Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

That's such a coincidence! Tiles came off our shower wall too but our landlord was onto it immediately because they knew that water damge by seepage could end up costing thousands if it rotted the woodwork! Our owners and agent are really good actually... I can't complain at all... it's just frustrating when you know you could easily fix an issue and save a fortune in the process as with the grey water issue.

Ok... gnocchi for dinner here... gee it's staying lighter for longer now! Time's getting away from me.

Jaspen is right about the negligence thing - landlords of domestic renatl properties have been foudn to be liable if they are aware of a problem and do nothing. That doesn't help you if you fall over and hurt yourself, but quietly letting the landlord or agent know that you know this might assist!

Bath, you don't look Queen Mumsy - you look just like the wife of a respectable bank-man should! Your DH should be proud of you.

Gotta go cook dinner but Simone, as they say on "Allo Allo" - I will say this only vance: I have smoked on and off since I was 14 but have not had a puff since I found out I was pg. I was a "social smoker" and like you could go long periods without one but then smoke when the opportunity presented itself. So with that background I know it is hard to give up smoking when it is such a pleasurable experience to draw that smoke in and feel the nicotine hit your blood.

Smoking runs in my family - my dad was a smoker too. He had smoked since he was 14 and couldn't give up - until he was diagnosed with lung cancer, that is. He quit the day he was told, but it was too late. My dad died of lung cancer when I was 9 years old - he was only 42. My dad never got to see me graduate from primary school or highschool, get married, graduate from uni, be admitted as a lawyer, have a baby. He never saw the Berlin Wall come down, Apartheid end in South Africa, etc etc. He missed all that. And that's not even starting on what I missed, what my mother missed, and what Flynn will miss out on by not having him for a grandfather.

Now, I know that excessive amounts of guilt are not conducive to change and can often make people depressed and even more inclined to do silly things like smoke, so here is the good news. For every year after a smoker stops they halve their chance of developing cancer. And as for the guilt - make sure you channel it into something positive like thinking about how you will be there for your darling little Annelise, Xander and Declan. You can quit darl, and we are all here to help you, and nag you till you do

Better go- dinner is awaiting.....

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Have had a hectic weekend here, best friend stayed at our house and then brought her other half here without even asking i was fuming....her excuse was i've done it to her. Mind you she has 4 different blokes....She wants to become a mum and i just don't know what to say or doto her at times!
    DF when on a mad cleaning frenzy out in our back entertainment area, it looks great, i hinted we can fit a 6 person spa in there now. He said NO
    I have been at centrelink today, they have hit me with a bill of $113.49 because apparently we didn't tell them at one stage that DF was working...it is on file though. But we still have to foot the bill. I am very cranky and upset
    I counted Tarleha's money box today and she has $56.90, i told her she is pretty rich for a nearly 4 month old.
    About the smoking issue. I too am a smoker who is trying to quit, i also have the problem of i actually enjoy it. I have tried to quit many times but the longest i have succeeded is 2mnths. My doctor is actually sceptical of me quiting as i was a self-mutilator and he is worried if i chuck the fags away i will go back to my old ways of relieving stress and coping.
    Anyway have to go as Tee is a very whingy at the moment...you can actually feel 3 teeth at the bottom and 1 at the top but it's the bottom ones that are giving her trouble, we think one might not be that far away.
    Chat later.

Bath- You looked gorgeous in your outfit! well done! hope it was a good day.
    Simone/KLR- I was a fellow smoker... I quit about 18months ago. i think i have had 2-3 ciggys within that time (only when i was very intoxicated & thought what the hell!) It was very hard, what made it harder was dh was suppose to be quitting with me, which he did not. Im still trying to convince him to stop, (he like u simone only smokes 2-3 a day) but then i realised i cannot force him to quit. If you are going to quit, you need to WANT TO do it for yourself. Yes for the kids is an excellent reason to give up but you also need to want to do it for yourself. also good to realise your weak point then try to kill that. Eg: I was a sucker for have a fag when i got in the car. so i went & bought a heap of chuppa chups & every time i got in the car i sucked on a chuppa chup instead of having a cigarette, until eventually i didnt need to!
    It is hard though, if you really wanna give it a good shot u could always ring the quitline, i am sure they would offer other very helpful advise to stick with it.
    IK- Yay for swim lesson! I hope Oscar has fun, its great to see them get used to the activities & water as you start going regulary.
    I'm sure Nixon's teeth are moving around & bugging him. he has been having grumpy episodes for the last week now/rosey cheeks on and off and each time i give him bongela within a few mins he stops crying. Would you beleive as soon as Bath & I left Nixon crashed and slept the whole train trip home then the whole car trip from Baths & for another hr when we got home! It must be something to do with BB clan, last time i went to the melb bb dinner he was unsettled most of the night! You prob think i lie but USUALLY he is so easy to handle out & about cause he loves pram/car/baby bjorn etc.

Melb Cup- I REALLY wanna go to one of the days this year. getting a babysitter is the issue.... mum & dad were thinking of coming down & i was thinking yes got a sitter! but they r not coming anymore cause they are coming down on friday (were going to a wedding on the w/e) so unless i can find someone we wont be going. cause one day we might be moving back to syd i dont wanna say yeah i lived in melb for X amount of yrs and never went to spring carnival!
    MOney box- i was thinking just today i have to take the change to the bank & put it in Nixons bank acct (opened one up last week mum & dad gave Nixon $100 to open bank acct for his christening) Thats a Very good start Tarlehalucky girl!!

hey Junies !

all of you smokers - quit !... nah , i understand how hard it must be , i have never been a smoker ( unless i was drunk - i smoked - which made me more drunk ). But DH smokes soooo much and no matter what i say , how much i nag and tell him that Aneta does not want to visit him in hospital when he has lung cancer - he wont listen *sigh*

teething - I think we have started. Im not sure, but my angel suddenly becomes a devil every now and then... and as soon as we give her something to chew on so she has pressure on her gums, she stops crying... her gums are very hard so we'll see. But as soon as she has a tooth she wont be that little tiny newborn i took home from hospital but a growing child.. awwww my baby is that one step closer to growing up and leaving home hehe

AF - everyone can now breathe a sigh of relief, today i got my period *siiiigh* thank god for that because i was having drastic thoughts , and seeing pregnancy tests in my dreams ...dont get me wrong, i ladore my little fatty ( Aneta ) but no more babies for me!

DH - is being ridiculous

Thats all folks !

Morning ladies, having a grrrr day here... The boys are being clungy and grumpy, and im grrrrowling at them non stop. And i feel so bad about Anneliese, the thrush is all over her tongue, roof of her mouth cheeks and lips. I've been giving her panadol and daktarin, been on gel for one day. I just give it to her in two blobs on my (washed) finger, and she uses her tongue to break it up and spread it around her mouth. She's so clever

Hi to everyone, no time for personals, kids are feral today... is there a full moon tonight by any chance

Morning ladies, having a grrrr day here... The boys are being clungy and grumpy, and im grrrrowling at them non stop. And i feel so bad about Anneliese, the thrush is all over her tongue, roof of her mouth cheeks and lips. I've been giving her panadol and daktarin, been on gel for one day. I just give it to her in two blobs on my (washed) finger, and she uses her tongue to break it up and spread it around her mouth. She's so clever

Hi to everyone, no time for personals, kids are feral today... is there a full moon tonight by any chance

Hiya Simone.... I've just come in from outside... lovely day ... what's your backyard like? Any chance of getting the boys to do something out there? Recently I gave Wade and Verity some chalk to draw on the paving with... kept them entertained for hours... and rain is forecast so you won't have to look at the chalky mess for too long!

Have to hang around until 1.30pm because a parcel delivery (In-Liven) could arrive at any time...

Niall unsettled... back later...

My back pards great but the gardener rocks up whenever he wants (part of our lease, the gardener is paid for) so i cant let the kids out. They've trashed my house boohoo. going to take them out, only costs me $3.20 for an all day pass, going to get on a train and meet DH at the botanical gdns for lunch. Easy and the kids are behaving as they want to go on a train. Bribery works wonders sometimes...

Catch you all later on this arvo...

Wade is eating radishes. I warned him that they were spicy but he looooves "spicy" and so now loves radishes, XXX mints and sweet chilli chicken.

My delivery arrived! Woo Hoo... don't have to ration out the In-Liven any more. Also got some Fast Tract (Nic are you taking these?)

Simone: sounds great, it would be lovely at the Bot. gardens... hope you all enjoy yourselves

Feeding time again for Niall... growth spurt time... he's waking more frequently and wanting a feed rather than entertainment....

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Simone - I did not mean to presure you into anything darl - u will quit when the time is right for you - we will be here when you do.

Rory - that is so sad about your Dad, I'm so sorry. that could have been my Dad, or many of our parents who did not know the impact of their smoking till it was too late. HUGS to you.

Baths - you look like the girl in "pretty in pink", conservative but still cool and individual.

ahhhhhhhhhhh..Ally is awake will chat later

*Kristee* Guest

Hi girls,
    I want to have quit smoking by the time i concieve #2, it is so hard though. I hate the thought of my daughter having to come and see me at the hospital if it comes to that. I wanted to quit before but since i've had Tee it has put it in a completely different perspective.
    Sounds like Nixon has a nice amount of money to put in his bank acount. He is a lucky boy.
    Sounds like a few of us are starting the teething stage. To me Tee still seems to little in my mind to have a tooth, i like her all gummy. She is growing too fast.
    Simone Tarleha had bad thrush at one stage and i understand how you are feeling, it took quite a while to get rid of tee's. We used the daktarin gell as much as she hated it.
    Tarleha has the bad nappy rash that can accompany teething and it is so bad that there is skinmissing in one spot. What did/do you girls use to cure nappy rash??? It is so painful for her that when we go to put cream on it she cries...
    Thats it for now girls.

KL, i use bepanthen on the kids, it has almond oil in it which soothes the spot (apparently its an anaesthetic too!) and its thick enough to stop wee and stuff getting on it while it heals. I've used it on all 3 of mine, my mum used it on all 6 of us kids too! You just put it on rather generously and all done!! Hope this helps...

I dont think Anneliese is teething yet, thank god. But corrected she's only 2 months old, so give her some time

Nic, im thinking about taking up your suggestion... i dont smoke in the car, but i associate smoking with sitting out the back having a cuppa. Maybe i shouldn't sit out there anymore, i should con DH into letting me get a 3pce setting for the front porch and then i wont have to smoke outside anymore lol. (I need a good excuse to get one!!)

Its so quiet on here today, the past few days i've barely been able to keep up with all the chatter!!!

Quick one from me before starting dinner

KL, I use cream from a chemist in Essendon - he makes his own. They do mail order - details are David Hoskings Pharmacy ph 03 9379 7797. It is the best stuff I have used and works on really bad nappy rash in a flash

KL - Ive found sudocream or the antiseptic bepanthan are good for curing (curash is sometimes good too - I usually use the antiseptic bepanthan if I'm trying to cure a bad batch and the others to prevent or stop when just starting) but if you are using something like this and its not working you may have to go to the chemist and discuss with them there are some higher level antifungal nappy rashes that require something different to what you can get from the supermarket.

ETA there are two different bepanthen - antiseptic and just ointment - the antiseptic one I find works better on curing the other is more just a preventative I think.

Been at verity's school watching her do after school sport.

Now I'm setting up a Health Journal to document my use of In-Liven and Fast Tract.

Had a good day... both boys were asleep at one stage

I also use Sudocreme and Niall has never had nappy rash... I use it all the time though... not just when his bottom starts to get red.

Back to my blog...

Not such a great day here, I have put my back out really badly and can hardly walk, and definatley cant pick Tori up . It happened all of a sudden, I was putting her in her cot for a nap and it just went ping, didnt quite know what to do so I picked her up again straight away because I knew if I left her it would be even harder, went and phoned the physio and then drove around to Mums. Mum looked after Tori while I went to the physio- he did some manipulation, but I am still in agony and I cant use any deep heat or take any anti inflammatories for it. DH is staying home tomorrow to help me look after Tori, and I have another Physio appointment- hopefully after some more work and rest it will be better!

ali - take care of yur back - I put mine out when DS1 was 6 months old getting up out of chair (couldn't walk for three days - couldn't feel my legs for 36hours)and due to lack of treaqtment (couldnt get in to see anyone when it first went - it got better while working with a personal trainer but since having Samuel its turned to s**t since) it still is pretty bad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast