Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

The stupid part about it was that the girl they now have as Pres. didn't even say that she would do it, until they were behind closed doors!

Oooh, rain, lovely! Still not a real change - the wind is blowing hot (it turned for about a minute before turning again). The pool was lovely - I'm sure some people there thought I was doing a bad thing by dunking my small infant in the water for a couple of seconds at a time! He loved it. Very confused about water that isn't 34 degrees...
    I met up with a girl from my birth class and I wish she had replied to my email sooner (I found my contact list and emailed all those on email in October), cos we chatted so easily! She's going OS indefinitely on Friday, so I paid the bill and told her to save her money for books or mags at the airports. They will end up in Ireland (her husband is from there), so I will look them up when I go there.
    So, from pool to library to aircon cafe...I've had a good day. Got back home, put Oscar on the grass outside and then the drops started falling - I let them fall on Oscar to cool him down and I believe he may have appreciated it!
    Simone - How did you get on with the hospital? Surely a dehydrated baby in this weather would be a priority, especially as you can't exactly reason with a two year old that drinking water is very important... And that's so good of your SIL, I hope that helped you out heaps
    CC - I meant to say that my Moo Goo is very prized! My scalp has never been so un-irritated!
    Oooh, here's a proper change - drops of rain and leaves everywhere...
    Gonna get onto the sewing machine before thinking of dinner.
    Keep cool everyone!

WHERE IS MY RAIN?! I'm still waiting!!

We have heaps of wind, a little bit of rain, now its stopped!!! I turned off air con and opened doors and now the house is hot again ARHHHH!!!!

IK - sounds like you had a great day. Those muslin wraps might finally get finished LOL!!! Tell the rain to come down the mountain and cool us down!

Might have to jump in Chelsea's clam pool!

yep, that breath of cool air i mentioned earlier was very short lived... it's still hot ...and now smokey! so i had to close the house up... bluh.

Hmmmmm this thing you talk about, what is it, What is rain, never heard of it, ...lol]
    Simone how did you get on with the hospital?
    Mel so sorry your doggy died.
    Bath has he been sucked his tongue that hard? Poor boy
    Hi to everyone.
    Been busy we are in the middle of buying a house in Brissy, we beat them down and got a better price for it so very happy, lol, now we just have to wait on the bank, but it's all looking good, It's an older house but it's really big and has everything we could need and want. It is here if you want to take a look. http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1164088644
    bye
    Dee

Old is good when it comes to houses... love the floor boards... and the veiw Dee I agree you can do heaps with it and good work getting it for such a good price... you'd struggle to buy a three bedroom townhouse around here for that!

Niall is having nappy free time... Wade is asleep and all is good...

Been reading about making martini's... the quintessential 1950's ****tail... this is the Fifty's House here... gotta drink the right stuff LOL I'm not really a drinker... just thinking about Christmas... not the right weather for Egg Nog.

Umm, Bath, yep - pretend rain, bugger it! How are we supposed to break a drought with this caper??? Could smell smoke here, too, thanks to the wind change.
    Well, laundry has been sorted, bag is nearly packed, Oscar's bag is in progress and DP still hasn't done anything about dinner. I told him that I would be running around trying to get things done. I have to straighten my hair. This sounds frivolous, but it is purely for practical reasons. If I straighten it I can leave it unattended for a few days, but if I leave it curly it will become feral (nothing worse than being puffy with feral hair!!) and it will be too awkward to wash for a few days at least. Will need to wash it to get tangles and kinks out - if I pony tail it, it will have a kink in the middle of my head so I won't be able to leave it out and it will give me a headache...told you it was practical! The less feral I feel, the quicker I will recover, I am convinced!
    Oooh, I just settled Oscar after he woke - I didn't think he'd fall for it, but he nodded off again without having to pick him up. If it weren't so hot he would have pinged his eyed open and smiled at me and I wouldn't have been able to resist...
    Good one on the house, Dee
    Gotta go again and organise...

Dee (7th) - beautiful house, congratulations it looks fantastic and big enough to fit you all in (and a pool, could use on of those today!).

IK - good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Bath - martinis (yum). I had a champagne tonight, it was so nice and cold!!!

Is this rain ever going to come????

Dee that house looks great - I bet 6BR houses are hard to come by!!

IK, you girls with curly hair just don't know how lucky you are. The op is tomorrow, yeah? How long will you be off BB? LOL about "Very confused about water that isn't 34 degrees..."

Jess the women on the committee sound like a pack of scrags! But good on you for putting your hand up! How have you fared in the heat today, poor love

Mel, the clam pool sounds like a great idea - might have to get one.

Just spoke to Simone - Declan is ok now - I'm sure she will fill us in tomorrow

Bath, LOL at the 50's house! Have you Flylady-ed and shine your sink, Mrs Cleaver? I have - had a mate over for dinner and he told me to stop wiping my sink - LOL! (In fact, mate that came over is the guy I had a crush on in primary school - he is now good friends with DH and single - he's looking for a woman who likes to cook, loves kids, keeps a clean house.....I keep teasing him he missed his chance when we were 12!!!)

Flynn was such a lamb today - we have aircon so it wasn't too bad inside but he kept reacting to the wind outside - I think he was stirred up like a little puppy.

Speaking of puppies - a friend sent me an email about two labs that are free to a good home. Their owners have split, and the pair have been sent to the vet to be put down but the vet is madly looking for a place for them. I am sure they will find a home for them - they are 2yo, desexed, microchipped, male and female chocolate labs. DH and I seriously thought about it but we really are looking for two smaller dogs. But the more I think about it......!

better go girls - speak to y'all in the morning......

Waiting for Oscar to get back to sleep so that I can straighten my hair. Sorry, Rory, but I must be ungrateful here - unless you want to come round and wash my hair over the rim of the bath for me
    Those puppies sound like a good get - they probably won't last long at the vet clinic! Mel, how bout it? Labs have stickability in terms of longevity...and you've had one before...
    Jess - sorry, keep meaning to get to this but get distracted again! It's not very transparent of the committee to call an impromptu meeting like that at an AGM, it's very off! Sounds like they like things the way the are run now and a new person would upset a couple of apple carts, and managed to convince one of their own to maintain the status quo - sound about right? Geez, then they'll complain that people think the place 'runs itself' cos no-one wants to get involved, I bet. We have the opposite problem in my riding club - no-one new wants to come on board and everyone really does think the club runs itself. Absolutely no objections last year when I took on Vice President...and I haven't ridden at club for well over a year, so most of them haven't even met me! Good on you for at least having the gumption to show you want to be involved. They can't accuse you of being a passenger, at least
    Bath - you reminded me to give Oscar nappy free time! That reminds me now that I have some sheets to clean - he peed on them, but that's what nappy free time is all about LOL
    Thanks, Mel, for your vibes! I'll post an update when I get back. Rory, I'll be back home on Thursday, so I'll see how I go for posting. My girlfriend has offered her services, but I hope DP can pull his own weight in that regard.
    Might go eat some jelly, get DP to put Oscar to sleep and get my hair done...
    So relieved that Declan is ok! Thanks, Rory

Rory - the dogs sound tempting but the lab we had was a destructive nightmare LOL!! She was 4 years old and never grew up and destroyed the place. We were hoping to get something a bit smaller so that Chelsea can have a playmate that can tag along with her. Cooper, as gentle as he was with her, just couldn't be bothered playing and used to hit her in the back of her head with his long, very hard tail!!! Someone will snap them up though - everyone loves a cute lab, with those beautiful eyes (I bet stop before I tempt myself!!LOL)

IK - Go chill out and do your hair. Mmmm jelly would go down great at the moment. I just had some microwave popcorn (the lite version!). DP will be fine, when Matt had Chelsea while in hospital after Marley was born, it gave him a new appreciation of what I do (I think he thought it was easy LOL). Will be good for him and Oscar to have some alone time together - male bonding!

Simone - so glad to hear Declan is OK.

Gave Marley heaps of nappy free time today and she loved it - and no wees on the blankets!!! She had a nice cool bath with DH and slept from 5.30-10pm! The heat really knocks her about. I have just opened up the windows in ther room to try and cool it down a bit, the breeze at the moment is beautiful.

Going to Noosa in March with friends, so off to see what she has short listed for us to stay - how exciting!!!

Catch you all tomorrow.

OOOHhhh - Noosa!! Lush! I would love a Qld holiday. Do you say "Nooo-sha" like the ladies on Kath & Kim, LOL!!

And PML about Cooper and his tail! That's one of the probs with Danes I reckon - they are like Dinosaurs in that their tail seems to need a brain of its own! I used to ride my GD as a kid, its a pitty Chelsea wasn't old enough to appreciate having a "horse" around the house.

gotta go - beddy byes....

Oh My God - Oscar has sustained his first injury! DP picked up the breast pump box and the motor unit fell out...and onto Oscar's face - he is now sporting a cut/bruise (skin is only very slightly broken, but there's red and purple right under the point of impact, on the top of his cheekbone under his eye) there and I've iced it (ice cube inside wet face cloth). He is back with DP now after I calmed him down. Lucky I was there so that I could scoop him up straight away...not that it stopped him screaming, but at least I could stick a boob in his face. This seemed to help, but not a lot. He is calm now. Oh My God!!!! I almost cried, but I needed him calm, not more upset at seeing me crying! My perfect little boy has a cut on his face What a way to end a perfect day
    At least he'll sleep well. Wonder if the hospital will call DHS when they see him tomorrow...shouldn't even joke about that! I hope it settles down overnight so that they don't think I dropped him in the garden on a drunken rampage...eeek! Phew, he's giggling with DP now...
    That's written off any ideas of hair straightening. It might not get done - we'll see what I can squeeze into tomorrow morning before I have to go.
    Oooh, Noosa! I've never been - I got to the Gold Coast once, and that was a bit hairy, so I have to give QLD another go (properly, missing the GC good and proper) methinks. I did, however, get to see the Natural Arch, which was a bit of a lifetime fantasy since I saw a Readers Digest photo of it, as a 9 year old. Oh, well, NZ will have to suffice until then.
    Goodnight girls, may get on again tomorrow morning, but if I don't, you know where I'll be...chop, chop!

Oh, IK, poor little Oscar!! I suppose we are going to have to get used to the fact that our babes will get hurt. Especially once they start walking, huh? Oh there is a whole new world of anxiety about to open up! About DHS - my BIL and SIL ended up with a visit from child services because they took him to the Children's Hospital 3 times in a month with fall injuries (they live in St Kilda so it's their local). On one had it is pretty dumb - why would two parents who are bashing their kid visit the RCH 3 times in a month - you think they'd try to cover it up - but on the other at least there is some form of follow up. IK, point of my story is I think it takes more than one bruise, albeit a nasty one!, for DHS to pike up

Well I am up and raring to go - expressed 60mls of EBM (Bath, I enviously read of your overflowing EBM stores!) I was getting a little anxious over the past few days - every time I tried to use my new electric pump I got nowhere. But then I realised I was always trying to express at 10.30-11pm (ie: long after Flynn has his last feed). Maybe my body realises that is not "feed time" (usually last feed is b/w 7 and 9pm and he doesn't eat till 4-6am). Anyways, got up and used the hand pump and at least my confidence is restored - now I just need to work up to getting that from the electric pump.

I am going to have a coffee and do "work" work now - mothers group are coming over here today and I am "wagging" yoga this morning cause DH will have the car - how slack am I - wagging yoga!!

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678