Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #13

omg the bugger still has not slept!! went i went to check on him there he was wriggling around but no sleep. once he started getting upset i picked him up to feed him. and exactly like the last feed(10.30am) he started falling asleep while on me, so i put him down now he is wide awake... He has been awake for 7hrs now.... i might resort to the car i think & take him for a short drive!

nic - I so know how you feel - Sam's taken to not wanting to sleep after midday lately (today is different thank heavens) until bedtime (around 7pm) - it's driving me up the wall - he gets sooooooooo cranky

Im giving a sigh of relief, Anneliese is still sleeping pretty well during the day, and she amuses herself as long as she's in her bouncer and can look around. Xander just got up, and he's sitting on our bed watching "Cars" in there. I told him that was his treat for not weeing in his bed (we're toilet training, he was doing pretty well with during the day, so i let him have his afternoon sleep with just jocks on, like Daddy... he's so proud of himself, just dying to tell daddy he's all grown up like him. It so cute to see him so excited and proud of himself. He keeps asking when he can tell daddy "im a big boy like him!"

well can u believe Nixon is FINALLY asleep. as of 3.45pm mind you, so he went 8hrs without sleeping, never done that b4 so i was quiet shocked.
    In the end i drove around in the car for 15min lol! (checked out some new houses being built) that was after trying the pram/baby bjorn/rocker/bed/cot/nursing etc
    I must say for a bub who had no sleep he was quiet happy in himself. lets hope this was just a one of though!

Hey nick, at least he'll sleep well tonight!!

Well, at least we're not having a picnic meet tomorrow... 38*C. Gosh, and i thought it was meant to get cooler tomorrow!!

I think the weather's gotten mixed up. Either it think's we're WA/QLD or it thinks its already summer.

Im not looking forward to summer if this is whats its like already...

ETA - the BOM website says its only meant to be 30 tomorrow, but Channel 10 just said 38... who knows, i think BOM's more reliable, and i prefer their forecast!!
    Last edited by simone; October 12th, 2006 at 04:20 PM.

CeeCee, behind every great man is a surprised woman - LOL!! Shouldn't say that now I have a son - naughty!

I got caught up in the heat today - went in to work and had lunch with friends but ended up having to walk home from the train station - bloody hot. Flynn got narky so I coole him down and gave him cool boilde water which he gulped down then threw up. DH got home just as this was happening so gave Flynn a cool bath. All is well now

When they get a little bit bigger (big enough to sit up) what i used to do was put a big tarp down in the lounge and i had a baby pool that was about the size of a baby bath, I would put a little big of water in and let Xander play. Mind you i wouldnt do it now, i dont think it would work well with toddlers around!! Its a little more comfy sitting in the lounge keeping them cool, i find it quite awkward holding Anneliese in the bath (our bath sits really low, i have to stretch to hold her - usually i just have a bath with her!!

Rory, im glad flynn is ok now, i hate it when you can see the heat affecting them because there is only so much you can do, and for a limited amount of time.

Ok, Channel 7 say 28*C. I like the sound of that! Im sticking with that one, i hope the weather does too...

Its the hottest start to October in history. GREAT. That cant mean good things for summer...

No, not a good summer awaiting us. I have a feeling Oscar might get confused as to where his home is over summer - is it the 'big house' on the hill in Belgrave, or the little weatherboard down the road?? At the very least it will be cooler at the fire station than here!
    He's been unsettled this afternoon - can only put it down to the heat cos he's usually a lot easier than he's been today. He's only got one of his coloured terries on (have 6 of these and today is the first run for them! His bum is so cute in bright green!). After the next nappy change I might even let him lie naked on the loungeroom floor for a while, with a nappy underneath him, unfolded. I have fed him whenever he is hungry (hasn't been that frequent) cos that's all I can do and it's all I ever do. I spritzed him and that relieved him for a bit but then he forgot he liked it and got surprised the next time...and started crying! Got him on his lambskin on the floor now, so we'll see how long this sleep lasts. Geez, he's so cute!

We're lucky our place has air con - we had it installed a few years back. There is no way I would like having Flynn in this house without cooling - the back of the house faces west so gets all the afternoon sun. But with an 8 foot verandah on that side out the house and cooling it is much better. I though of spritzing Flynn too, IK, but he seems fine now.

Must tell a funny story - just before we put Flynn in his cot for a nap but he was talking away to himself. DH decided to go in and say hello and found him with a leaked poo-ey nappy. He was happily rolling around in it - yuk!

Better go think about dinner - was going to do a cheats risotto (baked in the oven) but I am not keen on having the oven on so think I will do it on the microwave and finish it off on the stove top - more work but hopefully not so heat-producing.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

OMG - 7hrs Nicker! Have you tried the washing machine... On spin cycle, it vibrates them to sleep (save a car trip maybe?)

Simone - i have the same problem in the bath. Think I will buy a bath seat to save my poor back!

sorry you Melbourne girls got the heat today - Sydney is suppose to get it tomorrow.

I went to "Reel Mums" today at the Deny with some friends from Mothers Group - we saw LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE - it was unreal. I loved it.

Well, off to get my hair cut (first time in 9 months!) - chat tomorrow
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 12th, 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Absolutely disgusting If this is Spring then I wanna move to Tasmania.

I don't know why I lost internet connection today but DH has just restored it. The only saving grace of the day was that Niall slept a bit more than usual. Nic: Whoa Nixon! Let's hope he doesn't feel the need to do that too often.... he'll probably sleep all day tomorrow in his pram.

I'm about to go out and water the roses and bring the washing in... I'll do some more personals tonight.

Bathing -I've taken to bathing with Oscar in the bath, not only because Nazi Baby Swim lady said to, but I was playing with the idea of it anyway!
    House is full of bugs - Odin's customised our fly door and not only do flies get in, but I reckon an owl would have no problems gaining entry as a result of that dog's enormous paws...
    I'm glad tomorrow won't be as hot, cos I'm planning on HAB'ing it and this boy got so sticky in it today, so I'm using my shoulder sling - a slight strain on my shoulder, but we're not sweating each other up and he's asleep in it (takes longer to effect sleep, but today it's working a treat).
    DP reckons he's cooking, so bonus! I'm going to try to put this boy down so I can fold washing and the four other coloured terries...

Hi all

Just a quickie to pop my head in and say Hi. Been sick with Bronchitis and Aleise has a head and chest cold. Its late - nearly 11pm and I'm very tired. Will pop in again soon.

Next baby? Aleise is 4 months and a bit and there's no way I'm thinking of having #2. We can't afford it and even though I don't want her to be an only child I went through hell during my pregnancy and don't want to do that again! The daycare ladies tell me she's a perfectly well behaved baby (doesn't cry or scream) and a friend of mine said "why mess with perfection?". I'm lucky to have a good baby (so far) and I don't think I'd be lucky enough to get another.
    See you in here again soon.
    Nightie Night.

Hi Junies
    Just popped in to say that ive posted a video on the website.. it a bit long but Aneta manages a lazy smile at the end

night all

Hey ladies what a gorgeous morning... just started it off by taking a trip through MElbourne traffic as usual... yay.

Bath, nic-what time train you guys catching today?? rory picked a good one, all i know is get on at Essendon at about 11.30 (will be there early just in case though...)

Who's definately coming today? Hope we ahvent lost anyone this morning...

Good morning I flaked last night... didn't back online... DH had his birthday invitations to design on here as well.

I'm really looking forward to today! Simone: Nic and I are most likely going to be catching the 11.43am train... or basically the next one that arrives here after her MCHN appointment. We'll be at Borders probably around 12.15pm.

Seems cooler today... latest forcast is 27'C so that is tolerable.

Ok... got a hundred things to do... I'll have BB logged on until Nic gets here... or until around 11.20.

I Bath, sunrise just had the forecast at 30'C. I wish everyone would make up their mind!!

Sunrise they have pics of babies develping. As the pregnancy starts from an egg. And the fallopian tubes everything. Quite amazing

It was Verity who said she heard 27'C on the radio... don't know what station she listens to in her room... oh well, even if it's 30 it'll be nice and cool in MC... probably won't want to come home! If I didn't have to be here for Verity at 3pm I'd stay on in there I think.

Last night DH said "what are you wearing to the races?" I told him what I wore last year... and he said "really? Why don't you buy yourself a new dress?" !!!! He liked what I wore last year but recently he has become all fashion conscious because he begrudgingly knows that it affects how the senior management percieve him... very sad but true... but now I'm in a bit of a pickle: do I take advatage of this and spend money that could be put to better use somewhere else or do I stick to my guns and wear last year's outfit? A woman should never have to be placed in this position!!! LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast