Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #13

Where is everyone?? No running commentary from bath, no little messages from everyone... im so Lonely!!!

Hi Simone, fret not! OK, so it looks like between 12 and 1 either at Borders or at the clock. Oooh, Oscar's second train trip! I wonder if I'll bother with the buggy, or just sling it...
    I'm watching a Peter, Paul and Mary DVD - borrowed it from the library. I LOVE PP&M! I grew up listening to my dad play their music.
    Fabulous day again here. Will have to hang the nappies. I haven't seen my horse in over a week, but I'm also still coughing and coughing up nasties, so I might wait till that settles a bit more, or I'll never get better. Maybe early tomorrow I'll go.
    Oscar asleep in HAB (that's getting repetitive, isn't it?). He doesn't usually poo whilst lying down, but we had a blow out sicho this morning - must have had some power behind it (actually, yeah, I felt the vibrations in the bed!) cos he had a disposable on and they are usually blow out proof!
    Gonna email you now, Rory, cos I got the brochure about Baby Swim today...

hey IK, Anneliese will be in her sling as she sleeps better...
    She sleeps great during the day in her vibrating bouncer, but i think thats too big to cart into the city... buggar!

hehe... I'm all talked out from PlayGroup this morning

Wade's not napping and I've only just got Niall to sleep... also just placed another order for In-Liven & Fast Tract.

trying to do 10 things at once... gotta get some wshing on the line... haven't had lunch... house a disaster zone... will mainly be just lurking in here this arvo if that's ok

Oh and yeah... any time between 12 and 1pm... Nic and I will probably get there (Borders) at 10 past 12 if we catch the 11.43.

I have no idea which train to catch, rory, just let me know which one your on, and i can meet you on it... Which station do you get on at? you wont be able to miss me, im the crazy woman with 3 young kids lol

LOL Simone - in the post I lost yesterday I just finished typing "should I look out for the domestic goddess with three cherubs or the mad woman who deserves a medal"!!I will be on the 11.18am train, getting on at Glenroy. It swings via Essendon at 11.28 and gets to Melb Central just before noon. We should meet up in the first carriage. Oooh I am looking forward to it!

Bath my house is a disaster zone too - there are little bits of stuff to be put away everywhere - you really have to be hyper vigillant to have aneat house. And I have wasted my best cleaning time - Flynn as been asleep since 12.30 (its now 2pm)
    I think once he wakes up I will head out for a little grocery shopping - my mothers group are having a picnic tomorrow so I need to make sure I have supplies.

Amanda, reading your posts about sick kids has really got me thinking about having more than one kid. I will definately have at least two, maybe three, and think we will start trying as soon as AF appears. But I have really thought the last few days about how busy life will be - now I only have Flynn, work and house to worry about, but pretty soon it will be Flynn has a cold, baby number two is teething, work is busy, house needs cleaning, baby number three is on the way - phew! I was having a discussion about this with DH the other day, in the context of me working from home, and I said I needed to "ease into it". He disagreed and said I should be trying to get used to firing on all clinders ASAP because it would only better prepare me for life when it gets really busy (note: this was said by DH in the context of Flynn, a baby who is absolutely fake in how placid he is, and in face of me who has so far found the whole baby/pregnancy thing a walk in the park). I think he is right though - we have absolutely no guarantees the next pg or baby will be as easy (in fact I think the Baby Gods only let you off the hook once!), and I think I should use this "lull period" to psych myself in readiness for the next stage. Do you mums with more than one agree?

gotta go - i hear his master's voice!

I, too, wonder when my 'luck' will run out, Rory! Will Oscar turn a corner, or will the next one be a horror? Do I really want to try for 4 or 5??? I will try to make things a bit easier on everybody, though, and try to stretch it till Oscar's about 2 and a half before we start giving another one a go. By then I'll know more what Oscar's made of and he'll be more independent in play. It's a long time between drinks, but we'll see how we go. It also ties into my study/qualification plans.
    Simone, I have a vibrating bouncer, too, but I get about 10 minutes out of Oscar on it! The HAB is still going strong as a 'trick'.
    OK, off again...

#karen# Guest

Amanda and Bath - glad the parties went well .
    I hope all your treasures feel better soon Amanda, it must be exhausting for you.
    Heaven - good to see you back, was it nathan that had oral thrush? I read where if you have a history of thrush it increases the likelihood of bubs getting oral thrush. Also it can occur after having a cracked nipple.
    Welcome back mizzsocial.
    Well I too am in the pregnant bride club, mind you it was over 10 years ago now.
    Enigma - I'm still bf at moment, just taking it a day at a time, will see how I go, but will speak to MCHN about how to go about weaning. I'm supposing a day feed might be best to drop 1st? I don't want to wake up sore and engorged if I make it the last feed. What have others done?
    Alls going well here. Nathans cradle cap is getting worse tho, covering the whole top of his head was there a moogoo product for that or has anyone found something good for cradle cap?
    Enjoy your meetup on friday ladies.

Life is hectic with more than 1, you just need to have a routine (well, thats what i've been told, who needs routine when you can just go wit the flow....) My house is a trash, i woudlnt worry about it. DH told me he's cook dinner and do the dishes... I ate last night, and the kitchen's still trashed...

Anyway, just got a call from DH, he slipped over at work, looks like concussion so i have to get him... Bloody Moore's!! We're just in the wars lately!!

hey #karen# my mum used to put baby oil over our heads over night (just put a towel in the cot/basinette) and massage it in the morning, before washing their hair. That what mum did for all 6 of us, so its tried and tested... you could always google natural remedies for cradle cap... good luck every thing's worth trying!

Oh I just can't resist adding my two cents worth LOL Rory regarding having more than one child: I've found that having a gap definately helps... feeding Niall is very tricky and basically unsafe most of the time as Wade really gets into mischief and I find that I just can't be bothered chasing after him with Niall still attached. Life with 3 is chaotic and after trying to nut out different strategies I'm now firmly of the opinion that unless you hire extra help around the house it just can't be kept under control... it's just impossible... I'm a fairly good time manager however I won't run myself ragged every day and even if I did it all still wouldn't get done to the standard i prefer. babies equal chaos unless you have regular help... and remember I have Verity... life would be much worse if I didn't... Simone has already testified to that! Anyhow... your DH does have a point though: from my experience the younger you are the better (in dealing with the physical demands especially)... so there would be pros and cons for launching straight back into it and waiting for a couple of years like IK... if confused make a list, that's my policy.

ETA: I applied MooGoo infant scalp cream to Niall's mild case of cradle cap and it hasn't come back.

Karen, if you don't mind me asking, when weaning it is the norm to drop a day feed, so if you're still going to be feeding at night, what is the point of weaning, being that the night feeding is what was frustrating you? Sorry, I still don't get why you would wean early when your supply is right, attachment is right and the baby is healthy. I'm not about to be convinced, either (so no point going over it again!), but as we've all said, it's your family and you need to do what's right in your mind. I'm just posing the question for your decision making, is all. Think of me as the 'Cons' column in the 'Pros and Cons' of weaning debate in your head You wouldn't have a balanced view in here if everyone just said that you should wean...and being that I'm not interested in (nor have ever been contender for) popularity contests, I'm going to state that I'm not in favour of formula or weaning if it's not medically necessary (and no, convenience for the mother doesn't cut it with me for various reasons, so call me a nazi if you have to!). You can list me in your 'Ignore User' list, if you prefer, but if it's pandering you want, you won't get it from me - I think everyone knows that in here by now!
    Also, cradle cap. I was using sweet almond oil in the bath and smearing it on afterwards, but it was having a limited effect. I have since started to use the Gaia Shampoo and...no cradle cap! ALL gone. Brilliant stuff, made by a mummy whose baby had exczema (sp?) and she's in Emerald, Vic, with production happening down the road from me in Rowville. I have no vested interest, but when I find a product that works, I'll endorse it. Like the MooGoo - today I didn't wash my hair and my scalp is not driving me spare...it's starting to come good! Gaia has stockists all over the country, so look it up in a google search if you want.
    Just seen your post, Bath - couldn't resist, could you? Now get back to your tasks!

littlerigger Guest

very quick, no personals.
    I have just been offered an even better job so now I go back on the 23rd. but to a govt job with the ACCC

Good one Candy!!!!

:P I can't use emoticons ATM due to a BB glitch (well unless i use my keypad) so let's see if I got the "sticking out tongue emoticon" for IK... LOL am on my way out the back to hang another load... Niall awake.... Wade without undies running amok... can't WAIT until you're living this IK hehe

ETA: yay candy! (missed your post whilst being cheeky to IK... blame her)

Candy that's great aout the job, hope it all works out for you.

Rory somedays when the boys are driving me insane, I think why oh why did I have more then one. But in the same thought I also think what an empty life I would have with only one. Its true my house is far from the cleanest, but my kids have clean clothes and plates to eat off, it may not be a quite house most of the time but I love my boys so much that I wouldn't trade them for anything. And silly me is defineately still thinking of one more, it can't hurt can it hehe.

hugs xoxo

#karen# Guest

I respect your point of view Ik, but for me weaning would be done for my sanity, I'm finding it very time consuming when trying to deal with two other children, one of which has ODD (oppositional defiant disorder). Weaning from my understanding would be done gradually as I don't want to risk getting mastitis again which could happen if I got rid of the last feed of the day as Nathan's longest sleep is at night. The night feeding was just a part of issues I have. I dread going out and having to feed as it can still be painful (and yes have asked dr and mchn about this and no real explanation given possibly a bit of inflammation?) and so i prefer to be at home, I'm finding myself becoming reclusive and really starting to feel down. Regardless, I want to find out all I can about the way to wean b4 I do it, if I do it.
    Congrats Candy!

Karen, I absolutely agree with you for finding out all you can - good luck in your quest for information
    Bath - bite me
    Gotta go and post this video I sold on eBay (at a tiny loss, but I'm not stuck with it anymore!) and visit my dad...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast