Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #18

#karen# Guest

Mel enjoy your night out
    Dee - yeah I'm in Sydney except in hills district. Miranda's a bit too far for a little boy who doesn't like the car much.
    Simone I still wrap Nathan, he usually ends up sideways in cot and completely unwraps himself.
    Amanda I was quite relieved with the nappy changes after introducing solids as they were so runny they were leaking out the back every time.

I just gave Anneliese some farex with EBM and puree pear, (about 2 tbsp all up) and she ate it all she loved it, and i will be giving her one meal a day from now on. She giggled at me the whole time...

I called DH and told him, and as he said "She's come a long way since the NICU." She sure has.

Just surfing around youtube, i've heard heaps about it, just watching scissor sisters new vid clip. such a funky song!

Just got back from work after a few morning meetings - I was shocked to find my boss is happy with how I am going in terms of meeting my budget - yay! I was also very proud of myself that I didn't buy any expensive crap in the city - I did buy a copy of Who Weekly (which I hid from DH - I am embarrased to be caught reading trash about Brit's bust up with K-Fed!!, and to be honest I regretted the $4.30 I paid for it!) and a small book about food and wine matching for $8 but THAT"S IT. Yes, made it through Melb Central with bank balance mostly intact.

Karen, Flynn is a back-leaker too! I figured it was just cause he had no bum - I didn't realise it was a universal baby-thing.

Sim, you hip young thing watching youtube - bet you know how to download mobile pohne ringtones too!

IK, I reckon hang out to 6m if you can - I was really keen to and in fact had decided I would, but the gluten thing just tipped me over. Geez it was a hard thing to decide, though, cause there are only a few studies here and there, and nothing to answer the question of whether "late" intro of gluten (ie: after 7m) is a problem if bub is still mainly BF, which I intend to do. Also, many of the studies were focusing on kids who already had a family member with coeliacs disease, which Flynn doesn't.

gotta go - off to visit my GF and her one month old son today, provided she has had a good night's sleep!!

Rory - i CAN download stuff to phones, but not to my phone... its too old!! I want DH's PDA, has a iMate Jammin... his dad bought it for him. like $900!!! I wouldnt buy it for him, so daddy bank opened for him...

I now have hayfever, everytime i seem to shake something i get something else!!

And i only watched youtube as i wanted to see Scissor Sisters new song, and when i googled it, thats what came up... off to play with the kids websites for a while started anneliese's journal today, and did some milestones.

hi girls,

Well, today is much nicer than yesterday, i have done two loads of washing and hung them out to dry (its a bit windy so shouldnt take too long)

Simone - Im glad the solids went well, i have had lachlan on them for a few weeks now, i dont think it makes him sleep any better (which is why i tried it) but he loves eating from a spoon and has really mastered the art!

Ok, IK, you will understand this one -
    We have to go to a wedding on saturday (i dont want to go, just for the record) anyway, DF wants to leave Lachlan with his mum. Now she is great with kids etc, she has raised 6 of them but Lachlan is so unsettled and really clingy at the moment and im just really worried about leaving him. She doesnt understand that when he is tired he NEEDS to go to sleep, not stay up and play. She has two kids at home with her they are 13 and 11, they dont understand that he is a baby and they yell and scream around him and he gets really upset. Im dreading leaving him with her. I have left him with my mum and he is fine because they have spent so much time together but he hardly knows MIL and i think that its cruel to leave him. DF just says "hes a baby, he wont know" but he certainly does.
    Mum calls me if Lachlan is too upset and i come home from whereever i am but MIL wont do that because that would be like admitting that she cant settle him and i would rather her call me.
    I dont know what to do!

Should i just say no, im not leaving him and risk an argument with DF and MIL being offended? or do i just go along with it, i know he will be ok but he will be really upset and im not going to enjoy myself? OR be really sneaky and fake an illness so i cant go at all?

OMG the air cons are working overtime, it is so hot and humid here, we are bound to have a storm soon, It is 39C outside, I'm sweating like a little piggy trying to get stuff done. I'm back home but not for long a few weeks and we'll be back in Brissy to buy a new house for us to live in. It's time to leave this joint. 6 years is long enough.
    The simple life, hmmmmm let me see, car 2002 model, old car 2000 model, plasma screen, check, lcd screen, check, dvd recorder, check all mods and cons, yup. keeping it real simple here, lol, not. Godddd I love having money, (evil laugh). ( We was poor wonce, never again, I hope, lol, eek).

Solids, Nathans not interested yet, we'll see over the next month.

Can't wait, 4 weeks till we go to see the Wiggles and Robbie Williams. Woohoo,... Is it wrong that I'm more excited about seeing the Wiggles, lol?
    OMG it's way tooooooo hot.

Simone I have found Marley a good body length out from her blankets, she must kick her feet and push her way up and is near the other end of the cot! Our babies are getting far too clever LOL!!! Great news about the solids - good girl Anneliese! I love Scissor Sisters and the new so is so cool - good music to do housework to, gets you motivated to push that vac a little bit harder LOL!!!!

IK - wave pool is at Glen Waverley (on Waverley Road). DH wasn't very happy with the parents facilities there (he is sounding like a real mum LOL!!), there were only 2 parents change rooms and lots of dads with their daughters so he had to wait a while to get into them. He has got a thing about changing her in mens change rooms (I have too!!), He normally goes to the Knox Leisureworks at Boronia - has heaps of parents changerooms and room for prams etc. Chelsea had fun and should be very tired tonight and sleep beautifully for DH when I go out. The kids are always really good for him - typical!!!

Rory - you should be very proud of yourself making it through Melb Central like that - the place is a gold mine! Like IK, I am going to try to wait until the 6m mark and so far Marley has shown no signs of wanting it - plus it's a lot more work (I'm not really that lazy LOL!!!)

Dee - I'd be doing the sneaky illness thing, that way you don't offend anyone. If you really don't wont to go, you wont enjoy yourself and you'll be worrying about Lachlan all night anyway. All my washing has dried too - very windy today.

7th Heaven - the heat must be getting to you if you want to see Wiggles more than Robbie LOL!!!!! You poor thing it must be awful being so hot. Thank god for air-con.

Dee, Dee, Dee I think you're getting into troubled waters there hun. You should go to the wedding, it will be fun and outings like that are few and far between and need to be taken advantage of, lol, BUT We as mothers have to remember that our DH parents are just as entitled and needed as grandparents as our own parents are. Maybe he needs to go to the MIL so that he will get used to her. There is nothing more important than family, and if she is willing then grasp it, make the most of it. Now I know being a first time mother can make you alittle crazy when it comes to who you leave your kids with. But she did raise your DH and 5 others, so I'm guessing she kinda knows what she is doing, I think you need to trust her, give her this chance. I know you trust your mum more, and that is great, But I think you need to put a little faith in your MIL. Let her know your reservations or get DH to do it and give her the number, call her yourself after the ceromony and during the reception. But don't worry yourself too much, you want to have fun, and who knows he might just be fine. Just offering my opinion. In the end you can only do what you think is best.

LOL Mel, it is very hot. Hot potato, hot potato...
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; November 14th, 2006 at 01:51 PM.

7th we'll have to organise a meet when you come back down, will be nice to meet more Junies.

Dee yay at been able to get your washing done, I don't know what to say about the MIL issue but I hope you work it out .

Simone I'm glad that Anneliese like her solids.

Me I'm not sure when I'm going to start solids yet, as we speak he's having a chew on my finger so I think he maybe getting a tooth . Another hot day here today not sure what the temp is but it's bloody humid.

Got to go make Lockie a drink.

hugs xoxo

Perth and QLD, send the warm weather down here!! Im freezing, only just turned the heater off... Sun's come out, but its still cold!!

I finally figured out how to put links in my sig... Nothing can stop me now Mwahahaha!! (im going crazy... LOL)

just checking out BOM for friday's weather forecast... any ideas for meet up depending on the weather??

BTW, They reckon its meant to be 14 in melbourne tomorrow... 14!!! Are they serious!! Theres 2 weeks until summer, and we're going through and extended winter!!

OK, just found this... Mind you, this is only for melb (as if you couldnt tell, everywhere else is 30*C+ Hahaha)

Thursday Few showers. Min 7 Max 18
    Friday Fine. Min 8 Max 21
    Saturday Fine. Min 9 Max 23
    Sunday Fine. Min 11 Max 25
    Monday Fine. Min 15 Max 30

Afternoon girls, I agree it's a lovely day here in Melbourne... just about to hang out my last load of nappies. Been weeding the garden... the soil is lovely after the rain.

Solids: Niall will most likely make it to 6 months but if he starts losing weight I will consult the MCHN and do what she recommends... I really trust her... she knows that all babies are different and doesn't apply blanket solutions. However I do agree that the world of solids is a messy one if they aren't ready... it goes everywhere! We tried it too early with Verity and put her off it I think plus it went everywhere because I didn't realise she didn't know how to swallow. Back then they recommended to try solids from 4 months I think. Wade was much better... with him the recommendation was from 5 months and he was ready... he didn't push it out with his tongue, cleaned the spoon nicely and opened his mouth like a baby bird for more. Anyhow I suspect Niall isn't quite ready yet so am happy to wait as he is still gaining lots of weight and has also started to sleep for longer at nights. Last night was about the 3rd night in a row of him sleeping "through"... so I really don't want to alter anything.

Thanks Rory for discovering FlyLady.... she's been very inspiring... i think I'll be ready to accpet her email reminders from the start of next year.

ok... promised to watch Pocoyo with Wade.... back later. Sorry to those I missed...

well hi again

Aleise has been asleep nearly an hour so hopefully I can get some time to post here.

gluten solids: I'm a Coeliac and I asked the paeditrician about the need to test Aleise for it at 3 months (when my brother was tested) and he said not to worry unless there are any problems. He also said don't worry about introducing gluten/wheat solids when the time comes and you only need to be concerned if there are any adverse reactions. BTW - I'm the only Coeliac in the family so I don't think its a strong gene. I was told by my paed (when I was a kid) I'm not likely to pass it on unless my hubby is coeliac too. Also many people are wheat intolerant but not Coeliac. Gluten is in rye, barley and oats too so it isn't just wheat. Rory: I wouldn't worry unless Flynn has any vomiting, diarrohea, weight loss and/or bloating.

Abba show: Yeah I agree some presenters were crap like the chick who did "Honey Honey" and Rhonda Burchmore looked like mutton! I admit she's got a great bod but it looks silly on a woman her age to be prancing in a dress that's meant for 20 somethings! Kerri-Anne looked better.

Billy Joel: We're going on Tues 21st Nov and can't wait! Have got a full week next week too as its my work Christmas party on 24th and my brother's engagement party on 25th! Oh and get this he's having a pizza night and told me to bring my own food... nice hey?

Weather: yep nice and hot and can't wait to swim in my neighbour's pool soon. Would like some more rain though.

Well sorry no real personals - not much to say really - take care all and chat again soon.

Hey Bath

Neeny - thats kinda silly of you BIL, having a party, but telling you to bring you own stuff??

Well, just hung out 2 loads of towels, and a load of nappies, the sun has decided to show and its windy, so they should be dry soon!! There's showers meant to be coming in tonight, BOM reckons... so my garden might get even more green!!

DH might be going to U2, or should i say working it... I wanted to go to Billy Joel, but had no money at the time, thinking of going to Pink, i just love everything about her...

just quickly cos I have to get ready to go out...
    Simone - I missed the washing opportunity! Gonna have to hang some in front of the heater and the rest under the house!
    Dee - I read Tulip's parenting debrief about when she went against her better judgement and left Lucas with her IL's. For me it's not worth the 'if he does' factor. DP said he 'could get upset or might not', but this is my boy, who DOES have feelings and a consciousness and it's not worth it. It's also recommended to gradually leave babies with people who wil care for them with someone relatively unfamiliar for such a long period of time. Of COURSE they know - I get peeved when people assume that babies are like goldfish! They are little people who absorb everything. Go with your gut feeling because it's always right. If you have time to do some groundwork between now and then, then do it and see how you feel about how they go together. If you don't feel she is ready, then you have more of an obligation to yourself and Lachlan than you do to anyone else. I'm sure my MIL thinks I'm a bit precious, but she to prove herself to me, not the other way around.
    I think Oscar just submitted my post unfinished. He's on my lap and touching everything!
    OK, better get going, sorry I haven't responded to everyone! Catch you all later tonight or tomorrow
    PS Mel - I like Knox's facilities, too But Ringwood has a good set up, for an older pool. I only go there cos of Babyswim and their hydrotherapy pool, but was using Knox before that. See you tomorrow!

Hiya girls! Just back at the PC from an afternoon of housework - desk tidied (ready for "work" work") and washing done. Problem is my washing machine has developed a tissue gland I swear I checked!!

Dee, I was about to say "no, no, don't let your MIL look after Lachlan, but I reckon there is merit in what Dee (7th) has to say. That said, Flynn tends to be an "easy" baby and I am still stressing at the thought of my mum looking after him on the 8th of dec, when we have a function to go to. So I am a wuss when it comes to leaving bubs too!!

7th H - I bet the "poor" in we wuss poor once is pronounced "paw-wuh" in your best Southerner's accent? LOL! DH and I talk about when we wuss paw-wuh and were cherrypicking up near Wangaratta - we ran out of dosh before payday and ate dry lettuce sandwitches on white bread for 2 days (we were only pretending to be poor - we were both 18-19 and still living at home- we could have easily asked our parents for $20 but there was a certain romance in living in a tent and picking cherries all day).

Hey Amanda I am jealous of the heat you are experiencing!! Chilly here ATM.

IK, do you know if there are any hydrotherapy pools over my way? I can't seem to find any on the web and wondered if your pool was part of a hydro pool association??

Neeny, you're right about the genetic link in CD - apparently 40% of the popultaion have the gene but only 1% get CD. They reckon it is caused by a combo of genes, environmental factors and bodily stesses. But i figure as a mum I have to be neurotic about something - my neurosis is Flynn developing an allergy. I get hayfever pretty bad (well I used to before I was pg - it has only been mild this year - WTF??)

Bath, I can't claim kudos for Flylady - I was ref'd to her by someone in the homemaker thread! I wouldn't rec the email alerts - they are mostly things you can do without IMO. But I do like the daily missions - today I was supposed to clean beind my toilet, but it was clean already

Mel, Flynn is an esacpe artist too - he often wriggles out from under the covers. Funniest thing is I use the patented "Wally-Wrap" (invented by my GF's DH Wal) which pins Flynn's arms to his sides, so when he slithers out from the covers he ends up the top of the cot kicking like a little Riverdancer - PML!!

Sim, I reckon Melb Central is still the safest place to meet up - that way if it is nice we can venture out but have somewhere warm and dry if its awful. Who else is up for a Melbourne meet-up on Friday??

And girls, check out the new avatar that Bath made for me!!! Thanks Bath

Rory: Yeah I just noticed the new Av has been uploaded... but it seems either I or Kath forgot to make the background transparent *d'oh* However to everyone who hasn't met Rory... this looks a bit more like her ... Horizontal stripes and all

Bath, Rory's Av looks great, adn it definately looks liker her. One day mine'll look more like me LOL. As thos eof you have met me will know, it looks nothing like me!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast