Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #18

a pink dress bath?? I dont have an email from you i will send my email address through again just to make sur ei havent given you the wrong one...

CC - as babies get older, they sleep less. Anneliese generally has one morning nap, and afternoon nap, an evening nap that she just gets up after to have a good feed and goes back to bed for the night. You are not a bad mother, i dont think you need tresillian. Is Ally sleeping well during the night, settling on her own etc etc??

Neeny... I'm not brave enough to be a mod.

Hail!

Both boys woke at 3pm... what a wonderful break!

eta: Simone: I made it a dark pink, almost burgundy... is that ok? otherwize it would have clashed with Anneleise who is also in pink... your email hasn't come through yet....

That sound great Bath!!

We had so much hail last hour... even a couple of rumbles of thunder! it was great! just sitting here while the kids are asleep(Well, xanders laying on the couch...) eating turkish delight and drinking loads of milk!!

I bought myself a ticket to see Pink in April *YAY*!!!
    Last edited by simone; November 15th, 2006 at 03:10 PM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone - thanks honey..yeah, she is a good night time sleeper, which is why I have not bothered to go before...she usually falls alseep on the boob but if not, we rock her in the hammock.. she has never put herself to sleep, it has always been either on the boob, in the hammock or in the baby carrier. She normally has 3 x 40 min (if I'm lucky) sleeps her day.... but it can take an hour or two to get her to sleep!

Happy 5 months Aleise!!! what a big girl you are...

Baths - you would be a great mod... you look after all us!

I'm pretty excited today as one of my good friends is moving to the area (she just bought a house near me), we are picking up the keys today... I'm so excited to have a friend here.. (and a baby sitter) DH and I have yet to go out without Ally...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Baths....oh... hail as in frozen rain? I thought you were saying Hail as in hallelulah? (sp?) as you got a good rest.. he hee

Yeah, frozen rail CC LOL. We just had another lot of it here, about 6 lots (goes for about 5-10mins each time) in the last 80 mins... Plus some thunder... im in heaven!! i love this weather, and you dont see it like this perth!! But i have to go out soon, not looking forward to THAT!!

Simone: Have sent off another email to you... I sent the first one to the same addy as you PMed me... wonder why it didn't get through? Maybe I made a typo...

CeeCee: the mods seem to be copping a fair bit of flack lately... such a shame as they are all mums like us giving their time for free whilst taking care of their kids... I guess I couldn't face the fury of livid members if I had to delete their posts. I saw a great quote at the bottom of one of the mods sigs though lately: "Be nicer than necessary, everyone is fighting their own battles".... or something like that. That's my philosophy anyhow... always give people the benefit of the doubt. *sigh* it seems a lot of people don't share it though and lash out at the slightest provocation... not pointing the finger... just an observation from reading other threads...

Thats why i stay out of all debates now Bath - its just easier. I do my own thing, and i cant take side anyway - i bf and ff, cloth and sposies... im not much good in a debate!!! Sarah_h has that at the bottom of her sig. Still nothing on the email front, i checked my junk box (incase it went in there, it shouldnt as i have received emails from you before...) I trust your judgement, and im not fussed what it looks like - your work is great, each one i've seen you so has looked like the person, so maybe just go ahead and post it!!

Im outta here in about 15 mins, have to go pick up a few things, and have to call my brother, just found out he was in a workplace accident... He works in a place that makes canopies for boats, and he was using an industrial sized overlocker and a thread got stuck... he tried to pull it out, and his finger got jammed in it, and he freaked and tried to pull it out. Apparently it mangled his finger a little... he's gone in for surgery. Hope his finger will be fine, he's only 17...

Ill check back in later Bath, im really looking forward to seeing your handiwork, and its SOOO good that the boys napped for you this arvo. Xander fell asleep at 10.30am (unusual for him!) and declan went downa bout 2pm... gotta wake him up now!! Gave a good evening girlies.

(i really REALLY dont want to go outside, the rain is almost horizontal, its that windy, and i've never known such cold... why did i come to melbourne!!! I must've been crazy LOL)

BBL girlies...

Hi everyone. Been out most of today, shopping for a 1st Birthday present and meeting up with IK.

IK - sorry if I chatted too much today, I can talk the leg off a chair LOL!!!! Your little man is beautiful and it was great to meet with you. Enjoy your training tonight, if you decide to go. Might be far too cold.

Bath - I didn't realise you did the avatars, they look great. When my time comes I will have to get you to do one for me. I particularly like the idea of having a slim waistline LOL!!!! Sounds like you had a great day with the kids sleeping, I think it must be the weather. Can't believe how cold it is - who would believe that summer starts in a couple of weeks.

CeeCee - don't stress. You sound like you are doing a great job. Don't ever doubt yourself as being a good mum.

Amanda - stop rubbing it in about being sweaty LOL!!!! Feels like the middle of winter here, two extremes, you are hot, we are freezing.

Simone - hope you brother and his finger are OK. Don't envy you having to go out in this weather - rug up! I am at least getting plenty of wear out of Marleys winter clothes.

Are we still meeting on Friday - where and what time? The sun better make an appearance by Friday.

Better go and sort dinner out. DH is at work tonight, so just us girls!!!

Mel: The official BB avatar person is Kathryn (AstroLady) but she's just had a baby and also has had computer problems so I've offered to fiddle around with Rory and Simone's... plus I did my own. I can't load them onto the site... I have to send them to AstroLady to check and load. I just modify them using Paint.
    Sounds Like you had a good meet with IK I won't be coming to Friday's meet at this stage but definately will at some point in the future.

Ahhh, back home, fire is cranking as I had hoped it would be
    Mel - I had a GREAT time talking with you! Now that I think on it, I don't think anyone could have guessed that we'd only just met. Marley is just so cute, with her little impish smile - and flirting with my boy and all... My myotherapy appointment was very timely and Oscar gurgled to himself for most of it before the tired squealing started - DP has him now, trying to get him to sleep. I stopped in at Aldi on the way home to exchange a pack of nappies my mum bought...he's in the green packet - I don't want to believe that he's growing so big, but that's exactly what he's doing.
    Haven't turned that carseat around yet - still haven't found the booklet...
    Cee Cee - the last thing you want to do is measure your mothering skills against other people's opinions! Oscar will have long waking times from time to time (more often lately), but he will sleep at night, so I don't worry. Some days he will sleep, some days he won't...it has never occurred to me that we need a sleep school for him. When people ask if he sleeps through we just say yes. I don't want most people's unsolicited opinions. We've been together on BB for a long time and I have no reason to believe that you need any sort of outside help for Ally's sleeping. I think she'll find her rhythm and you'll recognise it and fall into it. The thing with 'routines' is that they change as the babies change. You are doing a stand up job, ok?
    Simone - sorry I got your message so late -I was getting out of the car at Knox when I thought I should check my phone. I'm still up for Friday. If it's not too difficult (g20 and all) to make it through to the Botanical Gardens, then I would like to head out there in the case of sunny weather (actually, Mel, I was thinking that we could even get off at Richmond, and walk across to the gardens, avoiding the CBD altogether).
    Ok, gotta think about dinner so we can get to training tonight - I think I'll be looking after Oscar again tonight, given that poor DP couldn't really get a decent drop into the boy last night (protesting at the pretend boob!). We'll have to practice for next week anyway, so I might try some tomorrow.
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 15th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.

Howdy all - so proud of myself - just looked at the KMart sale catalogue on line and there is nothing I want. Not just "nothing I think I will buy" but nothing I want. Dunno what's happened to me - I even went to DFO with mothers group today and only bought lunch (ok, I bought a $10 shirt from Pumpkin Patch but that is because Mick's grandma gave me $10 to buy Flynn a pressie. Bummer is it blew away in the bag while I was packing Flynn and the pram in the car and I didn't notice till I got home. Grrr!)

I am still up for a meet up on Friday - shall we say 12noon at the clock at Melbourne Central?

Must be a record - 3 posts at once!!

I am happy to go wherever

Rory, I still don't have your email address - I have the one that is now your DH's still in my address book (mustn't have saved the changes properly, cos I remember going in to edit your card!) - could you please send me a blank email with it?

Hello everyone, just back from the pool, it was lovely, not as hot or humid today, more wind around it was 38C today (got to 42C yesterday) still no rain. It was Nathan's first official swim today, I've dunked him before but he lets out a terrible high pitched scream, so funny, today I ignored his screams and just kept talking to him and he settled down but his feet and legs were curled up to his body and his hands were tight little fists, poor baby. The water was lovely though.
    Arrrrgghhh Melissa just did a big poo in her swimmers, yay for me, all cleaned up now though.
    Nathan is an Okay sleeper not as good as the girls all were, and he actually started out pretty good and has gotten worse, but all my own fault, I will feed him about now and put him down and he will sleep till 7 have a shower boob and bed and sleep till 11--1 and then wake feed and come to bed with me and will wake and feed anywhere between 4-6. I know I should change his sleep habits before it gets worse but he's my last baby and I like our night time snuggle, when it's all quiet. I should put him back to bed after the midnight feed and let him settle hiself back to sleep as he really only has a little whinge and I pop him on and he's back to sleep within a minute or five anyway. I'm just a big sook for him, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cee_Cee99 View Post
    i was at yoga then coffee with mothers group yesterday and ally was awake from 7am tll noon - they convinced me she needed proffessional help and to have a day stay at Trisillian...now I feel like I've been doing something wrong? There is a 4 week wait for Trisillian, but in 4 weeks I'm going away for 4 weeks... so that is 2 months of me feeling like I'm an inadequate mother...i have never felt so unsure of my skills as a Mother before!
    Cee Cee who are these pple, where are their degree's, if bub sleeps well at night what does it mater about how long her day time sleeps are, I really doubt she needs professional help, I am sure you have done nothing wrong, babe and you are not an inadequate mother. It really goads me when 'bizzy body i've read a book type super mums' go out of their way to put other mother's down by telling them.... argghhhh.

....Does it go a little like this "Your child is different to mine so therefore your child needs professoinal help and I read a book and been to a meeting so I know better then you" type senario.
    Now in saying thaT, LOL, I've only had 5 babies and I can tell you with all sincerity that all babies are different and what works for one may not work for another. and next time you need to tell these super mums that "Ally is a great sleeper and if you can get your night time sleep what does it matter if she's awake during the day, I mean aren't we supposed to be awake during the day" Baby's sleep less as they get bigger, she may have only a couple of sleeps aday but if she sleeps at night, big deal.

It doesn't stop, does it? You'd think that after the pregnancy everyone's all 'adviced out'...but no. The only parenting book I have read, thus far, is Pinky's Parenting by Heart...and that gave me more confidence to continue just the way I am. If you haven't read it, Cee Cee, then please do! It is a long winded way of teaching you to say 'bite me' As you know, I'm not averse to uttering these words...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast