Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

CC, the thing is i dont want to give up!! I know thats soooo selfish, but i dont drink, i dont take drugs, i dont go out (pretty much ever) i dont buy myself clothes or shoes, this is my one habit and it costs me about $8 a fortnight.

Anyone know any good remedies for oral thrush? Anneliese's tongue is almost white with it (i feel like the worst mum in the world, i didnt notice it earlier, but she keeps her mouth closed most of the time...) I had thrush last week, would it go thru my milk? I can think of any other way for her to get it... Im putting glycerine in her mouth on her dummy each time she spits it out, heard that was a good home remedy... any other ones anyone knows about??

Good morning girls

Simone: Awww now you don't actually have to smoke all the cigs in that new packet you hear! LOL I can't start lecturing you because I've never had to give them up...but listen to CeeCee! Maybe she could give you some more tips... and of course you are a nice person and worth getting to know! We're going to be nagging you about meetups for the rest of your life! (now that you're a Life member of BB) LOL

Nic: Oooh good on you for getting your DH to mop again... our house was a total disaster zone this w/end mainly because everyone was just leaving stuff lying around and it occurred to me that whilst DH does help with housework he NEVER simply puts away clutter... so I asked him to... and he folded a bit of the laundry mountain AND put them away...so that was ok.

Rory: I didn't end up returning to Myer for a new outfit... compromised and wore a different top... took a piccy will add it to my site at some stage... thanks for assuring me that no one would notice... I also dug up some different accessories and wore a lilac rose from our garden which all made my outfit just different enough so that no body noticed. Infact I discovered that my colour scheme was very "in" this year ie pinks/ pale blues/lilacs mixed with black... and my suit jacket certainly kept me warm as it was a cold day. I had a good day chatting to all DH's clients... a nice bunch mainly from Davis Collis and Cave and Allens Arthur Robinson (I think I've got the spelling right). The food was very yummy again... didn't have brekkie... but helped myself to everything that didn't have meat. And I didn't drink at ALL! *shrug* not sure why... just didn't feel like it... had lemon, limes and bitter5s instead and mineral water. Everyone was well behaved in our marquee... unlike the feral bunch in the CBA tent next door! LOL

Boys need me... back later!

Bath, what did you mean by you've never had to give them up?? Your not a smoker, or yours still a smoker? Im guessing not a smoker... Im one of th stupid ones who took it up in high school, along with everyone else, and just never stopped. Although i never smoke around the kids, and never ever smoked while i was pg. I just dont feel like it, but then the cravings are 10 times as bad when baby comes out...

Morning everyone!

Well Aleise is slightly better. She woke at 5am for a feed and then slept again until 8am. Matt tended to her and she slept again until 9ish. I've since given her another bottle - although she only took half - she's asleep again in teh babyswing. Just hope all that sleeping will help her recover quicker.

I was supposed to go to Uni today and sort out with my co-ordinator my remaining subjects but I re-scheduled for Friday as Matt has the day off. Didn't really want to leave Aleise with a sitter whilst I was out and bronchilitis is contagious.

Simone: Thanks for your PM I've replied to it. If you're an asthmatic it would be a very good idea to give up smoking and if CeeCee can do it I'm sure you can too! I've never smoked but my cousin is an asthmatic and had a dreadful attack so she gave up smoking quick smart! Pity her hubby didn't though! oh well that's men for you!

Dee: My addiction is chocolate and Its been very hard for me to try and go cold turkey. I'm debating with myself about doing Weight Watchers once I'm back at work. Need to lose 10-15kg and since I'm petite it all shows!

Thrush on tongue: Daktarin gel from the chemist is excellent. Aleise had thrush on her tongue when she came home for the hospital. Firstly we were told to use NILSTAT but it makes them vomit and boy did she scream so it must have caused tummy pain too!

Bath: did you go to the races on the weekend? Sorry for sounding like a dumb blonde but I've been too worried about Aleise to pay close attention to posts lately. I'll check out your site in a mo. We'd love to come down to Melbourne to see the Melbourne Cup. Got a cousin who lives in East Keilor and I actually used to live in Moonee Ponds before we moved to Townsville in 1978. My brother was born in Essendon and is a BIG TIME bombers fan. Pity they didn't do well on the ladder this year - I, myself don't care about footy. Only take note of state of origin scores (NSW v Qld) each year and that's about it!

Oh.. Just found out last night that Matt's youngest sister who's 27 is pregnant with #1 - we're very pleased and I managed to give her our basinette and some pregnancy books. That will be grandchild #8 on Matt's side. No 7 is due in Feb and youngest SIL is due May. She obviously knew at Aleise's baptism but told her hubby not to tell anyone - sly girl! Christmas is getting more and more expensive with that family - they ALL expect presents - even before the baby is born they kinda expect baby presents too!

Well a big hello to everyone else I didn't mention - gotta get ready and brave the Medicare line up to get Matt's money back (from the doc's visit yesterday) so I'd better choof off.

*throws some chocolates in the room 'cause I've given up - for now!*
    Neeny xoxo

Simone: I could count the times I've smoked on my hands and feet... and they were not all cigarrettes LOL and that was only out clubbing... back when you were allowed to smoke indoors! I never really liked it to be honest... so didn't become addicted.

Forgot who asked but I just made plain biccys with sultanas. Nothing fancy.

Neeny: yep... went to the Caulfield Guinneas with DH for a work function... he has a legal set of banking clients... so I had to be on my best behaviour and also had to dress very conservatively! As you will see on my website I look like the Queen's hand maiden LOL Oh and you can't see it clearly in the piccy but my clutch purse was my BB secret santa pressie from last year!

All on schedule here... clothes all washed and hung... Wade needing constant direction... Niall sleeping.

JUt a quick q ladies...

Anyone going to cup or oaks day this year? It looks like DH might have some good work coming up, some i might be able to have a day out...

I can't believe that it is monday again already. Time is just flying by, we leave for Bali in 11 days and I starting to get pretty excited.
    The BBQ went really well on Saturday night, it was nice to just hang out with friends. Tori decided that she didnt want to miss out on all the action and wouldnt go to bed till everyone left (and boy did we pay for it yesterday, the only way I could get her to stay asleep was to lay on the couch with her on my chest). My goddaughter loved her cake, but I only remember that I hadnt taken a piccy when it was half eaten oh well I will just have to make more fancy cakes.

Melb Girls- Glad to hear that your meet went really well.

Bath- Glad your day at the races went well, I am hanging out for an occasion to get all dressed up nicely.

Neeny- I hope Aleise is feeling better soon, poor little thing it is not nice to feel sick at the best of times, but must be worse when you are a baby and you can't tell anyone how to make you feel better.

Bettter go Tori has just woken up, hopefully I will be back later.

bath - even though your outfit was (had to be) a conservative style I think you look gorgeous - its amazing how a hat can just finish off an outfit.

neeny - hows aleise today??? showing some improvement I hope.

Ali - so know what yu mean about time flying we have only 6 weeks now before we leave for the US and Canada and I don't know how I'm going to be ready!!!!

Simone - I wish I could go to the cup - I've only ever been once and it was a great day but being so far away it makes it hard to organise - will have to plan it for next year I think.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 16th, 2006 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks Jaspen I've actually just sent off an email to my step mother... asking if she has any hats that she doesn't need that I might be able to remodel. She breeds race horses and used to give me designer hand-me-downs when I was a teenager that i didn't appreciate back then but would Looooove these days! She will be visiting us soon during a stop over on a cruise (she does one every six months or so... last time they went up to Canada and Russia!).

Ali: LOL regarding your cake! I also forgot to take a piccy of Wade's cake until it was half eaten! Is there a piccy anyway on your website?

Niall just filled his nappy and is very pleased with himself... back later.

I've been absent! Have just done a quick skim of the weekend posts.
    My weekend was nice, my mum was down and mostly well-behaved, apart from criticising my baby-wearing (saying Oscar would be crawling by now if I wasn't wearing him so much...but knowing this is highly unlikely I dismissed it very quickly and told her I was most comfortable wearing Oscar like they do in baby-wearing cultures!), and my exclusive BFing. Of course, no harm came to me by eating pureed apple from 3 months blah, blah blah. So, she's off the list of baby-sitters, should I decide I want to leave him for any reason, for at least the next two months! I don't think she would appreciate my devastation if she was caught feeding him solids. Not that it would go unnoticed cos his poo would change! That was her main consternation, but we parted on good terms and she insisted she wasn't criticising my parenting (I think she thinks feeding is completely separate from parenting!). I hung out with my dad for the rest of yesterday after she left and watched Samsara - what a beautiful film!! On the down side, turns out DP gets dejected when I tell him how good my dad is with Oscar. He knows on the one hand that I'm not gloating and that I am actually being pleasantly surprised by my dad since Oscar came along (my dad being chronically depressed and having treatment for it), but on the other it reminds him that his dad didn't make it. He knows he is being silly, but I think he is entitled to those feelings. I also feel cheated that his dad didn't make it and I think about his dad all the time and tell Oscar about him. For such a great year, that event alone causes me a lot of pain, so I can only imagine what DP feels. However, I don't want to avoid talking about my dad because the other grandaddy isn't around - that's not fair on my dad, Oscar or me. But I do know where DP is coming from. He has kept himself very busy this year and I wish he would just stop and feel what it is he has to feel about what happened.
    Speaking of DP, he is off on a strike team at the Morwell Open Cut fire for three days. So I'll probably stay over at my dad's tonight and hang out with him later today. We all got up just after 4am to get DP ready and then drive him to the fire station for a 5am departure. It was a bit lonely when they left and Oscar and I closed up the station again. But then we came home and went back to bed and we're over it for now!
    The Meet Up - I didn't get time to say this on Friday, but I had a great time and really enjoyed everyone's company! Simone, please tell your DH that I really enjoyed staying back with you, the kids and Rory and Flynn It's not often that such a big group of diverse people get along like that. I've been in one such other group and that was through the CFA - we all surprised the organisers of Challenge 2005 by getting along brilliantly until the 2nd last day for the textbook 'storming', which apparently happens on day 2...not day 7!
    I took one photo with my camera - don't know why it was only one! But I'll email it around - it's of Nic with Nixon. I know he tried to be a grumpy bum, but we all saw him smile and heard him chatter, so we're not convinced by that grumpy game! He's a great kid, Nic - we knew he'd turn out just fine! Flynn is a very smiley baby, indeed and loves his sleep! He IS a very compulsive 'stander', like Oscar (I was worried about bowing, but decided that he usually plops back down when tired) and is VERY cute in overalls! Wade and Niall are just cutie pies, aren't they? Wade is so placid - could easily make a liar out of Bath, but we know their mishcievous little ways, so we don't doubt her about his capacity to be a handful. Simone's kids are so lovely - even Xander with his heavy shorts!
    Well, Oscar is trying to wake up, so I'd best be off...still haven't had a shower yet...
    Oh, yeah, my babyswim classes have been brought forward - I got a spot in the term starting this week!
    Catch you all later...

Hi all, five minutes to spare so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. How did the races go yesterday, How's things today Donna, better I hope? Ali wow 11 days thats great have fun you lucky duck. Simone Daktaren gel is excellent. I used the nistatin drops on Nate and the gel on my nipples, and on a dummy for him to suck off. There has been a push by some goody goody group to have it taken off the over the counter list since a couple of baby's have choked on it (clogged up their airway), but I say that is the silly parents fault for being so silly as to put it on the spoon and try to feed it to their baby's. The broader community is not that silly and will put it on a dummy or finger a bit at a time.Ok gotta go, bye Dee

hahaha! IK that email about the homeless woman kinda sums us up hey? Although I kinda surprised myself by not drinking when I had it available free on Saturday... I've been very low maintainence for DH so far... think this will have to change as I get older...

Well its been a warm, if not hot couple of days up here, but this afternoon it has gone overcast so we might be in for some rain. Didn't really do anything on the weekend just stayed home and pottered around the house. We had a house inspection today so that was fun (not), told the real estate lady we NEEDED a new clothesline, its been broken for nearly 2 yrs and we could still use it spareingly, but now the clip that holds it up has broken and you can't use it at all. So hopefully I'll have one soon. My mum and dad are coming down this Friday for the weekend as it's my little brothers birthday so we will be having a BBQ or something.

Jaspen how did the trail cake go, have you decided what you will make yet? Is it this weekend that you'll be making it for?

Big hello to everyone else, love all the pics taken from Friday and am glad that you all had a good day.

hugs xoxo

Hiya Amanda... I've just asked our real estate agent for either a water tank or a grey water connection! LOL Will be a miracle if it happens though. But the owner really stresses about the garden here and I'm sick of lugging grey water in buckets AND paying huge water bills trying to keep everything alive. I asked what we are obligated to do. They already know we've paid for RoundUp for the weeds and rose sprays to kill the disease on the front rose hedge.... plus all the labour i put in... you never know... they are paying for the mulch that was delivered 2 weeks ago... *fingers crossed* We'd Love a new clothesline too... the one here is tiny and old and can't be raised and I bash my head on it all the time... oh well... with a bit of luck we'll end up buying this place and living here forever!

hey amanda - meant to congratulate on the cake you made for Lauchlan - it was great!!!! As for my trial - hasn't been done yet cause I had to go away for a week to take my dad home as he was not well and since I've got back haven't been able to get rid of my ILs (nice of them to help out while I was away but surely they could appreciate since we'll be seeing them this coming weekend that a weekend to ourselves would have been nice and they could have left a little earlier than lunchtime yesterday) - sorry about the vent realised you didn't need to hear all that. anyway so I wasn't trialling in front of MIL who is an ex home ec teacher (whose cooking I'm not a real fan of) so hopefully will trial tomorrow - it will either be just a plain old number 3 or an elephant if I think I can handle it. Thanks for the butter tip - I have bought the good old stick of butter and will use it in the trial. How long before the day do you think I can make it - last time I made and refridgerated without covering properly and the cake dried out. Also how do they go if you freeze them and ice them frozen - does anyone know (looking at reducing the crumbing affect you get when you cut cakes to make shapes)

Ali and Bath - speaking of cakes went looking for photos of yours yesterday only to read your point on how you forgot to photograph them - nearly did that last year with DS's train cake.

Bath - we made sure that the excess water was included in the lease with this new house as the owners happened to be here when we inspected the place and made such a big deal about keeping the garden up and being up here in Townsville and the type of plants they are they need tonnes of water. I'm trying to be a bit more water conscious lately but don't think our owners would go for a water tank as it might affect the look of the place. (something they are paranoid about)

Actually speaking of cakes I found a website in america where people put in photos of different cakes they have made (of all different standards) which is great for ideas.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 16th, 2006 at 04:33 PM. Reason: missed bath's post

Bath yeah our landlord is a little slow on doing things for us, I have a whole list of things that desprately need fixing, but he either doen't want to get them fixed or doesn't really give a stuff about it, another thing I really want fixed is the paved drive out the back. They haven't laid them properly so overtime they have left huge grooves and now the boys trip and fall over them (very dangerous), I even tripped over them while pg.

Jaspen I usually make the cake on the day before and wrap in cling wrap and put in the fridge overnight, but I'm sure I'm sure I read in my woman's weekly book that you can freeze them, I'll check and get back to you about it. I agree about your IL's you poor thing.

hugs xoxo

amanda - is your place directly through the landlord or through an agent??? from experience sometimes the agents don't pass things on, if they do they often don't followup to get responses?? the other thing is if you notify them of the pavers and they do nothing their public liability insurance company will want to know if anything does happen - let alone any negligence in not getting them repaired that will be their direct responsibility (Rory might know more about the negligence aspect) - I'd be raising the paving one in writing if it is getting to the dangerous stage.

Jaspen read my book, it says to cook the day before needed and refrigerate in airtight container overnight and if you think it will take longer then 30 mins to ice then freeze it 30 mins uncovered before decorating. Yeah its rented thru a real estate but the owner is really slow in fixing things, when we moved in the tiles in the shower were half off the wall and it didn't get fixed until we'd been in the house for 6 mths.

hugs xoxo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast