Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #18

Hi I have some new family photo's on my homepage for you guys to look at.

Amanda: Seeing that wonderful dinosaur cake you made reminded me to upload DH's 40th birthday cake... I also made a berry cheesecake last Monday... geeze, I've certainly got a thing for strawberries this year! (piccys of both are under creations in my main site).

Brrr.... sooo cold... turned off the central heating about a month ago... might light the fire instead...

ETA: checkin' them out now Heaven!

Oh Dee they are gorgeous photos - seeing you two with all your kids makes me want five as well!! But I think due to age and $$ we will stop at 3....maybe!

Ceecee I agree with Dee - those people sound like nutbags out to make you feel unsure of yourself. I bet Dee, in your childrearing years you have seen many a parenting fad come and go - LOL!! Personally I love to read childrearing books, but I am more into the ones about development and how the brain works than the "here is how you get a kid to sleep" kind (DH and I read em and debate em and take bits from here and there and then have Flynn throw everything out the window !!) but I would NEVER tell a mum in my mum's group that they need professional help where all they had was a different style to mine. Speaking of which, I reckon I nailed the little bugger today - read him the riot act with a nice baby massage, sleep cues, a wrap and NO NONSENSE. But that said 20 mins after "going down" he is lying in his cot, awake, sucking his dummy, looking around the room. At least he's not screaming.

Dee, do you reckon it's bad to leave a kid like that - alone in his cot, quiet but awake? It is 8.30pm. I know I am being sily but I need a mum who has had and not screwed up 5 kids to tell me that. Bath, you can join in too - please tell me he won't develop some weird ar$e nerosis.

I am rambling, can you tell I'm tired

better go - IK will send you that email now.....

Evening ladies. Another night on my own... these are the nights when i need a warm body to cuddle up to!!

Have my defence testing tomorrow, fingers crossed it goes well...

Ill be lurking mwahaha...

LOL Rory: Um, well, tonight Niall had NO CHOICE but to lie in his cot alone and quietly awake... because I was too busy chasing Wade around and trying to get him to bed! He'd had that 2 hour nap today... and no outside play which has him STILL awake... but at least he's in bed now... calling out the odd silly name to Verity (she's in her bed too but they share the same end of the house). Anyway in between returning Wade to bed and saying goodnight to verity I checked in on Niall a few times and by about the 4th time he'd fallen asleep by himself. So... no... I don't think it does any harm... I actually think it's really good to allow babies and children to be left alone with their own thoughts. Rory... it's not 1984 (George Orwell's) where people thought you were strange to want to be left alone... infact wasn't it even illegal (to be alone)?! Hahaha... j/k

Awww Simone: all I can say is try to turn a negative into a positive... enjoy being able to lie diagonally across the bed!!! How I love to do that! And think of me tomorrow morning at about 5am sandwiched between Niall and DH with possibly Wade in there too somewhere... feeling numb all down one side because I can't roll over because I don't like it when DH breathes in my face LOL Oh for a King size bed.... anyone got one of those???

ETA: Oh! I forgot to add Heaven: Dee, your new family pics are absolutley gorgeous!!! You all look so relaxed, especially your DH... mine gets a bit tense when having his piccy taken LOL there's one of us all from last Christmas that I've just added to my site too.... anyhow sory for that tangent... Dee you're looking the essence of contentment, and Nathan! What a little man he is! Oh and I love that shower shot of him too! So well done! Are they going to be framed Chrissy pressies for this year? They'd look absolutley gorgeous enlarged and framed.

Babies going to sleep on their own - After Anneliese has had a feed and cuddle, i wrap her, give her a dummy and put her to bed, awake. She may cry sometimes, and unwraps herself, but i go in, wrap her (without making eye contact) and leave again. i just did that then and she's now asleep. If she cry's its normally only because she's so tired.

No solids for Anneliese today, she wasnt interested like she was yesterday. Im not fussed, ill try everyday but if she doesnt want it, im not going to push. She'll eat it if she's hungry/interested

Bath - it IS nice laying diagonally, but i would love to have my head on dh's chest, his arm around me... Whenever the kids wake up during the night, i take them straight back to bed, i like to spread out on my side, and when ryan stays he takes up a good 2/3 of the bed, no nobody shares my side, and when dh isnt here, i do like to spread... Anneliese comes in about 4am and shares, thats about it. Xander's still awake, which is [email protected] as i have to get them to daycare by 6.30am, and i have to be on cnr of victoria st and elizabeth st by 8.45am (going to have a nice calm breakfast by myself in between them!! I think Declan might be awake as well, but i dont want to check on him, might disturb him nodding off...

It was hailing again a little while ago, its just freezing outside...

ETA Im so angry, xander wandered off and got my and empty trukish delight packet... i ate hlaf a block while online this afternoon, and left the other hlaf in the fridge, and the little s**t just ate it... its the only treat i allow myself, otherwise i would spend everyday wallowing in cadbury's!!!

Nooooo! Not the Turkish Delight!!!!:eek: Geeeze I'd be cross about that...it's my all time fav too. You gotta find a better stashing spot than that Simone LOL I've several... oh and BTW I gave Verity that ChuppaChupp that I stashed in the teapot on the mantlepiece... had to buy some Niall care time... can't recall why... think it was so that I could cook something... now that i come to think of it I think she definatley got the better end of the deal... LOL

No, not the choccies!!!! I suspect Xander knows by now that you are not very pleased with him...
    Oscar is STILL asleep and just now I went to the bathroom to 'squirt'...before remembering my surgery next week, so I pinched my nipple, rushed to the kitchen to grab a storage cup...and I've nearly filled it. I was quite rock hard there! I don't know why I panicked, I still have 9 of those cups, full, in the freezer. Oh, well, just in case he gets super hungry while I'm under!
    Yep, it's too late to go to the fire station and Oscar is best off sleeping, given he didn't really get a chance for a decent sleep today (was out and about from the morning till abotu 5.30pm).
    I have an edging ready to go on this muslin I have...just gotta pin it now and sew it on.
    I"ve even fed the dog!
    Oh, Mel, I was musing - we have much in common. I.e. babies born same day, same weight, we live in the same sort of area, we like the same dogs, your employer is my educator and it's even the same school in the same faculty!
    oooh, I hear Oscar noises - doh, my muslin!

Rory, I'm still rolling around laughing, I'll just compose myself okay well the jury is still out on the screw 5 kids up bit, lol they have a little ways to go before I can truely tell that one, lol But it's looking pretty good so far. No I don't think it will make them neurotic, in fact just the opposite, too much stimuli is a bad thing, they need sometime with themselves and rest assured when they want you they will let you know. Bath is right sometimes they don't have a choice, sometimes you just have to put them on the shelf so to speak. I won't go into all my parenting practices as I may invoke a heated lengthy debate as I know there are varied opinions within this realm, but I do not see a problem with leaving bub put themselves to sleep even if they are whinging a bit, believe me when I say that the world will not end if you have done everything you can do, ie bath, food, dry nappy, little cuddle and let bub put themselves to sleep. It's good practice, lol.
    Simone, I'm alone tonight too, I love night shift, the whole bed to me and one, two , three babies, I can stretch out, lol DH is home around 5.30. I do get the bed to myself sometimes though, lol.
    IK I have missed the bits about your surgery, hope it's nothing too serious, I'll be thinking of you and sending you fast recovery vibes, ohhh hang on is this your Wisdom teeth?? Ooowweee good luck, Babe.
    Bath I'll have to get you to make me a cyber cake they look yummy.
    Choccies, I've been naughty tonight I have had some honey roasted nut cadbury choc tonight, hmmm and the kids asked for some, the cheek of them, I let them have a square each, lol, well theyu are big squares.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; November 15th, 2006 at 09:14 PM.

Bath - normally i hide the TD in the freezer, i like it better that way, but i just chucked it in there this afternoon, he's such a piggy... and if i remember rightly, that CHuppaChup was Verity's in the first place, wasnt it?? LOL

ETA i updated the kids websites with a couple more piccy's each - could only get about 2 new ones of declan up, he looks away from teh camera most times you take a piccy of him!! there's some great ones on there though, taken with Dh's speccy digi SLR camera... his pride and joy. LOL
    Last edited by simone; November 15th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.

Simone: didja get my email???

OMG my legs have gone purple... better go have a hot shower to thaw out... DH at some work function... he was meant to play lawn bowls this afternoon as part of a staff party... he's quietly thrilled about the hail no doubt.

...and when i get out I'm having that last piece of cheesecake! with a hot choc.

ETA: regarding that ChuppaChupp: the ownership is debatable. I suspect she purchased it with money she was meant to return to me after going down to the local IGA for some bread one day... Wade actually found it in her room... he wandered out with it and said it was near her pillow I think... so i confiscated it! When she discovered that it was gone she simply asked if Wade had been in her room... you shoulda seen her face when I presented it to her... she didn't know what to say LOL

Nope bath, nothing I wonder whats going on?? I reckon just send it off to kathryn and surprise me. You always do a wonderful job anyway

Yay, got a hot shower, hot choc AND cheesecake!!! and maybe if you get into bed in time you will get to sleep diagonally across it LOL

Funny story about Cadbury's Turkish Delight. Years ago DH and I were car travelling in Tassie with another couple and we dropped by the Cadbury factory in Hobart before staying with DH's great aunt and uncle. They had a fat little corgi called Poppet - so fat it's belly brushed up on the grass as it waddled around. Because there were 4 of us we camped in the backyard with the dog and left most of our cooking/picnic gear out on the outdoor table overnight. In the morning we discovered Poppet had eaten a WHOLE KILO of Turkish Delight. Poor bugger didn't show her face that day. The funniest bit was the next night she dragged her food bowl from her kennel to the entrance to our tent, so it was there waiting for us in the morning. It was as it she was saying "Your food make me bloody sick - here, try this". PML!!

Thanks guys, I reckon the isolation ward is a good thing for The Boy too. Especially if he is going to be a big brother one day - I can hardly spend all my time rocking him to sleep when I have two or three more to contend with!

nighty night girls!

Dee - what an absolutely beautiful family you have. I'm with Rory, looking at such a big family makes we wish I had of started a bit earlier but I am still contemplating whether I should have a No 3. DH still wants 4!!!! Glad Nathan enjoyed his swim and being so hot, it probably did him good. Hard to imagine swimming when it was only 8 degrees at 10am this morning and more cold weather tomorrow. Enjoy the sunshine.

Bath - your cake was making me salivate!! They all look wonderful. You could be a cake decorator, they look so professional.

Simone - best of luck with your test tomorrow. Everything crossed for you. Don't forget to stock up on chocolate tomorrow (as a celebration for doing so well on your test!)

IK - we are pretty freaky aren't we!! It's amazing that we have so much in common, probably why we talked for so long. Glad myo went well. Hopefully you get to finish your wraps soon. Marley went to bed when I got home (3.30pm) and woke at 6pm, had her feed, then wanted to go back to bed at 7pm and is still asleep! She really needs to catch up when she hasn't had her full day sleeps (loves a snooze like her DH!!). Oscar obviously needed his snooze too.

Rory - I often let Marley go to bed awake. Sometimes she goes off quickly, but other times she will squeal and chat to herself then nod off. Or she has unwrapped herself and I do what Simone does and go in quietly, wrap back up, tuck her in and leave. Sometimes I think they enjoy a bit a quiet time with themselves (don't we all LOL!!!)

Off to make my nightly coffee (and maybe a piece of chocolate!!)

I wouldnt mind some chocolate... i dont even have a freedo/bribery stash! Finally all 3 ratbags are asleep, they were all fighting it for so long...

See the bushfires coated in snow?? About to do a story on 10 late news...

ETA Bath, i sent you an email, wonder if replying would work...

AND if im not on here tomorrow or friday, please dont freak and think im dead LOL just got a busy couple of days... and saturday night im taking the kids into the city to see the wiggles xmas.

Simone, I forgot to wish you luck tomorrow, good luck, and I could do with some of your cool weather it is 30C outside right now and a clear starry night. I love our storms, I preying on one now, who knows maybe tomorrow.

Mel, your signatures says Marley was born on the 9 and so does your ticky ticker. I think it is cool that our Babies, you me and Ik had our babies on the same day, I would love to hear your birth story, have you done one. Interesting how they were all about the same size, When was your due date.
    Rory your poor doggy, Lol at you story, very cute

Dee - thanks for noticing that - I have gone and changed it. She was born 19th! Must have been a busy day. I posted her birth story last week, have a read and a laugh! I can laugh about it now LOL!! She was due on 19th and I had both girls on their due date - pretty freaky. I was going to post and ask if anyone else has had 2 babies born on their due date as I haven't heard of anyone else doing it. Hope you get your storm, they are awesome on those balmy nights.

Simone - I have to have an extra piece for you LOL!!!

Thanks for that mel LOL i had some twisties, but i didnt really feel like savoury so im just going to ignore that craving and type more on here. i cant believe im almost at 1500 posts!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast