Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #17

Morning all just going to do a quick post for now and see how I go thru the day.

CeeCee thanks I got the recipes, lol I wonder who got the last email and weather they will use any of the recipes. Poor Ally hopefully she'll be alright and just sleep a bit more.

Simone great news about having the computer for another day, hope your washing dries today you can send some rain up this way if you like.

IK have fun camping, we love camping we're going to Coffs in April for a week I think.

Bath is it DH's 40th this weekend, happy birthday to him and I hope you have a nice weekend.

Mel a bit about me, um I met DH when I was 20 and 5 months later I was pg with Kailen who is now 6, Lauchlan is 4, Wyatt is 2 and Cody is my new bubba. We got married when I was 18 weeks pg with Wyatt so just over 2 years, DH is a truck driver and leaves home at 4 in the morning and doesn't get home til after 6 at night so I sometimes feel like a single parent but I get over it pretty quick. All these girls are great their like my best friends and we've been thru alot together.

A big hello to Jess, hopefully will be back on before I go this arvo.

hugs xoxo

hi Guys,
    Sorry ive been missing in action for a while, i have been having a really hard time as you know and things just got on top of me, i had to go and stay with mum for a while which was a big help. I am home now but lachlan is still the same, waking about 7 times per night and not going back to sleep without a fight. I am seeing a slight improvement though but nothing to rave about yet.

I am going to canberra at the end of this month to try to get some help with his sleeping its the QEII centre (im not sure if you canberra people have heard of it) hopefully they can help me but i dont like my chances if tresillian couldnt.

I am trying to wean him but i cant get him to go back to sleep sometimes without my boob! its very frustrating, he will take a bottle in the night but wont take it in the day for some reason.
    I have also started him on rice cereal (mixed with BM or boiled water), he loves it!

Anyway, i will have to go back and check out how everyone is doing so ill be back with personals soon!!

Oh Dee he's looking gorgeous in your ticker!!!

Sorry girls... can't post much more... I'm a nervous wreck after making DH's 40th birthday cake for tomorrow. Remember that white chocolate strawberry shard cake (on my website if you've forgotten LOL) well this one is a double decker dark chocolate shard cake. It actually turned out quite well despite having Wade making a racket amongst other distractions... anyhow, need to make 2 dozen mini quiches now... I've also made a pavlova which turned out well.

I look forward to life getting back to normal next week....

Hope everyone has lovely weekends... I miss Nic too... might send her an sms...

Bath - you are the Martha Stewart of BB!!! your cakes sound delicious (if only i had time to cook one!!)
    I just read about Nialls sleep the other night - good stuff, im so jealous!!

IK - thanks for the SMS! Good to know that you girls care!! LOL at oscars caterpillar shimmy!! I love the picci of him in your ticker, Lachlan cant hold his arms out straight like that yet!!

Cee Cee - i really want a sydney meet up too, ill be up in sydney next week so maybe we should organise something??

Mel - welcome, you wont find a more friendly bunch of girls than the Junies!!
    A bit about me - i had the most easy pregnancy, never sick felt fine, went into labour
    (hour and a half) Lachlan arrived 10 days early. You would think that i had it easy but NO. From then on he has hardly slept for more than two hours (thats his longest) he had reflux and was screaming pretty well constantly until he was about 12 weeks, he seemed to settle down then but has now gotten into a really bad sleeping pattern. He wakes about 7 times per night and has to be fed before he will go back to sleep, he is a terrible day sleeper too so there is no catching up for me! but hey, i will deal with it, its become the norm now!
    oh i watched RPA too, and even with all the screaming and sleepless nights that i have i consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world to have a beautiful healthy baby!!

I forgot to mention that Lachlan now rolls from back to front and from front to back but hasnt yet mastered the art of putting them together (i hope he waits for a while).
    My reason for starting the solids early is that i have gotten to the point where i will try anything to get him to sleep for longer periods, i thought that it might fill him up more but it really hasnt made much difference anyway, he is really enjoying eating from a spoon so im going to continue to give it to him but i wont be introducing anything else for a few more weeks or the six month mark!

#karen# Guest

HI just a quick one, my dream run of sleeping thru is over. Also Nathan still has a bit of a lump on his leg from where he had his 4 month needles. He had his needles week ago, should I go back to dr or is this normal?
    Donna - glad you are going to QEII centre, now that Lachlans that bit older they should be able to help with settling. I remember you saying tresillian was understaffed so that probably had a huge impact on why you found them so unhelpful.
    Ceecee - meant to ask where are you going in Dec/Jan?
    Baths - u r amazing with your gourmet skills, I nearly have a nervous breakdown each night trying to prepare dinner and deal with kids underfoot. Why is it that they always come into the kitchen when you're trying to get things done?
    Have to go and catch up on posts now.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Karen - the only reason i survive making dinner every night with 3 young children as i make DH play with the kids while im making it - he bathes them and put them into their pjs (which i set out each arvo) its the easiest way to prevent chaos in my household!! And DH gets time with them before they go to bed

Bath - your a domestic goddess

Karen - i took lachlan for his needles yesterday and he has two really red spots on his legs that im sure will turn into lumps but apparently its normal the brochure that i got says "Occasionally you get an injection site nodule - may last many weeks - no treatment needed" but if you are worried about it i would see a GP.

Exhausted... at least it's been a good day to get clothes washing done which I had fallen behind with... DH is about to take DD to a special Little Athletics Twilight session with Wade so I might be able to have a bit of a lie down with Niall.

Hey great to see you back in here Karen! Yep Wade often had lumps for a few weeks after his injections... they eventually go... no harm done.

Still feels like there's a million things to get done before tomorrow... we've still got streamers up from Wade's birthday party a few weeks ago! I just added a few more last night. There's still a big "Happy Birthday" banner up too... I'll be able to take it all down after tomorrow and have a rest before putting up all the Christmas decorations that we always do on the 1st of December. Hey Melbourne Junies: Anyone coming up to see the famous Ivanhoe Christmas lights? You're welcome to walk over with us... we live only a few blocks away!

Gonna collapse/nap somewhere as soon as they all go... with just Niall here it will be very peaceful

Ok this will be my last post for over a week, I'll see if I can get on at mum's but she only has dial up so not sure. I jsut know that I'll have withdrawals lol, but any hoo I'll talk to you all later.

Dee Lachlan is looking great, sorry he hasn't started sleeping more hopefully when you go to the QE2 they'll be able to help.

hugs xoxo

Bath, can't wait to see pics of your latest cake - sounds great! I have never been to the Ivanhoe Chrissy lights but love the idea of a visit - I think Flynn will be entraced - he loves flashing things ATM. For mini quiches - a cheats way without pastry is to grease a patty tin tray, de-crust and roll flat white sandwitch loaf bread, then cut into squares, then put two squares in each patty tin hole (so its in a little star shape) brushing each surface with melted butter. Then fill with your egg/quiche mix and bake - really easy.

Ceecee, Flylady says buy a pair of shoes to wear just in the house. I figure we have floorboards so should be ok wearing street shoes....

Glad to see Karen and Donna back! We missed you! Donna, I'm sure you've been though everything but is there any chance Lachlan is intolerant of human lactose? Only reason I ask is my FIL was and settled right down after being put on goats milk (yep - back in those days his parents just bought a goat and milked it for him - can you IMAGINE a MCHN recommending such a homey remedy now!!!)

Hello to everyone else, too!

Mel, a bit about me. DH and I got married when we were 20 and 21 (it was an Austudy wedding - being in uni admin you probably would have seen a few of those LOL). DH is a engineer/SAHD and I am a lawyer/WAHM ("work at home mum" - got that from FlyLady too!) I am working one day a week from home but am thinking 2 days in the office and a half day at home will be much better - more money and probably more productive on the work front! Flynn is our bubba who is completely fake - easy going, rarely cries - fake fake fake.

That said, it takes me on to the topic of how my lamb is starting to grow into a sheepdog - no longer the placid, sleepy babe he once was. He now officially gets ratty between 4 and 7pm (context : he grizzles slightly - the Melbourne girls would tell me off if I dissed him cause they have seen his casual temprement). He has shown a definate preference for me when upset and is now a little difficult to get to sleep (it took me an hour to settle him the other night because he was in and out of the cot - feed, cuddle, back in cot, cry, feed more, cuddle, back in cot, cry, feed.....

I figured that during 4 and 7 I need to either get him to have a late afternoon nap (he's sleeping now - went down at 5.15 and its now 6pm) OR make sure I give him lots of Flynn time - he tends to get more ratty if I am distracted by the computer or cooking. And as for sleeping, I need to be more clear in reading him and now put him to bed unless he is actually tired. I figure it is worse for me to put him to bed because it's "time" and have him out in 5 mins than to keep him up and only put him to bed when he is ready.

better go - want to organise my FlyLady schedule while Flubby (Flynnie-Bubby) is still sleeping.

BTW - there are new pics of Flynn on the site, including a Kevin Bacon (a la "Footloose") impersonation.....http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...kenror/ourbub/

ETA - Bath, just realised you are a cancerian - so that's why you are such a domestic goddess!! my b'day is 15 july!!
    Last edited by Roryrory; November 3rd, 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Hi guys,

Just finished typing a huge post and lost it!!!! ARRRRRRR!!!!!!

I took me ages to read up on everyone and try to respond. I will make this one quicker

Bath - good luck with the party. Your culinary skills sound amazing, will have to steal some recipes off you!

Dee - things sound tough at the moment but they will improve. Hope the stay at QEII does the trick, stay positive. This group sounds very supportive so know we are all thinking of you.

IK - I am a big dog owner too! I have a 7 yo Great Dane called Cooper who was a show dog for most of his early life. He was like our child before kids. Not sure how long he has left as most great danes dont live very long. As for horses, I had a horse in my teenage years which I did showing and eventing. Great fun! I also worked in the Dandenongs at Kalorama for 8 years (pre kids). What a beautiful spot. The CFA must keep you busy during summer. Ken Stewart was the Kalorama fire chief when I was up there and they helped us with fire training etc. Hats off to you for volunteering. My brother was in the SES last year but was having back trouble so had to quit. He loved it.

CeeCee - Thanks. Ally is so cute. I will have to work out how to put the pictures on! The immunisations are hard, you feel like you are being so mean, but they quickly forget.

Simone and Jess - how do you girls do it? I was always wanting a big family but I think I missed the boat. Sometimes 2 challenge me LOL!! Whats the secret, share any tips you have to having a sane household?

Rory - Flynn is a beautiful little man. Your home/work situation sound great. Good on your DH for being a SAHD. Does he enjoy it? I agree that working from home is difficult, the distractions never end! I still do some odd things at home, even though I am on maternity leave, but I enjoy it. Keeps me in the loop until I return.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. Sorry if I have. I feel like I am slowly remembering who's who and that will make the posts quicker and easier.

MEL- I'm sure Simone will agree with me with the answer to how do we keep sane....Whats Sane mean???
    I'm not as passive as a lot of ppl think I am, I do get angry with my kids! But I believe that the kids need to have their own space but at the same time they need to be able to share everything with their siblings.
    CeeCee- My kids play with each other alot, but usually the boys play with each other and the girls play together.
    This FlyLady info is interesting, I'm planning on starting it up once I get my house.

Hey Jess - I think we all get agro with our kids at some stage. Do you find it easier as the kids have siblings to play with? I find Chelsea gets so bored and wants to keep doing something new. She will start one thing then 5 minutes later wants to do something else. Hopefully as Marley gets older, she can play with her for longer than 5 minutes LOL!!!

#karen# Guest

Well I now have a shiny sink too (thanks to flylady) well I did have, I still have to do washing up from dinner.
    Thanks for the posts re needles, I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but just wanted to make sure. I didn't want to be a neglectful mummy.
    Mel - welcome to the group. About me: been with dh for 15 years and married for 10(was 5 months preg on wedding day). Have 3 boys 10, 7 and baby. Had just gone back to work when I fell preg, so am now a SAHM again.
    Simone - You're lucky to have dh there to help, mine isn't usually home at that time and isn't keen on the bathing, brushing teeth thing. Tho if he is home he would tend to take over the dinner and let me take care of the kids, which is fine by me.
    Last edited by #karen#; November 4th, 2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to say

Mel- yeah I do find they enjoy having their siblings to play with , but trust me...once Marley gets older it will just get worse not only will Chelsea want to change doing things every 5 minutes but Marley will want to do the same thing! I find that if Elizabeth or Kate does something then Isabella has to do exactly the same thing.

Rory - i have asked about lactose intolorance but all the professionals just seem to say that they dont think so, i think that he has had reflux in the past and has now gotten into a really bad sleeping pattern, i really dont think that he is in pain anymore but who knows. All i know is that when he is up he is fine and im happy but when he starts to get tired thats when all the screaming starts. he just wont go to bed and when he does he wont stay asleep!

Well, im having a lazy weekend. DF has gone to sydney for a Bucks night tonight (didnt want him to go we cant afford it) he will be home tomorrow. This is my first night alone with lachlan, i guess i do it alone most of the time anyway with DF sleeping down the other end of the house but it is still good to know that there is someone else here.

We are having some financial problems at the moment, remember when we were in the belly budies thread and we were talking about how we were all going to manage when we finished work? well, how are we all going?
    i know that for us, its tough, we are still trying to sell DFs property up the coast (nine months now) we have had an offer which is less than what he payed for it three years ago but i think that we will have to take it, even though we are losing money on it and wont be able to get ahead.

Anyway Lachlan is asleep, i just put him in his cot and he went off by himself woo hoo!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!

I'm just about to upload the kids photos from the parade..there would have been more but I got conned into walking with them......bbl

Great to meet you Karen. Sounds like you life is pretty busy too!

Dee - glad Lachlan went off to sleep for you. I am sure things will improve for him and you. Financially things are OK for us, I could cut back on many things to make it even easier but I would rather not. Chelsea goes to creche 2 days a week which takes $400 a month from my wages and also a car payment (I wanted to get a new car before we fell pregnant with Marely and hoped to pay off more than we have!!). I could have cut down creche but then I wouldn't be able to keep my spot when I return to work in July 2007. I am in a fortunate situation of still receiving 60% of my part time salary. If I wasn't, the the car and creche would be out of the question! We pay fortnightly instalments off all our utilities and I give DH an allowance for the fortnight otherwise he would spend too much of it LOL!!! It works out OK most of the time until something nasty arrives, insurance ,rego etc. When I return to work, I will only be doing 2 days a week, so my income will still be reduced. I does get frustrating as I was a bit of shopaholic before and find it difficult to curb my addiction!

Jess - I was worried about Chelsea leading Marley astray! They both have slightly different personalities so I am going to have fun refereing the fights.

Quite day today, looking after my best friends daughter who is also 3 (she is Chelsea's best friend) as her mum had a beautiful baby boy on Thursday morning. They are keeping themselves amused and I am just about to go and make cupcakes. Wish me luck!!!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast