Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #17

ETA: Simone: we might join IK in going straight to the park: Puffing Billy cost something like $70 for all of us (from memory... I could be wrong) and we don't have the money at this point... but up for in theory... although our weekends are getting pretty busy at this time of year... let's keep it in mind though because I love it up there

Hi girls... mixed day here... at least I got to sleep in... and that was followed by a great night's sleep too. Niall slept in his cot from 10.00pm - 3.30am then I fed him in our bed then I was able to return him to his big cot where he slept until 7.30am! He came in for another feed and then we both slept until 9.30am... but didn't get up until 10am. Everyone else managed to meet thier own needs QUIETLY So I almost feel like I've finally caught up from a year's broken sleep (including a restless pregnancy). I know this won't last... I don't have that expectation... infact I fully expect to have regular broken sleep until he is about 3yo... with a return to co-sleeping on a regular basis too... but that's ok.

Anyhow I'd better get back to it... Verity's new mattress has arrived and I'm in the process of being disgusted by her filth as i changeover her bed. I guess I only have myself to blame.... you've got to actually guide a child in keeping their room tidy... it just doesn't happen. I've made the mistake of telling her to tidy her room before she has screen time... checking it by only looking in the door (not opening cupboards and drawers etc) and today I've done these things and OMG what a mess.

gotta go...

ETA again: I know it sounds odd that i said we don't have the money for PB when i mentioned DH's bonus; but that only cleared our credit card and paid for Verity's next term's school fees... and lord knows how we are going to afford a nice Christmas as well as a holiday... it just never ends does it????

Hey Bath - i forgot about the prices of puffin billy... we might just go stright to Emerald too LOL. Its such a lovely train ride though *sigh*

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    I've been to Yum Cha with my Mothers Group - it was excellent... the waiters were all so nice to the 8 of us...

Amanda - I sent the email to xxx is that not you? do you want to give me your email address (then go back and edit to remove it?).

Baths - WOW, what a great sleep! Hopefully it will see you through for the next few years!!! He he

well, might go catch a few zzzzzzzz while Ally is asleep, chat later...
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; November 2nd, 2006 at 05:37 PM.

glad you had a good day CC enjoy your nap..i wanted one of those, but i currently have 3 children in my bed, so thats out of the q now...

Lol, CC you nearly got it, it's [email protected] hope you enjoy your nap.Ok nearly time to go get Kailen from school then have to start packing bags and so forth.

hugs xoxo

I must have missed something somewhere... Where's Amanda going?!

I'm going up to Hervey Bay tomrrow arvo for the week to visit my parents and get a bit of help/break from the kids, I'll palm them off to nanny for a while. She's already organised a few activites for them.

hugs xoxo

Sweet as!! Gotta love nanny for a mini holiday

Hi Girls, what a lot of traffic in here today. Just got back from a day in the city with my GF and her little girl, Charlie, who uis just about to turn 1. We caught the train in and after a detour to the reject shop to buy a dummy (I forgot Flynn's - luckily he will suck any style!!) we went to both NGVs. We spent the morning in the Old NGV (Non-Australian Art), then lunched at Southbank, then went to the NGV - Ian Potter Gallery (Aust Art). It was great, but I am completely buggered now (I think it was the late night, broken sleep and very early morning (6am). My breast pump came today, so I am very happy to get pumping using an electric rather than hand held pump - I see a whole new world of opportunities to leave Flynn with his dad or my mum!!

Flynn's news - he is starting to cuddle and hold on to you when you hold him, and almost laugh. He is very cute ATM!

gottago - sooooo sleeeeepy!

Glad you had a good day rory What a day to go into the city though, it was miserable, im about to put my clothies into the dryer as they're more wet after being on the line all day!!

Im outta here girls, time to have dinner (DH's picking me up Noodle Hut Satay Beef - Yummy!!!) And just to say i wont be on until money, the comp im on is FIL's and he wants it back for a couple of days... He's helping us buy a new one next week, and we're looking at getting broadband (paid for by FIL too, DH and FIL are working on a business venture together)

Dont talk too much, or i will have WAY too much to catch up on when i come back on monday (hopefully!!)
    Will miss you all...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Amanda - opps.. sorry, have re-sent them... hope you have a nice holiday... with 4 kids I'm sure you need it - I feel like I need it with one!

Rory or IK, can you please tell me what " get dressed to lace up shoes" means? (From Flylady website)... does it just mean to get dressed?

Chat to you Monday Simone - I'm sure you will have a mamoth post that would put IK to shame!!!

Where is Nickers???? anyone?

oh, yes I enjoyed my 5 min nap.. NOT, woke more tired than before, Ally woke, gave her boob and she feel straight back asleep... oh well... poor little gal had a big day in the city...

Hi girls,

My posts have been a bit slow of late. I try to get on each day but sometimes the day disappears (as you all know LOL).

I really haven't introduced myself very well - so here goes!!

I have been married for 11 years to a great man/husband/father (well most of the time). He works shift work so our relationship is a bit different. In saying that, he does get to spend more time with the girls, especially when he is on afternoon shift (starts at 2pm). But many nights I have Chelsea (my 3 year old) saying "I want my daddy". She doesn't understand that he goes to work at different times and sometimes wont see him for a day or two. His night shifts are the hardest, trying to keep the house quiet with 2 kids (yeah right !). He sometimes sleeps at his parents where it is quieter and I don't have to sneak around.

Chelsea is 3 years old (4 in January) and a very funny child. She is typical of most 3 year old - an angel one day, devil the next. She attends a kinder program at creche two days a week. She loves it and so do I!

Marley is the new addition and a beautiful little soul. She is very placid, but loves smiling at anyone that will look at her. I think she is easier to look after because I am alot more relaxed. I think with Chelsea, I was a bit nervous and not sure what I should be doing! This time, whatever happens happens. She sleeps well and is a very happy bubba.

I worked up until 36 weeks with Marley. I work in course admin at a Uni and love it. I get one years paid maternity leave, so I love it even more!!!! I work 3 days a week and will return to work in July 2007. I can go back on reduced hours, so intend to do 2 days until 2008. I really admire all the SAHM! I run out of things to do with Chelsea and seem to spend too much money shopping. Chelsea is an avid TV watcher and would sit for hours at a time if allowed. I try to limit her time and give her somthing else to do that is a bit more stimulating.

In any spare time I get, I love my garden and spend a bit of time in it. Great to involve the kids too. I also love painting and spend many weekends painting canvases and decorating my house. I'll run out of wall space soon. Shopping is another bad vice, but what girl doesn't love it. Food is another big passion - I love cooking and going out for dinner, so if anyone has any great recipes to swap let me know.

Today I was playing aunty to my two nieces. One is 3, the other 8 weeks old. Luckily Chelsea was at kinder! The two babies were perfect, both went to sleep at the same time. Makes me wonder how others manage with twins and other kids!!!

Just watched a bit of RPA with a mother who had twins 13 weeks prem! She got to have her first cuddle with one of them - made me teary!!! Also makes me realise how lucky I am having two healthy kids.

Someone mentioned catching up which sounds like a great idea. You guys sound like you have had meetings before?

Hopefully that tells you a litle bit more about me. I am looking forward to being part of the group - you all sound like fun people!

Just watched a bit of RPA with a mother who had twins 13 weeks prem! She got to have her first cuddle with one of them - made me teary!!! Also makes me realise how lucky I am having two healthy kids.
    I'm a member of Austprem and that is one of our mums!!!!
    Well, Mel quick rundown on me!
    Been married to my DH for 5 years, and have 6 beautiful children. Jack is 10, Kate is 7, Timothy is 5, Elizabeth is 4, Isabella is 19 months and you already know Patrick.
    We live in Euroa, north east victoria.
    The group is fantastic and we are all pretty good friends. We have had a couple of meets and so far I have not been able to go to any of them!!!!!!!lol

Quick one from me - off to a conference today - leaving the boy with DH so I will actually be able to concentrate. The new pump was ace, but it takes all my concentration to "relax" while listening to the motor - LOL!!

Mel - thanks for that, will try to find time to post about me later

Ceecee - dressed to shoes is just that - get dressed and put on shoes. I think the idea is that if you are a SAHM you can get sloppy with your dress which affects your outlook on life. So far FlyLady has worked for me - got compliments from DH on how clean house was!!

IK where are you camping?

Gotta go - speak later.....

BTW - Mick's sister is over from NZ and arrives today (she hooked up with a Kiwi while travelling). So Flynn will get to meet his auntie for the first time today - hope he is well behaved!!

Ok ladies i lied LOL... FIL wasnt home when DH took the computer back, so i have it for another day!! I shouldnt be on here, im meant to be getting ready to go pay bills, but while the kids are quiet eating breakky, why not

Mel, about me... Im 22, married for 2 years (on Monday!!) and i have a 3yo, 19mo and 5mo... Anneliese was born 10 weeks early (she was due 13/8) due to chorioamnionitis (infection of the uterus) as i went into labour at 25w. My little princess is a little fighter

Rory - i actually prefer the hand pump, i can control it better. I have an Avent Isis, but in the past i've had a Nuk electric and a Pigeon hand held, this one is the best by far... well worth the $100 i spent on it!! Mine's always in use

Must look at this flylady website... DH would love a spotless house-i'd be happy with getting the cleaning finished!! Oh well, at least i'll be able to get my washing dry, and get some nappies done. My poor washing... this is the 3rd day its been out!!

IK - it is just VIC that gets the long w'end for melb cup, i remember in primary school (10yrs ago LOL) the teachers just used to give us about an extra hour for recess, which was only normally 20 mins long... Dodgy

I SHOULD go and pay my bills, might just pay them online YAY!!

Simone and Rory- I used the electric pump in the hospital but found that if I really relaxed I could hand express just as much so I don't bother with the pump now.
    Mel- As I said I have a 3yo-4yo as well so I know the devil-angel routine!
    Amanda- Have fun on the break.
    Well, I had better get ready and shove this man out of bed because "he had a rough night last night and he couldn't breathe" excuse me, does he have two children sleeping on top of him?????
    See you later ladies
    Last edited by Trillian; November 7th, 2006 at 07:53 AM.

LOL at the kids sleeping on top of you, I tried to have a nap yesterday and all 3 kids woke up at the same time. Damn daylight savings, i cant get to sleep any earlier, but i have to wake up earlier grrr...
    Last edited by simone; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:14 PM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi Mel - so glad you have joined our group - your girls sound loverly. My only dissapointment is that you live in Melborne - I want a Sydney meet up! Most of the girls are in Melborne, they seem to meet up at Borders every few weeks. I have pic of me and my family on my profile (mouse on my name and left click - visit homepage)... a picture says a thousand words!

Jess - I have always wanted to ask you about the dynamics of your children - ie who plays with who? Is it age/sex or personality related?

Rory - thanks for the explanation - I read somewhere that you should not wear shoes inside as you bring in pollutants such as lead into your homes..the report went further to say that out of 100 homes tested,those with high levels of lead in their carpets also had children with ADD - also we live in dog poo Central, so no shoes inside is a very good idea! That said, I love flylady - I have had a shinny sink for two days now!

lol
    The new pump was ace, but it takes all my concentration to "relax" while listening to the motor
    Simone - yeah..we have you for another day...

Us - Ally just had her 4 month shots - I cried - I was so embarrased....she is asleep now..I'm staying home all day in case she does not feel well. Was going to clean / iron.. but just feel a little blah.... may go see how the prego ladies are doing... chat later

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast