Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

Hi Ladies,
    I'm Charmaine from Melbourne, mummy to Aja born 23rd June
    I hope its ok if I join in here?

What do you think, Junies? Do we let her in? Welcome to our cosy club, Char (allow me to be the first to shorten your name...)
    Tell us about you! What kind of birth experience did you have? What has your baby surprised you with to date? What characterises your parenting? Where in Melbourne do you live?
    I'm off to visit my dad now, then off to a friend's for dinner. When I get back I expect there to be plans laid for tomorrow's meet up! I'm on my mobile if you need to ask me anything about tomorrow. Mel, I decided I'll catch the train from here and get off to meet you at Boronia, unless you're on the platform and I can see you on the first carriage? I'll log on later, anyway, to see what time we're meeting to organise the train timetable, sound good?
    Catchyas later!

Hi CKM and welcome, congratulations on the birth of your little one, a Melbourne girl you say, well there are quite a few in here and they have regular meet ups if your interested, I obviously don't go as I live a little to far away, lol. Please feel free to share your birth experience and your experience so far.

Simone - well done! You should be very proud of yourself. Having 3 options is brilliant, hopefully you get the CI one. Sounds pretty interesting, you'll have to tell us all about it tomorrow. You were jealous about me eating chocolate last night, now I am jealous of you eating satay beef (yum!!!).

Amanda - it's so nice to hear people will still help out esp cabbies. They get a really bad wrap in melb - some are a little strange! Hope Cody is not too worse for wear after his needles.

IK - Glad pre-op meeting went well and DP is getting his head around the feeding thing. He will be fine - just needs a bit of practise!!! I had my first Chai latte the other day and it was beautiful - real cinnamon flavour. I thought they might be pretty awful - milky tea (uwwwww) but was pleasantly suprised. I am cool to meet you at Boronia in the first carriage, what time does train come and where do I get a ticket, what ticket to I buy????? Remember, I am public transport idiot and have no idea what to do!!!!!

Char - Welcome to the group, I am relatively new too and this forum and these girls are wonderful. Look forward to hearing more about you and Aja.

Chelsea is ready for a bath, then bed. She is so excited about her Hi-5 concert tomorrow, she might not sleep!!! Marley is in bed too, so looking forward to a nice quiet night (DH on pm shift again!!!) - will pop back later to check plans for tomorrow.

21 and sunny tomorrow - YIPEE!

Regarding living the "simple life"- I tend to think I live the very simple life! I live in a 14ft caravan in my Aunts backyard with 6 children. I own a laptop(rented), TV and a 1984 Tarago.Thats it, I had to get rid of everything when I moved!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi Charmaine from Melbourne! welcome to the group! I agree with IK - can we shorten your name to CKM or to Char - what would you prefer? Actually, I've been meaning to say to you all to call me CC, rather than CeeCee if you want. That was the name I wanted anyway...short for Catherine Crawford.

Mel
    - for a new member you already have a few posts under your belt!!!83! You go girl! thanks for saying two is sometimes easier -having a bit of a time at the moment with ally's non-sleeping.
    IK - feel really rude that I don't know when your op is - i'm sure you have posted..sorry darl....just want to make sure I know to send you positive vibes...also you know that you will get back 20 cents in the dollar after the initial $1k at tax time????

Simone - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!That is a great result!Imagine how well would have scored if you had a full nights sleep! Congrats honey!

Jess - i still don't know how you do it! i spent a few years living in a caravan from 5-8, I loved it - my sister and her kids live in a van/shed while their home is being built. Her boys love it! But I also loved it when we moved into a house with an inside loo!
    well pizza is here chat later..
    sleep tight girls!

Welcome Charmaine, Aja was born on the same day as my daughter Tori.......yay she has a birthday buddy.

Simone well done on the Tests, how wonderful it must feel to have a pick of things that you can do. Give yourself a great big pat on the back and enjoy your satay beef for dinner you deserve it (and probably a big glass of wine too :P)

Wow Bath how does it feel to know that your first baby is about to graduate Primary school. I keep trying to imagine what Tori is going to be like at that age, it all seems so far away.
    IK- I hope that Oscar copes alright with the bottle. I am sure that he will be fine, he sounds like such an easy going baby.

Cee-Cee How exciting for you to hear Ally saying Mum, even if she doesnt know what she is saying yet (although you never know, she might know exactley what she is saying). Tori used to make Mum sounds as well, but it was only when she was upset, so it wasnt so exciting- infact it was quite heartbreaking to hear her upset and saying my name.

We have been travelling nicely, I just got back some proffessional photos that we had taken for the Pride of the Nation book. The photographer did such a good job, he is so pleased with them that he has made a couple of pictures into huge advert signs that he has outside his shop. It was so weird to see Tori's face on a great big poster (but very exciting as well).
    I have applied for 6 jobs so far for next year, so now i just have to wait and see if I get to interview on any of them. All of them are part time, either 2 or 3 days a week, I would prefer to only work 2 but hey beggers can be choosers these days and I really need to go back to work parttime next year.
    I better go and get some stuff done Tori went down for a nap at 5:30 and is still asleep now (7:15) I am wondering if she has decided that it is time for bed for the night, if so I hope she doesnt want to get up and play at 3am.

morning Junies

Welcome Charmaine, where abouts in Melbourne are you?? We have meetups every month or so, today we will be meeting in the botanical gardens and going for a walk. Last time we went shopping in Melbourne Central!!

Girls for the meetup, i need to buy my secret santa present today...

I had my satay beef (shared it with Declan, he LOVES sitr fry's) but no wine (sorry Ali!!) would've been nice though

Morning girlies

What time and where in the Bot Gardens are we meeting?

Welcome Charmaine, hope you can make it in too!

Rory, i think we're meeting at between 10.30 and 11 at the old tea rooms... im about to call you, im going to drive out to glenroy and park out there, how do i get there from tulla??!!

Sim, easiest way is jump on the ring road heading towards Greensborough and take the Pascoe Vale Road exit. Turn right onto Pascoe Vale Road - want to drop in here and we can catch the train together?? gimme a call>

Which train you catching?? Im about to jump off and get me and Anneliese ready (im still laying in bed, but i can get us ready and in the car in 15 mins, then 10 mins to your place... i could be there in less than half an hour!!) Ill just meet you at the train station, im bad enough with directions as it is... LOL Im with you. I think i know where im going, i've been there before, just could remember!!!

there is a 10.59am train at Glenroy station - can you make that one?

Just wolfing down some cereal before heading to the train - I'm an aunty!! My sister had a baby girl at 2.30am (her time in NZ), 8 pound 4 - hee, hee, I have my very own niece
    ETA: Oh, her name is Chiara (Italian, so has a k sound, rhymes with tiara)!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 17th, 2006 at 08:33 AM.

Good morning, hope all you Melbourne girls have a wonderful day at the botanical gardens. IK congrats on been an aunty, she has a beautiful name. As for me I'm soo excited my SIL msned me last night and told me that her granny couldn't go to see CURCIS DE SOEIL (as she had a heart attack but is recovering) so they have a spare ticket, so guess who's going, MEEE, yay. It's on this Sunday, so I'm going to feed Cody before I go and then DH will be looking after all the kids, so I have a kid free afternoon, I'm soo happy it's not funny. I haven't had any proper alone time away from the kids in a looong time, woo hoo for me.

hugs xoxo

Hello ladies!
    Thank you for your welcomes!!! I live out in Sunbury, some of you might know where that is! And my car is dead at the moment so unfortunately I won't be able to go to any of the meets, but thank you for inviting me along anyway!

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS!
    Yes you may shorten my name to Char!
    What kind of birth experience did you have? Aja was due on the 24th June, on the 22nd I had a hindwater leak so I was induced at 11am on the 23rd, was pretty horrible because I couldn't move around with the monitor but I had the epi and I was fine Total time was 10 hours 40 minutes - not bad for a first I thought! But she was forcep delivery as she was stuck around the bend!
    What has your baby surprised you with to date? I love when she chuckles! She's only just started doing it and rolling as well...she's also teething and being an absolute horror - I think I'm just about pulling my hair out! Any idea? Done the bonjela and panadol but neither have made a difference! Oh and she's slept through the night since 3 weeks old so I was completely surprised by that one!
    What characterises your parenting? Go with the flow, I refuse to follow a book, I do things as and when I feel I need to - god that sounds like I neglect her but I mean I let her tell me when she wants to go to bed, when she wants to be fed etc.

Sorry Char I forgot to say welcome in my last post but I was so excited that half of what I wanted to say got lost.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Ali - yes, Ally normally only says Mammmmmm when she is upset - (when she is tired or bored).. she is saying it now in her hammock! But given she fails tummy time at least she is ahead in something!
    You should ask the photographer if you can have the advert signs of Tori when he is finished with them? That would be cool!
    Amanda... yeah! I heard it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to have the best time.(sorry bout your SIL's granny though...)

IK - I LOVE the name, congrats honey. You now have a little boy and a little girl to love.

Rory - how cute is the smile on your aviator baby!!! Always makes me laugh.

Char - you sound like you will fit right in! Most of us follow similar principles, however we are all a little different in our styles so it does not get boring! I'm totally jealous re: sleeping through.. are you breast or bottle feeding? When are you going to start solids? I'm seeing the nurse on Wed as I may start soon (Ally is waking three times a night and has really good feeds, so I think she maybe hungry?)...

Me; well picked up a friends cot for Ally last weekend, and I have to say it was totally gross - in 7 years and three kids it has see some pretty serious wee action..have spend almost 2 hours on it and I'm only half way (those bottom cracks are hard to reach -even with a toothbrush) ...picked up a matress from Clark rubber and it squashes in (had to take the nice inner spring matress back to Baby Kingdom as it did not fit!)...

DH is DJing at a club or something in Melborne tonight if anyone wants to go??? He hee? I'm sure he could get you in for free... anyone???anyone??? did not think so! oh, my clubbing days are well over!

hope you all have a nice day, chat later.
    luv
    CC

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast