Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

Alright, already! Geez, Mel!
    What a day. Put out my loads of washing (didn't rain up here, go figure), most of it under the house. Left to get to Mt Martha, but after failing to turn at a crucial point, and correcting myself, gave myself no time to visit DP's aunt first and headed straight to GF's house for lunch. Was really nice! Headed over to DP's aunt after and she was well-pleased with our visit. Oscar scored presents (she wasn't even expecting us, but she had them to give to him at some point). We then went to the beach and he had his first beach swim. He wasn't sure what to make of the freezing water...the look on his face was very odd indeed...but he didn't cry once. I dunked him too - he probably thought that was unfair as i thought it was too cold for me to go into!
    Anyway, I"m munching on a very healthy mix of white bread toast with jam (but it's 50% fruit minimum!), watermelon, banana milkshake, and jelly with strawberries. Couldn't be arsed organising a proper dinner and we got the bread as leftovers from a fundraising sausage sizzle!
    Simone - is it ok if we organise someone to go round and give your DH a huge slap upside the head??????
    Bath - hee, hee, so cute about Wade and the diggers!
    Umm, I've gone blank and I'm about as tired as Oscar is...better head to bed. Tomorrow should see me out of the house during the day, too - might head to pool, then to library, then to friend's house (they have evaporating cooling and it might be nice for Oscar to be in cool...or I might just get him to sleep and stick him in front of the fan...see how we go...). It will be too hot to do any sewing.
    Good night all!

Jess - how rude of them! Why don't they want you as president? Normally they have trouble finding people to do it, you think they would be glad someone stepped up and asked to do it. Hope you are not too hot in the caravan tonight, it's still so warm outside!

IK - I am impatient aren't I??? Glad Oscar enjoyed his sea swim. It must have taken his breath away, the sea is usually quite cold, but refreshing. I like the sound of your dinner - at least it has servings of fruit LOL!! I hope you get a chance to finish your wraps before you go.

Marley must be affected by the heat, all she has done today is sleep (I shouldn't complain!!!). She woke at 8.15am, then took Chelsea swimming so she napped in the car on the way there but missed her usual sleep. Got home at 11.30 and she went straight to sleep (in the wally wrap!) and woke at 3.30! Had her feed, played for a bit, then she got wriggly and grumpy, back to bed at 5.15 and woke 11pm! She is now having her feed with DH and will be back in bed soon. She usually wakes between 7.30-8.30am. I feel like I have hardly seen her today. Funny how some react with the heat. I worry sometimes that she sleeps too much - is that possible????

Not much planned for tomorrow - DH has tomorrow off so might go to IL's as they have a pool so we might hang out there. Got all my washing done and dry today so won't have too much housework to do.

Hope everyone sleeps well in this heat. Night Night

#karen# Guest

Jess - how upsetting!
    Mel - sorry about your dog, glad Chelsea was okay
    No time today have to get ds1 to band, then 20min walk to pick up car, then get ds2 to school then get nathan to dr (re: conjunctivitis)
    Ali - christmas cooking sounds good, i haven't decided my contribution this year, puddings sound a bit tricky to me.

What a lovely night it was! I sleep quite well in warm weather. I have a cotton blanket I got in Central America that they use there all year round (they have no such thing as doonas!) and it is perfect on warm nights when you still need a covering. Threw it over Oscar as well later in the night (he always needs less covering than us - he gets so sweaty even on cold nights! He fed at about 11.45ish and I think his next feed might have been at about 5 (didn't even check the time, but it was quite a long stretch).
    Mel - Oscar gets funny in the heat, it takes him ages to get to sleep cos he's being too busy getting cranky at the heat but then he will sleep for ages longer than cooler days. Also, may I recommend the Animal Aid for pet adoptions? Odin is my first pound puppy (remember those? I never even had one of them as a kid, so deprived!), and my parents also got their current dog from the same pound (pom cross). I admit to being torn between Odin and his crew (7 other shepherd cross pups - all huge!) and a scruffy little brown and white thing...Odin won out, but I so wanted to bring both home...
    Gotta go again - want to get to the pool this morning...
    ETA: CC - I use Skype! I use it for OS calls mainly, as my sister has an account and so do some of my rellos in Ireland. I use SkypeOut to call landlines here and OS cos it's that much cheaper and Optus doesn't then have to know that I'm not using them (having selected them as my long distance provider on a landline) for long distance calls. Sometimes (not very often) you can get a really bad line, but you just try again another time and it's fine. You can buy credit using PayPal, which I really like
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 21st, 2006 at 07:33 AM.

Morning ladies.

Still got sickie kids, Took Declan to hospital last night as his temp was 40.4, His eyes were rolling back in his head, he was vomiting and has the runs (sorry if TMI) no wee's for 12 hours, and he was really floppy as he was so lethergic, and wouldnt drink anything, and they said he would be waiting will all the other disease bags for at least 5 hours. AND they wouldnt refer me to the GP's clinic!!

Clam pools - i bought mine for Xander for his first Christmas, i used to live in a tiny 2brm unit that was awful in summer (afternoon heat went directly onto the living areas) and i used to put a tarp on the carpet and put the clam into the lounge. Xander was only about 5/6 months old then. Couldnt do it now, the kids would trash the house!! Its good for the fact i can fill up both sides and the boys have their own little pool

Thinking about getting Skype, i use MSN generally to talk to my parents in perth though. Easy as (except my mic's broken atm!!)

Sorry to those who have lost pets recently

Morning girls,

What a hot one last night but we all slept good (thank god for ceiling fans!!!).

IK - enjoy your day at the pool. We have discussed the Animal Aid, RSPCA, Lort Smith and there is one in Keysborough where my SIL got her dog. I have many friends who got dogs from shelters. We are yet to decide what we want to do and when we want to get another dog. Its lonely around here already!

Simone - is Declan OK, what was wrong with him? What about you, Xander and Anneliese are you all OK?

Karen - busy day is this heat, great LOL!!

Mel - I have no idea whats up with declan - he's been vomiting, got the runs (sorry for the tmi!!) when he woke this morning his eyes were full of gunk (stuck shut!!) and his nose is so runny. his temp is still over 38 this morning, and although he's drinking, he's still a little dehydrated.

Where's everyone this morning?? Its gonna be such a hot day, come sit by the computer

Well, just did the breakfast thing, declan wont eat. He didnt eat anything yesterday, so i hope he eats something today. Might fill the clams up and put them under the verandah...

Whats everyone up to today??

Hey Simone, hope Declan gets better - what did the hospital say was the issue?

Spent yesterday sewing - dress almost done. Going to spend today cooking Bisteeya (Moroccan chicken pie) and calling into work at 1pm for a meeting (not going in person - too hot!!)

No one else is around cept you and me, Sim!!

I left the hospital after an hour, declan just wanted to go home. Going to finish the dishes today, then sort out the kids toys... going to get rid of some!!

Good afternoon girls... just returned from PlayGroup... will get back on here for a proper go later... all's well... Niall now knows how to roll over...it was all because he wanted to see his mobile that hangs over his cot. Now when I put him in there for a nap (on his tummy) up goes the butt then he kinda leans and flips... then gives me a huge giggle as if to say "Ha! Out smarted you!". He's so proud of himself... probably the last Junie to roll but that's ok

Ok...famished...back later girlies.

Hey bath!! i was getting worried about you... LOL hope you had a good morning at playgroup.

where is everyone today??

Bath - big claps for Niall! Marley has only done it a few times and both have been by sheer fluke!!!

Too hot to do anything - DH has taken Chelsea to his mums for a swim. I coudn't be bothered so Marley and I have been playing on the floor, now she is in bed. Time for a coffee and read the paper.

Back later.

OK ladies, im outta here, taking Declan to hospital. he wont eat or drink anything, is very dehydrated.

talk to you all later

Melbourne girls: I think I just felt the first breath of the cool change... I've just hung a final load of nappies... hope I can get them dry before it rains.

Simone: Hope Declan is feeling better... it's amazing how fast they can go downhill but they also can better fast too! What's the latest?

Mel: Yeah I think Niall had a couple of flukey rolls but now he has a definate technique.

IK: ooh it's been ages since we've gone to a proper beach... I also don't like swimming in the bay, infact I won't, ugh. Maybe I've been spoilt by a childhood of nth NSW beaches... call me a beach snob LOL Hope you're having a good time out again today. Interesting you use Skype... I think I need to learn about that...

Rory: That Bisteeya sounds great... might Google for the recipe later... love Moroccan cuisine.

Jess: maybe everyone thought you have too much on your plate with 6 children, inluding a new baby? It's the only thing i can think of... you're very brave to offer though... i should imagine there would be heaps of petty squabbles to sort out as president... it would be hard not to take sides and avoid being accused of bias... still i agree... someone's got to do it. Bit like being a moderator in here: good on 'em putting themselves in the firing line!

ETA: Oh Simone! Still bad huh? Good luck darl... hope you score a sympathetic medico!

So do i bath, i waited in hossy for an hour or so last night, and was told there was at least a 5 hour wait when i asked!!

SIL just rang, said i should go over there, she'll look after the kids so i can focus on declan. She has icy poles, so im sold!!

Ill try and get on later, otherwise ill talk to you wonderful ladies tomorrow. Dont talk too much without me!!

Good luck again Simone! Sounds like he might need a rehydrating drip which could be traumatic for him... but I know from experience that you feel HEAPS better afterwards! ((hugs))

I've just noticed that Niall has a blood blister on the tip of his tongue!!! it's nearly the size of a contact lens ie not little compared to the size of his tongue.... this is new to me! His teeth still haven't broken though... weird... but those gums are tough! he seems happy enough. ETA: on further inspection it seems that it's not as big as I described... it's about the size of ---> O I think it looked bigger because I was alarmed! LOL He'll live.

Simone - make sure you keep us posted how Declan is. If you take him to the hospital, plead with them how sick he is and they might move you to the front of the list! Worth a try.

Bath - wonder where the blood blister came from? Has he been biting his tongue? Glad to hear its nothing to worry about. No cool change here yet, it better come! House is cool, but Marleys room is a bit hot (I have a fan in there) though.

Skype - seen stuff on the current affairs shows about it but need to know more. Girls who know about it - DO TELL!

Going to start getting stuff ready for dinner, Marley is awake now so better go feed her.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast