it - after a lovely picnic in the park with mothers group I have to earn my keep and do some "work work". Can't complain, though - I actualy like drafting leases (nerd alert!!)

ciao bellas

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast